Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It’s not so hilarious how some ‘conservtards’ act like donny isn’t going to be nominated by their party to run again in a couple years. And how you all act like he holds no power over you… yet you’ll gladly pull the handle for his stupid arse.

Hey Eve remember when we told you over an over and over and over that you could be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic of COVID and you got it and ended up ranting that no one told you?
Well we’re telling you donny is a dangerous idiot and your party is going to put him in power again. Don’t act like you weren’t warned this time. Though you’ll likely vote for him because the conservtard runs deep in you.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: mgh888
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man, what the hell is happening to people? Everyone is going crazy.

There seem to be all these great crusades. Everyone is seeking to destroy and disparage. So much manufactured fear and desperation.

I think his tweet captured it accurately. For whatever reason, the dynamic changed from "Hey, let's be friends, despite our differences" to "I will smite thee!"

It's the same dynamic that is tearing my family apart (birth family, not wife and kids).

In thinking about the nature and topic of this thread, I came to the realization that I have been more upset about what Republicans have become for two reasons: 1) Because they - the partisan politicians as a whole - have definitely gone off the deep end. The growing breed of people like MTG, Gaetz, Cruz, Hawley, Cawthorne, etc. has moved from fringe to front-and-center, and 2) Because I was a part of the Republicans in the past. I have often spoken about being conservative in its original sense, where working hard is what gets you rewarded, but you also don't rig the system for billionaires. Where you don't necessarily care about what other people are doing, as long as it doesn't impinge on other people's rights. Those ideals are long-gone in modern Republicans. Seeing what they have become has upset me because of my previous affiliation to them. It's like when you see your kid misbehaving vs other kids. You act out more harshly.

This mob mentality has taken over, and it's both sickening and extremely alarming. Liz Cheney was ousted from her spot because she voted her conscience, against her career ambitions. The former president has made it his personal vendetta to go after all the people of his same party who voted in a manner in which they saw fit. Anthony Gonzalez - who I knew as a really good dude in high school - is going to leave his post because of the mob mentality. "You're with us or against us." Is that really how our voting system should be designed to work. Should we have a party who is beholden to one man? Is that what our founding fathers strove for?

You see nomenclature like RINO - Republican in Name Only. How stupid is that? It's not a gang. It's not a club. It was founded as a collective grouping of people to collaboratively forge a conservative model of governing. Now, it's a corrupted organism where its members must fall in line or they will be buried.

I bet many people have forgotten, but after Trump was elected in 2016, OCD started a "Credit Given Where It's Due" thread that actually talked about all the policies Trump pushed for and signed off that OCD and other liberally-affiliated people on the board actually praised him for what he was doing, even though they were criticizing him in other threads.

So, what do we have now from the other side? We have a "Thanks Y'all!" thread which is so mind-numbingly childish. Pejoratives like "JoKe" from the same person that brought all of us "ObumA" where discourse with any opposing view is refused. Just wants to dish it out, but can't take it. Others joined in and the frenzy is on. But you know what, that's where that side has gotten. Nobody wants to hear something that might lead them to believe they are wrong. We all just want to be in our echo chambers and hear what we want and rile each other up who think like we do.

Oh well...carry on, Republicans.

Last edited by dawglover05; 10/26/21 09:52 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
It’s not so hilarious how some ‘conservtards’ act like donny isn’t going to be nominated by their party to run again in a couple years. And how you all act like he holds no power over you… yet you’ll gladly pull the handle for his stupid arse.

Hey Eve remember when we told you over an over and over and over that you could be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic of COVID and you got it and ended up ranting that no one told you?
Well we’re telling you donny is a dangerous idiot and your party is going to put him in power again. Don’t act like you weren’t warned this time. Though you’ll likely vote for him because the conservtard runs deep in you.

I have news for you. Trump isn't going to be re-elected. Stop shaking in your boots. The sky isn't falling. You don't need to curl up in the fetal position.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
He never said a damn thing about Trump being re-elected. HE SAID Trump will be the GOPer nominee... and all signs say he will.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
He never said a damn thing about Trump being re-elected. HE SAID Trump will be the GOPer nominee... and all signs say he will.

I see you need a news flash also. Conservative moderates don't like him, so it's not likely he will be the nominee. Stop shaking in your boots. It's like you give yourself a heart attack every five minutes. Sing Soft Kitty to yourself or something.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Legend
Legend
P
Conservative moderates didn't like him the first time. Your party keep catering to him. They keep promoting the big lie. He leads by a wide margin in every Republican poll to be your next nominee. Trying to claim that isn't what's happening is denying every form of evidence available. If you want to talk about who is really shaking in their boots, you need look no further than every Republican politician who doesn't have the stand to step up to him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Trump was - is and will remain the firm favorite to be the GOP nominee in the next election.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/politics/republican-party-presidential-nominee-odds/

He is very relevant in any discussion regards politics.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Book banning... smh. Republicans are killing themselves.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Book banning... smh. Republicans are killing themselves.

I know someone that would call it Communism if that was the Dems !

Unbelievable. Orwellian. Dictator State.

And the Trumpian supporters will cry and lay a narrative about the "left" having a cancel culture.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/21 11:46 AM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
BIGOTED GOP Rep - Society PLAGUED By Gay Marriage

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Sounds like they want to hide anything that makes them unconfortable..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
What Republicans have become? In Virginia, we have become winners!

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Cenk is a grifter
Won’t you ever learn this dude?
Find a better voice

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This is deplorable, guys... not to mention just insanely corny.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You would have to be mentally retarded and out of touch with reality to think that was a reasonable or good post. smh. Sickening.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ted Cruz Criticizes Big Bird Over COVID-19 Vaccine

Nov. 8, 2021 -- After Sesame Street’s Big Bird tweeted that he received the COVID-19 vaccine, Sen. Ted Cruz and other right-wing media figures criticized the character for promoting “propaganda” to children.

Sesame Street launched a promotional campaign during the past week after the COVID-19 vaccine was authorized for ages 5-11, according to Insider.

“I got the COVID-19 vaccine today! My wing is feeling a little sore, but it’ll give my body an extra protective boost that keeps me and others healthy,” Big Bird account posted on Saturday.

“Ms. @EricaRHill even said I’ve been getting vaccines since I was a little bird. I had no idea!” Big Bird wrote, referring to CNN journalist Erica Hill.

Several Sesame Street characters, including Big Bird, participated in a town hall event on CNN to answer questions from kids and families about the COVID-19 vaccine.

Big Bird’s post drew more than 258,000 likes and more than 16,000 comments by Monday morning. A response from Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was among them.

Cruz responded to the tweet, accusing Big Bird of promoting “propaganda.”

“Government propaganda ... for your 5 year old!” he wrote on Twitter.

Newsmax host Steve Cortes also responded, calling the Big Bird’s post “evil.”

“This kind of propaganda is actually evil,” he wrote in a tweet. “Your children are not statistically at risk, and should not be pressured into a brand new treatment. Do Not Comply!”

Other right-wing figures, including Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe and political commentator Michael Cernovich, also posted criticism about Big Bird’s comment. Several people, including Cruz, continued to post new comments about Big Bird throughout the weekend.

Although Sesame Street and Big Bird have faced criticism for promoting the COVID-19 vaccine, the show and character have long been involved in public health campaigns, Insider reported. In 1972, for instance, Big Bird participated in a segment telling children to “don’t wait -- vaccinate.”

Throughout the weekend, Twitter users also commented in support of Big Bird’s post about getting the COVID-19 vaccine. The account now has more than 247,000 followers, gaining more than 30,000 followers during the weekend.

President Joe Biden also replied on Sunday night.

“Good on ya, @BigBird,” his tweet said. “Getting vaccinated is the best way to keep your whole neighborhood safe.”

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211108/ted-cruz-big-bird-covid-vaccine

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Anything for attention, I suppose.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Bird brains ragging on a fictitious bird.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Republicans have become:

Oh my! Let me clutch my pearls and fake some outrage and victimhood, then maybe I can get back to ushering in a fascist regime.

Legend
Legend
ONly a complete jackass like Cruz would respond to a fake character in a kids TV show... Most intelligent politicians and other grown ups would just STFU....MORONS

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So, this guy they call Brandon not only whooped Trump's ass in the election, he also got us out of Afghanistan and got infrastructure done, which also happen to be two other things Trump failed to accomplish. This is reality.

Legend
Legend
i can tell you exactly what republicans have become:

i dont ever want to hear the term "woke" coming from conservatives ever again. trump went so hard in the paint, i dont think an AOC could sound any more woke and cancelling than him.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
i can tell you exactly what republicans have become:

i dont ever want to hear the term "woke" coming from conservatives ever again. trump went so hard in the paint, i dont think an AOC could sound any more woke and cancelling than him.

most people that are republican or "conservative" don't follow trump like trumpers do. That only represents about 5-10% of conservatives. It's the same way with dem's there are the 5-10% of people that follow pelosi, bernie, or AOC.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd say the number of Republicans that bow to the Alter of Trump is much higher than 5-10%.
I'd say the number that 'follow' Pelosi or think she's good for the party/country ... might be 5-10%.
I'd say the number of Democrats who 'follow' / Support Bernie/AOC is much higher than 5-10%. But not as many as Trump supporters in the GOP.
I'd say the number of 'true' conservatives that support Trump is below 5%.

Legend
Legend
I'd say Trump brought an extremely large group of loyal Blue Collar voters to the Republican Party that never would have come otherwise.
Many Conservative Republicans resented the new folks in town and resented Trump for bringing them.
If the Conservatives play their cards right by accepting them and welcoming them, they will rarely lose another election.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
I'd say Trump brought an extremely large group of loyal Blue Collar voters to the Republican Party that never would have come otherwise.
Many Conservative Republicans resented the new folks in town and resented Trump for bringing them.
If the Conservatives play their cards right by accepting them and welcoming them, they will rarely lose another election.

you are hilarious. trump pissed off more people than anything because he couldn't stay off Twitter. If Twitter didn't exist, he would have gotten reelected.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
Trump was - is and will remain the firm favorite to be the GOP nominee in the next election.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/politics/republican-party-presidential-nominee-odds/

there is 0 chance that will happen. Dems just keep hoping it so they can win another election

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd say the number of Republicans that bow to the Alter of Trump is much higher than 5-10%.
I'd say the number that 'follow' Pelosi or think she's good for the party/country ... might be 5-10%.
I'd say the number of Democrats who 'follow' / Support Bernie/AOC is much higher than 5-10%. But not as many as Trump supporters in the GOP.

ok. the point was more that there a ton of lunatics out there on either the left or the right. everyone else is somewhere in the middle.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ok. the point I was trying to make is that there are a ton of fanatics out there on either the left or the right who give either side a bad political party name. everyone else is somewhere in the middle.

we need another party called the centralists.

1 member likes this: Jester
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
It's the same way with dem's there are the 5-10% of people that follow pelosi, bernie, or AOC.

I like that you think that.

Legend
Legend

you are hilarious. trump pissed off more people than anything because he couldn't stay off Twitter. If Twitter didn't exist, he would have gotten reelected.

You are foolish to ignore the 74.2 million Trump votes from people who were not ticked off.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Translation: Just like Bannon said today, we are taking the minor offices so we don't lose elections anymore... fascists.

Legend
Legend
Can't take anything in this Country without the votes.

We are still a Democracy.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

there is 0 chance that will happen. Dems just keep hoping it so they can win another election

Nah man, this is fascism. You always have to be ready to stand against that kind of evil. Used to be what it meant to be American. What passes for that on the right today is an absolute mockery of America, her history, her values, and her people.

EDIT: not being conservative, the Trumpism and Trump way is 100% fascist.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/15/21 09:44 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Can't take anything in this Country without the votes.

Kudos to those who tried to, though...

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend

You are foolish to ignore the 74.2 million Trump votes from people who were not ticked off.

Biden had over 80 Million,,, You'd be foolish to ignore that.. Unless you are crazy enough to think that Trump actually won.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Come now - there is no "thinking" there is only "trolling".

Last edited by mgh888; 11/16/21 11:30 AM.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans have become part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard