Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
I enjoy reading these grades and even post them when I see them before they are posted on the board. That being said they are pretty worthless at times. Malik McDowell getting a 44.2 is laughable. Guy was collapsing the pocket on almost every play. I should add he was held quite a bit as well.

In the run game I don't recall him getting blown off the ball or any big runs up the middle. I'll have to re-watch the game to see how he did against the run.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I forgot to mention Hudson. Got a raised eyebrow outta me to see him out there instead of Hance, but other than a couple mental/rookie mistakes I didn't see anything especially bad outta him.

We gotta get Wills healthy. Having to get another MRI is not good. Hubbard needs to get healthy. We're going against a Bosa next weekend.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
PFF certainly not the be all, end all.

They graded McDowell a 65.6 as a pass rusher and below 30 as a tackler.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I enjoy reading these grades and even post them when I see them before they are posted on the board. That being said they are pretty worthless at times. Malik McDowell getting a 44.2 is laughable. Guy was collapsing the pocket on almost every play. I should add he was held quite a bit as well.

In the run game I don't recall him getting blown off the ball or any big runs up the middle. I'll have to re-watch the game to see how he did against the run.

Dalvin Cook was shut down to the point of having only 34 yards, and they had a mere 65 yards as a team.
I'd say he did just fine, lol... I don't need a PFF grade for that one smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Hudson did have the one terrible penalty, but i didnt notice him after that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
PFF certainly not the be all, end all.

They graded McDowell a 65.6 as a pass rusher and below 30 as a tackler.

I don't believe there is a man Guard or Center that can handle him one on one. He gets double teamed on every single play the guy is unbelievable IMO.

If not for him I think I would be questioning Berry's sanity in letting Richardson get away.

As of the moment this guy hit the field he was the BEST tackle in the league well maybe there is just one better....

When you look this defense over we have a lot of best in league players that is why when they started working together better this defense simply exploded.

I am sure they will have times when they make mistakes but Man O Man are they ever good, I don't think I ever dreamed we would ever have a defense that plays at this level.

The mix of talent is at every level and one helps feed the other. This unit is the very best I have ever seen, soon the heads will be talking about them and the elite level of play they are at.

When the Browns kick Garret or Clowney inside and bring in Takk they are the best front four pass attack in the NFL, there isn't any team that even comes close.

By the time the playoffs come we will be favored to win it all because of the balance we have, and because we can sustain injury and keep on beating the hell out of other teams.

We have a tough opponent this week and Herbert gets the ball out quickly, if we can do what we did to Cuz and I have every reason to believe we will that young man is in for a very long afternoon.

The bar other teams play at is being set by the Browns. Again I say the pieces are in place for us to be the next great NFL dynasty.

There will undoubtedly be afternoons when for some reason or another we aren't playing to our standard but I truly see us as being unstoppable on both sides of the ball.

Enjoy the ride it is bound to be very special for years to come.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Did any of you happen to watch the pre-game last week with Joe Thomas?

If you did what did you think about the Steve Smith dissing Joe?

I honestly think I would have punched him in the mouth. I thought about writing to the NFL network to get his sorry ass fired.

And Joe took it there are things and places you just don't go too, and he went way to far....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Could Kareem Hunt play Linebacker on the back side spying Lamar Jackson with the entire defense pursing from one side, and leaving open an escape route trap, right into the arms of Kareem Hunt. To stop Lamar Jackson scrambles.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bonefish

For myself. I don't like to speculate on that kind of thing.

However, Odell was an established player when Baker came into the league.

As a younger player there is something to prove. You want to earn the respect of the stars.

But Baker and Odell have been teammates for going on two years now. They have spent time together outside of Berea. They have been in the same system.
Baker has thrown to Odell a lot at practice. We should begin to see them in sync.

Could it be the coach needs to get in sync with those guys?

Sunday the O-line was a bit shaky in it's protection. Bakers seemed untrusting of the line, and I can see why.

To help build chemistry between the players, maybe a few more quick type plays and less slower developing plays is in order?

We also have to consider that with Landry out, teams can double OBJ more or slide some protection his way in a zone D.

I can't say for sure about past games, but Sunday, Baker was uneasy in the pocket. He was under a lot of pressure.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Jordan Elliott did not play.

He is on the IR.

Legend
Legend
Browns’ offensive snap counts, stats, and notes: Week 4
Cleveland manages a win despite only putting 14 points on the board.

By Chris Pokorny

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/4/22708914/browns-offensive-snap-counts-stats-and-notes-week-4

Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on offense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 4 game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Quarterback
Pos Player Plays % Stats
QB Baker Mayfield 78 100% 15-of-33 (45.5%) for 155 yards. 2 rushes, 11 yards.

It’s OK to say that Baker Mayfield had an awful game in terms of accuracy, without having to question whether he’s worthy of being the team’s future franchise quarterback. Mayfield has had a lot of terrific performances over the past year, and yet I saw way too many fans questioning his long-term status with the team. My reaction to reading those takes was, “Where the hell did that come from?”
Back to the game itself: it was one of the worst games I’ve seen from Mayfield regarding his accuracy, which contrasted what we saw in the first two weeks. I still believed that his decision-making was solid, which is what I’m more concerned with, except for one play in the second half in which he inexplicably decided to try running on third down when RB Demetric Felton was wide open in the flat.
Even though the Browns’ offensive line has still been very good, I think we’re seeing Mayfield getting just a hair skittish at times, thanks to the left tackle situation.

Running Back
Pos Player Plays % Stats
RB Kareem Hunt 41 53% 14 carries, 69 yards (4.9 YPC), 1 TD. 2 catches, 17 yards (4 targets).
RB Nick Chubb 37 47% 21 carries, 100 yards (4.8 YPC). 1 catch, 5 yards (1 target).
FB Andy Janovich 5 6% 1 2-point conversion.

The running backs played at a high caliber, yet again. Nick Chubb churned his way for 100 yards rushing, while Kareem Hunt had 69 yards. Funny enough, Cleveland’s two biggest run plays came on “give up draw plays,” the first of which was a 33-yard scamper by Hunt that helped set up the team’s field goal heading into the half.
Per PFF, “Both backs were effective shrugging off would-be tacklers, as Chubb and Hunt collected 61% and 66.7% of their yards after contact, respectively.”
Andy Janovich played just 5 snaps, but he also played a rep on the two-point conversion attempt, which he caught in the flat.

Wide Receiver
Pos Player Plays % Stats
WR Odell Beckham 62 79% 2 catches, 27 yards (7 targets). 1 rush, 4 yards.
WR Donovan Peoples-Jones 46 59% No stats registered.
WR Rashard Higgins 41 53% 4 catches, 63 yards (7 targets).
WR Anthony Schwartz 15 19% 0 catches (1 target).
WR Demtric Felton 6 8% 2 catches, 12 yards (2 targets).

I’d be lying if the “chemistry” issues between Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham weren’t creeping into my head again. I’ve made my stance clear before: I don’t think it’s Beckham’s fault, and I don’t place a lot of blame on Mayfield. However, I do feel that Mayfield still doesn’t play as loose mentally when Beckham is on the field.
The reason you don’t cast Beckham aside is that it’s on Mayfield to get better, because we saw several opportunities on Sunday that could have been touchdowns between the pair. One of them was on the last offensive series, when Beckham continued streaking but Mayfield claims he wanted him to stop in the open area.
It’s a bit weird that Donovan Peoples-Jones is seeing so many snaps, was the star of training camp, and yet he only has 4 catches for 57 yards on the year.
Rashard Higgins remains the security blanket for Mayfield, catching 4 passes for 63 yards. It’s telling that when Mayfield throws the ball to Higgins, the ball is sharp and on point.

Tight End
Pos Player Plays % Stats
TE Austin Hooper 56 72% 1 catch, 11 yards (5 targets).
TE David Njoku 52 67% 2 catches, 17 yards (2 targets).
TE Harrison Bryant 29 37% 1 catch, 3 yards (2 targets).

Mayfield couldn’t connect with his tight ends either on Sunday. He targeted Austin Hooper five times, but only connected with him once.
For the second week in a row, Harrison Bryant was wide open on a deep flag pattern, but Mayfield sailed the pass to him.

Offensive Line
Pos Player Plays % Stats
OL Joel Bitonio 78 100%
OL JC Tretter 78 100%
OL Wyatt Teller 78 100%
OL Jack Conklin 78 100%
OL Jedrick Wills 57 73%
OL James Hudson 21 27%
Joel Bitonio was the Browns’ highest-graded player with a grade of 90.9.

Although the group’s effort in the run was praised, PFF says the Browns’ pass-rush was “less proficient in pass protection, allowing 20 pressures — including three sacks.”
Jedrick Wills limped off again, this time after playing 73% of the game. The surprising aspect this week was that James Hudson, not Blake Hance, replaced him. The reason given was that with Wills not practicing lately, Hudson has had a lot more practice reps and has improved. He did have a false start penalty that prevented the Browns from attempting a 4th-and-2 late in the game.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Browns’ defensive snap counts, stats, and notes: Week 4
Lights. Out.

By Chris Pokorny

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/4/22708915/browns-defensive-snap-counts-stats-and-notes-week-4

Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on defense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 4 game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Defensive Line
Pos Player Plays % Stats
DL Myles Garrett 61 91% 3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined). 0.5 sack, 2 TFL, 4 QH.
DL Malik Jackson 51 76% 2 assists (2 combined). 1 QH, 2 passes defended.
DL Jadeveon Clowney 49 73% 1 assist (1 combined).
DL Malik McDowell 44 66% 1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined). 1 QH.
DL Takk McKinley 38 57% 1 tackle (1 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QH.
DL Jordan Elliott 15 22% No stats registered.
DL Joe Jackson 5 7% No stats registered.
DL Andrew Billings 5 7% No stats registered.

Wow, what can you say? As I said in my post-game recap, I considered this game a far more impressive defensive performance than the previous week. While the Browns brought pressure from different directions at times, the front four consistently won in the trenches and made Kirk Cousins uncomfortable.
Myles Garrett was the Browns’ highest-graded defender, grading out to a 90.2. Garrett logged 7 pressures on Kirk Cousins and had a high impact in not allowing him to settle in. Jadeveon Clowney had a quiet day on the stat sheet, but was still a force — he was the Browns’ third-highest graded defender with a grade of 81.4.
It was great to see Malik Jackson sway two passes down late in the game. He and Malik McDowell have combined to shatter my expectations for the team’s defensive front, and they are a big reason that Cleveland has the best run defense in the NFL.

Linebacker
Pos Player Plays % Stats
LB Malcolm Smith 51 76% 6 tackles, 2 assists (8 combined). 1 TFL.
LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 35 52% 5 tackles, 2 assists (7 combined).
LB Sione Takitaki 24 36% 2 tackles, 1 assist (3 combined).
LB Elijah Lee 14 21% 2 tackles (2 combined).
LB Mack Wilson 11 16% No stats registered.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was all over the field again. Even though he only graded out to a 75.8, the eye test passed with flying colors for him again.
Once again, I also liked what I saw from veteran Malcolm Smith. I haven’t seen enough of Anthony Walker to say who is a better fit for Cleveland once Walker returns, but all I know is that right now, the defense just turned in two lights out performances with Smith in there.
Sione Takitaki returned from injury and logged 3 tackles. Mack Wilson’s playing time is now minimal.

Cornerback
Pos Player Plays % Stats
CB Greedy Williams 67 100% 4 tackles, 2 assists (6 combined). 1 INT, 1 pass defended.
CB Denzel Ward 66 99% 2 tackles, 2 assists (4 combined). 0.5 sack, 2 QH, 1 pass defended.
CB Troy Hill 42 63% 2 tackles, 2 assists (4 combined). 1 TFL, 1 pass defended.
CB A.J. Green 1 1% 1 tackle (1 combined).

I’ve dumped on Greedy Williams quite a bit, and although he still has more to prove, he delivered a solid game against the Vikings, including snagging the first interception of the season off of Kirk Cousins. On top of that, Williams was graded an 86.4 by PFF, the second-highest mark on defense.
Troy Hill had his best game with the club, even though he had a pass interference penalty in the fourth quarter that helped extend the game. Per PFF, Hill “saw a team-high six targets, yet surrendered just two catches for 20 yards and forced a game-high two incompletions.”
A.J. Green played one snap and allowed a sideline catch (the play that Kevin Stefanski challenged). However, I don’t know if you can really complain about Green’s coverage, that was just a terrific catch by the receiver that was well-contested.

Safety
Pos Player Plays % Stats
S John Johnson 67 100% 2 tackles (2 combined). 1 QH.
S Grant Delpit 65 97% 2 assists (2 combined).
S M.J. Stewart 24 36% 3 tackles (3 combined).
S Ronnie Harrison 2 3% 1 tackle (1 combined).

Ronnie Harrison was ruled out early on due to the concussion protocol (which he’s already been cleared of). I swear that Harrison holds the record for the most games in which he starts, only to get injured or ejected within the first two snaps.
Harrison’s departure allowed Grant Delpit to shine. Delpit played a career-high 65 snaps (97%), and was most remembered for the diving pass breakup he made in the second half — the stat was negated by a roughing the passer penalty away from the ball.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Harrison certainly has had a handful of games where he’s taken out of it very early (and for crazy reasons)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Before this game I posted that this game should give us a real measure of the defense.

First game Chiefs away. Tough game for a new defense.

Second game Texans. Tyrod went down. He was playing well. A rookie came in and we got to him.

The Bears were unprepared for our defense. Fields was put into a bad position by a horrible game plan.

The Vikings came in hot on offense. Cousins was throwing 73% completion rate. 8TD's 0 ints. Had not thrown a int. in 200 plays. Zimmer said their offense was playing better than he had ever seen. They are a talented offense all the way around.

First drive they came right down the field.

After that they never had a chance. The Browns suffocated them. Swarmed to the ball. Pushed the pocket. Applied constant pressure. Stopped their runners. Covered their receivers. Got the big turnover.

Unreal effort by the defense against a top offense.

Every player on the defense played well. Big games from a bunch of players.

Myles, JOK, Ward, McDowell, M Jackson, JJ3, Clowney, Greedy, Hill, Delpit.

I mean damn they were amazing. This is a big deal. It was the fourth game. The defense is improving each game.

When you play defense at this level. You automatically are in the game. The offense has to protect the ball and make a few plays.

The luxury the Browns have is their ability to run the ball. No team can do what we can do running the football.

KS and AVP will fix the offense. Baker will play better.

After four games the Browns are in great shape. We are not to beat up on injuries. Jarvis will be back for the Cardinals.

There are some things to clean up but nothing that can not be done.

I wonder a little about Baker in the pocket. They mis-direction roll outs have been taken out. Maybe because there is a bunch of tape that is now out there and defenses have adjusted. Baker seems to be more on target when moving and out of the pocket.

He feels pressure from the LT. When he climbs the pocket. He is not resetting with confidence. He hurries.

He needs to slide to open space under control and trust what he sees.

IMO Baker will work his way out. He knows what has to be fixed. He will work to correct the problems.

So, in conclusion. I feel great. We are actually better than what I thought. Because I was not sure the defense would be this good so quickly.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

I honestly think I would have punched him in the mouth. I thought about writing to the NFL network to get his sorry ass fired.

And Joe took it there are things and places you just don't go too, and he went way to far....

I missed it. Who said what?
Steve Smith, the receiver? What did he say??

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Small correction to the article: we are not the NFL best Run Defense (yet).

We are 3rd Best Run Defense.
We are the Best Run Offense.

For all of us old timers around here, we FINALLY Run the Ball and Stop the Run.

We just so happen to be 3rd Best Passing Defense, too.
We are the 7th Worst Passing Offense.

Browns is the Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Hudson did have the one terrible penalty, but i didnt notice him after that

If memory serves me, most of his gaffes came at the RT spot in preseason and not the LT spot.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good catch

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

He is on the IR.

Elliot has played in all 4 games this year.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Running on memory but he said Joe sucked and shouldn't be listened to because the Browns were so bad when he was there and on and on. Had my blood boiling Joe Thomas is a shoe in 1st vote HOF and Steve Smith won't get within sniffing distance of the HOF.

And he had the guts to say crap like that to Joe's face and nice guy Joe let him get away with it. Some things you just don't do he crossed the line. At the least I would have let Steve know you crossed the line back up.... But Joe just smiled but I am sure he was boiling, I would not let anyone go there with me, not after the career Joe had. Not after all the pain he suffered through and showed every week no matter what.

It was the most classless thing I have ever witnessed. here sits a man who gave everything he had for a team that sucked and he came out the best maybe ever to play his spot to disrespect Joe for how he poured his guts out every single time he hit the field, no way....I would have broken his jaw.

He was a classless player and now as a commentator he has brought his classlessness to the booth. A real POS.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know, Steve Smith was a darn good receiver. I think he has a chance at the HOF.

As to any knock on Joe, I didn't hear it. I don't know how serious he was and how much it was a poke in the ribs.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
We can agree that Steve Smith is awful on that show. Can't believe he hasn't been replaced yet. Very hard to listen to in general. Brings almost nothing to the show.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The only thing wrong with Joe Thomas is he had the misfortune of having played on bad teams because the organization that ran it was so poorly run. Joe should get a medal for putting up with it his whole career. What a tremendous waste of talent.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I didn't hear it, and I couldn't find it in Google searches, but what I did find is quite a few instances of them clowning around with each other.

I don't think subtlety is tool SS has honed yet.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
he was good, but he wasn't THAT good. He definitely wasn't Great.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

I was thinking of Jacob Phillips.

Forgot about the DT Elliott.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Sunday the O-line was a bit shaky in it's protection. Bakers seemed untrusting of the line, and I can see why...

I can't say for sure about past games, but Sunday, Baker was uneasy in the pocket. He was under a lot of pressure.

The o-line has looked good in run blocking all year but this is the 2nd game that they looked shaky in pass protection - JMO
I think your point about Baker trusting his o-line is a profound one. Seems to me that when Baker feels the line is going to give him good protection that he does well, even on those plays that he gets pressured. But in games that he doesn't trust the o-line he struggles, even on plays where they give him great protection.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For what it's worth I thought well he is just joking but it sure didn't come off that way in the end. The more he said the further he went...

You can't get up in a guy likes Joe's face after he played his heart out for awful teams and showed every single week every single snap. Not even joking would I go there. I am sure it hurt Joe....

Made my blood boil. Oh and I didn't imagine it, it happened I watched it turned it off after that like I said I was pissed....

Oh and Smith won't get a whiff of the HOF.............

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

M
Legend
Legend
M

He is on the IR.

Are you confusing Jordan Elliott with Jacob Phillips?

Jordan Elliott is not on the IR. He played in the game.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Running on memory but he said Joe sucked and shouldn't be listened to because the Browns were so bad when he was there and on and on. Had my blood boiling Joe Thomas is a shoe in 1st vote HOF and Steve Smith won't get within sniffing distance of the HOF.

And he had the guts to say crap like that to Joe's face and nice guy Joe let him get away with it. Some things you just don't do he crossed the line. At the least I would have let Steve know you crossed the line back up.... But Joe just smiled but I am sure he was boiling, I would not let anyone go there with me, not after the career Joe had. Not after all the pain he suffered through and showed every week no matter what.

It was the most classless thing I have ever witnessed. here sits a man who gave everything he had for a team that sucked and he came out the best maybe ever to play his spot to disrespect Joe for how he poured his guts out every single time he hit the field, no way....I would have broken his jaw.

He was a classless player and now as a commentator he has brought his classlessness to the booth. A real POS.

It's part of their schtick. It' Steve Smith being the same player he was on the field on the camera. Trash talker.

Joe Thomas didn't give it a second thought.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cle23

He is on the IR.

Elliot has played in all 4 games this year.

I think the original poster was thinking of Jacob Phillips, who is on IR.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
That's what I get for not reading the whole thread before responding. crazy

In other observations from YTown, the sky is blue. notallthere

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
The only thing wrong with Joe Thomas is he had the misfortune of having played on bad teams because the organization that ran it was so poorly run. Joe should get a medal for putting up with it his whole career. What a tremendous waste of talent.

I agree. I never said there was. I don't think anyone does, thus any comments made by Smith make me believe the comments were more for show impact....kind of like Sharpe and Bayless....kind of a point counterpoint type deal, but again, I didn't see the show.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Dalvin Cook was shut down to the point of having only 34 yards, and they had a mere 65 yards as a team.
I'd say he did just fine, lol... I don't need a PFF grade for that one smile

He was also injured, barely practiced last week, and didn't play in Week 3. Yes, he only had 34 yards...that's because he only carried the ball 9 times. I think we dodged a bullet not having to play against a 100% Dalvin Cook. I'm super worried about Ekeler this week as they are somewhat similar in how they are used.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Ekeler is his own challenge. He's smaller and shiftier. It will be a test.
Until these last two weeks, however, he wasn't doing diddly. I don't know why or what the story there is, but his production was crap the first two weeks and they had no run game at all. Hopefully, we can send them back to that.

Cook is what he is, and he was good enough to go, and he averaged 3.4 per carry. I don't think we dodged anything. I think we ran headlong into all of it and did just fine.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Cook got hurt during the game. There was a stretch where he wasn't available.

We were also without Ronnie Harrison for most of the game and Walker has been out. IMO speculating on how things would go if certain individuals were healthier heading into the game is kinda pointless. Cook had a couple nifty runs/moves, and the coaches seemed to think that having him as the #1 was still their best play.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

It's part of their schtick. It' Steve Smith being the same player he was on the field on the camera. Trash talker.

Joe Thomas didn't give it a second thought.

If that is is schtick he needs a punch in the face to go with it.

No there are things even with best friends who break balls don't do I saw it as hurtful cheap and classless.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ekeler is probably the best back we will have faced this season.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
266 that is how many yards the Browns have given up on the ground to start the season.

That is the least number of yards the Browns have ever given up to start a season.

Not a big deal right? Think about all the truly great teams the Browns have fielded in their 75 year history and this is the BEST EVER.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Legend
Legend

I am glad I did not see that.

I liked Smith as a player.

But from reading that I would have been pissed.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Vikings 7 Post Game Thoughts!!

Link Copied to Clipboard