Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend

Odell was wide open on three plays that I remember. Baker missed him badly.

Every quarterback will have a bad day. This one was Baker's.

Hunt in the endzone. Odell wide open three times. One would have sealed the game. He didn't throw to Felton for a wide open first down. He missed Bryant wide open.

Baker does not miss those kind of throws.

He was tight. Looked like he was pressing all day. His normal throwing rhythm was just not there.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

- Baker easily had his worst game of the season. He was wildly off so often. That Minneapolis nightlife will get you!

Not to mention all the wind and cold up there.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes I know it was in a dome

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: boofers20
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

People bashing Stephanski? Why? Because the quarterback couldn't hit the broad side of a barn today? I thought the play calling was good, the execution in the pass game was putrid.

We're bashing KS because he gets cute and passes up sure points in the 1st quarter, having that extra 3 points would've been great today.

Kick it early, go for it late!

While I understand the sentiment I’d much rather have an aggressive head coach than not.

Who let the Dawgs out???
P
Legend
Legend
P
Every QB has an off day this was Bakers yet we won thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Possibly Baker's worst day in a Browns Uni. The game wouldn't have been close if Baker was as accurate as his earlier games this year. Hope he figures this out quickly. I like that he has already owned his woeful play.

The good news is we beat a really good team with poor play calling and atrocious QB play. It can only get better. 1 bad game does not a bust make.

Defense was immense. After the first drive I was like, are we going to revert to pre Chi? But .... THAT was the D I think everyone was envisioning when we reshuffled the deck in the offseason. Smothering D for large sections of the game and then we blitzed at the right time - and unlike the offensive play calling, calls on D seemed timely and ahead of their offense.

Good win against a bad team when our O was ugly at times. Overall another step in the right direction.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Baker had to be playing injured. The inaccuracy was very unusual for him.

Our defense is legit. I really enjoy them.

Our kicker is money!

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

One more thing to add-- Wasn't impressed overall with the online performance. Granted, MIN has some good players on the line, but still, they struggled.

Tackles are tackles.
J
Legend
Legend
J
The defense was awesome. Exactly what I had hoped for during the off-season.

Baker was terrible today. There is no way that an injury is not hindering him. He is not that inaccurate. I don’t believe for a minute that something isn’t affecting him. That said, and I love Stefanski, he called a very poor game today.

We will continue to improve. I have faith in this team to get better.

Legend
Legend
BM is telling you something on two or three plays today like you mention: He doesn't trust his arm, he can't trust his arm, and he shouldn't trust his arm. Something is wrong when he skips a simple throw to open men for first down to get sacked or tackled. I think I counted at least five passes way out of reach which were jump balls admittedly, but out of play. In replays, BM is not spinning it well when he was accurate earlier in the season. His stroke wobbles a bunch and he is really straining and muscling the throw. He and Ski should realize before next week that his arm is marginal and it was bad enough to lose, so it is dumb to force passes to OBJ. We need five, so don't go for 30 with this arm.
Thank the Elf we had run today. And Higgins. And Hunt. And we carried Ward and survived. This was a quality win that was uglier than I expected. But, hey, it's a notch! Go, Browns!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
It's not one bad day for Baker. He hasn't been good since the 3rd quarter of game 1.

And his accuracy is an urban myth. He hasn't been very accurate since he got into the league, including being one of the worst deep ball passers in the league. Cannot hit the deep ball to save his life and when he does they are never on target. Receivers can never just catch them and run in.

But my biggest gripe is he continues to play his worst when it matters the most. So many opportunities to seal the game.

Imagine had he connected with obj on that last deep pass to seal the game. Imagine what that would have done for his confidence and objs mood. Obj was clearly frustrated today. Could have gone a long way to them "gelling".

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Quote:
- Denzel Ward had another bad performance although he had a huge pass def. towards the end of the game.

This comment is ridiculous. He made many plays all day. He gave up a couple pass plays. That happens to all CBs.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If this team can get the O, Baker, KS and the D playing 4 quarters they will be impressive. So be impressive.

Joe Thomas #73
R
Legend
Legend
R
j/c:

One more thing to add-- Wasn't impressed overall with the online performance. Granted, MIN has some good players on the line, but still, they struggled.

I think this is simply the difference between hunting and being the hunted. Teams get up to play the Browns now.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Jets beat the Titans. Giants beat the Saints. Chicago beat Detroit by 10.

No game is a sure thing in the NFL.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
It's not one bad day for Baker. He hasn't been good since the 3rd quarter of game 1.

And his accuracy is an urban myth. He hasn't been very accurate since he got into the league, including being one of the worst deep ball passers in the league. Cannot hit the deep ball to save his life and when he does they are never on target. Receivers can never just catch them and run in.

But my biggest gripe is he continues to play his worst when it matters the most. So many opportunities to seal the game.

