Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Legend
Legend

Last year the Browns were forged in fire.

Clearly the players support each other and believe in the team.

Berry and Stefanski are joined at the hip.

Have to give credit to the Haslams. They have come a long ways as owners.

We should be a good for a long time.

I sure hope we can win it all. I know how hard that is. And I know you need a little luck as well.

The days of torture are over.

I am going to enjoy the ride.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Is Odell Bechkam ever going to be a main reason the Browns won a game?

Will the Browns figure out the passing thing before I die?

Bottom line, Browns must win 6 of the next 6, 8-1, or they most likely miss the playoffs.
Can't figure out Lamar Jackson.
Can't figure out how to get in FG range in 3 plays or less.
Still in 3rd place. Swept 2 whole divisions last year, never got out of 3rd place until the final game.
The System is set up to hate Ohio.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think "supporting this team through thick and thin" are why all of us long time fans are still here. Or we would have been long gone before now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Here's an article from the Athletic regarding Oline rankings. I'll drop the link (I believe it's behind a paywall, though), and summarize as the article isn't really conducive to cut-and-paste. The portions in quotes are the chunks I lifted straight from the article.
https://theathletic.com/2855505/2021/10/...s-falling-down/

Browns have the #1 line at this point (3 games). They have the least total pressures, and are near the top in the other metrics.

"These results are one of the wilder anomalies of this study. The Browns are the best in keeping heat away from Baker Mayfield, and yet he’s one of the more sacked quarterbacks in the league. Here’s the more telling stat: Of the 190 players fitting the qualifications, Cleveland is the only team without an offensive lineman with five or more pressures allowed through three weeks.

Tackles Jack Conklin and Jedrick Wills have allowed four pressures each. Tackle Chris Hubbard skewed the numbers when filling in for Wills with a rough Week 1 outing (three pressures, one sack in 36 snaps). Guards Wyatt Teller (three pressure) and Joel Bitonio (one), along with center JC Tretter (one) round out a stout pass-protecting unit.

The Browns also rank 30th in pass snap percentage at 52.4 percent. But when they do pass the football, Mayfield typically isn’t pressured too often."

Vikings are #2 on the list. They seem to allow more pressures but take less sacks than we do.

"There’s no wonder why right tackle Brian O’Neill landed a monster contract at the beginning of the season. He’s one of nine qualified linemen without surrendering a pressure so far. It’s even more impressive given he’s taken the most offensive snaps of those nine with 208 snaps.

Tackle Rashod Hill leads the team with eight pressures (tied for 31st overall), giving up three pressures each in Week 2 at Arizona and Week 3 vs. Seattle. Guard Ezra Cleveland gave up three of his five pressures in Week 1 at Cincinnati. Center Garrett Bradbury also struggled against the Bengals, allowing a single-game team-high four pressures. Guard Oli Udoh has been the most stable with four pressures on Kirk Cousins."

Chargers' line is tied for 6th.
Steelers are 9th
Bengals are at 14th, but the author has his reservations about that, and points out they run the ball a lot.
Ravens are ranked 28th, and that's almost totally because of their tackles. The Villanueva experiment apparently hasn't been going well.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think "supporting this team through thick and thin" are why all of us long time fans are still here. Or we would have been long gone before now.

If you don't feel that more then ever knowing the kind of organization beyond the football field they have become IMO your are half dead.

I think that was my point.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I sure hope we can win it all. I know how hard that is. And I know you need a little luck as well.

I think Dee might be the brains of that family operation.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What was the old tv commercial " Parts is Parts " ..lol

O
Legend
Legend
O
I was assuming that was simply a clip of where he literally won the game off that busted end-around... forgetting he had gone off pretty much all game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I think Dee might be the brains of that family operation.

I remember not long ago when there was a big call for the Haslams to sell the team. (too whom I don't know)

I always thought that was rather short sighted.. I wasn't happy with them, but I also decided that all they were doing was turning everything over and over until they found the right folks... It took them a while, but they finally did it I think..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It seems like things stabilized more when Dee got more of a say as opposed to Jimmy. I think he also felt pretty damn embarrassed by - not only the whole Pilot scandal - but also that exposé that Sports Illustrated(?) put out there about how dysfunctional things were under him and his meddling.

DePodesta seems to also have been a more stabilizing influence as well. Paul has seen a whole lot of drama, but you never really hear his name associated with any of it. It was pretty apparent that Dorsey had an eye for talent, but also wanted to be top dog and got pretty territorial about it. His departure I believe was the last step toward cohesiveness.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's just say that it took a few tries for a blind squirrel to find the nut.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
It seems like things stabilized more when Dee got more of a say as opposed to Jimmy. I think he also felt pretty damn embarrassed by - not only the whole Pilot scandal - but also that exposé that Sports Illustrated(?) put out there about how dysfunctional things were under him and his meddling.

DePodesta seems to also have been a more stabilizing influence as well. Paul has seen a whole lot of drama, but you never really hear his name associated with any of it. It was pretty apparent that Dorsey had an eye for talent, but also wanted to be top dog and got pretty territorial about it. His departure I believe was the last step toward cohesiveness.

Dee's been involved since they bought the team so I doubt her being more prominent means much. That was done because of the crapstorm at Pilot Flying J.

Now it might be safe to say that the son in law being hired was the x factor.. I don't know.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Let's just say that it took a few tries for a blind squirrel to find the nut.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky right?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

Will the Browns figure out the passing thing before I die?

Bottom line, Browns must win 6 of the next 6, 8-1, or they most likely miss the playoffs.
Can't figure out Lamar Jackson.
Can't figure out how to get in FG range in 3 plays or less.
Still in 3rd place. Swept 2 whole divisions last year, never got out of 3rd place until the final game.
The System is set up to hate Ohio.

Wow, three games in and you got all kinda problems... Yikes

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
She definitely ramped up her involvement after all that happened. You started seeing her more in the news toward the culmination of everything starting to go wrong in ‘16 and ‘17.

I don’t think very highly of JW3 just based on his level of involvement and how he acted when things were going south. I’ve always been under the impression with him that he’s basically a remora. He’s been dealing with uniforms and marketing and whatnot. Maybe I’m wrong, but I haven’t been a huge fan of his.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
After Monday Night football, the NFL has finished 4 weeks, all teams, the 7th NFL tie breaker for the AFC. Combined ranking of a teams points score and points given up. Low score better. (Previous week: Bills 3, broncos 3,Browns 7, Bengals T12, Raiders T12, Chargers T15, Patriots T15, Chiefs 18, Titans T19, Ravens T19, Texans T19, Steelers 21, Colts 22, Jets 24, dolphins 27, Jaguars 28)
And the New week update: After week 4;
1. Bills 2
2. Browns 8
3 Ravens 10
T4 broncos 11
T4 chargers 11
6. Bengals 14
7. Raiders 15
8. Patriots 16
9. Chiefs 17
T10. Titans 19
T10. Colts 19
12. Steelers 20
T13. Jets 25
T13. Jaguars 25
15. Dolphins 27
16. Texans 28

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Tried to figure. If the playoffs were today.
3 weeks into the season, (page 2 of this thread)...
The NFL has 11 or 12 tie breakers for most situations.
Strong case others would be discarded until these.
The entire AFC would be determined by tie breakers 5-7.
2 teams are 3-0 for the #1 seed and bye, the Broncos' and Raiders. found in the same division. (tie breakers)
1. head to head, not enough data
2. division record, not equal data
3. record in common games, not enough data
4. conference record, not enough data, the NFL would simply have to toss those 4 in the trash.
#5 matters, and #7, but the 6th tie breaker, strength of schedule, would also be thrown out for all afc teams did not finish their schedules. (And it wouldn't change results anyways.)

Back to #5. Strength of victory. the combined wins vs losses of the teams a club in question beat.
the 3-0 Broncos sov is 0-9, way worse than the 3-0 Raiders sov of 4-5, too much to overlook the Raiders would get the #1 seed and the first round bye.
the only other 3-0, the Broncos would get the first Wild card spot and #4 seed.

Which then brings the AFC, to playoff tie break procedure #7. Best combined rank among AFC teams in points scored, and points allowed.
That's if the playoffs were After week 3.
1. Raiders with the bye
2. Buffalo
3. Browns
4. Titans
5. Denver
6. Bengals
7. Chargers (Chargers at Bills) (Bengals at Browns) (Broncos at Titans) Raiders get the bye.

After week 4 played, the #5 tie Break Strength of Victory comes into play a lot to sort out the 3-1 teams. I'll put sov4 for example to represent a clubs teams they've beaten combined for 4 wins themselves = their, strength of victory. high number better. Sos, is the w-l of all teams you played, win't or lost, that's tie break 6. which comes into play at the end btween the Broncos and Bengals. .. Best I can figure if the Playoffs were this week.
1. seed, Bye, Chargers, sov.7 earliest tie break.
2. seed Ravens, sov.5 5 wins by clubs they've beat brings them from missing the playoffs last week, all the way to #2 seed and the AFC North div. this week.
3. seed, Bills, 3-1 next div winner at 3-1
4. seed. Titans, div winner at 2-2
then the wild cards..
5. seed. Raiders, sov.5 the teams they've beat have won 5
6. Browns, Sov: Strenght of victory, 4, the teams they've beaten have won 4
7. seed. comes down to two remaining 3-1 teams, the Broncos and Bengals at tie break #5 both have a sov.2

But tie break #6, strength of schedule, the Bengals whole schedule opponents record combines for a record of 4-12, while the Broncos whole schedule of opponents record combied for a record of 5-11. Advantage Broncos.
Broncos #7 seed
Cincinnat no playoffs, (Broncos also have the #7 tie break combined ranking in points for and points against vs. the afc. over the bengals.
(Broncos at Ravens), (Browns at Bills), (Raiders at Titans), and LA Chargers get the bye. if this week.
What a difference a week makes.
Edit: The only point is to build a power ranking list.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 10/05/21 03:17 AM. Reason: and too not to
Legend
Legend
R

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Interesting video on Scott Peters teaching technique for OL.

He has been a big help to Callahan.

Legend
Legend
Surprised about Lee,, he seemed to play well on Sunday

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
I would assume Lee is back on the practice squad in short order.

T
Legend
Legend
T
What a boneheaded move by the Browns to mess with the defense from the last week.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Elijah Lee played 14 snaps on defense last week.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Headline should be.
Browns let Elijah Lee get away

DAvion Davis is signed by the Texans.

The Browns sign some lousy OL from the Texans PS. Like they need another OL< they Aren't using the ones they have!! putting out a Left freaking Tackle on a bad leg that will escalate to an injury they can't ignore.

This system doesn't get real players. This system does't 'keep' real players. boo

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Yeah, same here. I'd rather see Lee play and Wilson get lopped.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Yeah, same here. I'd rather see Lee play and Wilson get lopped.
Wilson has graded out better than Lee, for whatever that's worth. Seems like Wilson has played better by not playing as much, and with Anthony Walker coming back possibly this weekend...Mack Wilson still probably won't be playing a lot.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Time will tell if he is a good football player, but he looks like he could hold his own in a tussle.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

I agree....he flashed in pre-season and has been playing like a starter when on the field.

Just a numbers deal I suppose. I hope Fields is worth the roster spot because Lee has earned a spot.

Hope we get him back to the PS.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Headline should be.

The Browns sign some lousy OL from the Texans PS. Like they need another OL< they Aren't using the ones they have!! putting out a Left freaking Tackle on a bad leg that will escalate to an injury they can't ignore.

This system doesn't get real players. This system does't 'keep' real players. boo

I swear Throw your parents must have dropped you a lot..................

Gee dude you don't really believe you have a better handle on the Browns then the people we have in charge, really?

I know better, just wave at the sky and go on by...............sheeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
O
Legend
Legend
O

We've had some crispy hot-takes on here lately, but this one absolutely takes the cake.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
And it's not the good kind of cake either like you get from a bakery. It's more of the out of a box mix from the grocery store kind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
like someone made a chocolate and turnip cake from rye bread mix

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I would assume Lee is back on the practice squad in short order.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
like someone made a chocolate and turnip cake from rye bread mix

Thanks. I needed a good vomit. sick

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And it's not the good kind of cake either like you get from a bakery. It's more of the out of a box mix from the grocery store kind.

But then you find out the mix was actually from Petsmart and not the grocery store.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
[quote=] like someone made a chocolate and turnip cake from rye bread mix

Quote:
Thanks. I needed a good vomit. sick

Good. Because that cake needed frosting… not anymore…

Last edited by PortlandDawg; 10/06/21 02:31 PM.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Headline should be.

Just how many times did your parents spike you on your head on a cement floor?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard