P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: s003apr
PitDawg,
You say I have gone off the deep end because you don't have an answer. If the OSH Act permits the President to require vaccines in the workplace, what can he not require in the workplace?

That's a lie. It does NOT require vaccines in the work place. You can be tested weekly instead and not get the vaccine.

I gave you the answers. You're using the same worn out logic that anti vaxxers have used for over a century. It's all a load of BS. If those using the same illogical BS you are had gotten their way when the small pox vaccine came out where would we be now?

Just because you don't like the answers you've been given doesn't mean your craziness hasn't been addressed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's a sad situation. What we do know is if everyone is vaccinated it will greatly reduce the deaths of Americans. That and wearing a mask in public settings also helps. It's uncomfortable and bothersome, but what small price is that to pay in order to cut the vast majority of Covid deaths.

Sorry to hear about the news arch.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
PitDawg,
You say I have gone off the deep end because you don't have an answer. If the OSH Act permits the President to require vaccines in the workplace, what can he not require in the workplace?

That's a lie. It does NOT require vaccines in the work place. You can be tested weekly instead and not get the vaccine.

I gave you the answers. You're using the same worn out logic that anti vaxxers have used for over a century. It's all a load of BS. If those using the same illogical BS you are had gotten their way when the small pox vaccine came out where would we be now?

Just because you don't like the answers you've been given doesn't mean your craziness hasn't been addressed.

Fair enough, it requires a vaccination or medical test if we are being specific.
But it seems like you are saying that the President can in fact unilaterally mandate whatever measures he pleases on businesses and workers as long as he says it is done to provide workers with a safe working environment. And the OSH Act give him this authority.
Agree? or Disagree? True or False? Yes or No? Let's stop dancing around it.

Legend
Legend
This is tragic news.
Condolences to your family.

Quote:
I have no answers.

The only answer that even comes close for me is that each of us needs to treat this disease like it is always fatal to everyone.

I'm back to wearing a mask in every indoor public setting. I refuse to be the asymptomatic disease vector that kills someone's loved one. It's the Christian thing to do: look out for others.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't know how to put this. First, I'm vaccinated. J and J. If it's necessary, I and my wife will get a booster shot. I have no problem with that.

We all have a 'born on' date, and we all have an expiration date.

Wife and I have spoken about this too much recently. Too many 30-40 year olds that she knows have died recently, from heart attacks.

I know of people that were the healthiest things ever, die or almost die, from heart issues. Best man in my wedding, actually. Healthy as a horse. 6'1, 175 lbs. Exercised daily. Played basketball twice a week. had a heart attack. Widow maker, 98% blocked. Dude didn't drink, never smoked.

I know - and this latest one - people that were vaccinated and got covid, and died, or will.

I know people that haven't been vaxxed, and won't be, and they still haven't gotten it.

As my wife and I were talking about this: have been talking about this, I came to this conclusion: I can live in fear, and not go anywhere, not live a life, and I'm still going to die.

OR, I can live life. Vaxxed, of course, and masked where need be. I will still die. I'm fine with it. I don't WANT to die, but I know WHEN it happens, where my soul is going.

So, sit at home not living life and waiting to die, or living life knowing I will die at some point.

Do I want to die not living, or do I want to live dying?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
No. Once again you are twisting in the wind. He requested that OSHA require these things.

If you're going to ask a question at least try not to use a false premise to base the question on.

President Biden Asks OSHA To Mandate Covid-19 Vaccines

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/president-biden-asks-osha-to-mandate-1989368/

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

/

That's the key sentence. Don't try to pass it off as Biden isn't requiring this.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I see. So you think the words request and require mean the same thing. Got it.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p...ies-1235010729/
From that article:
Quote:
he requirement for large companies to mandate vaccinations or weekly testing for employees will be enacted through a forthcoming rule from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration that carries penalties of $14,000 per violation, an administration official said.

So, biden mandated it, yet you feel it came from OSHa?

https://www.wlns.com/news/president-bide...weekly-testing/
Quote:
The expansive rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly, affecting about 80 million Americans. And the roughly 17 million workers at health facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid also will have to be fully vaccinated.

Sure seems to me biden mandated it - via ohsa.

The ruling will be ENACTED by Ohsa. It comes from Biden. https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/202...s-or-tests.html

Don't be dumb and think biden had nothing to do with it. His admin mandated it, and ohsa is just following along. Don't put this on OHSA.

https://theumphx.com/2021/09/10/presiden...-100-employees/

I mean, how many links do you need?