Imagine had he connected with obj on that last deep pass to seal the game. Imagine what that would have done for his confidence and objs mood. Obj was clearly frustrated today. Could have gone a long way to them "gelling".
I don't understand why we were throwing it 30 when we needed 5

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Regardless, the plays were there. Poor execution by the QB. Throws no professional QBs should miss.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Baker was terrible today. There is no way that an injury is not hindering him.

Will not be at all surprised if he has surgery on his left shoulder in the off season for a torn labrum as a result of the dislocated shoulder.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

1) That defense is for real. They Vikes scored on their first, well-scripted drive. And the defense pitched a shut-out after that. There were questions after the Bears game, but that was a good offense they dominated today.

2) I'm thinking that left shoulder injury 2 games ago might be affecting Baker's throwing motion. His accuracy is nowhere near what it was 2 games ago.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc

Each game Jok and Delpit show that they are the real deal.
Greedy seemed to have a nice game.

Can't see Harrison getting resigned, unless it is a team friendly contract. He is a solid to good player when on the field but doesn't seem to be able to stay on the field.

Malcolm Smith has filled in quite nicely since the Walker injury

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Regardless, the plays were there. Poor execution by the QB. Throws no professional QBs should miss.
. Yes it was a terrible throw, something you and leadtheway can't wait to point out! Regardless!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Oh yes, JOK and Delpit are VERY good for our team. What a great variable they bring

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Literally just watched Big Ben overthrow a wide open JuJu for a TD.

Is it frustrating? Yes. Does it happen? Quite a bit to every QB.

And yes, Baker was off today overall. Bottom line, we won today

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
Greedy seemed to have a nice game.

I meant to mention this. Greedy did have a nice game. And not just the pick.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

What about Baker when pressured? He isn't very good under pressure.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask

Roethlisberger is terrible. Baker should not be.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Again.. QBs have bad games but as some point out. He could have a few great games and you haters say nothing. The minute he had 1 bad throw you can't wait to point it out!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
- Denzel Ward had another bad performance although he had a huge pass def. towards the end of the game.

This comment is ridiculous. He made many plays all day. He gave up a couple pass plays. That happens to all CBs.

He had the late game pass def (already mentioned) and I forgot about the QB hit, but thought Jefferson had his number all day long. He also was late to their only TD (to Jefferson) and was even visibly mad at himself for it.

The larger sample size of Ward far outweighs his recent, IMO, poor play. But it has been there.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He had the late game pass def (already mentioned) and I forgot about the QB hit, but thought Jefferson had his number all day long. He also was late to their only TD (to Jefferson) and was even visibly mad at himself for it.

The larger sample size of Ward far outweighs his recent, IMO, issues. But they have been there.

I thought he was mad at our safety who was supposed to have inside leverage.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Odell was wide open on three plays that I remember. Baker missed him badly.

He should have gone elsewhere with the ball, so OBJ does not whiff on a one-handed catch...

But I admit, Baker was off all day. I'm telling you, it's either because Landry is out or OBJ is in...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
The announcer call the Browns the Guardians was an intentional mistake.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Quote:

The larger sample size of Ward far outweighs his recent, IMO, issues. But they have been there.

I thought he was mad at our safety who was supposed to have inside leverage.

If only it was only one bad throw

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Agreed.

But every QB misses wide open throws every once in while. It might not happen every game, but they all do it.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Agreed.

But every QB misses wide open throws every once in while. It might not happen every game, but they all do it.

Baker has missed multiple wide open guys two games in a row. I have faith he’ll improve.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: teedub
The announcer call the Browns the Guardians was an intentional mistake.

Right. He actually said "Guardians and the Twins."

Wasn't funny, but was intentional.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Bottom line, the Browns won. Give the victory to the d or the o, or anywhere in between. Cleveland is flying home with a W. That's all that matters.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Bottom line, the Browns won. Give the victory to the d or the o, or anywhere in between. Cleveland is flying home with a W. That's all that matters.

Actually to some being critical is all that matters

Last edited by Moxdawg; 10/03/21 06:20 PM.

Legend
Legend
I said it last week with a sample size of one, but I'll reiterate it now: This Defense is LEGIT.

That is one Hell of an offense they just shut down, and one Hell of a run game they crushed. They are FUN to watch!

That offense of ours, though, looks completely disjointed and out of tune.
The QB is sailing WAY too many passes high, and has been for weeks.
Today, he sailed them high and just blatantly failed to pull the trigger on several wide open throws.... which makes me think that HE didn't think he could get the ball there. There is more going on there than we know.
The OLine is giving it their all, but they're ambulatory. We *really* miss Hubbard's abilities. Having both OT's and the C so banged up hurts. Having to go to our 3rd string OT when Wills has to go out REALLY hurts.
Get well soon, Hubs!

If the offense can get healthy and the defense can stay healthy and both units play to their capabilities, this IS our year to hoist the Lombardi. Both units are just THAT GOOD when healthy.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Vikings 7 Post Game Thoughts!!

Link Copied to Clipboard