Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
ICU doctor 'frustrated' as COVID hospitalizations spike in Tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — As the Labor Day weekend concludes, Tennessee continues to see a record-breaking number of people hospitalized with COVID-19.

The latest data from the Tennessee Department of Health reveals there are now 3,597 COVID patients hospitalized across the state. Of those, 1,020 are in ICUs. Before this record influx of COVID patients, the previous record was set back in January.

The most recent numbers from Vanderbilt University Medical Center show of the 218 people hospitalized over the last 7 days, 190 were unvaccinated.

"We’re seeing lots of lots people who are unvaccinated who are sick enough to be in the hospital," said Dr. Todd Rice, a critical care physician at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. "There is some exasperation from nurses. It's like if you just would have got vaccinated, you likely wouldn’t be here."

Dr. Rice has been treating COVID patients since the beginning of the pandemic. He said 18 months of grueling work has taken a toll on hospital staff.

"These patients are sick," said Dr. Rice. "They take a ton of resources, energy and time."

Dr. Rice said doctors are also waiting to see if travel and other activities over the Labor Day weekend cause yet another spike in cases.

"Our numbers are high enough right now, I think any increase we see gets buried in the high numbers right now."

Dr. Rice said the only way to reverse the trend is for more Tennesseans to get vaccinated. He said some unvaccinated patients have expressed regrets they didn't get the shot, and he hopes others learn from their actions.

"There is no better way to make sure you don’t get COVID and don’t end up in the hospital than to get yourself vaccinated," said Dr. Rice.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/icu-do...HDYtudzPC-rlarE

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
More and more kids in the school district here are testing positive for COVID.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
More and more kids in the school district here are testing positive for COVID.

The economy doesn't care about your kids...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Thread: #DeepThoughtsFromUnvaccinated

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Ivermectin should have been quickly put into clinical trials a year ago using a tiny fraction of the Billions of $ that we spent to find answers to this pandemic. It showed enormous potential as a cheap, safe, and widely available drug that could be used to prevent sever illness if prescribed as soon as COVID was identified. Unfortunately, that didn't work out.

Fortunately, Big Pharma has several other experimental treatments with unknown side-effects in the pipeline. Some are supposed to be nearing approval. I hope it works out, because, even though a cheap and very safe treatment 12 months earlier would have prevented many hospitalizations, beggars can't be choosers at this point.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: s003apr
Ivermectin should have been quickly put into clinical trials a year ago using a tiny fraction of the Billions of $ that we spent to find answers to this pandemic. It showed enormous potential as a cheap, safe, and widely available drug that could be used to prevent sever illness if prescribed as soon as COVID was identified. Unfortunately, that didn't work out.

Fortunately, Big Pharma has several other experimental treatments with unknown side-effects in the pipeline. Some are supposed to be nearing approval. I hope it works out, because, even though a cheap and very safe treatment 12 months earlier would have prevented many hospitalizations, beggars can't be choosers at this point.

You serious Clark?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Meanwhile...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Covid Is Here To Stay

Might as well get used to it.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
no surprise.... we'll likely need a covid shot each year similar to the flu shot.... hope we can at least get to the point where we have it somewhat under control...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I called this a year ago.

When we didn't get enough people vaxxed before Delta, I knew it was here to stay.

Not only did America not handle its business, there are still way too many unvaccinated worldwide to keep it from mutating faster than we can counter.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You can tell with the current pivot to treatment drugs that the medical/pharmaceutical realm is pivoting to "how to live with it" as opposed to "how can we eradicate it."

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
sure looks that way.

Sucks, too- because we've managed to completely eradicate other pandemic viruses in the past. Polio, Smallpox. When you were growing up, how many kids in your school missed time because of Measles? Mumps? Rubella? Almost none, because we developed prophylaxes against all of them. School systems required vaccination as a condition of attendance, and the universal adoption of this practice essentially made these diseases a thing of the past. Fewer than 20K cases per year in a country of over 300 million.

We actually did have a shot at beating this thing early on, as soon as the shots were available. We frittered away the chance to beat this thing when it was still in its original incarnation.

Interesting side-note: I heard a report on the radio many months ago that said we eradicated 2 different flu strains into extinction simply through our use of masks, hand-washing and social distancing. Lightest flu season in decades.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
Legend
Legend
E

No offense, but we never had a chance.

The USA is a globally active community. We never closed the borders, and it was already here before it was even a known problem. People were always going to bring it and new mutations here.

And also the vaccinations don't prevent covid, or prevent the spread of covid. That is the difference than all those diseases school kids are vaccinated against.

Covid is the more virile equivalent of chicken pox. You will get it sooner or later whether you like it or not.

The horse was out of the barn the second it spread from China.

Despite liberal tears, there is nothing Trump could have done to stop it and I can't believe the ignorance of people who claim otherwise. There is nothing anyone could have done. We still barely understand this virus and people somehow think it could have been prevented. Please get off the drugs.

All we can do now is get vaccinated on the regular, and hope for the best. Live as a hermit or go outside. It's up to you.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
duplicate.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

The USA is a globally active community. We never closed the borders, and it was already here before it was even a known problem. People were always going to bring it and new mutations here.

And also the vaccinations don't prevent covid, or prevent the spread of covid. That is the difference than all those diseases school kids are vaccinated against.

Covid is the more virile equivalent of chicken pox. You will get it sooner or later whether you like it or not.

Despite liberal tears, there is nothing Trump could have done to stop it and I can't believe the ignorance of people who claim otherwise. There is nothing anyone could have done. We still barely understand this virus and people somehow think it could have been prevented. Please get off the drugs.

All we can do now is get vaccinated on the regular, and hope for the best. Live as a hermit or go outside. It's up to you.

Spoken for the truth! thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I called this a year ago.

When we didn't get enough people vaxxed before Delta, I knew it was here to stay.

Not only did America not handle its business, there are still way too many unvaccinated worldwide to keep it from mutating faster than we can counter.

And it was impossible. The ability to mutate is faster than our ability to develop and administer vaccines worldwide.

I think that eventually we will come up with something that is a more permanent solution, but that is probably decades away at best.

Look at the flu. We have been fighting it for 100 years, but it keeps changing. We have gotten pretty good at mitigating it, but every now and then we have little defense and it still kills tens of thousands every year. This Covid is like Flu on steroids.

It is what it is, and how it's going to be.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I can't speak for others on here, and I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole again, but I think my biggest problem with Trump on the matter was the fact that he did treat it politically. I think people who argue that he could have prevented it altogether are off base.

Where I think he failed was basically not addressing it or talking about how it wasn't such a big deal up front. That segued into a lot of people in his political ideological realm basically saying that the disease was a hoax and not going through mitigating measures out of spite.

It obviously was and continues to be a big deal. I think the multi-phased approach of social distancing at first, getting high vaccination rates, and then looking into drug treatment therapies is a reasonable approach to prevent loss of life, and the data widely shows that vaccines have prevented loss of life and seriousness illness - for the people who have received them.

The problem from the start is that too many people were duped into making it a personal liberty issue and spreading misinformation. Just look at half the stuff SB posts. Just like Q, this was not a notion that Trump combatted up front, and it got so out of hand that - even when he did encourage people to get the vaccine - they started booing him in Alabama (which oddly enough is where I think SB lives).

He really didn't take ownership and initiative when he should have, and that sucks, because Operation Warp Speed actually was pretty effective after we reached that "no kidding" moment. I wish we had started with that mentality.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think that is right on mark.

The only small criticism I have would be that I don't know anyone who claims "that he could have prevented it altogether". Maybe there are a few random people but it was never a large sentiment. Of course, I could have missed it.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

We actually did have a shot at beating this thing early on, as soon as the shots were available. We frittered away the chance to beat this thing when it was still in its original incarnation.

It's hard for me to keep the whole timeline straight, so I double checked. Delta and other more infectious mutations were making their rounds months before the first person got jabbed in the US. Not that the fact really changes the crux of your comment.

Bonus points for using the word "frittered" and firmly sticking Pink Floyd in my head for the day. Back home in Ohio (I like to be here when I can), so I'll hum it all day while I'm cleaning the garage. thumbsup

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Early on in all this my girlfriend, also a nurse, said this would be ongoing until 2024. I tried to be optimistic. I’m not any longer. My guess is 2024 will be no different than 2021. The only hope will be better treatments. Leading to fewer deaths.

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Early on in all this my girlfriend, also a nurse, said this would be ongoing until 2024. I tried to be optimistic. I’m not any longer. My guess is 2024 will be no different than 2021. The only hope will be better treatments. Leading to fewer deaths.

When it really started to explode across the country, I figured we'd be looking at mid-late 2022 before things eased up. Hopefully the vaccinations and advancement in treatment will bring that a little quicker.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I hope that one benefit that results from our "wartime" medical advancements is that the types of vaccines and treatments we are saying segue into other viral diseases that have plagued us for quite some time.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

You obviously haven't looked up what the word "mitigate" means.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

But, instantly after Trump banned travel to or from China, he was called a xenophobe. Haters gotta hate.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S

Antibodies will reduce the spread of COVID and the severity of the illness. Those antibodies can be significantly bolstered by exposure to parts of the virus in the form of vaccines.

I would not describe COVID as being like chicken pox. COVID is a respiratory virus and a member of the common cold group of viruses. Respiratory viruses are hard to completely kill off with vaccines because they replicate near the surface of the mouth, throat, and airways, so they can be expelled from the body before quickly after replicating, before the immune system really has a chance to attack it. That is why it is nearly impossible to eradicate cold and flu viruses without taking extreme measures and sometimes even that doesn't work as we have seen with COVID.

Eventually our immune systems will adapt to COVID and it will just become another common cold virus. Mothers are even passing along their COVID antibodies to their children. Our immune systems are built to adapt to new zoonotic viruses (or lab modified zoonotic viruses)

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Not ideal!

Ivermectin causes sterilization in 85 percent of men, study finds
by: Erin Coulehan
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 / 08:23 PM EDT / Updated: Sep 8, 2021 / 10:40 PM EDT

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The effects of Ivermectin therapy on human males can have an effect on men’s reproductive health.

Researchers at three universities in Nigeria studied the effects of Ivermectin, which is used to treat river blindness and other medical conditions in humans, on men’s sperm counts. According to their study, 85 percent of men who take Ivermectin become sterilized.

Ivermectin is often used as an anthelmintic to combat parasites in animals and some people have been using it to fight COVID-19 despite health experts’ recommendations against it.

The study conducted by researchers in Nigeria screened 385 patients with river blindness to investigate the effects of Ivermectin on sperm function.

The researchers found that 85 percent of all male patients treated in a particular center with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunction.

Dysfunctions include the following:

-Low sperm count
-Poor sperm morphology
-Two heads
-Tiny heads
-Double tails
-Absence of tails
-Albino sperm cells
-Azoospermia, or the absence of motile sperm
-Poor sperm motility

“There was a significant drop in the sperm counts of the patients after their treatment with Ivermectin,” the study’s authors concluded.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not authorized or approved Ivermectin for treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans or animals.

But across the country, people have been self-medicating using animal-grade Ivermectin.

“Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal Ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal Ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous,” reports the FDA.

Dr. Ogechika Alozie, infectious disease expert in El Paso, said to use tried-and-true methods of COVID-19 treatment.

“The reality is this: the things that we know work so far, dexamethasone, actemra, remdesivir in the hospital. Things that work before you go to the hospital like antibody infusions and the vaccines have loads more data than Ivermectin,” he said.

Clinical trials evaluating whether Ivermectin tablets can be used to treat COVID-19 are ongoing, but there is currently no data available to suggest efficacy in fighting the virus.

Bottom line, vaccines are the best way to combat COVID-19.

“I get that people are scared, I get that people are worried,” said Alozie. “But it puzzles me that people would use something with such little data compared to something that has such great data and we know works.”

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/co...en-study-finds/

O
Legend
Legend
O
saywhat rofl rofl rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Not ideal!

Ivermectin causes sterilization in 85 percent of men, study finds
by: Erin Coulehan
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 / 08:23 PM EDT / Updated: Sep 8, 2021 / 10:40 PM EDT

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The effects of Ivermectin therapy on human males can have an effect on men’s reproductive health.

Researchers at three universities in Nigeria studied the effects of Ivermectin, which is used to treat river blindness and other medical conditions in humans, on men’s sperm counts. According to their study, 85 percent of men who take Ivermectin become sterilized.

Ivermectin is often used as an anthelmintic to combat parasites in animals and some people have been using it to fight COVID-19 despite health experts’ recommendations against it.

The study conducted by researchers in Nigeria screened 385 patients with river blindness to investigate the effects of Ivermectin on sperm function.

The researchers found that 85 percent of all male patients treated in a particular center with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunction.

Dysfunctions include the following:

-Low sperm count
-Poor sperm morphology
-Two heads
-Tiny heads
-Double tails
-Absence of tails
-Albino sperm cells
-Azoospermia, or the absence of motile sperm
-Poor sperm motility

“There was a significant drop in the sperm counts of the patients after their treatment with Ivermectin,” the study’s authors concluded.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not authorized or approved Ivermectin for treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans or animals.

But across the country, people have been self-medicating using animal-grade Ivermectin.

“Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal Ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal Ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous,” reports the FDA.

Dr. Ogechika Alozie, infectious disease expert in El Paso, said to use tried-and-true methods of COVID-19 treatment.

“The reality is this: the things that we know work so far, dexamethasone, actemra, remdesivir in the hospital. Things that work before you go to the hospital like antibody infusions and the vaccines have loads more data than Ivermectin,” he said.

Clinical trials evaluating whether Ivermectin tablets can be used to treat COVID-19 are ongoing, but there is currently no data available to suggest efficacy in fighting the virus.

Bottom line, vaccines are the best way to combat COVID-19.

“I get that people are scared, I get that people are worried,” said Alozie. “But it puzzles me that people would use something with such little data compared to something that has such great data and we know works.”

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/co...en-study-finds/

Much rather have Ivermectin than the experimental bio weapon jab you took rolling over to the Chinese government which is now the USA. Enjoy watching your immune system being wiped completely out as you take the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th jab this year. Then 10 more next year.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Much rather have Ivermectin...

Should we start calling you SterileBrown?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Happy Birthday, man!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nifty, Nifty... look who's fifty!

Happy Birthday, Jfan!!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
I read the 2011 study and I think the article title is misleading but perhaps I overlooked something in the study, which I easily could have done because I skimmed it a few times while at the office. I did not see anything that mentioned 85% of the men became "sterile".

I saw taking the drug significantly reduced sperm counts in the 37 subjects along with concerns about sperm motility and mutations. These 37 subjects of the original 385 patients screened w/ onchocerciasis for this study were the only ones w/ "normal" sperm counts. The other 348 already had "low" sperm counts and were disqualified. (I found that stat interesting). I didn't look it up yet but I would be curious if river blindness affects sperm to begin with?

This was the only thing I saw referencing infertility in the study:
Quote:
Although, there were no noticeable changes in the sperm volumes, sperm viscosity and the sperm
liquefaction time the results of this study is enough to cause infertility in these patients.

To me this says, this drug may cause infertility but the study doesn't conclusively prove so.

Also, it would be interesting to see what happened to these 37 subjects over time coming off the drug.

Note: And it is sad I need to say this on here because people will start their nonsensical correlations, but I am not advocating ivermectin. I just don't trust media stories much anymore.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
take it and find out for us.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Given the reason we're even talking about Ivermectin right now, I'd say that study "conclusion" is fair game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It won’t matter that their sperm counts drop when they can’t get it up anyway.

Erectile Dysfunction Risk 6 Times Higher in Men With COVID
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210407/erectile-dysfunction-risk-6-times-higher-in-men-with-covid

Man these COVIDiots are going to be depopulating themselves. Can’t breed the stupid bloodlines when your junk don’t work and your swimmers have weak game.

Some will hilariously turn to Pfizer and pay for the blue pill. When Pfizer offered to prevent the situation in the first place with a free jab.
Sweet sweet irony.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Note: And it is sad I need to say this on here because people will start their nonsensical correlations, but I am not advocating ivermectin. I just don't trust media stories much anymore.

Don't become too much of a cynic, Memphis!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Don't become too much of a cynic, Memphis!

You must be new here. wink

Tackles are tackles.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
When Pfizer offered to prevent the situation in the first place with a free jab.
Sweet sweet irony.

It's free from Pfizer?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The vaccine is free for you to get. You acting as though you're too dense to know what he meant. You're not.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Wave After Wave ~ Part 6

Link Copied to Clipboard