DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 02:01 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 02:11 PM
Landry seems to be out then … Davis/OBJ inserted
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 02:19 PM
Yup, I expect that Landry will be on IR before the end of the day.
It may only be for three weeks, but I'm betting he out for a bit.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Landry seems to be out then … Davis/OBJ inserted

And that Schwartz move might decrease his snap count as well.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 03:52 PM
j/c...

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 04:37 PM
Jarvis Landry “week to week” with MCL sprain

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/09/20/jarvis-landry-week-to-week-with-mcl-sprain/

Receiver Jarvis Landry is in a knee brace and likely out of the lineup.

Coach Kevin Stefanski announced Monday that Landry suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament on the second play Sunday in the 31-21 win over the Texans. Stefanski called Landry “week to week.”

“Every Time I put this brace on somebody gon have to pay for it in the near future,” Landry tweeted. “#Offline”

Stefanski said “we’ll see” when asked if Landry would be placed on injured reserve, which requires a minimum three-game stay. He also wouldn’t rule out Landry for Sunday’s game against the Bears at FirstEnergy Stadium, but playing seems like a long shot.

Landry was injured on a 9-yard catch-and-run and limped off the field. He didn’t return and his 111-game streak with at least two catches was snapped. It ranks fourth in NFL history.

Landry, 28, has never missed a game in his eight-year career due to injury. His only missed game came last year due to COVID-19 protocols.

Landry is a five-time Pro Bowler with 642 career catches for 7,108 yards and 35 touchdowns. He entered the season feeling great after he wasn’t himself last year coming off hip surgery in the 2020 offseason.

The Browns could be without both their starting receivers to face Chicago. Odell Beckham Jr. missed the first two games as he continues to come back from surgery Nov. 10 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Stefanski said Beckham’s return is independent of anyone else’s status.

Stefanski said no decision on Beckham’s availability for Sunday had been made. He expected to announce the plan Wednesday.

Donovan Peoples-Jones, Rashard Higgins and Anthony Schwartz are next in line at wideout.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 04:46 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 05:50 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Welp.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 06:32 PM
Davis doesn’t have a spot on the team with OBJ coming back this week. . .
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Davis doesn’t have a spot on the team with OBJ coming back this week. . .

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 06:45 PM
The Cleveland Browns announced they have signed TE Miller Forristall and G Tristen Hoge to their practice squad. The make room on the roster, the team released T Jordan Steckler from the practice squad and waived WR Davion Davis, who was on reserve/suspended.

Forristall (6-5, 245) is an undrafted rookie who spent the first week of the season on the Titans' practice squad. The Alabama product appeared in 54 games with the Crimson Tide from 2016-20. He posted 44 catches for 505 yards and five touchdowns. Forristall hails from Cartersville, Ga.

Hoge is a 6-5, 306-pound undrafted rookie who originally signed with the New York Jets out of Brigham Young. He began his collegiate career at Notre Dame, making appearances in six games before transferring to Brigham Young in 2017. He played in 26 games with the Cougars and is a native of Pocatello, Idaho.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...-practice-squad
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Yup, I expect that Landry will be on IR before the end of the day.
It may only be for three weeks, but I'm betting he out for a bit.

Not so sure about that.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 08:52 PM
Get this, not only did the Broncos beating the Jags, and or Oakland also reaching 2-0 propel the Browns from 3rd to 1st slot in a 3 way tie of KC, Balt. and Browns, pretending the other 2 divisions don't exist, but.
including all 4 divisions, if!

If the steelers and bengals tie. And the Browns beat Chicago, and Detroit beats Baltimore,
and there are only 2 undefeateds in the afc, if they both lose, and the Chiefs lose,
and no other ties occur,
Then for 1 week the Browns would have locked up the #1 overall seed, in the AFC, home field and bye week.
if all that happened and the season ended after next week.

In reality the Browns are in a tail spin starting with the defense, (Creating Turnovers), and won't even make the playoffs, so I better figure this stuff now.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/20/21 10:41 PM
I am exceptionally happy to be wrong cool
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 05:06 PM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 06:07 PM
So minimum 3 weeks on Landry?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 06:08 PM
I am exceptionally happy to be wrong cool

Guess you weren't wrong after all. Sucks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 06:12 PM
So at minimum he’ll miss Bears, Vikings, Chargers

But remember: we play the Cardinals and then the Broncos on short rest.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
So minimum 3 weeks on Landry?

Yeah I think the soonest we'll Jarvis back is on October 17th (against the Cardinals)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 07:16 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 08:15 PM

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 08:51 PM
Weird.

Just goes to show that the preseason star isn't all it's cracked up to be. Well, that and getting caught for drugs.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Weird.

Just goes to show that the preseason star isn't all it's cracked up to be. Well, that and getting caught for drugs.

It was a DUI, not drugs.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 09:16 PM

Brad doesn't have a blue check mark but he is right about a lot. Up to you guys if you believe it.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 10:25 PM
It doesn't matter if we believe, it isn't a thing until Stefanski announces it is.

Even with OBJ, we're looking a little thin at WR these days, all of a sudden.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 11:03 PM
It doesn't matter if we believe, it isn't a thing until Stefanski announces it is.

How are we thin? We have DPJ, Higgins, Odell, and Felton who was told to learn Jarvis' position, plus Schwartz.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 11:23 PM

For 20 seasons the Cleveland Browns were the worst franchise in the NFL. Botched drafts, terrible performances, inept management—a lot of planets have to align for a team to be that bad for that long. What exactly were the machinations in this factory of sadness? Host Andre Knott (@DreKnott) takes you inside the unbelievable, and often hilarious, story of how the Browns stayed bad while a city and fanbase loved them anyways.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/brownstown/id1573027141
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 11:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

How are we thin? We have DPJ, Higgins, Odell, and Felton who was told to learn Jarvis' position, plus Schwartz.

I agree. I think Felton has all along been viewed as the replacement for Jarvis after this season.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/21/21 11:44 PM
Baker's MRI results...

https://247sports.com/Article/Cleveland-...xcXIO0_3mNmif-E

Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield underwent an MRI Monday on his injured left shoulder that showed no structural damage, according to cleveland.com. Mayfield briefly left the field and went to the locker room in the second quarter during Sunday’s 31-21 victory over the Texans before quickly returning.

Mayfield injured his shoulder while trying to make a tackle on the Texans’ Justin Reid after throwing his only interception of the game. The 26-year-old signal caller later admitted that his shoulder popped out and that is why he briefly went to the locker room.

“He’s sore,’’ Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said. “He’s doing fine.’’

Mayfield finished the game having completed 19 of 21 passes for 213 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He also rushed for a touchdown in the win, which improved the Browns’ record to 1-1 on the season.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 12:06 AM
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 12:57 AM
Not from the team site but a fairly credible report. Davis to the Browns practice squad.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/...practice-squad/

WR Davion Davis clears waivers, signs with Browns practice squad

Jared Mueller follow
September 21, 2021 6:30 pm ET

The Cleveland Browns will continue to move pieces around near the bottom of their roster. Sometimes need will lead to a player being added to either the 53-man roster or the practice squad while other times Andrew Berry and company will just be looking to add someone with talent no matter the position.

On Monday, the Browns waived wide receiver Davion Davis instead of activating him from the suspension list. Davis missed the first two weeks of the season with suspension but had given fans some excitement in the preseason. Targetted 18 times, Davis caught 12 passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns.

Perhaps his most exciting catch was this touchdown jump ball against the Jacksonville Jaguars:

Fans wondered if Davis would be kept as the team’s sixth receiver when reinstated and once Jarvis Landry went down with injury assumed he would be added to the 53-man roster.

Instead, as we reported earlier Tuesday, Landry was placed on injured reserve but Ifeadi Odenigbo was signed to the active roster.

Later Tuesday afternoon came a report that Davis had cleared waivers and was signing to the Cleveland practice squad:

The Browns could allow Davis to get ready to play for a week or so before promoting him to the active roster. Currently, the team only has four healthy receivers including Odell Beckham Jr. returning from injury. Davis could also be called up to play off of the practice squad if Cleveland deems him ready to go.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 01:09 AM
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

And I recall even last year, we at times...were splitting Hunt out wide as well.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 04:51 AM
NFL network. London Tottenham stadium to hold an international combine Ocetober 12th.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 11:22 AM
Quote:
"I buried him with one hand."

Baker really enjoys the game and is not afraid to
show it.

That said, Baker would be wise to avoid the heavy duty contact and realize that #1 should be keeping himself healthy and on the field.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 03:33 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 04:12 PM
That is an unfortunate name.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 04:14 PM
#incel
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 04:15 PM
We might have another Jarvis!

That's his real 1st name. Dee is a nickname.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:
"I buried him with one hand."

Baker really enjoys the game and is not afraid to
show it.

That said, Baker would be wise to avoid the heavy duty contact and realize that #1 should be keeping himself healthy and on the field.

I agree. Unless it is a SuperBowl or playoff game, just let the guy run and let someone else make the play. If it goes back for a TD, so be it.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/22/21 08:36 PM

LOL...I was thinking the same.

I can hear it now..."There goes Dee Virgin!"
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

...running from the long snapper.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 12:08 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

...running from the long snapper.
avoiding the tight end
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 02:29 AM

Almost guaranteed to never return an INT for TD; the next time he scores will be his first.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 03:41 AM
I can't wait to hear, "And it loos like Virgin is going all the way ........"

wink
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 03:57 AM
And going after the Wide Receiver.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 06:10 AM
I think it would just be "DEE!"
or perhaps call him by his middle name.
Javaris Drequis "Dee" Virgin is an American football cornerback...
How about just "DEE".
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/23/21 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I think it would just be "DEE!"
or perhaps call him by his middle name.
Javaris Drequis "Dee" Virgin is an American football cornerback...
How about just "DEE".

I'm just going to say it... I think you've shown more restraint in this four-line post than you have in a hundred posts discussing actual football. So you are capable of it. I think you enjoy being absurd just to get a reaction.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:01 AM
Notes: Myles Garrett frustrated by chips from Texans … and teammates not taking advantage of the resulting 1-on-1s

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/09/24/no...ulting-1-on-1s/

BEREA — Myles Garrett couldn’t dip because the Texans had too many chips.

The All-Pro defensive end drew a holding penalty last week but was held without a sack or quarterback hit in the 31-21 win. He pointed to Houston’s protection plan.

“You all saw it. I don’t think I’ve ever been chipped so much in my life,” Garrett said Friday. “They pay me too much money and that left tackle of theirs, (Laremy) Tunsil, too much money to mess up the show we were supposed to have one-on-one. But I’ve got to expect this and we’ve got to adjust to it.”

Garrett signed a five-year, $125 million extension in July 2020. Tunsil signed a three-year, $66 million extension in April 2020.

Garrett grew frustrated with the extra attention paid to him and his teammates’ inability to capitalize. The only sack came of a blitz by safety Grant Delpit, and end Jadeveon Clowney had the other two quarterback hits.

“It’s tough watching my teammates not be able to make a play,” Garrett said. “Because when I see an offense keying on me with chips and stuff like that, it’s like, well, they’re taking a player out of the play to stop me, so we have one-on-one. And to see that they’re not making a play, it’s kind of frustrating, because I want to see them go out there and make big plays. We’ve got to get there.

“I’m trying to take up two or three men, however many, to take out of the pass or the run, so we have to take advantage of that. And I know that they’re not always going to do that for me, they’re going to do that for other players as they start making big plays. For right now, we all have to make plays, we all have to earn that respect.”

He expects the same treatment Sunday from the Bears.

“Nothing’s changed from my point of view,” he said. “I’m still healthy, so I think they’ll give me the same kind of respect.”

Coach Kevin Stefanski said Garrett’s the type of player who can dominate any week but acknowledged it won’t be easy.

“He gets a ton of attention. He is getting chipped. He is getting double-teamed,” Stefanski said. “The production in terms of sacks, as we all know, they sometimes come in bunches, but we have really focused on playing solid defense, being true to our rush lanes and being sound in what we do as a defense.”

Garrett expects coordinator Joe Woods to adjust if he continues to be chipped so often.

“Games, stunts, blitzes, just trying to mix up the front so that they can’t just get a key on me on one side or the other,” he said. “Because no matter where I was, left or the right, they were having someone sitting, waiting for me.”

CELEBRITY VISIT

Olympic gold medalist and Olmsted Falls High School graduate Katie Nageotte attended practice and impressed the players with the pole vaulting gold she won this summer in Tokyo.

Defensive backs coach Jeff Howard invited her. She shared her story with the defensive backs and talked to coaches, players and support staff.

Stefanski asked her to address the team after practice and she broke down the huddle.

“Just my second biggest dream ever while wearing my first,” Nageotte tweeted.

TOUGH GUY

Left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. (ankle) practiced in a limited role after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday. He was listed as questionable on the injury report but is on track to play.

He didn’t practice at all last week but started vs. the Texans and played into the third quarter before the ankle got stiff and he was replaced by Blake Hance.

“He got through it pretty well today,” Stefanski said. “He is trending in the right direction. Ultimately it is a great message to your teammates when you are injured, you do not stay injured and you really fight to get back out there and compete with them.”

Wills tested the ankle before the game last week and was able to play.

“It was a good feeling,” he said. “I felt good enough to play, so why not?”

** Linebacker Sione Takitaki (hamstring) and backup offensive lineman Chris Hubbard (triceps) were ruled out. Center JC Tretter (knee) was listed as questionable but is expected to play.

** The Bears ruled out quarterback Andy Dalton (knee) and listed safety Tashaun Gipson Sr. (hamstring) as doubtful.

EXTRA POINTS

Stefanski challenged the fans to be even better Sunday and to bother Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields, who starred at Ohio State.

“They have a rookie quarterback starting and making his first start, who a lot of our fans are probably used to cheering for. In this case, we have to make life really hard on their offense,” Stefanski said. “Expect everybody in their seats at kickoff and then really expecting everybody to be loud throughout — do not wait until third down.”

** Stefanski said he was excited to meet former players during Alumni Weekend.

** Chicago’s coaching staff has several Browns connections. Former Browns coach Mike Pettine is senior defensive assistant, former quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo is pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach, former safety Mike Adams is assistant defensive backs coach and former receiver Mike Furrey is receivers coach.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:09 AM
I'm not saying he was wrong, but I wish Myles would have confined those thoughts to the clubhouse. His teammates might not be thrilled to be called out publicly. I know I wouldn't like it.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:20 AM
Agreed
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:27 AM
Reminded me of the Bud Light commercial ... Leon can't do it all.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Reminded me of the Bud Light commercial ... Leon can't do it all.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:56 AM
I'm not saying he was wrong, but I wish Myles would have confined those thoughts to the clubhouse. His teammates might not be thrilled to be called out publicly. I know I wouldn't like it.

If you watch the video you can clearly tell he was joking.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 12:57 AM
Thx for that reminder, those commercials were great!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 01:34 AM
Garrett is 100% on point and in the right because he's a team leader on the D... the leader on the line... and our highest value D player. Baker does it to the Offense all the time. He's not calling anyone out, just telling them to step up.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 02:04 AM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 02:09 AM

Sorry. I thought this was about something else.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 03:33 AM

Seemed that way to me, as well.

Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 04:39 AM
Garrett is a great player and a better person. He did not mean spite
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 10:23 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
i love our OL
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/25/21 11:22 AM
GC. The Browns media:
You can't go 5 minutes into a show about the Browns without hearing that this defense hasn't played together.
It's the Browns own fault they keep changing everything, this time the defense.

Did you know the Browns defense has new parts that haven't played together?

They can't go 5 minutes into a new day of discussion. It is like an opening statement in a court case.
The Browns aren't playing well, but they have a bunch of new pieces on defense,
"have you heard they have some new pieces on defense, that haven't played together."
"haven't played together? on defense?"
" No, new pieces."
" New pieces? "
"Yes new pieces, and they haven't played together, so. "
"Well, I guess we can't expect much then."
"No, I mean, why, why would ya expect good play, I mean, they are 'New pieces, and, they haven't played together yet so,
" no, no , of course, it's Ok, "
Is it ok? if they give up 29 points a a game?
" The defense is going to be better but, they have a bunch of new pieces that haven't played together yet."
"Oh definetly better."
"better? "
"yes better, the defense is definetly better, but we have to be patient".
"patient?"
Yes of course, I mean, there are a bunch of new pieces that haven't played together yet."
"new pieces?"
"New pieces, but their better pieces."
"better?"
"Ya better, but they haven't played, together yet."
"together? "
"Ya, together", but it's going to take some time.
"some time? "
yes,
"how much time?"
"Enough time for them to get some new pieces in for the pieces they want to change of the pieces that aren't ready yet because.
" because the ones already here haven't played together yet."
Ya but it's the defense.
The defense?
The defense, it has some new parts,
better parts?
Of Course Better parts, but,
But?
But they haven't played
Toghether?
Together! Yet! so.
So?
So we can't expect them to play well, or we can't expect the defense to be really good.
"We can't ?"
No!
why not?
Because, The Browns Defense! has some New pieces! and they haven't played! together! yet! so! if the defense! is not good!
"not good?'
"ya NOT good!" But, it's OKay!
it's ok?
Because!
" because the defense,"
Yes the defense,
has some pieces that are new and they haven't played together yet.
" Well, that's good to know, is the NFL going to change the rules for winners and losers because the Browns defense, has some new pieces that haven't played together yet? "
NO!
no?
No of course not, same rules.
"same rules"
yes!
" But the defense?"
"But the defense has some New Pieces, that have not played together yet"
"So the defense is going to suck?"
"YES!"
"Wait, what!? why?"
"I've told you 10 times, look you just aren't getting it! listen, the defense is supposed to be bad!
Bad?
Yes Bad! but! it's better?
"Better that it's bad? "
Better, Yes! Better, because they are better!
"Better?! "
Better!
But they don't look better? They look"
"No! No! Why don't you just buy the company line!!!, The Defense can look HOWEVER! BUT! It is Better!
because,!
"Because?"
Because! We told you! How many times do we have to tell you! your stubborn skull,
The Browns defense! has some new pieces!
"on defense? "
" Yes on defense, that ! have not played"
"together?"
"Together! yet!" So!
So?
So! Don't! Expect! the defense! to be good! just admit! they are Better! Because!
"because"
Yes Because, Because we told you so!
"whatever." Browns! Brownsss!!! flamingmad
Posted By: bugs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/26/21 01:02 AM
I'm not directing this at any individual.

Seriously, who gives a rat bird's @ss whether Garret said this or that. No one cared about stomping on us when we went 1-32. By golly, we are the Cleveland Browns! Bless them SOBs! It's time we show our COLORS! Playoffs run through CLEVELAND BABY! We took this s__t for too long. It's time to return the favor! GO BROWNS!!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/26/21 06:40 AM
When did the Brown go 1-32? Never happened. frown 1-31-1.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/26/21 07:19 AM
Browns elevated TE Jordan Franks to the active roster ahead of the Bears game.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/26/21 08:32 AM

1-31.... and then lose the following Opener, as we always do.
That's 1-32.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/27/21 02:56 AM
Only people without a sense of humor, or maturity, would make the obvious jokes on a mans name like such, ehh.. on most days anyway.
People with a real sense of humor, look at it and say... C'mon. I mean.
For instance! You wouldn't see Tiger Woods doing an elbow pump and biting his lip for a heck ya!
after he made a 6 inch put for par after missing a makeable put for birdie? saywhat

I once saw a guy call his shot on a < 3 foot waste basket paper toss, and then miss, When he was standing over the waste basket, Now that was funny. Even funnier that he didn't realize and did it more than once, on different days. (Sense of humor.)
I don't know how the shows, "Full House" or "Mr.Ed." ever made it past the pilot episodes' they weren't funny either.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/27/21 03:03 AM

That's 1-32.

Browns tied the freaking steelers Tyrod Taylor was the QB
Hue Jackson was the coach, I'm handsslapping my forehead here.
this is all from memory, am I wrong, because I think I'm not wrong.
Browns tied the opener. Remember when they just talked about how the team hadn't won it's opener since
Jeff Garcia, they just referenced this tie of the Steelers, 2018? a couple weeks ago.

I know I've heard the 1-31-1 stat several times.
Hues's final record didn't included 1-32, it became
like 3 33 and 1 or something...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/27/21 03:17 AM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201809090cle.htm

September 9th 2018. Browns and steelers tied 21-21.
Tyrod Taylor started,
Mason Rudolph started iirc.

Now, to end the 2015 season I'm sure they lost a ton of games in a row, I don't know the most recent win in the 2015 season.

Beginning in the two HISTORICALLY AWFUL RECORDS seasons, 2016, and 2017 coached by Hue, the Brown went
1-15 , winning on near Christmas day, over the Chargers on the blocked punt or field goal(s) that is 1-15
they followed up the next year
the 2017 season with an 0-16 record, both consecutively the worst records in franchise history, the previous worst had been 2-14 for the first time in the 1999 expansion year, and before then 3-13 in a few years including 1990/1991 ish?

But beginning the 2018 year, with the stupid ad campaign of the bud light beer coolers, the Browns opening game, Hosting the steelers, they tied,
So that the Browns coaching record of Hue Jackson became to that point 1-31-1. Which is greater than 1-32, as bad as it was, I don't want to see it misrepresented.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/27/21 12:03 PM

That's 1-32.

Browns tied the freaking steelers Tyrod Taylor was the QB
Hue Jackson was the coach, I'm handsslapping my forehead here.
this is all from memory, am I wrong, because I think I'm not wrong.
Browns tied the opener. Remember when they just talked about how the team hadn't won it's opener since
Jeff Garcia, they just referenced this tie of the Steelers, 2018? a couple weeks ago.

I know I've heard the 1-31-1 stat several times.
Hues's final record didn't included 1-32, it became
like 3 33 and 1 or something...

Well actually if you really want to get into it - and go from the end of the 2015 season where we lost the final 3 games. Thru the next two seasons at 1-31 ... and then the tie vs Pit and the loss to the Saints in the fist two games 2018 .... That would add up to a record of 1-35-1.

Sounds so much better than 1-32 ... thanks for getting granular.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/28/21 03:53 PM
j/c...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/28/21 03:57 PM
We might be looking at a week or two without Newsome.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/28/21 05:14 PM
i think so too
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/28/21 05:58 PM
Greedy will have to step up.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/28/21 06:21 PM
Greedy will have to step up.

Scary to see Greedy...having to face either Adam Thielen or Justin Jefferson...like you said, Greedy is going to have to really step it up.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/28/21 08:43 PM
The Vikings are the real deal, will likely be a playoff team for sure. Cannot take them lightly.

I won't say the Vikings are going to roll, because the Browns are pretty arn good. But I'm also High on the Vikings whole year. It's going to be a tough one.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 10:43 AM
J/C

Seemed like the best place to put this. Grant Delpit versus a Kareem Hunt Mini-me brownie

Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 11:42 AM

I am a huge fan of Baldy's breakdowns.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/28/watch-jadeveon-clowneys-effort-play-gets-praise/

Here he highlights the play of Clowney who had a great day.

Until he got here Clowney was a reputation to me. A well known name but I didn't see him play much. Nor did I know his character.

Since becoming a Brown. I have become a fan.

He has a great attitude. Loves to play football. Good teammate. And the dude plays hard. He really gets after it.

He was a terror against the Bears.

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 12:43 PM
Tried to figure. If the playoffs were today.
3 weeks into the season, >17.percent of the schedule has been played. If there were a selection committee, if the NFL had to play the playoffs, right now! What might happen.
This is only concerning the AFC, because until the Browns get to the Super Bowl, the NFC doesn't matter.
The NFL has 11 or 12 tie breakers for most situations.

Now, Bengal fan, who I've said, (sure you're in first place, 1 div. game). ya technicually blah blah, because afc this or division that, but if the playoffs were today, only 3 games got played, and the schedules were not equal.
There is the strongest case to be made, that conference record, and division record would have to be thrown in the trash in order to be equitable and fair.

The entire AFC would be determined by tie breakers 5-7.
2 teams are 3-0 for the #1 seed and bye, the Broncos' and Raiders. found in the same division. (tie breakers)
1. head to head, not enough data
2. division record, not equal data
3. record in common games, not enough data
4. conference record, not enough data, the NFL would simply have to toss those 4 in the trash.
#5 matters, and #7, but the 6th tie breaker, strength of schedule, would also be thrown out for all afc teams did not finish their schedules. (And it wouldn't change results anyways.)

Back to #5. Strength of victory. the combined wins vs losses of the teams a club in question beat.
the 3-0 Broncos sov is 0-9, way worse than the 3-0 Raiders sov of 4-5, to much to overlook the Raiders would get the #1 seed and the first round bye.
the only other 3-0, the Broncos would get the first Wild card spot and #4 seed.

Which then brings the AFC, to playoff tie break procedure #7. Best combined rank among AFC teams in points scored, and points allowed.
Low number wins because you're hoping to be first place and first place, not 16th place and 16 place, a clubs score is the total of both numbered placings.
Sorting out all of the AFC teams, to seed the 2-1 teams, if the playoffs were today.

1st Buffalo, first in points scored, 94, 2nd in points given up, 44 which = a 1st place 1, plus a 2nd place 2, for a combined low score of 3, the best in the AFC.

Which means the Bills would get the #2 seed of division winners with a 2 and 1 record and host a First round game.
The full AFC.
Buffalo 2+1= 3, 1st
Denver 6+1= 7, 2nd but with a 3-0 record it wouldn't matter.
Browns 4th in scoring with 86, tied for 5th with 60 points given up
Browns 4+5= 9 3rd in the AFC would win the division and host a playoff game as the 3 seed.

Cincinnati, 8+4= 12 tied for 4th in the AFC would get the 6th wild card seed and open at the Browns.
Raiders, 3rd in scoring, 9th in defending tied with 12th combined ranking, are 3-0 and already in so it doesn't matter.
The Chargers, 10th in points scored, and tied for 5th in points given up, and with a 2-1 win loss record.
10+5= 15 equals the
(1-2 record so doesn't matter patriots, who are 12+3= 15) for next best,
So the Chargers would lock up the 7th seed, 3rd wild card spot.
Only One other Playoff spot remains, the Titans who win their division being the only 2-1 member of it, and get the 4th playoff spot.
Eliminating from the playoffs
New England, 12+3= 15th. 1-2 record
Chiefs, 2nd + 16th= 18th. 1-2
Tennessee 7th + 12th= 19th; (3 way tie) but they win their div.
Ravens 5th + 14th = 19th tied, (2-1 no playoffs)
Texans 9th + 10th = 19th tied 1-2 no playoffs
Steelers 14th + 7th= 21st (1-2 no playoffs)
Colts 11th + 11th = 22nd. 0-3
Jets 16th + 8th = 24th. 0-3
Dolphins 15th + 12th= 27th 1-2 no playoffs.
Jaguars 13th + 15th= 28th 0-3 no playoffs.
(The 8th tie breaker is this formula for placing among the entire NFL but first they consider in your conference.)

That's if the playoffs were today. Browns 3rd in the AFC, not 3rd in the AFC north by the numbers.
1. Raiders with the bye
2. Buffalo
3. Browns
4. Titans
5. Denver
6. Bengals
7. Chargers (Chargers at Bills) (Bengals at Browns) (Broncos at Titans) Raiders get the bye.

Now!
In actuality, they need to show up and beat the teams that these numbers show they are better than, like the Division and AFC foes, because the Ravens and Chiefs might not lose.

And hosting the Bengals in Round 1 who would have thought? Now the Bills and Titans, they're always in the mix.
Hopefully the Browns beat a 6-0 Broncos team to drop them to 6-1 and lift the Browns to 6-1, in 4 more weeks. On Thursday Night no less.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 01:20 PM
j/c...
Posted By: slick Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 02:22 PM
j/c...

This could perhaps mean Newsome may miss some time with that calf injury
Posted By: slick Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 02:25 PM
Is there going to be a extra playoff spot for each conference this season again? Or was that a pne time thing?
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Is there going to be a extra playoff spot for each conference this season again? Or was that a pne time thing?

Yes. That's the plan going forward -- seven teams from each conference.
Posted By: slick Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: slick

Yes. That's the plan going forward -- seven teams from each conference.

Excellent
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 04:37 PM
j/c...

Wow, that's a surprise. rofl
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 05:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
i think so too

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 06:38 PM
I'm betting he was a definite to miss this week and is a Maybe/Probably Miss for next week, but likely to be back the week after.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 08:38 PM
j/c...
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 08:42 PM
Damn, that is good to see, our guys supporting each other!...

Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 08:58 PM
That is AWESOME! Sometimes I have wondered about egos possibly messing that up. It appears not.

And Chubb's comment "They're on my ass. It's up to you today" shows ............well, knowledge, respect, and so much more.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/29/21 10:46 PM
They were on him, but he still had 84 yards. The man is a beast
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 12:25 AM
Examples of the team culture the Browns are cultivating.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 12:51 AM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 01:07 AM
I post this because we are above Baltimore:

Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 02:19 AM
I post this because we are above Baltimore:

The Chiefs are 1-2 and should be 0-3. This guy must think Josh Gordon is the answer. I think he drank Josh's bong water.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 04:02 AM
The Chiefs signed Josh Gordon,
The Buccaneers signed Richard Sherman, the old safety from the seahawks.
Quote:
The Chiefs are 1-2 and should be 0-3. This guy must think Josh Gordon is the answer. I think he drank Josh's bong water.

Yuk rofl rofl rofl

BTW they signed him to their practice squad............
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 11:07 AM

Just because I just turned 74 doesn't mean a thing.

I am coming for you Myles. You are in for a beat down.======
==================================================

Can not imagine trying to block Myles.

Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Just because I just turned 74 doesn't mean a thing.

I am coming for you Myles. You are in for a beat down.

Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 01:31 PM
wow , someone older than me , lol .. Only by a year though..
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 04:31 PM

What a long strange trip it's been.

How do the hands of time so easily unwind?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 04:40 PM

What a long strange trip it's been.

How do the hands of time so easily unwind?

Father Time is unrelenting. I am right there with you guys.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 05:33 PM
I wonder what Mother Time would have dealt ? lol
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 05:43 PM
Sometimes it's not the years it's the mileage.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 07:20 PM
j/c...

Good read.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/br...-personal-leave
Not a good read a great one.

At the end of the day we are all just human and we all have ups and downs.

I know when I said I had cancer I couldn't believe the outpouring I received from the people here on this stupid board it's humbling. So I truly understand.

All the people who I grew up with family, the phone calls the expressions of love it humbles you and I will always say this the measure of a life well lived is to have loved and to be loved. It truly is the secret to a life well lived.

I understand what it meant to him and what ultimately it means for the organization and how truly special it all is and has become, damned proud of my Browns and yes the people that support them cause they got it just right on this one.....

Welcome home Takk......
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 07:59 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 08:14 PM

Quote:
"When I first walked back into the D-line room, the whole D-line started clapping for me. That was a cool moment because it shows it’s a brotherhood," McKinley said. "I was gone for a while dealing with stuff, and as soon as I walked in everybody started clapping. They were excited to have me back, so that made me feel real good."

McKinley held back tears as he watched his teammates rally around him, lifting him up and letting him know they had his back no matter what.

I was vocal and said at the time that I doubt he ever plays a snap for us. I thought he had flaked out or something and checked out.
I need to learn to hold my tongue and have patience. If the team knows and is Ok, then I need to just accept that they know more than me and I have no opinion until I have more facts.

Reading this, and reading the reactions the other guys had in the middle of camp, and his emotional reaction to them.... this team IS a brotherhood. They have the camaraderie that binds guys for the rest of their lives.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 08:33 PM

It is easy to be cynical about things. The world can be a cold callous place.

Nice to read how the Browns handled this case.

Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 10:03 PM

Quote:
"When I first walked back into the D-line room, the whole D-line started clapping for me. That was a cool moment because it shows it’s a brotherhood," McKinley said. "I was gone for a while dealing with stuff, and as soon as I walked in everybody started clapping. They were excited to have me back, so that made me feel real good."

McKinley held back tears as he watched his teammates rally around him, lifting him up and letting him know they had his back no matter what.

I was vocal and said at the time that I doubt he ever plays a snap for us. I thought he had flaked out or something and checked out.
I need to learn to hold my tongue and have patience. If the team knows and is Ok, then I need to just accept that they know more than me and I have no opinion until I have more facts.

Reading this, and reading the reactions the other guys had in the middle of camp, and his emotional reaction to them.... this team IS a brotherhood. They have the camaraderie that binds guys for the rest of their lives.

it seems pretty apparent between Chubb and Hunt that this team is just built different.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 09/30/21 11:20 PM
This team is building what most championship teams all claim they had. The time has come for the Browns to become a crown jewel in the NFL. Haslam tried and failed many times, but he got it right this time. I got a feeling a lot of the players on this team will want to stay when their contracts are up. This is the beginning of a great legacy
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 12:36 AM
He has always been a very emotional player. I recall the night he was drafted, he took a picture of his recently passed grandmother (who raised him) up to the podium and was very emotional.

I hope he overcomes his challenges. He has had a rough life.

Tak McKinley
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 01:56 AM
During the darkest of our years, my unending mantra was "change the culture. Until Berea is healthy, expect bad ball."

I also said that change would be painful.
1-31.

Look what we have now.

As a long-suffering fan who has lived in an abusive relationship with this particular messed-up partner, I couldn't be happier.

Stories like this are evidence
Chubb & Hunt on the sidelines is evidence
Baker & the team is evidence
Coach Ski and the FO is evidence:

This thing is real.
Pinch yourselves.
These guys have shown they will run thru walls for each other this is just the beginning.............

I say the pieces are in place for a dynasty, not only have they drawn in each other I got a feeling this story drew in a whole bunch of us too.

Makes me damned proud............
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 02:34 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 02:46 AM

D. All of the above.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 04:31 AM
Nice!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 10:12 AM
Originally Posted By: FrankZ
Sometimes it's not the years it's the mileage.

No doubt a person can wear out the parts quicker than normal.
More importantly you can see it in how they go about their business.

It's about each other being the best they can be and helping each other to that end and building a team and organization where everyone knows success.

It has been as many of you may know my belief that this team is about to go on a run that when the smoke clears will be one of the great dynasties of NFL football.

The Browns are a new type of team, one other organizations will try to copy....

Yeah like Clem said pinch yourself because it is that good.

You can call me crazy if you like but I will support this team thru thick and thin, because I know they have greatness at their finger tips.

Enjoy the ride this is going to be fun................
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 12:07 PM

Last year the Browns were forged in fire.

Clearly the players support each other and believe in the team.

Berry and Stefanski are joined at the hip.

Have to give credit to the Haslams. They have come a long ways as owners.

We should be a good for a long time.

I sure hope we can win it all. I know how hard that is. And I know you need a little luck as well.

The days of torture are over.

I am going to enjoy the ride.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 12:14 PM
Is Odell Bechkam ever going to be a main reason the Browns won a game?

Will the Browns figure out the passing thing before I die?

Bottom line, Browns must win 6 of the next 6, 8-1, or they most likely miss the playoffs.
Can't figure out Lamar Jackson.
Can't figure out how to get in FG range in 3 plays or less.
Still in 3rd place. Swept 2 whole divisions last year, never got out of 3rd place until the final game.
The System is set up to hate Ohio.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 01:13 PM
I think "supporting this team through thick and thin" are why all of us long time fans are still here. Or we would have been long gone before now.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 02:09 PM
Here's an article from the Athletic regarding Oline rankings. I'll drop the link (I believe it's behind a paywall, though), and summarize as the article isn't really conducive to cut-and-paste. The portions in quotes are the chunks I lifted straight from the article.
https://theathletic.com/2855505/2021/10/...s-falling-down/

Browns have the #1 line at this point (3 games). They have the least total pressures, and are near the top in the other metrics.

"These results are one of the wilder anomalies of this study. The Browns are the best in keeping heat away from Baker Mayfield, and yet he’s one of the more sacked quarterbacks in the league. Here’s the more telling stat: Of the 190 players fitting the qualifications, Cleveland is the only team without an offensive lineman with five or more pressures allowed through three weeks.

Tackles Jack Conklin and Jedrick Wills have allowed four pressures each. Tackle Chris Hubbard skewed the numbers when filling in for Wills with a rough Week 1 outing (three pressures, one sack in 36 snaps). Guards Wyatt Teller (three pressure) and Joel Bitonio (one), along with center JC Tretter (one) round out a stout pass-protecting unit.

The Browns also rank 30th in pass snap percentage at 52.4 percent. But when they do pass the football, Mayfield typically isn’t pressured too often."

Vikings are #2 on the list. They seem to allow more pressures but take less sacks than we do.

"There’s no wonder why right tackle Brian O’Neill landed a monster contract at the beginning of the season. He’s one of nine qualified linemen without surrendering a pressure so far. It’s even more impressive given he’s taken the most offensive snaps of those nine with 208 snaps.

Tackle Rashod Hill leads the team with eight pressures (tied for 31st overall), giving up three pressures each in Week 2 at Arizona and Week 3 vs. Seattle. Guard Ezra Cleveland gave up three of his five pressures in Week 1 at Cincinnati. Center Garrett Bradbury also struggled against the Bengals, allowing a single-game team-high four pressures. Guard Oli Udoh has been the most stable with four pressures on Kirk Cousins."

Chargers' line is tied for 6th.
Steelers are 9th
Bengals are at 14th, but the author has his reservations about that, and points out they run the ball a lot.
Ravens are ranked 28th, and that's almost totally because of their tackles. The Villanueva experiment apparently hasn't been going well.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think "supporting this team through thick and thin" are why all of us long time fans are still here. Or we would have been long gone before now.

If you don't feel that more then ever knowing the kind of organization beyond the football field they have become IMO your are half dead.

I think that was my point.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 05:46 PM

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 06:02 PM

I sure hope we can win it all. I know how hard that is. And I know you need a little luck as well.

I think Dee might be the brains of that family operation.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 06:28 PM
What was the old tv commercial " Parts is Parts " ..lol
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 06:41 PM
I was assuming that was simply a clip of where he literally won the game off that busted end-around... forgetting he had gone off pretty much all game.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 07:35 PM

I think Dee might be the brains of that family operation.

I remember not long ago when there was a big call for the Haslams to sell the team. (too whom I don't know)

I always thought that was rather short sighted.. I wasn't happy with them, but I also decided that all they were doing was turning everything over and over until they found the right folks... It took them a while, but they finally did it I think..
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 07:43 PM
It seems like things stabilized more when Dee got more of a say as opposed to Jimmy. I think he also felt pretty damn embarrassed by - not only the whole Pilot scandal - but also that exposé that Sports Illustrated(?) put out there about how dysfunctional things were under him and his meddling.

DePodesta seems to also have been a more stabilizing influence as well. Paul has seen a whole lot of drama, but you never really hear his name associated with any of it. It was pretty apparent that Dorsey had an eye for talent, but also wanted to be top dog and got pretty territorial about it. His departure I believe was the last step toward cohesiveness.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/01/21 11:25 PM
Let's just say that it took a few tries for a blind squirrel to find the nut.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/02/21 12:50 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
It seems like things stabilized more when Dee got more of a say as opposed to Jimmy. I think he also felt pretty damn embarrassed by - not only the whole Pilot scandal - but also that exposé that Sports Illustrated(?) put out there about how dysfunctional things were under him and his meddling.

DePodesta seems to also have been a more stabilizing influence as well. Paul has seen a whole lot of drama, but you never really hear his name associated with any of it. It was pretty apparent that Dorsey had an eye for talent, but also wanted to be top dog and got pretty territorial about it. His departure I believe was the last step toward cohesiveness.

Dee's been involved since they bought the team so I doubt her being more prominent means much. That was done because of the crapstorm at Pilot Flying J.

Now it might be safe to say that the son in law being hired was the x factor.. I don't know.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/02/21 12:51 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Let's just say that it took a few tries for a blind squirrel to find the nut.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky right?
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/02/21 04:55 PM

Will the Browns figure out the passing thing before I die?

Bottom line, Browns must win 6 of the next 6, 8-1, or they most likely miss the playoffs.
Can't figure out Lamar Jackson.
Can't figure out how to get in FG range in 3 plays or less.
Still in 3rd place. Swept 2 whole divisions last year, never got out of 3rd place until the final game.
The System is set up to hate Ohio.

Wow, three games in and you got all kinda problems... Yikes
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/02/21 05:55 PM
She definitely ramped up her involvement after all that happened. You started seeing her more in the news toward the culmination of everything starting to go wrong in ‘16 and ‘17.

I don’t think very highly of JW3 just based on his level of involvement and how he acted when things were going south. I’ve always been under the impression with him that he’s basically a remora. He’s been dealing with uniforms and marketing and whatnot. Maybe I’m wrong, but I haven’t been a huge fan of his.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 05:33 AM
After Monday Night football, the NFL has finished 4 weeks, all teams, the 7th NFL tie breaker for the AFC. Combined ranking of a teams points score and points given up. Low score better. (Previous week: Bills 3, broncos 3,Browns 7, Bengals T12, Raiders T12, Chargers T15, Patriots T15, Chiefs 18, Titans T19, Ravens T19, Texans T19, Steelers 21, Colts 22, Jets 24, dolphins 27, Jaguars 28)
And the New week update: After week 4;
1. Bills 2
2. Browns 8
3 Ravens 10
T4 broncos 11
T4 chargers 11
6. Bengals 14
7. Raiders 15
8. Patriots 16
9. Chiefs 17
T10. Titans 19
T10. Colts 19
12. Steelers 20
T13. Jets 25
T13. Jaguars 25
15. Dolphins 27
16. Texans 28
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 06:55 AM
Tried to figure. If the playoffs were today.
3 weeks into the season, (page 2 of this thread)...
The NFL has 11 or 12 tie breakers for most situations.
Strong case others would be discarded until these.
The entire AFC would be determined by tie breakers 5-7.
2 teams are 3-0 for the #1 seed and bye, the Broncos' and Raiders. found in the same division. (tie breakers)
1. head to head, not enough data
2. division record, not equal data
3. record in common games, not enough data
4. conference record, not enough data, the NFL would simply have to toss those 4 in the trash.
#5 matters, and #7, but the 6th tie breaker, strength of schedule, would also be thrown out for all afc teams did not finish their schedules. (And it wouldn't change results anyways.)

Back to #5. Strength of victory. the combined wins vs losses of the teams a club in question beat.
the 3-0 Broncos sov is 0-9, way worse than the 3-0 Raiders sov of 4-5, too much to overlook the Raiders would get the #1 seed and the first round bye.
the only other 3-0, the Broncos would get the first Wild card spot and #4 seed.

Which then brings the AFC, to playoff tie break procedure #7. Best combined rank among AFC teams in points scored, and points allowed.
That's if the playoffs were After week 3.
1. Raiders with the bye
2. Buffalo
3. Browns
4. Titans
5. Denver
6. Bengals
7. Chargers (Chargers at Bills) (Bengals at Browns) (Broncos at Titans) Raiders get the bye.

After week 4 played, the #5 tie Break Strength of Victory comes into play a lot to sort out the 3-1 teams. I'll put sov4 for example to represent a clubs teams they've beaten combined for 4 wins themselves = their, strength of victory. high number better. Sos, is the w-l of all teams you played, win't or lost, that's tie break 6. which comes into play at the end btween the Broncos and Bengals. .. Best I can figure if the Playoffs were this week.
1. seed, Bye, Chargers, sov.7 earliest tie break.
2. seed Ravens, sov.5 5 wins by clubs they've beat brings them from missing the playoffs last week, all the way to #2 seed and the AFC North div. this week.
3. seed, Bills, 3-1 next div winner at 3-1
4. seed. Titans, div winner at 2-2
then the wild cards..
5. seed. Raiders, sov.5 the teams they've beat have won 5
6. Browns, Sov: Strenght of victory, 4, the teams they've beaten have won 4
7. seed. comes down to two remaining 3-1 teams, the Broncos and Bengals at tie break #5 both have a sov.2

But tie break #6, strength of schedule, the Bengals whole schedule opponents record combines for a record of 4-12, while the Broncos whole schedule of opponents record combied for a record of 5-11. Advantage Broncos.
Broncos #7 seed
Cincinnat no playoffs, (Broncos also have the #7 tie break combined ranking in points for and points against vs. the afc. over the bengals.
(Broncos at Ravens), (Browns at Bills), (Raiders at Titans), and LA Chargers get the bye. if this week.
What a difference a week makes.
Edit: The only point is to build a power ranking list.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 08:19 PM
R
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 08:45 PM

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 08:52 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 08:56 PM

Interesting video on Scott Peters teaching technique for OL.

He has been a big help to Callahan.

Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 09:48 PM
Surprised about Lee,, he seemed to play well on Sunday
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 09:50 PM
I would assume Lee is back on the practice squad in short order.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 11:32 PM
What a boneheaded move by the Browns to mess with the defense from the last week.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 11:36 PM
Elijah Lee played 14 snaps on defense last week.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/05/21 11:52 PM
Headline should be.
Browns let Elijah Lee get away

DAvion Davis is signed by the Texans.

The Browns sign some lousy OL from the Texans PS. Like they need another OL< they Aren't using the ones they have!! putting out a Left freaking Tackle on a bad leg that will escalate to an injury they can't ignore.

This system doesn't get real players. This system does't 'keep' real players. boo
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 12:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Yeah, same here. I'd rather see Lee play and Wilson get lopped.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 12:43 AM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Yeah, same here. I'd rather see Lee play and Wilson get lopped.
Wilson has graded out better than Lee, for whatever that's worth. Seems like Wilson has played better by not playing as much, and with Anthony Walker coming back possibly this weekend...Mack Wilson still probably won't be playing a lot.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 10:25 AM
Time will tell if he is a good football player, but he looks like he could hold his own in a tussle.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 10:28 AM

I agree....he flashed in pre-season and has been playing like a starter when on the field.

Just a numbers deal I suppose. I hope Fields is worth the roster spot because Lee has earned a spot.

Hope we get him back to the PS.
Headline should be.

The Browns sign some lousy OL from the Texans PS. Like they need another OL< they Aren't using the ones they have!! putting out a Left freaking Tackle on a bad leg that will escalate to an injury they can't ignore.

This system doesn't get real players. This system does't 'keep' real players. boo

I swear Throw your parents must have dropped you a lot..................

Gee dude you don't really believe you have a better handle on the Browns then the people we have in charge, really?

I know better, just wave at the sky and go on by...............sheeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 02:03 PM

We've had some crispy hot-takes on here lately, but this one absolutely takes the cake.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 04:06 PM
And it's not the good kind of cake either like you get from a bakery. It's more of the out of a box mix from the grocery store kind.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 04:07 PM
like someone made a chocolate and turnip cake from rye bread mix
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 04:25 PM
I would assume Lee is back on the practice squad in short order.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 05:22 PM
like someone made a chocolate and turnip cake from rye bread mix

Thanks. I needed a good vomit. sick
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And it's not the good kind of cake either like you get from a bakery. It's more of the out of a box mix from the grocery store kind.

But then you find out the mix was actually from Petsmart and not the grocery store.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
[quote=] like someone made a chocolate and turnip cake from rye bread mix

Quote:
Thanks. I needed a good vomit. sick

Good. Because that cake needed frosting… not anymore…
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 10:02 PM
Headline should be.

Just how many times did your parents spike you on your head on a cement floor?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/06/21 11:43 PM
j/c

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 01:10 AM
Some don't care about the Browns roster moves, I DO!
That day was a bad day for the Browns roster moves, unpopular opinion or not.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 01:32 AM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Just how many times did your parents spike you on your head on a cement floor?

The over/under is 5. I'll take the over.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 02:12 PM
Didn't Lee make it back to the practice squad? So we didn't lose him.

Davion Davis was the preseason darling, but the WR room being what it is means we didn't have room for him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 02:19 PM
Yeah Lee will most likely be back and forth all year IMO
Posted By: cle23 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 02:23 PM

Name which WR on our roster that Davis is better than.

Also, name which LB we should have cut to keep Lee, who we didn't even lose.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By: cle23

Name which WR on our roster that Davis is better than.

Also, name which LB we should have cut to keep Lee, who we didn't even lose.

Spot on! thumbsup

I like Lee and Davis.

Davis won't displace any WR on the 53.

I like Lee better than M Wilson...BUT...I don't think Wilson would make it back to our PS. Not because he's 'so good' or 'better'...just a recognizable name and a former 'surprise fall' draft pick.

It's a good problem to have...one I can't recollect ever having...at least STR.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 03:24 PM
In years past, our GM's would continually churn the bottom of our 53 and names would just come and go. They'd barely be worth noting.

Today, every last name on the 53 contributes and is valuable. It's a strange place to be, and definitely more than a little weird to be so worried about perhaps losing Player 53, lol
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 03:36 PM

A message many need to consider.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 03:36 PM
I think the bottom-roster churn is still going to happen, but to a much less degree. The FO still needs to find guys (ex. Lee) that can jump in when needed. That is a never-ending task.

I think before, the churn was also to possibly find guys that could displace starters.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I think the bottom-roster churn is still going to happen, but to a much less degree. The FO still needs to find guys (ex. Lee) that can jump in when needed. That is a never-ending task.

I think before, the churn was also to possibly find guys that could displace starters.

To add to your and Purp's comments:

We even have guys on the PRACTICE SQUAD that could be called up on Sundays and actually be active.

Twilight Zone Browns-style...but in a good way...finally.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/07/21 11:34 PM
I see the Texans have signed Davion Davies off our practice squad. Sorry if this has already been noted.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 11:47 AM
Just a question: Earlier in the season we talked about how teams can protect a few practice squad players.

Just how does that work?

I am not saying Davies should have, or have not been a protected player, receiver is a fairly well stocked position and the waiver wires are usually full of decent enough receivers to replace Davies.

Just wondering how that works and when, if ever we might invoke that option?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 12:01 PM
The NFL also added a new wrinkle to the practice squad that provides teams with some limited protections for keeping practice squad players. Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team’s game that week until the deadline on Tuesday.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/8/31/2264...salary-and-more
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 12:17 PM
So, Davies was nabbed in between. Also, I have little doubt that his agent gave us a heads up to give us an opportunity to sign him, but there just isn't room on the 53 for him right now, so we lose him.

We have more good players than roster spots.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 01:15 PM
Hard to believe how good we seem to be drafting now. Wow.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 03:13 PM
Hard to believe how good we seem to be drafting now. Wow.

Mostly. I am not totally sold our evaluation of linemen on either side of the ball are the best. That is college scouting. We seem to do will with the free agent veteran type players.

It's still early so my comments aren't in stone by any means.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 03:19 PM
I think we hit our eval of Wills out of the park, and were going against some engrained philosophies when we did it.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 03:32 PM
I think we hit our eval of Wills out of the park, and were going against some engrained philosophies when we did it.

Ok...a first rounder, and I don't know if it is out of the park or not. I am not going to even try to compare Wills to Thomas. That said, I would be surprised if Wills is select to 2-3 pro-bowls.

To me Wills is a solid player, and I am good with that, but I don't think he is a top of the league LT.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 06:23 PM
While I do agree with you, Joe Thomas was a generational player at the LT position. So IMO you could say almost the same thing about nearly every LT drafted since Thomas.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/08/21 07:30 PM

Ok...a first rounder, and I don't know if it is out of the park or not. I am not going to even try to compare Wills to Thomas. That said, I would be surprised if Wills is select to 2-3 pro-bowls.

To me Wills is a solid player, and I am good with that, but I don't think he is a top of the league LT.

Do you mean Joe Thomas or Andrew Thomas (the "NFL-ready" tackle in Wills' class)? Comparing to the latter makes WAY more sense than the former. IIRC, early returns has our Wills as best of his class. But more on topic was our eval pegging him as a legit LT despite all the RT vs LT discussion going on.

I'm not saying the guy is a finished product or anything, but to view a rookie (1st rounder or not) LT come in and start and play well right away as anything other than a win is not right.
Posted By: Cleats Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 12:29 PM
Headline should be.

Chris Hubbard will undergo season-ending surgery to repair his triceps injury, a league source confirmed for cleveland.com. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport first reported it.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 12:51 PM
Potentially, and situationally, any Wr. except Higgins and Landry; but nobody would agree and it's old news now.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Cleats
Headline should be.

Chris Hubbard will undergo season-ending surgery to repair his triceps injury, a league source confirmed for cleveland.com. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport first reported it.

Just a hunch but Hubbard might have played his last snap with the Browns.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 01:41 PM
Probably so. The long odds he was signed again just got longer.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 03:44 PM
j/c...

Zac Jackson
@AkronJackson
Browns Saturday moves

LB Anthony Walker from IR to active roster, as expected
DE Joe Jackson signed to PS after being cut Thursday
Standard game elevations for Jackson and S Jovante Moffatt

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1446863238788878341
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 07:46 PM
Headline should be.

That's what everyone said last year,, yet, here he is again.

But, depending on what they find in the off season to replace him, yeah,, he could be gone
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 07:59 PM
Headline should be.

That's what everyone said last year,, yet, here he is again.

But, depending on what they find in the off season to replace him, yeah,, he could be gone

Because he took a massive pay cut( about $15M, as one of the many dumb Dorsey contracts) to remain employed by the Browns. I suppose he could take another one.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 08:08 PM
I think he is well worth what he is being paid. He can fill in at either tackle positions or G. I agree that if we can find a suitable replacement at a better value we will move on. But I think we could say that about most of our roster.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 08:24 PM
Yes, his contract value now is better than what it was when he first signed. The unfortunate thing is he was generally bad when he started for us, so it's not like the performance ceiling is now higher just because he makes less money.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 08:28 PM
re: Hubbard

His biggest value apparently is the unquantifiable "team leader" price tag, which doesn't mean as much to me as it does others.

See: Jarvis Landry and his $15M/year.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/09/21 10:12 PM
Yeah, good point. I was a disappointed when I saw he would be having surgery. He is a valuable guy to have on the team, and no doubt Callahan made him a better player.

He also seems like a good person, from articles I have read.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 12:31 AM
Lol, had to share this: Ricardo Louis is still playing pro football. He just caught a TD for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, if anyone cares. This is a good CFL game, a barn burner on the Prairies against Calgary.

Gotta give him props for hanging in.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 02:31 AM
I've felt discomfort hearing the local Cleveland media proclaim all summer long the Browns as Super Bowl caliber and with the enthusiasm that it is a given. The Browns are not even a playoff team if the wheels fall off, and with everyone else keeping pace, one of the 3-1 teams will have to miss the playoffs this year.

One of the strengths that propelled the 2020 Browns to a better record than the 2019 Browns was improvements to the O-Line as a group and 2 keys to that group were the usages of Kendall Lamm, and Chris Hubbard, in 2020 vs. previously. Subsequently, Kendall Lamm left the Browns to join the Titans, and now Chris Hubbard, though not in use yet, has become unavailable for the entire 2021 season.
I don't think, the Browns are talent level Super Bowl favorites with an offensive line that keeps taking talent level hits.
Plus, I stand by saying where Chris Hubbard goes, the good offense goes, meaning the passing game.
So losing Hubbard for a year impacting the Browns abilities in the passing game, would be a hit to the Browns success. frown
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 10:19 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Lol, had to share this: Ricardo Louis is still playing pro football. He just caught a TD for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, if anyone cares. This is a good CFL game, a barn burner on the Prairies against Calgary.

Gotta give him props for hanging in.

I like the CFL. I wish it was like days of old when ESPN aired a few CFL games a week. It's a solid, entertaining brand of football imo.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 01:02 PM
I just want to say Baker is our quarterback, I remember the good plays he had last week, and in the Giants game, to overcome those 10 yard penalties in one snap, like usual, and we all take for Granted.
And Mayfield is our Quarterback and we all support him.

and as Leslie Neilson would say.
"I just want to say good luck! we're all counting on you."
Nothing like a 41 year old movie reference.

stay on the right side of the alligator.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 01:06 PM

Interesting that two career back-up players would determine the season for the Browns????
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 04:28 PM
Yet how odd it is that he would be the best, by far, replacement to take over with Wills injury.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 07:58 PM
Uh oh.

MLB News Network
@newsnetworkmlb
Paul DePodesta is seen as the lead candidate for the #Mets GM vacancy.

MLB News Network
@newsnetworkmlb
DePodesta is also seen as a candidate for the #Mets president of baseball operation opening. John Daniels is another candidate for that vacancy.

https://twitter.com/newsnetworkmlb/status/1447206747542786050
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 09:30 PM
Just say no, Depo!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 09:41 PM
I do not like this. He’s going to get paid so much money.
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 10:38 PM
That ish was beautiful!!!!!
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/10/21 10:50 PM
That bs flag did all of this smh
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/11/21 02:29 AM
Uh oh.

MLB News Network
@newsnetworkmlb
Paul DePodesta is seen as the lead candidate for the #Mets GM vacancy.

MLB News Network
@newsnetworkmlb
DePodesta is also seen as a candidate for the #Mets president of baseball operation opening. John Daniels is another candidate for that vacancy.

https://twitter.com/newsnetworkmlb/status/1447206747542786050
stay Depo
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/11/21 07:17 AM
I've pretty much had it with the NFLs' bias's.

The Titans! Could Go 5-7 in their next 12 games, and coast on to a home field playoff game.

The Browns, realistically, have to go 8-4 in their next 12 games, and still will likely miss the playoffs altogether.

That Reality! Is Incredibly unjust!

And the NFL hates Ohio! And the NFL hates Cleveland! and the NFL offices are in New York! and New York sucks!
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 03:11 AM
Cleveland Browns: Rookie LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah hospitalized with throat contusion
ByCHANCE LINTON Oct 10, 8:09 PM

Cleveland Browns linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was taken to a local hospital after sustaining a throat contusion in the team’s 47-42 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday afternoon at SoFi Stadium.

The Browns announced after the game that Owusu-Koramoah was taken to the hospital as a precaution to undergo further evaluation. The former Notre Dame standout finished the game with four total tackles.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state...sion-172865871/
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 10:19 AM
Any updates on Hospital Ward? Is it something more serious than a stiff neck?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 05:03 PM
j/c...

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
#Browns roster moves: OL Chris Hubbard (triceps), FB Andy Janovich (hamstring) and S M.J. Stewart (hamstring) to IR. DE Joe Jackson & FB Johnny Stanton IV to active roster from practice squad. CB Tim Harris activated from practice squad/COVID-19. T Alex Taylor signed to PS.

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1447968333203218436
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 05:24 PM
Any updates on Hospital Ward? Is it something more serious than a stiff neck?

Last I heard they're awaiting MRIs for Conklin, Greedy, and Ward...and it seems lately we've been finding out on Wednesdays. But praying for some good news, because the injuries have been horrid.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 06:10 PM
We need ward and Greedy this week against their passing game
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 08:52 PM
No Arizona Cardinals forum yet, so I'll put this here ...

92.3 The Fan reporting that Cardinals' Chandler Jones tested positive for Covid-19 today.

(Looking for Twitter / link)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...9-reserve-list/
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 08:59 PM
That will help a banged up Browns offensive line this Sunday.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 09:03 PM
Bodes well for keeping Baker upright, as well as our run game. He needs 2 negative tests, 24 hours apart, to be cleared if he's vaccinated. If he's not vaccinated, he's out for 10 days.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/12/21 09:18 PM
Looks like he's vaccinated, so there's a chance he plays.

Chuck Harris
@chuckh3
Yes. Since he is vaccinated, Chandler Jones will need to have 2 negative tests within a 24-hour period in order to come of the reserve list.

https://twitter.com/chuckh3/status/1448027493747728384
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 12:34 PM
My guy is back on the Team.. . T Alex Taylor signed to PS.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 12:49 PM
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
My guy is back on the Team.. . T Alex Taylor signed to PS.
this is good IMO I agree
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 12:57 PM
. T Alex Taylor signed to PS..Had really good Pre Season with us , thought he out played Hudson
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 01:42 PM
Usual plug: subscription to The Athletic is money well spent. I highly recommend it.
This article kinda boils down a lot of what we've already discussed. I generally enjoy their writers' takes.

https://theathletic.com/2880574/2021/10/...campaign=601983

Upon further review of the game, snap counts and some advanced stats, here are 26 observations — one for every fourth-quarter point allowed by the Browns — from the wild Browns-Chargers game last Sunday …

1. The Browns failed to close the game, and shaky game-management decisions are atop the list of things that went wrong. While there has been much talk about the Browns’ handling of their final two possessions — and there will be more below — there was another call in the fourth quarter that came back to bite them.

Right after the controversial pass interference with just over nine minutes left and the Browns up 35-28, the Chargers were flagged for ineligible man downfield during a first-down pass that fell incomplete. The Browns accepted the penalty, giving the Chargers first-and-15 instead of second-and-10. But the Chargers were rolling at that point, so all accepting the penalty did was give L.A. another play. The extra play mattered as Justin Herbert threw to Keenan Allen for 20 yards on fourth-and-8, and on the next play, the Chargers scored.

Each team scored again in the final 7:24 after that touchdown, so it’s not like one play decided it. But the Browns were pretty clearly struggling defensively by that point, and extending that drive by choice just extended their misery.

2. Four minutes later came the one that’s been widely discussed and dissected. The Chargers scored but missed the extra point, and the Browns got the ball back with a one-point lead. After running for a yard, throwing incomplete on a straight dropback by Baker Mayfield, then gaining 3 yards on a draw to Kareem Hunt, they punted.

“In hindsight, I definitely wish I did something different (there),” Stefanski said Monday. “This is where I have to put our guys in positions to succeed, and I did not do that there. I am sick about it. Definitely got too wrapped up in the previous play call with the clock stopping and how that unfolded. Again, I have to put our guys in position, and I can’t do that to our team.”

3. Did the Browns think about going for it on fourth down on that drive because they knew they were pretty much powerless to get a stop? Should that have maybe factored into the play calling in that spot?

“I think hindsight always is going to cause me to look at those decisions and think about what I can do to come through for our team, so I will look at all of those things,” Stefanski said.

4. Then there was the last drive, where the Browns only moved 21 yards because they started with three short passes. There was too much dink and dunk in that situation, and they were out of timeouts because they’d used them before allowing the Chargers to score on the previous drive. The Browns defense pushed Austin Ekeler into the end zone in an attempt to save time.

“We had a four verticals (play) called that we checked it down to Kareem,” Stefanski said of the start of that drive. “Then it was a third-and-1 where we were aggressive to Kareem in the flat to try and get the first (down). That is the truth of it. The first goal of that drive was to make sure that we are in location to throw a Hail Mary. Obviously, we would love to get as close as possible to do that. That is what happened there.”

5. Monday, Stefanski was also asked if his play calls late in the first and on that penultimate series showed a lack of trust in the passing game.

“I do not think it sends that message,” he said. “I talked to the offense about those calls. That first one, (we’re) trying to really help the field goal kicker. Third-and-longer when you get in the red zone and you limit the amount of space you have becomes difficult. We had a good run that really helped the field goal there. I would just tell you I have to do a better job, bottom line.”

6. Yes, the aforementioned fourth-down pass-interference call on A.J. Green in the fourth quarter was shaky — and probably was offensive interference on Mike Williams if it was anything. Yes, there was clearly illegal contact against Donovan Peoples-Jones on second-and-9 with three minutes left that went uncalled. Yes, Myles Garrett was held for most of the day. The Browns have a right to be angry about the officiating.

The Browns also got nothing out of their final two possessions, twice completely lost Williams for easy touchdowns and allowed the Chargers to convert three other fourth downs in the second half. Each team had opportunities, and through varied circumstances, the Chargers took better advantage of theirs.

7. Monday, Stefanski was asked about the officiating and specifically about Mayfield and Garrett choosing to publicly criticize the officiating after the game.

“I would just tell you, I am never going to rely — and we as a team are not going to rely — on the officials,” Stefanski said. “In the moment, whether something gets called or does not get called, I have to move on and make sure I give the guys a chance to succeed.” Later, he said, “We talked about (the calls). I will obviously — like we do every week — have a discussion with the league on some of these plays. Listen, they are not going to get every play right, and I am certainly not going to call every play right and we are not going to execute every play right. It is going to be imperfect, but for our team, we are not going to leave it in the hands of the officials. We control a lot of that game, and we need to do better.”

8. Before the final drive, Mayfield’s average depth of target (aDOT) for the day was just 5.2 yards. Upon rewatching the game, throwing mostly short seemed to be the game plan for a bounce-back performance against a Chargers defense that prefers to give up rushing yards and short passes rather than risk giving up big plays. Below are various TruMedia passing charts, first for the entire season and then split into before and after Mayfield suffered the partially torn labrum in Week 2 versus the Texans. Outside of the strong performance and hitting a few intermediate to deep balls against the Chiefs in the season opener, there’s not a lot of noticeable difference. In fact, Mayfield’s aDOT for the first two games was 8.4 yards, and over the last three games, it has been 10.0.

9. Odell Beckham Jr. played 58 snaps, the most among Browns receivers. He caught his final two targets after dropping his first. The game rewatch showed there were multiple times that Mayfield did not look Beckham’s way on straight dropbacks — whether that’s by design or not, we don’t know. This is an offense that has a lot of talented options and one that thrives on being unpredictable, so Beckham could still end up making some big plays. But three games into his comeback, it’s hard to say exactly what Beckham’s role is — and it’s impossible to defend his fourth-down drop in the first half.

10. “There were a couple of opportunities, but the coverage took the quarterback elsewhere,” Stefanski said. “That is really the simple answer to it. We just have to make sure that we find ways to get (Beckham) the ball and all of our guys the ball. We have a bunch of different guys that can do something with the ball in their hands. I think about David (Njoku) making some really big plays with the ball in his hands, so we will continue to do that.”

11. It was the biggest game of Njoku’s career. Mayfield threw a well-placed bullet over the middle in the fourth quarter, which Njoku jumped to secure. After Njoku stepped out of the tackle attempt by Nassir Adderley, almost all of the Chargers’ closest defenders were on the other side of the field on what became a 71-yard touchdown. Njoku also went 31 yards on a quick screen to open the Browns’ second drive.

12. Per Pro Football Focus, Njoku played 30 snaps as an inline tight end, 13 in the slot and three as a wide receiver. He has lined up for multiple snaps as a wide receiver in four of the five games, and his ability to move around the formation can continue to serve the Browns well if he’s going to continue to confidently catch the ball. Stefanski moves all three tight ends around the formation at times, but Njoku is by far the best athlete and most dangerous intermediate to deep threat of the bunch. After playing 71 total snaps in Weeks 1-2, Njoku’s snap counts in the last three games have been 50, 52 and 46, respectively, and in one tight end personnel groupings versus the Chargers, TruMedia had Njoku getting 20 snaps to Austin Hooper’s 18. For the first time since 2018, he’s a full-time player.

13. Nick Chubb is freakishly good. The rewatch confirmed what we already knew: that guys who play at 230-ish pounds are not supposed to be able to explode in and out of cuts the way Chubb does.

14. As you’d expect, the Pro Football Focus grades for the Browns secondary were mostly awful. Troy Hill got a 39.2. Ronnie Harrison, who’d been having a strong season before Sunday, got a 36.6. Grant Delpit, who got caught looking the wrong way on Williams’ first long touchdown catch, got a 26.6. Greedy Williams left in the fourth quarter with a shoulder injury but got an 82.9 coverage grade for his 47 coverage snaps. Denzel Ward left after nine snaps with a neck injury, leaving Green to play a career-high 69 snaps. Green’s overall PFF grade was 66.9.

15. Though it’s debatable on some plays whether there was any pass coverage at all, TruMedia had the Browns playing zone coverage on 77 percent of the snaps and man coverage on 18 percent.

16. What happened on those big plays?

“Obviously when guys get that open, the answer is it always is a miscommunication,” Stefanski said. “That is what happened. We had poor communication out there a couple of times. We have to get lined up, get the calls and execute the defense. You never know when it is going to hurt you, and it was unfortunate that we had some miscommunication back there. We have to work real hard at fixing that.”

17. Of all the things that went wrong for the Browns, their makeshift offensive line did a solid job on Chargers Pro Bowl pass rusher Joey Bosa. Blake Hance made his first NFL start at left tackle, and rookie James Hudson replaced Jack Conklin at right tackle after he suffered a knee injury in the fourth quarter. Bosa, who had been dominant in the first four games, was credited with just two quarterback pressures and got a season-low 52.0 pass-rush grade from Pro Football Focus. PFF graded the Browns offensive line as allowing just five pressures and zero sacks.

18. What’s ahead for the Browns offensive line might be more complicated. Conklin got an MRI on his knee, the results of which were unknown as of Tuesday morning. Hance was starting in place of Jedrick Wills Jr., who has been dealing with a lingering ankle injury. Veteran backup tackle Chris Hubbard has opted for season-ending surgery on the triceps injury he suffered in Week 1, so even if Conklin hasn’t suffered a major injury, the Browns are going to have to scramble for backup options — and might have to press Hudson into full-time action this week.

They’ve tried to bring along some long-term projects at tackle (outside of Hudson) in the last two training camps, but injuries have derailed those projects. Michael Dunn would be an emergency tackle option, but for now, he’s the backup center because Nick Harris is on injured reserve. The Browns had no player listed as a tackle on the practice squad the last two weeks, probably because they’ve been carrying 10 active offensive linemen and because Hubbard had returned to practice. But with Hubbard now on injured reserve and Wills, center JC Tretter and now Conklin dealing with injuries, reinforcements are going to be needed.

19. The Browns made five roster moves Tuesday afternoon: Hubbard, fullback Andy Janovich and utility defensive back M.J. Stewart were all placed on injured reserve, while fullback Johnny Stanton and defensive end Joe Jackson were called up from the practice squad. Jackson had been playing in every game but was cut last week before being re-signed to the practice squad and elevated to the active roster for the game. With Jadeveon Clowney out, Jackson played 34 snaps and Ifeadi Odenigbo made his season debut and played 16 snaps at defensive end. Stewart was one of four players who needed MRIs after Sunday’s game, but it’s too early to read too deeply into Stewart being immediately placed on IR as it may or may not relate to the other injury situations.

20. Clowney was limited through practice last week for maintenance reasons and because he has been dealing with an elbow injury, but Stefanski said it was knee soreness in pregame warmups that caused him to miss the game. Add that Garrett was dealing with lower-body soreness last week, and the Browns are going to have to continue to manage their pass rushers. Takk McKinley had an active day with three credited pressures and played a season-high 43 snaps.

21. As noted above, the other three players who needed MRIs after the game in L.A. were Conklin, Ward and Williams. With two games in the next nine days, the Browns have a potential crisis situation at cornerback with Greg Newsome II (calf) having missed the last two games and the last two weeks of practice. Williams has been solid in his two starts. Stewart’s injury would leave the Browns in need of a new emergency cornerback option even if the rest of the group was healthy, so we’ll have to await further updates.

22. Green is big (6-foot-2) and fast, and the Browns kept him on the practice squad last season because he’s talented but, well, green. His speed has shown up on kickoff coverage all season, and after getting targeted on his only defensive snap in Minnesota in Week 4, he saw his first extensive cornerback duty last week. It’s no secret that he’ll continue to be targeted if he plays, and given the Cardinals’ spread-based attack, every available defensive back this week figures to see significant action. While Green was far from perfect, his showing against the Chargers has to be good for his confidence and the team’s confidence in him, and if he can continue to develop, he could be a keeper. It has only taken six weeks for the adage that every team needs at least six cornerbacks to again be proven true.

23. The Browns would ideally keep Troy Hill at slot cornerback. Even on a tough day for the secondary against the Chargers, Hill’s tackling ability on quick screens and short passes to the flats showed up. Hill was never a full-time slot cornerback until last season so he can move outside when needed, but the Browns think his ability to diagnose plays shows up best when he’s in the slot. Again, the Browns are going to be playing five or six defensive backs almost the entire game versus the Cardinals.

24. Rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was taken to a local hospital for observation and didn’t fly home with the team after suffering a throat contusion on Sunday. Owusu-Koramoah tweeted Monday that he was doing fine, but his status for the week ahead remains uncertain. Owusu-Koramoah has continually impressed with his closing speed, and he has become a full-time player. The Browns need him to continue to produce and develop, especially given the injury-related uncertainty facing the defense at all three levels. Owusu-Koramoah had five tackles in 68 snaps against the Chargers.

25. The Browns didn’t punt in the first half. That’s always a good thing, and it has become an important thing because punter Jamie Gillan has not been good. He’s averaging 41.8 yards per punt on the season, which is 28th in the league among players with at least 13 punts and 32nd overall. His two short punts in the second half did not help a reeling defense.

“Obviously, we want to punt better,” Stefanski said. “He needs to be better, and he knows that.”

26. Rookie Demetric Felton remains the punt returner, and Felton’s offensive role in this game was limited as he played just three offensive snaps. Felton has been replaced as the kickoff returner by fellow rookie Anthony Schwartz, who has world-class speed but no previous experience returning kicks. The Browns wanted to get Schwartz some experience in the return game in training camp, but he missed most of camp with a hamstring injury. For now, look at this switch as a way for the Browns to keep both involved.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 04:22 PM
https://twitter.com/joelsherman1/status/1448320805079822338?s=21

Summary:

DePodesta isn’t leaving the Browns.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 04:23 PM
We currently have one of the worst punters in the league.

https://twitter.com/thepuntrunts/status/1447907481750024197?s=21
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 04:32 PM
Man, that's crazy. He showed so much promise, too. I remember when he beat out Colquitt, too, and he's obviously a very legit punter.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 04:38 PM
I'm not sure he actually beat out Colquitt so much as it was the Browns didn't want to pay a punter $2.5M when they could pay Gillan $500k.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 04:58 PM
I rewatched the game last night.

Note to Odell.. You have to catch the ball on a two yard completion on 4th down when the ball is hit you right between the numbers. Baker can't trust you. This happened last year as well.

Green did not embarrass himself. I thought he played well. The 4th down PI call was one of the worst calls that I have ever seen. That picture will be meme worthy for framing and sending the the NFL. PI calls greater than 15 yards should get reviewed automatically.

Schwartz has speed on KR returns.

The holding call on Tretter was terrible too, DL had illegal hands to the face.

There was a non holding call on Garrett as about 3:45 in the fourth that was missed as well. Terrible game for the refs.

The offense was pretty good. Hance did well. Any accolades are deserved.

KS has been correctly bashed for his late game decision making.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 05:06 PM
Kevin Stefanski seemed to take the blame for the play calling at the end of the game..

I think after hearing him explain it, I agree with him.

Whatever else you all may think, these guys played their hearts out.

Gotta remember KS is still a young coach. he's going to make mistakes. He'll make more and he'll learn..

Also, I was disappointed in the D but then, it's hard to play with so many guys injured.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 05:07 PM
Having Green as our fourth outside corner is completely ridiculous depth.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 07:06 PM
j/c...

PFF CLE Browns
@PFF_Browns
Most missed tackles forced per run (min. 55 attempts):

1st in NFL Kareem Hunt- 0.33
2nd in NFL Nick Chubb- 0.31

https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1448359217761509385
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/13/21 09:39 PM
I'm not sure he actually beat out Colquitt so much as it was the Browns didn't want to pay a punter $2.5M when they could pay Gillan $500k.

Yeah, that's true, but I'd have to believe they'd be close enough to risk letting go of someone like Colquitt's caliber. I know it was Kitchens at the time, so I'm not saying anything with definitive certainty.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 04:03 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 04:06 PM
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 05:18 PM
When it rains it pours. The Browns curse continues.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 05:23 PM
Oh it’s pouring
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

this is not ideal but... this is not that bad. He can still come back this year and help us push for the playoffs or in the playoffs if the wheels don't completely come off the bus
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 05:48 PM
Also, do we know when we're getting Chubb back?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober

something tells me they will keep him shut down for another week to get an extra 10 days of recovery
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

something tells me they will keep him shut down for another week to get an extra 10 days of recovery

As well as Wills and Conklin. We may be putting a MASH unit out there for the whole world to see.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 06:13 PM
I’m going to guess that we will be without: Chubb, Hunt, Landry, Conklin, Wills, OBJ, JOK … with an extended bye type week, we’ll give those guys some time.

Problem is … we will have our hands full.
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 06:23 PM
I was hoping to get Chubb and Landry back on Thursday. It just feels like a dark, heavy cloud is hanging over our heads. I need some glimmer of light.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 06:28 PM
We really need both of those dudes. It seems like they’re the heartbeat of the team.

Give us the two OTs, Landry, Chubb, the TEs and DPJ/Higgins and we can roll
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 07:46 PM

And it sounds like it would be wise to sit Chubb another game. Chubb injury discussed at the :40 second mark...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 09:21 PM
Starting to feel like Case Keenum might be starting on Thursday.

Posted By: FrankZ Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 09:35 PM
Starting to feel like Case Keenum might be starting on Thursday.

Or the rest of the season. I wonder if the opinion is that it is time for surgery.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 10:09 PM
We are 3-3.. Not where we expected to be, but not the end of the world either.. Losing a game now isn't the end of the world. Especially if it means we can get healthy for a push to the Playoffs later.

Can't believe i just said that.. Yikes...
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/18/21 11:56 PM
Starting Case Keenum might be the prudent thing to do at this point. It's a shame that injuries might derail what was a very promising season. Just our luck
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Starting Case Keenum might be the prudent thing to do at this point. It's a shame that injuries might derail what was a very promising season. Just our luck

we are 3-3 not 1-5 the only way Baker gets better is with surgery not rest.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 07:04 AM
Baker might want to shut it down for the year and have surgery. Not only because it gives him the ability to heal properly, but it also means 11 less games of film to put on tape while playing less than 100% when you're fighting for that $$$. It's the old adage sometimes it's better for people to think you're an idiot rather than open your mouth and prove them right. Maybe it's better for Baker if people think he's not an elite franchise QB rather than go out there playing awful while banged up and confirming it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 11:38 AM
Baker’s already lost money IMO. And playing hurt is clearly not working either at this juncture. Not sure what to do (and it’s not my decision lol).

I do know that Keenum is trash too. Putting him out there without either OT is tantamount to giving Denver a win.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 12:01 PM
Surgery now for Baker is to throw the towel in on the entire season.

We were loaded for a Super Bowl run, but it didn't work out. Lots of guys on 1-year deals will be moving on. OBJ will likely get cut or traded, at which point Landry may want to move on as well, and we don't have a whole lot developed behind them; we're about to be back to looking forward to the Draft and trying to build the team. Our Time came and went in six weeks.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 02:09 PM
We should legitimately consider signing Cam Newton if Baker is out for an extended period.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 02:12 PM
If that's the case (no Baker = throwing in the towel), then why are we paying Keenum so much money?
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 02:19 PM
If that's the case (no Baker = throwing in the towel), then why are we paying Keenum so much money?
There's a difference between subbing for 1 game and the whole season!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 02:29 PM
j/c...

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 02:31 PM
Just a reminder last time keenum subbed for a remaining season he went 11-5 and made the playoffs. In this offense. Not saying it will happen again but to say he's trash without any context is silly..he's proven to be good in this offense, if we have to have any backup come in for extended time due to injury to Baker, Keenum is prob the best choice right now. If Chubb and the tackles play I'd play keenum Thursday if nothing else to give baker some time off. If we are going to win thursday its going to be with our run game anyways
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by cfrs15
We should legitimately consider signing Cam Newton if Baker is out for an extended period.
If we want to show what a truly awful QB looks like we should do this... I'd stick with Case all day every day if you wanted to win some games.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 03:05 PM
DPJ deserves more targets. I’d be good with him, Landry, and Higgy going forward
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 03:06 PM
Case Keenum is way better than Newton.

I do not believe Cam is a viable option.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 04:00 PM
"We should legitimately consider signing Cam Newton if Baker is out for an extended period."

That is mind numbing...
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moxdawg
There's a difference between subbing for 1 game and the whole season!

Not when you're one of the highest-paid subs in the league. There are plenty of QBs that are MUCH cheaper that are only good for coming in for a game or two (Colt McCoy came in at the end of the AZ game, who makes league min for his years in the league).
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
If we want to show what a truly awful QB looks like we should do this... I'd stick with Case all day every day if you wanted to win some games.

I didn’t say cut Case Keenum.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 04:21 PM
j/c:

John Kelly SZN!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 04:21 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Dave Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 04:46 PM
If Mayfield is out for the year, I'd offer a 5th or 6th round pick to Belichick for Brian Hoyer. Failing that, I'd swipe Gale Gilbert from the Patriots practice squad and let him back up Keenum.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 05:10 PM
Keenum is here because he knows this O and KS knows him. That's why he is being paid so much. If Baker can't play he's the best option. Forget Cam Newton.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 09:19 PM
j/c…
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
When it rains it pours. The Browns curse continues.

The other side of that is, maybe Felton and Johnson step up. I think there's a country song that describes thinking you lost everything, but turns out not? Wait, here it is:

Positive thoughts people.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 10:19 PM

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 10:46 PM
I say this off season go hard after Deshaun Watson
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 10:53 PM
How about do it now?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

I'm pretty sure the DA is too
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/19/21 11:47 PM
The Browns have about a 15-16% chance at any playoff berth this year under current alignment rules.

It's just about the toughest situation in the entire NFL, (And the perfect storm so far). If they could switch places with the Titans, I'd say that chance jumps to just over 70% but, it's not the case.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:20 AM
I liked John Kelly in the pre-season. Nice to see him get an opportunity.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Surgery now for Baker is to throw the towel in on the entire season.

We were loaded for a Super Bowl run, but it didn't work out. Lots of guys on 1-year deals will be moving on. OBJ will likely get cut or traded, at which point Landry may want to move on as well, and we don't have a whole lot developed behind them; we're about to be back to looking forward to the Draft and trying to build the team. Our Time came and went in six weeks.

It might not be here just yet, but it might be by Friday morning. I brought up the 1 year deal yesterday. No way we will be able to keep all of them and as you mention, i don't feel all that great with some of the players sitting in the wings.

No matter what we do this year, next year might be pretty bad unless a few guys all of a sudden show up.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I liked John Kelly in the pre-season. Nice to see him get an opportunity.
Same here. He ran hard and made good reads. Let’s hope it translates.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 11:51 AM
Can anyone fill me in on whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season?
Posted By: Jester Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 12:24 PM
I am sure this isn't comprehensive but:

On the D-line
Billings
Clowney
McKinley
Malik Jackson

Also
Rodney Harrison
Anthony Walker
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 12:36 PM
Hopefully Woods’ contract
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by DiamDawg
Can anyone fill me in on whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season?

According to spotrac (which is usually pretty close if not totally accurate)
Spotrac - Browns
The following contracts are up after this year.

OT Chris Hubbard
TE David Njoku
OG Wyatt Teller
WR Rashard Higgins
RB D'Ernest Johnson
WR Ryan Switzer
RB John Kelly
TE Stephen Carlson
OG Hjalte Froholdt
OT Michael Dunn
OT Blake Hance

DE Jadeveon Clowney
CB MJ Stewart
DE Takk McKinley
DT Malik Jackson
DT Andrew Billings
S Ronnie Harrison
LB Anthony Walker Jr
LB Malcolm Smith
LB Elijah Lee
DE Ifeadi Odenigbo

P Jamie Gillan
K Chase McLaughlin
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:38 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:41 PM
And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:42 PM
Sucks but that has to be the smart move right now. Let's just hope Baker can get healthy(ish) for Halloween against the Steelers.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:48 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:50 PM
Things are great.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:54 PM
I'm waiting for Keenum to come out and play lights out, beat Denver and connect with OBJ for 150+ yards and two TDs. Really getting the town in a tizzy like the Couch/Holcomb years!
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 02:58 PM
The wise move protecting Baker from himself. I don't question Baker's courage or his attitude that he needs to play even if hurt. Given the fact that our OLine is not "protecting" as well as it would be if our starting OTs were not injured...the risk of further injury should be avoided.

The Browns sure could use a miracle about now.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 03:16 PM

Talk about leaving us all hanging. Does anyone have a key to.this code?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Sucks but that has to be the smart move right now. Let's just hope Baker can get healthy(ish) for Halloween against the Steelers.
I say let him rest up and bring him back when our Oline situation is no longer in shambles. Sync up his return with our starting tackles. Tell Keenum that he needs to get the ball out of his hands quick or he's going to end up like Mayfield.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 03:41 PM
this is probably KS decision. Sometimes you have to protect players from themselves, especially when they are playing poorly or lacking confidence because of injury. Keenum should be able to come in and beat denver. Give Baker the 10 days off
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 03:46 PM
Who is the Emergency Qb on Thursday night, if Keenum gets a concussion or something?

Is it Jamie Gillan? Did they have a QB on the practice squad to call up, I know it wasn't Kyle Lauletta.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 03:51 PM
I'd expect Nick Mullins to be called up from the PS to be Keenum's backup for the game.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 04:37 PM
I'd expect Nick Mullins to be called up from the PS to be Keenum's backup for the game.

I see Kyle Lauletta is a member of the Jaguars practice squad, since cutdown to 53 2 months ago. Now.

Based only on what we saw in 2021. Only on 2021, where, in the preseason, Keenum looked Autrocious in the red zone, and based on Nick Mullens being reputationally terrible,

I think the best chance to win a game this week, in two days, and based on the Browns in July and August of 2021, that If I had to have a QB of the 3, and it was in any way possible, (because I don't have a way to know if Lauletta is a protected or unprotected member of the Jags practice squad. )
That of.
Nick Mullens,
Case Keenum, or
Kyle Lauletta, that I'd have the most confidence in Lauletta.

Nothing against Case Kennum but,,, did you see that preseason game?? Gosh he was awful.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 06:31 PM
IF we ever actually get to the red zone we should just run it 4 times directly behind Teller (you know we’re going for it on 4th down so we might as well)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/20/21 11:20 PM
If Baker!, one of the only problems I had with his last 3 games... If he didn't know, on the first trip into the red zone each game,
If he didn't know the HC would leave him out there on 4th down to get sacked,
If he didn't know that...
He might have tried to actually convert a 3rd down play in the red zone, instead of hesitate. In 3 out of 4 games in the first trip into the red zone late in the 1st quarter each time.

What I meant to say is.

In a normal years defensive roster, the Browns have about 4 useable safeties, for one particular snap, and if they run a safety blitz playcall, they may really be exposing a bad coverage.
Years like, the Safeties were, Kwan Williams, TJ Ward, or Mike Adams, and they only had 2 starter types and 2 who may be able to see the field.

Well, in 2021, they could probably get decent single snaps out of SIX, Six players built like a safety.
Jok, Lecounte, MJ Stewart, JJ3, R.Harrison, and Delpit. that is 6, not the usual 4.
The season, the whole NFL season is about 1/3rd over and if it ended today, I'd say, MAN!!! (How many safeties do you need on a roster until you can see an Occasional!!! safety blitz?

Didn't they also sign Clowney and Takk McKinley, how many capable players, Defensive coordinator? Do you need, to every once in a while,
Bring a blitz! from someone unexpected?? Like a Safety blitz, or a corner blitz, or anything unusual.
no!, We do tradition!
We rush 4, from home position! Because! if you don't ... you may give up a 35 yard touchdown. Maybe! if you have udfa guy exposed in coverage for one snap,

but not so this year, 1st! they don't have to rely on udfa guy, because I just listed 6 capable players all built like a safety , who could come on a random down, and still cover like the coverage needs. (and run defense)
2nd! They are already giving up 35 yard touchdowns, on the regular tradition 4 man rush and coverages, every time, noo gambles!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/21/21 04:55 AM
I'm waiting for Keenum to come out and play lights out, beat Denver and connect with OBJ for 150+ yards and two TDs. Really getting the town in a tizzy like the Couch/Holcomb years!

Milk Man is a sadist who hates Browns fans.

You ain't foolin' anyone, Milk- I see you.

I see you.
(does that 2-finger 'my eye/your eye' hand gesture thing)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/21/21 11:02 AM
If I'm being impolite, (in team criticism), it only shows that I care.
Assuming, from what we saw of red zone ineffectiveness in the 2021 pre season, that Case Keenum is going to vacuum louder than a garbage truck suctioning a sewer drain,
assuming that. Who is the next best quarterback, the Browns could obtain, that might provide a spark of ingenuity until Baker Mayfeild heals up?
Nick Mullens, Cody Kessler, DiShone Kizer, Tommy Dreamer, ( I threw that one in there.) . Like it would Matter! Is there anyone?

Would Jamie Gillan be the next best option at quarterback, why does it feel-- so natural to say that he would. (It's nomenclature, it's synesthesia.)
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/21/21 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If I'm being impolite, (in team criticism), it only shows that I care.
Assuming, from what we saw of red zone ineffectiveness in the 2021 pre season, that Case Keenum is going to vacuum louder than a garbage truck suctioning a sewer drain,
assuming that. Who is the next best quarterback, the Browns could obtain, that might provide a spark of ingenuity until Baker Mayfeild heals up?
Nick Mullens, Cody Kessler, DiShone Kizer, Tommy Dreamer, ( I threw that one in there.) . Like it would Matter! Is there anyone?

Would Jamie Gillan be the next best option at quarterback, why does it feel-- so natural to say that he would. (It's nomenclature, it's synesthesia.)

Landry is probably the next best option, though I'm not sure he'd be any good for more than a few snaps.
Kyle Lauletta is the only one worth considering for 2021, and he's worse than Keenum.... but, probably better over the course of a game than Landry.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 06:22 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 12:13 PM
He’s right. Unless it’s a severe injury, it’s a contagious thing. We’ve seen years past when guys shut it down with minor stuff when we stink.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 01:55 PM
This is the good CONTAGIOUS, and it's a welcomed sight and I love seeing it. I hate seeing the guys get hurt, but I love that our guys are fighting through it.

Now, let's take 10 days and get as many to the point where they don't have to fight through it as we can.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 02:24 PM
Now, let's take 10 days and get as many to the point where they don't have to fight through it as we can.

I'm still holding my breath until Ski's PC where he talks about the injury list. I feel like last night can still bite us in the butt.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 04:38 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 05:42 PM
I really believe that if we are healthy and have all our players we can play with and beat anyone. The last 3 weeks have been brutal with all the injuries. The Chargers game was very winnable and if we didn't have guys going in and out of the lineup I think we would have won. The Arizona game we came out flat right from the beginning probably because of what happened the week before. It would be a shame to not see how far this team can go because all the players being hurt. Just our luck.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 06:13 PM
While I tend to agree - I do still worry about the D. I'm not saying it's trash or Woods has to go .... I am just concerned.

Who on the D was out vs the Chargers? ... they put up 47 points on our D. They put up 6 points on the Ravens. I think that's a gulf in quality that speaks volumes - all be it west coast/East coast games plays a part .... Ward being hurt again and simply not playing at the level we have in the past is a new/additional concern.

There is plenty of time. No need to panic. I know we have looked outstanding in 2 games and at other times in other games - But there are times when other teams really really seem to be able to do just about whatever they want. We are stout against the run, seem to give up soft 1st downs on passing plays.

Watch this space I guess.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 06:25 PM
No.
We have played 4 crappy offences,won all 4.
We have played 3 good offences,and are giving up,on average,over 40 points per game.That is the complete opposite of playing with and beating anybody.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by BCbrownie
No.
We have played 3 good offences,and are giving up,on average,over 40 points per game.That is the complete opposite of playing with and beating anybody.

Minnesota is not a crappy offense.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 06:48 PM
No.

Minnesota is not a crappy offense.

yep. the vikings offense is ranked 5th in nfl in total yards.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 07:17 PM
Thank-you gentlemen,I stand corrected.
3 out of 4 good O's have averaged 40 points against us.By no stretch of the imagination can that be considered good D.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 07:59 PM
Could be HOW we chose to play D against certain offenses and not the personnel. If it's a high powered O maybe we should blitz more on passing downs or play closer with our CB's. We have the talent at CB to play one on one.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 08:05 PM
Broncos did all their damage in the second half. They made adjustments and shredded our zone coverage and Woods didn't make any adjustments and thats what has been the problem with him outside of a bad scheme. We could be alot better with the personnel we have. We really missed JOK last night even though we won, he would have been fun against that offense. Sucks he's going to miss Pit game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 08:48 PM
I think the health of the OL is literally the #1 variable. If we are at full strength we can go toe to toe with anyone. If we aren’t, it’s much tougher for us to win
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 09:21 PM
Thank-you gentlemen,I stand corrected.
3 out of 4 good O's have averaged 40 points against us.By no stretch of the imagination can that be considered good D.

The Chiefs, Chargers, and Cardinals are three of the top four offenses in the league. We could/should have done better but it’s not like we are giving up 40 to chumps.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 11:40 PM
Like I said, we gave up 47 points to the Chargers who - yes - have a very good O. The Ravens gave up 6.

If you don't find it at least a bit concerning that we by and large have seemed to struggle significantly against the better teams (the kind we will meet in the playoffs should we get there) - I do.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Like I said, we gave up 47 points to the Chargers who - yes - have a very good O. The Ravens gave up 6.

If you don't find it at least a bit concerning that we by and large have seemed to struggle significantly against the better teams (the kind we will meet in the playoffs should we get there) - I do.

It’s concerning but giving up huge points to Mahomes, Herbert, and Murray is not the end of the world.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 11:53 PM
The defense we will field in January isn't the defense we're fielding today. These guys will be in a different groove by then, assuming we aren't destroyed by injury before then.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/22/21 11:58 PM
Any word on Hospital Ward?
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/23/21 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

He's perpetually "questionable" until he becomes "probable".
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/23/21 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Haven’t seen anything yet. I’m going to assume he’ll be out until the bye week
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/23/21 12:29 PM
He will get a MRI on Monday.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/23/21 04:51 PM
He probably had a reservation set ahead of time !
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/24/21 01:40 AM
Browns new Mascot just announced...

[Linked Image from itnonline.com]
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/24/21 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by waterdawg
He probably had a reservation set ahead of time !

LOL...a standing reservation. I like the guy and think he is a very good player, but I am hard pressed to think of any player we have ever had that has been more injury prone. It's just one thing after another.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/24/21 12:12 PM
Many many players are injury prone, I don't think Denel Ward is one of them.
They had to wait 2 years to get more than 10 snaps out of kw2 in 2007. Plus Josh Gordon, plus whomever was the first team pick for about 13 out of 17 years who missed a whole year. Denzel Ward is not very injury prone at all.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 02:15 PM
Hoping for good news on Denzel's MRI today
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
I’ll expect it to be 4-6 weeks
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 04:26 PM
Agreed. Short term IR for Ward will not surprise me.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 04:31 PM

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 05:20 PM
I dig the rig they're using to teach the OLine to fire out low and not stand up too quick.

GREAT news on so many guys returning, but I just hope that they're actually READY and not pushing to get back sooner than they should. There are still a LOT of games left; if we make it to the post-season, we'll need all of these guys to have not aggravated injuries by coming back too soon.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 05:47 PM
I don't think JC Tretter has practiced all year.

I am pretty sure he didn't practice at training camp.

He just shows up game day.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
I don't think JC Tretter has practiced all year.

I am pretty sure he didn't practice at training camp.

He just shows up game day.
You're right, I think with his knee condition...they rest him often through the week. I could be wrong, but I think this rang true last year as well. Good news is we should get C/RG Nick Harris back soon, for depth purposes.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I hope not, though I know thigh injuries can be slow to heal, especially at Denzel Wards recovery rate. It's odd Zach Wilson got hurt yesterday, already had his MRI done, results were in 5 hours ago...Denzel got hurt last Thursday, and there's still no news with his MRI.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/25/21 09:59 PM
If Tretter can show up and play like his is without practicing... i'm not mad.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 09:13 AM

I hope not, though I know thigh injuries can be slow to heal, especially at Denzel Wards recovery rate. It's odd Zach Wilson got hurt yesterday, already had his MRI done, results were in 5 hours ago...Denzel got hurt last Thursday, and there's still no news with his MRI.

I take that as bad news. People are usually eager to spread good news. I take it as there is something there and need to conduct more tests, bla, bla, bla.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 11:06 AM

You have to wait for the swelling to go down then you can get the MRI done.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 02:39 PM
If Tretter can show up and play like his is without practicing... i'm not mad.
I wonder if this will be Tretter’s last year. Isn’t he a FA?
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 02:45 PM
One year...2022 is the last year of Tretters contract.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 03:14 PM
True. But he could be cut in the offseason and it would only cost the Browns $1.6M in dead cap and save $8.25M for the 2022. I'm not advocating for this as there doesn't seem to be a legit option behind him at the moment but cuts happen all the time to pay up for someone more valuable. Someone's final contract year doesn't mean all that much anymore and $8.25M in savings is a rather decent chunk.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 03:53 PM
Oh thanks. Good news
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
True. But he could be cut in the offseason and it would only cost the Browns $1.6M in dead cap and save $8.25M for the 2022. I'm not advocating for this as there doesn't seem to be a legit option behind him at the moment but cuts happen all the time to pay up for someone more valuable. Someone's final contract year doesn't mean all that much anymore and $8.25M in savings is a rather decent chunk.

I think we were looking to have Nick Harris take his spot, but he's on IR and I don't know that anyone has seen enough of him to say that he's ready to step in. Unless Harris, or a rookie, step up big time next summer, I would bet on Tretter still being here. I doubt that he gets another contract here, though. He's plenty good enough, but we just need to start the process of getting less expensive and younger on the OLine, and Wyatt Teller is going to need a big contract soon, too.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 10/26/21 08:47 PM
I'm not one who tends to overvalue Browns players. But I certainly think Tretter is a player we could work out a trade with so we aren't forced to cut him while getting nothing in return.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/02/21 05:57 PM

Janovich back?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/02/21 06:17 PM
I would bet on Tretter still being here. I doubt that he gets another contract here, though. He's plenty good enough, but we just need to start the process of getting less expensive and younger on the OLine.

I wish they'd start the process of getting a Super Bowl Championship to the Cleveland Browns before..
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/02/21 07:42 PM
Maybe you should inform them that this should be their intended goal?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/02/21 08:17 PM

Janovich back?

I think I like Stanton better in that role. He is a far better pass receiver, and actually, a better runner as well.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/03/21 02:02 PM
I think so too. Stanton looks so much more athletic to me...like...not even close.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/03/21 05:25 PM
Anyone have a link for the live conferences today?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/03/21 08:50 PM
Anyone have a link for the live conferences today?

Baker, KS and other PC's are up on the Browns website.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/04/21 01:57 AM
I thought Baker’s PC was excellent
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/04/21 02:53 PM
j/c...

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/08/21 09:13 PM
JC.

Why Don't? The Browns throw to David Njoku, MORE OFTEN!

in relation, to throws to Hooper, and, Bryant, David Njoku, is clearly the better player, and better things happen for the Browns when they throw to him.

So they need to get the ball to David Njoku, more often.

What gives?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:04 PM
j/c...

Groan. Thanks John Kelly.

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:07 PM
j/c...

Groan. Thanks John Kelly.

Johnny Stanton SZN
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:08 PM
How long until D’Ernest tests positive?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:12 PM
As soon as Belicik pays off the lab tech.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:14 PM
Wow. So is there a chance they both play? Not sure how quickly you can test negative when you have Covid...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Wow. So is there a chance they both play? Not sure how quickly you can test negative when you have Covid...

If you’re vaccinated you can, theoretically, test negative pretty quickly. It is unlikely.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:18 PM

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:23 PM
Here is my Covid story:

My son got Covid from school. He’s five so he’s not vaccinated. We kept him in his room and outside for a few days. Eventually my wife (vaccinated in March) and daughter (not old enough for the vaccine) both got Covid. I, vaccinated in May, never got it.

Let’s hope D’Ernest has the same luck I had.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:25 PM
Passing game, anyone?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:26 PM
Are there any guys who were on our practice squad or that we cut during camp available? And/or guys that have played for Shanahan, Kubiak, McVay, and/or LaFleur?
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Passing game, anyone?

With D Johnson, we will still run it down new England’s throats.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:29 PM
woah. covid is ripping through the browns now. All RB's but Johnson has it and teller and possibly more.

hopefully, Garrett doesn't get it again. smh
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:34 PM
Alfred Morris.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:37 PM
Feels like Halloween parties are starting to pop up
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 05:39 PM
Alfred Morris.

That is not a name that I thought would be brought up today.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 06:07 PM

It’s possible that the Pats are missing their top two backs too.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns News & Notes (Continued) - 11/09/21 06:14 PM
Well this feel-good week only lasted a couple days. Hopefully we get Chubb back, if not D’Ernest can still tote the rock.
© DawgTalkers.net