Here: https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/09/09/biden-vaccine-mandates-not-about-freedom-or-personal-choice/ This one says the department of labor will mandate...........

It's all coming from Biden. To think otherwise is ignorant. But, who am I replying to?

Listen to him, in his own words (geesh, if you can understand him)

I see you can't understand. It's not a request, it's a requirement, mandated by him and his administration.

But, you go on larry, be the expert on everything, even though you aren't.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm so very proud of you arch! You finally did your own homework!!!

Was it really that hard?

Now just let me know when Biden signs an executive order mandating vaccines and testing in the work place.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's not all-or-none. That's what the linked court decision is saying.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Mike Huckabee Blames COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy On Biden ‘Boring Us To Death’ With Science

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-huckabee-blames-covid-19-085142523.html

Read the article. I just can’t with you with conservatives lmfao.

Basically Biden needs to create a lord of the rings style storyline to get righties to get the vaccine, cause real science and facts just isn’t gonna cut it.

This is pathetic.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Which, seems to me an attempt at being dismissive of a valid point that none of you can't dispute.

Let me know when you get a valid point!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
PitDawg,

It's no use.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
j/c

Got off the phone with my wife. My bro in laws mom, vaccinated way back due to her age, got covid. Hospitalized 9-2. Intubated 9-5. They got word today that the doctors were taking her off the vent on this Wednesday. Her heart is now failing.

Doctor said it could be 10 minutes, or could be 5 hours.

(I don't know why they are waiting til wednesday to do this. The cynic in me has some ideas, but, I won't share them)

It's real - covid. And yet so, so many get it and don't even know they had it. I have no answers.

That completely, completely sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that arch. Prayers for her and your brother-in-law.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
It's not all-or-none. That's what the linked court decision is saying.

He didn't read it, or he would have known the last part of the decision actually deals with that.

He also said that Jacobson has nothing to do with this, although - having been through the appellate process myself - I can guarantee it will be a focal point for the courts to address in any litigation that results from all this.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
He also seems to be getting hung up on the President being the one to mandate. I can understand that argument, but IMO this isn't a great example of the Executive branch's expanding control/autonomy. It's a separate conversation that was started more than one presidency ago.

There have been many instances of the Executive branch overstepping its bounds to push an action through (increase of significant Exec orders, "declaring" war while sidestepping Congress, etc). There are FAR more egregious examples of Exec overreach than trying to contain a pandemic with a solution that's overwhelmingly backed by data, so I find it hard to wring my hands over this one.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yeah, getting OSHA to set a new policy that pertains to safety in the work place, which is their job BTW, pales in comparison to things we've seen over the past several presidents. But it's something they've decided to try and make sound like we now have an authoritarian government.

This after Trump signed 219 executive orders. Go figure.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh for sure. There's a totally valid point to be made with presidential overstepping, and, like you, I agree it has become such a pattern. I think the legislature has neutered itself because the party in power seems to be okay with deferring to the president if he is also in the same party. It's easier that way, considering there is almost no value in negotiating in the legislature anymore. Of course, when the president is in the opposite party, then the majority cries foul that there are too many EOs, regardless of whether they intrinsically agree with them or not.

To place a flag on the hill where he's putting it, and in the manner he's putting it, and the fact he put Trump into the argument - to me - shows it's another scenario of fighting against the person doing it, rather than genuine concern about what is being done.

Even with that, I can possibly understand the angle, but then you completely lose me when it becomes about things like "mandating cyanide" to prove a point. Like you said, with all the other debatable EOs that have happened over the past decade or two, I can't believe this is the hill people are choosing to die on, with asinine examples.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
PitDawg,

It's no use.

They get "alternative facts" from the not main stream fairytale campfire boogeyman news media on the right... and you wonder why they can't get their facts straight... They are being lied to 24/7 and led around by the nose by their thuggish wannabe tough guy anchors and political leaders. AND if you lined all those mouthy asses up and went down the line getting in their faces, less than a dozen in DC and right wing media would even have the balls to look you in the eye.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
He also seems to be getting hung up on the President being the one to mandate. I can understand that argument, but IMO this isn't a great example of the Executive branch's expanding control/autonomy. It's a separate conversation that was started more than one presidency ago.

There have been many instances of the Executive branch overstepping its bounds to push an action through (increase of significant Exec orders, "declaring" war while sidestepping Congress, etc). There are FAR more egregious examples of Exec overreach than trying to contain a pandemic with a solution that's overwhelmingly backed by data, so I find it hard to wring my hands over this one.

You guys can't forget that Trump spent months whipping up mistrust against and dismissing facts about covid. He has conditioned them to respond this way, the same way you would train a dog how to behave... When any GOPer did something he did not like, Trump ostracized them. And for sheep the herd is everything, without it you die... This is why real facts don't help and expecting them to read the facts in links we post will never happen.

The majority of the republican party is stuck on stupid in an infinite loop of misinformation and conspiracy theories. AND for all those on the right witnessing and defending these things or not speaking against them... they are the worst of the worst because they CAN see the issues but choose to do or say nothing to help get the fools around them back to reality. NOPE, strictly motivated by political partisanship, they protect and spread the lies.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/14/21 11:22 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't really disagree, but, to be fair, I don't know if s003apr falls into that category just based on my conversations with him. It's a fair guess, but hell if I really know.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

So to be clear:

You are basically required to get the vaccine to lessen the effects and stop the spread of Covid.

but...

people who have the vaccine can still get and can spread Covid.

and...

People who had Covid are still required to get the vaccine because... your body needs to produce antibodies it already has.

We are living in confusing times folks!

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

/

That's the key sentence. Don't try to pass it off as Biden isn't requiring this.

Wait, Asking is now requiring? Since when?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
You don't read links, do you?

https://www.wlns.com/news/president-bide...weekly-testing/

Headline: President Biden to require employers with more than 100 workers mandate COVID-19 vaccines or weekly testing

From the article: WASHINGTON (AP) – President Joe Biden on Thursday is announcing sweeping new federal vaccine requirements affecting as many as 100 million Americans in an all-out effort to increase COVID-19 vaccinations and curb the surging delta variant that is killing thousands each week and jeopardizing the nation’s economic recovery.

The expansive rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly, affecting about 80 million Americans. And the roughly 17 million workers at health facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid also will have to be fully vaccinated.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
OSHA to Require Employers With 100+ Employees to Ensure Workers Are Vaccinated or Tested Weekly

On September 9, 2021, the Biden administration announced a new plan to combat the ongoing coronavirus pandemic in the United States. A critical component of that plan calls on the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to develop and implement a new emergency temporary standard (ETS) to require employers with more than 100 employees to require that their employees are either fully vaccinated or subject to COVID-19 testing at least once per week:

The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is developing a rule that will require all employers with 100 or more employees to ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require any workers who remain unvaccinated to produce a negative test result on at least a weekly basis before coming to work. OSHA will issue an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) to implement this requirement. This requirement will impact over 80 million workers in private sector businesses with 100+ employees.

Neither the White House nor OSHA announced any details, such as an estimated date of when OSHA might issue the ETS, or whether employers must pay for vaccinations and/or testing.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/osh...nated-or-tested

The devil is in the details. Or the lack of pointing out the details.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Right.

And the agencies are getting their orders from???

Or, does it not matter to you?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It seems you have a problem understanding what "orders" are.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
5th Anti-Vax Right-Wing Radio Host Dies Of COVID-19 In The Past 6 Weeks

Bob Enyart refused to get vaccinated because he said the COVID-19 vaccine was tested "on the cells of aborted babies."

In a clear and pattern, a fifth right-wing radio host has died of COVID-19 in the past six weeks, each linked by the fateful common truth that they all refused to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

It was not immediately when Denver-based pastor and talk show host Bob Enyart died. His death was announced in a Facebook post that claims Enyart “lost his battle with Covid.”

But one of the things that was very clear about Enyart was how against mask mandates he was in addition to his opposition to the COVID-19 vaccine.

The Denver Post reminded its readers that Enyart last year won a lawsuit he filed against Colorado “over mask mandates and capacity limits in churches, a rare legal victory against broad public health mandates instituted during the pandemic.”

The judge in that case delivered Enyart a partial victory after dismissing most of the lawsuit’s claims except that part that made mask exemptions “if they interfere with their religious exercise, and from particular limits on indoor gatherings that do not apply to secular institutions.”

Enyart also took to his website to explain why he refused to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

As of just last month, he said he and his wife “have sworn off taking the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson vaccines because, as those firms admit, they tested these three products on the cells of aborted babies.”

He said he was waiting for “vaccines being developed morally” and lamented none of them would be available anytime soon.

Enyart died just about one month later, joining a growing number of anti-vaxxers who have also died from COVID-19.

He is among four other anti-vax right-wing talk radio hosts to die under similar circumstances, including Marc Bernier, who dubbed himself “Mr. Anti-Vax” before he died Aug. 20; Phil Valentine, who died Aug. 21; Dr. Jimmy DeYoung Sr., who died Aug. 15 after calling the vaccine “government control;” and Dick Farrel, an avid Trump supporter who changed his mind about the vaccine after her fell sick from the virus, but it was too late. Farrel died after a two-week battle on Aug. 4.

Being anti-vaccine has become increasingly deadly, according to a new CDC report that found unvaccinated people are 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than someone who is fully vaccinated.

To be sure, white, right-wing conservative radio hosts are far from the only anti-vaxxers to die from COVID-19. Like-minded individuals are also falling victim to the pandemic because they refuse to get vaccinated.

That includes John Pierce, a right-wing attorney who once defended accused Kenosha murderer Kyle Rittenhouse and now representing 17 members of the Jan. 6 Capitol treasonous insurrection. Pierce, who once tweeted, “No one should be taking any of these vaccines,” was hospitalized last month and “nonresponsive” before being placed on a ventilator.

https://newsone.com/4209341/bob-enyart-dies-covid-anti-vax-right-wing-radio-hosts/

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does anyone know if you are more or less likely to transmit covid to someone else if you have the vaccine?

They stopped with that whole... stay 6 feet apart and stop the spread. They also stopped with save your friends' and family's lives by getting the vaccine.

Did they bother to test and see if transmission rates decreased?

My fear is that it is because they don't know or they do know and the political agenda people changed their words.

Yet, here we are... so many people are being blinded by "political science" vs science.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Here it is simply.

The vaccine does not stop one from getting COVID, it reduces the chances one contracts it, and it reduces the affects if one does get it.

It is pretty simple.

Wearing a raincoat doesn't mean one won't get rained on, and it doesn't mean one won't get a bit wet, but they would be better off than if they hadn't worn one.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Here it is simply.

The vaccine does not stop one from getting COVID, it reduces the chances one contracts it, and it reduces the affects if one does get it.

It is pretty simple.

Wearing a raincoat doesn't mean one won't get rained on, and it doesn't mean one won't get a bit wet, but they would be better off than if they hadn't worn one.

ok, so what does it matter if people get it or not if it only helps you get less sick? ---not overloading the hospitals and that's it?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Here it is simply.

It is pretty simple.

ok, so what does it matter if people get it or not if it only helps you get less sick? ---not overloading the hospitals and that's it?

Geez, that's some crazy thinking

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F
Missed the part about reduces the chance you get it?

Would you refuse a bullet proof vest if you were walking into a gun fight?

Last edited by FloridaFan; 09/15/21 01:02 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

more like.. forcing everyone to wear another bullet proof vest even though they have one on.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Last week in America the average daily death toll from Covid was over 1560 people per day.

The last reports I saw stated that you were four times less likely to get Covid if you were vaccinated, 90% of those in the hospitals were unvaccinated and 90% of those hospitalized who died from Covid were unvaccinated.

Now why are you having trouble comprehending that we could roughly reduce American deaths by about 90% if we could get everyone vaccinated?

Let me put it to you another way. 2997 people were killed on 9/11. Last week we had more deaths every two days than we had on 9/11. That's over three and a half times as many deaths last week alone due to Covid than Americans killed on 9/11.

Now if we could get every American to understand that Covid is just as much of of an enemy to American lives as the terrorists were on 9/11, maybe people would work together as a nation to defeat it. Because we CAN wipe out 90% of the deaths this enemy is causing. Instead they call it political and choose that hill to make their stand on in spite of it killing more and more Americans every day.

It's sad and shameful at the same time.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F

more like.. forcing everyone to wear another bullet proof vest even though they have one on.

So you're saying everyone is already immune to this.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
[sarcasm]Well of course they are! That's why so many Americans are still dying of Covid every day.[/sarcasm]

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So you're saying everyone is already immune to this.

nope what I'm saying that they are forcing people who have the antibodies to go get a vaccine. which, is stupid.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Now why are you having trouble comprehending that we could roughly reduce American deaths by about 90% if we could get everyone vaccinated?

because the vast majority of the people who die from Covid die from having underlying health issues or are over 60.

that's why around 10,000 have died under 40 and of those the vast majority had underlying health issues.

people who are healthy, shouldn't be forced to get something to protect them from something. They should get the choice.

people who have already had covid and have the antibodies should not be forced to get the vaccine.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Wave After Wave ~ Part 6

Link Copied to Clipboard