Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Or he quit .... one or the other ....

Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders coach after more leaked emails reveal homophobic language - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon-g...age-per-report/

Jon Gruden is out as the Raiders' head coach, and it's by his own doing. NFL Media reports that Gruden has informed his staff he is resigning from his position in the wake of leaked emails in which he repeatedly used insensitive language.

Already under investigation by the NFL for a 2011 email in which he used a racial trope to criticize NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith, Gruden admitted Friday that he also used profane language to describe NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. According to The New York Times, however, Gruden's questionable conduct extended far beyond those comments, with Ken Belson and Katherine Rosman reporting Monday that the 58-year-old "casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language" to denigrate NFL peers from 2010 all the way to 2018, when he rejoined the Raiders.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed the contents of emails and Gruden's resignation obtained by the Times, which were sent by the NFL to the Raiders for review. Gruden's initial comments regarding Smith, which first surfaced in a Wall Street Journal report and stemmed from a separate workplace investigation into Washington Football Team, are just one piece of a bigger issue at hand. The league was "waiting on the Raiders to take action," per La Canfora, and was prepared to "step in" if Las Vegas did not address the situation beyond public denouncement of Gruden's emails.

Among Gruden's uncovered emails, which were sent to former Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen, are messages criticizing the emergence of women as NFL referees, as well as profane or frustrated reactions to former Rams draft pick Michael Sam's entry to the NFL as an openly gay player, and league-wide tolerance of former 49ers safety Eric Reid protesting racism during the playing of the national anthem.

The emails, which span from 2010 until 2018, when the coach signed a 10-year deal with Las Vegas after years as a "Monday Night Football" analyst, include Gruden calling Goodell a "f-----" and "clueless anti-football p----," criticizing Goodell for allegedly pressuring then-Rams coach Jeff Fisher to draft "queers," and messages to Allen that featured photos of topless Washington Football Team cheerleaders.

More than 650,000 emails were reviewed by NFL executives as part of the workplace investigation in Washington, per The Times. Gruden, who did not immediately respond to a Times request for comment, has said publicly only that he doesn't remember seeing the messages about Smith, but that his language "went too far" and didn't hide the fact he doesn't have "a blade of racism."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
not surprising... he may have survived one bad email with a sincere apology.... after the rest of those emails there was no way he'd be able to stay a HC in the NFL.... don't think he's going to be hired as an analyst again either

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Jon Gruden has released the following statement: "I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone."

https://twitter.com/RyanWardNFL/status/1447742160564985856

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Urban Meyer puts his finger in a bootyhole

Jon Gruden — hold my beer

T
Legend
Legend
T
White people are not safe anywhere in America.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Not surprising. Gruden is a meathead. Game passed him by as it was.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I just lost my company for even reading this!

1 member likes this: myka
Milk Man #1892387 10/12/21 12:54 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I just lost my company for even reading this!

You have to switch to incognito mode when reading THROW LONG’s posts.

Legend
Legend
Welcome to the club, rookie.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We have such a weak fragile society. But he said bad words!

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
I love that your post was typed in a pink font.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Not surprising at this point

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Interesting that coming from you.

You want to add to that.

Clemdawg #1892434 10/12/21 08:48 AM
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I love that your post was typed in a pink font.

I guess troll vomit comes up pink?

[Linked Image]
GraffZ06 #1892484 10/12/21 11:15 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
We have such a weak fragile society. But he said bad words!

Obviously reality has passed you by. Let's recap shall we. How many people do you think you can offend and still remain solvent in the business world?

Let's list them shall we?

Blacks
Gays
Women

Since it's obvious you spell America, Murica, try using your brain for a second. The capitalist business model dictates you don't piZZ off a large portion of America. You don't bring consistent negative pressure and spotlight on your corporation and brand. That's exactly what Gruden did.

Stop blaming our country for the fact Gruden is a jack aZZ. Accountability doesn't mean that much to many people anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What ever happened to you are entitled to your opinion. Free speech has went out the window with these snowflakes.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
What ever happened to you are entitled to your opinion. Free speech has went out the window with these snowflakes.

No one told him he can’t have or voice his opinion. Man you people don’t understand what freedom of speech means in the Constitution.

He has his opinions. He gave voice to those opinions. No one stopped him.
His employer doesn’t agree with his opinions and is choosing to distance themselves from such rhetoric.
He’s not promised employment under the Constitution.

Go spew forth a bunch of racist/misogynist/homophonic garbage at your place of employment and see what happens.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
You are entitled to your opinion. And corporations are entitled to consider how your opinion impacts their bottom line.

It's funny how some people try to label being a decent human being as being a "snowflake" when really all it is, is making excuses for aZZholes.

You're free to say anything you want as long as you understand there may be consequences for the things you say. There is nothing in the constitution about protecting anyone's right to be an aZZhole.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Gruden was on the cusp of pretty much getting a complete pass on the DeMaurice Smith email. A single email can be excused with a sincere apology and even a half-hearted explanation. It also helped his case that it was a decade ago.

But many emails over a much longer period of time paints a very different picture. It speaks more to his overall character and beliefs. And what those emails have said is not pretty. Dude was forwarding nudes to team presidents, talking all racist and gay-bashing (isn't Nassib on the Raiders right now?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
PitDAWG #1892529 10/12/21 01:26 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Obviously reality has passed you by. Let's recap shall we. How many people do you think you can offend and still remain solvent in the business world?

Let's list them shall we?

Blacks
Gays
Women

You saying those ARE the people you are allowed to offend?

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

No one told him he can’t have or voice his opinion. Man you people don’t understand what freedom of speech means in the Constitution.

He has his opinions. He gave voice to those opinions. No one stopped him.
His employer doesn’t agree with his opinions and is choosing to distance themselves from such rhetoric.

Go spew forth a bunch of racist/misogynist/homophonic garbage at your place of employment and see what happens.

You are correct. But he didn't spew forth anything. He sent a private email to another person.

Has he done anything to suggest that he is - in fact - racist/misogynist/homophonic? Actions...not words in a private email.

Before heads explode: I'm not condoning what he said. What happened to accepting an apology? The incident(s) were from many years ago...correct?

Make heads explode: We have a nation that now has its "leaders" calling people racist when they have no idea what said person(s) think or do. It's become quite fashionable.

A nation was upended over a white cop killing a black man while making an arrest...then racist racist racist...yet there has still not been any investigation or evidence that what happened to Floyd was racially-motivated. Not a sliver.

Putting your head back together: I'm not saying the Floyd incident wasn't racially-motivated. I'm saying that we have no idea at this point. Only a white cop and a black man. If we can't figure out the motivation in that incident, how can we pin the fashionable names on a HC who sent stupid emails 7 years ago? How many people of color has he worked with since then? He coaches the only openly-gay player in the league. Maybe a suspension and investigation were in order first.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The issue is those emails became public. They're not private anymore.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1892536 10/12/21 01:47 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The issue is those emails became public. They're not private anymore.

He's a private citizen...and a jack donkey at that. I can't stand the guy. However, shared publicly or not...he sent those emails in private...not via Twitter or a message board...or Faceplant.

I don't have a care in the world about Gruden...I have very much care in the world on the direction this cancel-culture is taking...and the complete assumptions that are spewed as fact before any investigation takes place.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

The NFLPA is urging the NFL to release the rest of the emails in the Washington Football Team investigation after Jon Gruden's resignation.
https://twitter.com/usatodaynfl/status/1447984729358176256

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you don't believe that a corporation has the right to consider what one of their employees does, that creates a huge negative impact on their corporate image should have the right to act accordingly? Let's face it, Gruden didn't resign out of the goodness of his heart. And what is there really to investigate? Gruden hasn't denied any of it.

And you're really not the only one who has concerns. I'll explain what concerns me. What concerns me is that we now live in a society where anyone who expects others to be a decent human being, a responsible person, someone who isn't a downright nasty individual, they get what some consider a nasty label themselves. I'm not saying that's always the case. There are certainly cases which I think fit the description, but this isn't one of them.

Using terms like "cancel culture", "political correctness" and "snowflake" are turning out to be nothing more than excuses for terrible behavior and pardoning nasty behavior in cases such as this. This is actually a perfect example of it. Most of us, and I'm sure you would be included, were raised to be better people than the way Gruden conducted himself.

But now all we seem to get are excuses for it and people labeling others who only expect people conduct themselves as a decent human being. That's what concerns me.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

The Q in LGBT(Q) is queer(can also mean questioning but queer was first). So, how can it be derogatory if that is in fact what they want to be called?

My guess, lots of other emails were sent by Gruden that were not released and the NFL pressured him into resigning by releasing the "mild" emails first.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I can't actually post the word in question. but it starts with an F if that helps you.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1892547 10/12/21 02:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't actually post the word in question. but it starts with an F if that helps you.

I actually thought the F word was a swear word and the uproar was about pressuring Jeff Fisher to draft queers. Which, no one should be pressured to do/not do anything based on sexuality alone.

So, that makes a lot more sense now if that was what he said.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe it was the same email you are referring to but he used the word in other emails. I have seen no evidence that the league was trying to pressure Fisher into drafting anyone so I have no idea if that part was even true. But once you hear what was in an email where he talks about Godell I think you'll see clearly why he will never have a job in the NFL again.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
[quote=Day of the Dawg]

This is what so many do not get, or choose not to get. Getting fired is not a violation of your rights. There is no right to employment.

Employers have requirements as to conduct and behavior. One can choose not to adhere to them, but will lose their job. It is a free choice.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1892552 10/12/21 02:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't believe it was the same email you are referring to but he used the word in other emails. I have seen no evidence that the league was trying to pressure Fisher into drafting anyone so I have no idea if that part was even true. But once you hear what was in an email where he talks about Godell I think you'll see clearly why he will never have a job in the NFL again.

makes sense. I'll have to try and find the email.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Does anyone really want someone leading their organization when that person is evidently willing to prejudge people based on their appearance, gender, sexual orientation, etc.? How many people will be omitted because of these prejudices?

On top of that is the PR nightmare and the lack of respect with players.

cfrs15 #1892557 10/12/21 03:17 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Does anyone really want someone leading their organization when that person is evidently willing to prejudge people based on their appearance, gender, sexual orientation, etc.? How many people will be omitted because of these prejudices?

Everyone has prejudices and no one is perfect. If you are honest with yourself, I bet you have had many in your lifetime.

Sadly, it is human nature...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Everyone has prejudices and no one is perfect. If you are honest with yourself, I bet you have had many in your lifetime.

Sadly, it is human nature...

This is a true statement. I also don’t get paid $10 million per year to run a billion dollar organization that requires hiring and firing people.

Also, having prejudices and being racist, homophobic, and sexist are different. I have prejudices against food that smells weird but I’m not getting fired from for it.

PitDAWG #1892561 10/12/21 04:04 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

This. He was pretty much clear from that first email that circulated before. Yesterday evening, shortly before I got on the ice for a hockey game, word came out about more (a LOT more) emails spanning several years using the same language except in addition to racist statements there were also the other -ists as well. After I got off the ice, he had resigned.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
It’s easy: don’t say or write douche-y things, even if you believe them. If you act like a douchebag, don’t whine when it comes back to bite you.

This is not “cancel culture” this is called don’t be a douchebag.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Gruden certainly did wrong and got caught, regardless of the time that had passed. I'm just curious how he got caught. Anyone know?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Gruden certainly did wrong and got caught, regardless of the time that had passed. I'm just curious how he got caught. Anyone know?

Someone in the league had it out for him. My guess is they were trying to distract from any questions about the WFT investigation. Employees sharing topless pictures of cheerleaders is way worse than anything Gruden did and no one is talking about it.

PitDAWG #1892587 10/12/21 06:49 PM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I assume you have seen the Super Bowl entertainment for 22. Snoop dogg and two other names. Read the lyrics to their music and tell it is it the height of hypocrisy to entertain these misogynistic woman insulting “musicians” and give them the nfl stamp of approval while disassociating from gruden. Two faced phonies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Gruden fired.

Link Copied to Clipboard