Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
The other extreme being that Baker should singlehandedly overcome all obstacles, that if our defense gives up 58 points, Baker should score 60 or he's not good enough. That it doesn't matter if our punter drops the ball, we have fumbles, defensive blown coverages, poor officiating, questionable play calling, that Baker should overcome all of that or he's not good enough.

Why should any or this matter if you have the ball last and still control your own destiny whether you win or not?

I am convinced people do not watch other NFL games besides the Browns. I think the majority of this board looks at the Browns in a vacuum and has no idea how the NFL works.

You serious or is this sarcasm?

His viewpoint that the difference in the game was the offense scoring ONLY 42 instead of 48 or 49. Because we scored just over 40 points instead of just shy of 50, that was the reason we lost.

I'd love to know the difference in probability of a win when you score 48 vs 42.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Got it, rishuz, only you and a select few baker haters “know how the nfl works”. You should have used the purple font for sarcasm or maybe the baby blue font for bologna. Truthfully, anybody who thinks the last drive alone determines a successful quarterback doesn’t “know how the nfl works”. Anybody who blames a quarterback who produces 42 points in a game for the the loss because the d gave up 47 doesn’t “know how the nfl works”.

This franchise has been dead in the water for years and baker has led the turnaround. It will continue and all the whining you an you baker hating compadres do will not change that.

Legend
Legend

Like Baker called a draw on 3rd and 10 when two first downs gives you the win.

Complex plus lack of understanding equal wrong conclusions.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
After this loss, I think it's important to remember;

Don't panic.

I have my towel.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Alas and alack! We are awash in the long, dark tea time of the Soul. Don't panic! naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
The other extreme being that Baker should singlehandedly overcome all obstacles, that if our defense gives up 58 points, Baker should score 60 or he's not good enough. That it doesn't matter if our punter drops the ball, we have fumbles, defensive blown coverages, poor officiating, questionable play calling, that Baker should overcome all of that or he's not good enough.

Why should any or this matter if you have the ball last and still control your own destiny whether you win or not?

I am convinced people do not watch other NFL games besides the Browns. I think the majority of this board looks at the Browns in a vacuum and has no idea how the NFL works.

Why do you assume that if you're losing by 4-6 points under 2 minutes with no timeouts and you get the ball you will win?

What's the probability in said scenario? I would imagine it's not real high and below 50%. I don't really know. Then what's the probability for a top tier quarterback? I'd imagine it'll be a little higher.

I'd imagine with a minute and a half left no timeouts, we were at best 25% to win? So we win 1 out of 4 of those? How many games were we trailing in the final minute and a half and how many of those did we win? Was it 25%?

I don't know. I honestly haven't kept track of Baker's come from behind wins in the final minute. We know he's done it. I would also assume other top tier quarterbacks will lose these games as well, but I don't know. Does Tom Brady win every game he has the ball last under 2 minutes? What about aaron Rodgers? Mahomes? Wilson? Or even Manning or Brees?

Also, how good were the teams it's happened against? We know Baker did it vs the Bengals but that doesn't count because the Bengals were bad. Does Lamar doing it vs the Colts count or not because the Colts are bad. Just so many variables to consider....

Legend
Legend
Quote:
His viewpoint that the difference in the game was the offense scoring ONLY 42 instead of 48 or 49. Because we scored just over 40 points instead of just shy of 50, that was the reason we lost.

I'd love to know the difference in probability of a win when you score 48 vs 42.

It's not even the difference in probability. I'm sure the more points you score the greater the probability that you will win and that becomes diminishing once you get past a certain point, I would assume that point is somewhere near 40. You should win if you score more than 40 points.

If you spend the first 1/2-3/4 of the game building a 2+ score lead and then find yourself behind at the end needing to score on a short clock.. simple logic says you are going to lose some of those. We did it multiple times last year as well. We had leads, we allowed them to erode, we put ourselves in a crisis situation...

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I like how the Baker haters here and on TV can say Baker didn't prove he can win because he had a chance at the end and didn't deliver. On the 3 and out , 1st down we ran Hunt around side for a loss ( should have been Chubb up the middle) 2nd down was a pass (Bakers only chance to win) to Higgins where I'm told he was knocked down before the ball got there. 3rd down run by Hunt on 3rd and 10. Yeah BAKERS FAULT!!! SMH

Last edited by Moxdawg; 10/13/21 03:30 PM.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

Unless I missed someone bringing it up….2nd to last play of the 3rd quarter with 9 seconds left:

Did anyone see Takk McKinley absolutely destroy the OT trying to block him? Holy heck, he ran over the tackle, forced Herbert to throw it away and drove him to the ground.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
I like how the Baker haters here and on TV can say Baker didn't prove he can win because he had a chance at the end and didn't deliver. On the 3 and out , 1st down we ran Hunt around side for a loss ( should have been Chubb up the middle) 2nd down was a pass (Bakers only chance to win) to Higgins where I'm told he was knocked down before the ball got there. 3rd down run by Hunt on 3rd and 10. Yeah BAKERS FAULT!!! SMH

You missed the obvious, when coach doesn't let Baker throw on every down, it's because he doesn't trust him.

I think Kevin gets very predictable in those situations, shows no creativity... If you are going to throw, how about a screen pass on first down.. or a solid play action on first down when the entire other team is expecting run... we run on first down, then get into obvious passing situations and lose any advantage we might have had.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, let�s not do those different things again lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Well, let�s not do those different things again lol

+1 wink

Joe Thomas #73
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Browns DC Joe Woods said we did some different things with technique that led to busted coverages vs Chargers

If Woods made changes in how or who was going to be responsible for making defensive play calls, he should have made 100% sure that the players involved knew what they were supposed to be doing. Woods failed to do his job and it cost the Browns another loss.

I'm not liking the trend I'm seeing with HC/OC Stefanski making a bad call to run a draw play on 3rd and 10 late in the game....

...and now DC Woods admitting he made some changes, doing some "different things with technique", that led to the two busted coverages handing the Chargers two FREE TOUCHDOWNS.

This stupid crap from our coaches must stop or we can all forget about the playoffs and a shot at the SB..NOT GONNA HAPPEN IF THE BROWNS COACHING STAFF CONTINUES TO SCREWUP.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Where does the change in technique refer to a change in who is calling the defensive plays? Of course he had to change who was calling the defensive plays on the field because the usual play caller was injured and not on the field. But technique has nothing to do with who is calling the plays on the field.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Here's a thought.The DC might just be trying to cover for the boneheaded play of the 5th,6th and 7th corners.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would just love to hear which teams could play their 5th, 6th and 7th CB's and not see some boneheaded plays. This should be interesting.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Our CBs will be tested tomorrow against some very good WRs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Chargers 47 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard