Next Thread
Print Thread
#1894683 10/18/21 04:49 PM
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
This past weekend my wife, brother, and I went to the Pro Football HOF. I had gone there maybe 20 years ago with my son, and wasn't impressed all that much then. Over the last few years I had read about improvements and expansions at the hall and decided to go.

I am sorry to say it is still a rinky dink experience. When we got there on Saturday, the parking lot was maybe 1/4 full so we thought good, it won't be all that crowded. Wrong. It's still this miniature exhibit with a bad traffic flow. Seriously, it is almost embarrassing at how inadequate that place is to be the NFL HOF.

The NFL just needs to tear that place down and start over. The stadium looks great, but the hall itself is jammed in between the stadium and the interstate. It just isn't a good vibe when you walk in, and once in you are crammed in, the lighting is way too low, and as I said, no real flow in the building.

Save your money is my vote.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Never been and haven’t really had a desire to go, mostly because of reports like the one you just gave!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
I am sorry to say it is still a rinky dink experience.

Agreed. It is an extremely underwhelming experience.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
All the effort was put into the Hall of Fame gift shop to get you on the way out.

Legend
Legend
Sorry to hear that. We went there in the early 80's, (the year the colts moved to Indy) and I thought it was pretty cool. Doesn't sound like they've done much with the place since then.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Side note, the current HOF President just announced his upcoming retirement. Perhaps the new leader will have a refreshed approach moving forward.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I hope so, but I am not sure how much leadership helps. Maybe that is why the last person is calling it a wrap.

I am not sure how landlocked the current site is considering a interstate right at the front door. To me it looks like space is the big issue. Either way, the NFL needs to come up with some cash. I am not sure what they currently provide, but it can't be all that much. I think all the owners need to gather in Cooperstown and have a long look at the baseball HOF. That is a nice venue.

I am not saying it needs to move from Canton, but it sure needs to find a new place in Canton or surrounding area. They could continue to use the current stadium. Maybe there is room at the current location. If so, they need to get on the ball.

Ok...I was just looking at Google maps of the site. There are 4 blocks behind the HOF that have been razed. Maybe that is the space they have been talking about. If so, get'er done.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 10/19/21 07:57 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Have they updated the movie in the “experience” theater from the Broncos/Falcons super bowl?

Last edited by RememberMuni; 11/15/21 12:37 PM.
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Have they updated the movie in the “experience” theater from the Broncos/Falcons super bowl?

I don't remember. Maybe because I was more interested in sitting down and being near the end of the visit and thinking about lunch someplace.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Peen I literally live a 5 minute walk from the HOF.. I hate how they destroyed the neighborhood and cut off all the streets I used to drive. Wish I knew you was going, we could of met up...something different then meeting up at the tailgate !

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Peen I literally live a 5 minute walk from the HOF.. I hate how they destroyed the neighborhood and cut off all the streets I used to drive. Wish I knew you was going, we could of met up...something different then meeting up at the tailgate !

Would have been fun. My wife and i met up with my brother in Cleveland for the game. Saturday morning over breakfast we were tossing around things to do that day. It was raining a bit so we decided something inside was the thing to do and the HOF was where we landed. Nothing was planned, until it was, if that makes sense.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Pro Football HOF

Link Copied to Clipboard