Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
A coworker is a Bears fan and he said their OL is swiss cheese.. even if Dalton starts I think there is a good chance we will see both QBs at some point.

We should hang 35 on them, like the Rams did.. and if our defense can't keep them under 25, then we will have another discussion next week on whether or not our defense really has the ability to be as good as we thought it would be.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

IMO the Browns as well as the other teams are different after Thanksgiving. Some in a good way others not so good.

Last year the Steelers started 11-0. They didn't finish so hot.

As fans we devour every piece of news on every player on our team. So, we either build guys up or tear them down.

The reality is there are lots of good players on every team. The Texans played hard against us. It would have been touch and go if Tyrod stays in the game.

Games are close. Many decided by a field goal. Bucs Cowboys.

Teams are probably better than some think or, not as good as some believe.

The league is built to have parody.

The Browns could easily be 2-0 or 0-2.

I for one never believe any team is a gimmie. Over many years I have learned to take nothing for granted.

The goal is win the division. Hoping you are peaking when post season begins. That is how the Bucs won last year.

When the season is ready to open. I hear people talking about the Bucs repeating. Please. Not likely.

Going undeafted. Give me a break.

We are a good team. We should be in every game. Other than that. Who the hell knows?

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I noticed Krupp tore them up a lot. I know they have Mack, but the weird thing is I literally never hear about him anymore

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
J/c

Has anybody watched the Bears thus far? I haven’t really. All i know is that their OL has typically been bad and that Dalton has a low ceiling. I’m hoping he plays instead of Fields, but I think we’ll see the latter

I watched the Bears Cincy game. They are way better than Houston, particularly defensively. They have some really good veteran players on the defensive side of the ball. This game will be won by who out coaches who and which QB plays better.

I am concerned Woods will go out of his way to make Dalton/Fields feel as comfortable as possible.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I am concerned Woods will go out of his way to make Dalton/Fields feel as comfortable as possible.

Yeah, that's the goal. rolleyesdevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I'm sure the scheme will be designed in a way that the staff believes gives us the best chance to win... but it wouldn't be the first time that we let a rookie or mediocre QB on a sub mediocre team look like a rock star.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
it wouldn't even be the first time this season

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Their offense is just really predictable and their OL/Ben limit the things they can do with those great WRs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
A coworker is a Bears fan and he said their OL is swiss cheese.. even if Dalton starts I think there is a good chance we will see both QBs at some point.

We should hang 35 on them, like the Rams did.. and if our defense can't keep them under 25, then we will have another discussion next week on whether or not our defense really has the ability to be as good as we thought it would be.

Our defense will be just fine. The problem is as fans we expected them to come out of the gate and play like they had been together for years instead of weeks.

I not for a moment personally believe that we won't get better every week. If some of you believe that this is the finished product you are just being silly IMO.

If looking back you didn't believe that this defense might struggle out of the gate then you just are expecting to much I think.

The real thing we all should be looking for IMO is that week over week it gets better and better.

Last season people where putting forks in the Buc's and how did that turn out?

If the defense gets worse or shows no improvement then there will be cause for alarm, now is clearly not that time IMO.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Legend
Legend
P

I'm sure the scheme will be designed in a way that the staff believes gives us the best chance to win... but it wouldn't be the first time that we let a rookie or mediocre QB on a sub mediocre team look like a rock star.

There's quite a bit of difference in that happening and Woods "going out of his way to make it happen".

At that point the crap gets so deep you need hip waders.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

There's quite a bit of difference in that happening and Woods "going out of his way to make it happen".

At that point the crap gets so deep you need hip waders.

How about "not doing or won't do anything to correct what's happening...again"?

P
Legend
Legend
P

I'm not trying to pretend I know more than the players.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Do your job!

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
So Roethlisberger has an "injured" left pectoral. Apparently not torn, and he's trying to play Sunday against the Bengals, but it's not determined yet. We'll see how the 39 year old recovers.

Legend
Legend
He’s literally out of gas. It may not even be an injury as much as a justification to let him walk away

B
Legend
Legend
B
To me it's sad when a good player reaches the end of the line.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd normally agree and Ben was probably an underrated player his whole career, but as an absolute scummy human being I don't find it sad at all in this particular case.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Bring on Mason Rudolph...heh, heh, heh.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

It's even worse when they seem to refuse to believe it

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

It's even worse when they seem to refuse to believe it
It’s gotta be a strange feeling. I’m sure there are still moments when a player feels like their old selves, makes a great play, etc … and thinks “there we go.” Plus, it’s all they know and are ultra competitive.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Neither am I...I'm also not the one constantly playing the straw man.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ben has been a good football player for many years.

When I think about him being gone I smile, no sadness from me for him. I also remind myself that often when a player gets long in the tooth people are constantly writing them off every time they stubble, case and point Brady.

How many times has he been written off, only to rise from the dead and get yet another ring.

I also haven't changed my mind about Pittsburg as a team. If there was someone that could beat the Bills it would be Pittsburg, and IMO someone in Buffalo should be fired. That team is one dimensional on offense, and if Pittsburg is good at anything it's creating a pass rush. From here out Pittsburg will struggle on both sides of the ball.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Neither am I...I'm also not the one constantly playing the straw man.

Better to be a straw man than be Chicken Little.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
There is one constant, known "straw man" on this board. No doubt...doesn't matter the board or the thread.

The only chicken little on here might be THROW...if you can understand him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Mmmmmmm hmmmmm......

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not if it's that piece of $&**!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I'd normally agree and Ben was probably an underrated player his whole career, but as an absolute scummy human being I don't find it sad at all in this particular case.

I understand.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

Its not sad to me. He played a sport he loves and now gets to retire with hundreds of millions.

What a sad life. Boo hoo.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
To your point, there are numerous people that are in the same spot he is now, but only played a tiny fraction (and got paid even less) of the time Ben did.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
To me that comment is rich, rrrich.
To almost never see a Browns players career with the team ending not be met with a themed post of, good riddance, player x was never good anyway.
But a discussion on Ben R.s diminishing skills gets that.

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
I met Ben's grandfather in an out of the way store in SE Kansas. He started off the conversation by saying his grandson lived in Pennsylvania and owned a pheasant farm...and played football. Ben will be just fine.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Not if it's that piece of $&**!

Finally a post of yours I agree with.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Week Three Results:

Browns 2-1
Bengals 2-1
Ravens 2-1
Steelers 1-2

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 09/26/21 04:18 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
58 pass attempts for Ben today. The season is not going to end well for the Steelers if that trend continues.

His arm was pretty much gone last year by the end of the season. And they started 11-0.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
58 pass attempts for Ben today. The season is not going to end well for the Steelers if that trend continues.

His arm was pretty much gone last year by the end of the season. And they started 11-0.

Yeah his arm is toast, and his mobility has really hindered him anymore...He used to have that deceiving escapability..But he's coming down way too easy anymore. He looks like a shell of his former self. That Oline is in shambles, losing your top 2 WRs doesnt help any...And him and Claypool, have looked off this year (compared to last year when they were connecting nearly weekly for chunks)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Has any QB ever retired mid-season???

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
yeah, don't mind seeing Ben get his finally, but don't like seeing an HOFer go out like this.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC North News and Notes 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard