Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Razorthorns
Well Trump's wall was to keep out criminals

Ergo by your thought process all immigrants are criminals? You didn't say stop immigrants coming to the US illegally and becoming criminals by the act of being an illegal immigrant. You branded them criminals before they even wanted to try to cross the border.

Says a lot about you.

AND - just so we are clear - the act of being in the USA illegally is not a crime and does not make them a criminal.

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/...mmigrants_issue_brief_PUBLIC_VERSION.pdf

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well you know how the narrative keeps changing. First Biden wouldn't be president for three months before Kamala took over. Then it was six months. Then it was a year. Now it's before the mid term elections. That's the one constant with conspiracy theories. Every time they're wrong they just keep changing the date in hopes that it will eventually come true. And as sad as it is, when listening to both Biden and Trump talk, it's obvious Biden is more sane than Trump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Well you know how the narrative keeps changing. First Biden wouldn't be president for three months before Kamala took over. Then it was six months. Then it was a year. Now it's before the mid term elections. That's the one constant with conspiracy theories. Every time they're wrong they just keep changing the date in hopes that it will eventually come true. And as sad as it is, when listening to both Biden and Trump talk, it's obvious Biden is more sane than Trump.

That reminds me exactly of the timeline the libs had for Trump, ironically.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Actually there are laws they are breaking. Perhaps you should try reading the laws sometime so you know what your talking about.

--------------------------------------------------------

TITLE 8 / CHAPTER 12 / SUBCHAPTER II / Part VIII / § 1325

§1325. Improper entry by alien
(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of-

(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or

(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.

Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.

Even further ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TITLE 8 / CHAPTER 12 / SUBCHAPTER II / Part VIII / § 1326

§1326. Reentry of removed aliens
(a) In general
Subject to subsection (b), any alien who-

(1) has been denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed or has departed the United States while an order of exclusion, deportation, or removal is outstanding, and thereafter

(2) enters, attempts to enter, or is at any time found in, the United States, unless (A) prior to his reembarkation at a place outside the United States or his application for admission from foreign contiguous territory, the Attorney General has expressly consented to such alien's reapplying for admission; or (B) with respect to an alien previously denied admission and removed, unless such alien shall establish that he was not required to obtain such advance consent under this chapter or any prior Act,

shall be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b) Criminal penalties for reentry of certain removed aliens
Notwithstanding subsection (a), in the case of any alien described in such subsection-

(1) whose removal was subsequent to a conviction for commission of three or more misdemeanors involving drugs, crimes against the person, or both, or a felony (other than an aggravated felony), such alien shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

(2) whose removal was subsequent to a conviction for commission of an aggravated felony, such alien shall be fined under such title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both;

(3) who has been excluded from the United States pursuant to section 1225(c) of this title because the alien was excludable under section 1182(a)(3)(B) of this title or who has been removed from the United States pursuant to the provisions of subchapter V, and who thereafter, without the permission of the Attorney General, enters the United States, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under title 18 and imprisoned for a period of 10 years, which sentence shall not run concurrently with any other sentence.1 or

(4) who was removed from the United States pursuant to section 1231(a)(4)(B) of this title who thereafter, without the permission of the Attorney General, enters, attempts to enter, or is at any time found in, the United States (unless the Attorney General has expressly consented to such alien's reentry) shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both.

Feel free to READ the laws you say don't exist on the Government's own website

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your not a US citizen and you don't have a VISA to be here then you are here illegally. PERIOD. Violating the laws of our country does indeed make you a criminal.

Those who are applying for asylum's or for a visa are not criminals because they are obeying the LAW. That being said, it's not that easy to meet the requirements of asylum because one of the requirements is that your life must be in danger for noncriminal reasons.

The reality is that the USA is the MOST immigrant friendly country IN THE WORLD. No one else even comes close to LEGAL immigration. We don't need those who would disregard our laws or think they are too good to obey our laws to come here. My arms are WIDE OPEN to those that apply for a VISA and come here obeying our laws. I have traveled to many countries and I have a love for many cultures. There is a country on every single continent that I can say that I am fond of. I have no hatred of immigrants AT ALL. I just have no use for lawbreakers US citizen or not.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I said before the election that Biden was being used as a stooge because he has obvious onset of dementia. I said it then, and I will say it again. Kamala won't take over the presidency until after the midterms because if she does she will lose the ability to run for a third term. What really becomes interesting though is who will be her vice president. Will it be Nancy or AOC? We will have to wait until after the midterms to find out.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
M
Legend
Legend
M
As I said - you called them all criminals before they do or do not try to cross the border. Says all about you.

I provided a link to show why being here illegally does not necessarily make them 'criminals' - choose to ignore it if you wish.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by mgh888
I provided a link to show why being here illegally does not necessarily make them 'criminals' -

I'm not certain you understand the meanings of "illegal", and criminal.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Reading can be so enlightening.

Is the fact of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws a
crime?
No. The act of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws is not,
standing alone, a crime. While federal immigration law does criminalize some actions that
may be related to undocumented presence in the United States, undocumented presence
alone is not a violation of federal criminal law. Thus, many believe that the term “illegal
alien,” which may suggest a criminal violation, is inaccurate or misleading.
Entering the United States without being inspected and admitted, i.e., illegal entry, is a
misdemeanor or can be a felony, depending on the circumstances. 8 U.S.C. § 1325. But many
undocumented immigrants do not enter the United States illegally. They enter legally but
overstay, work without authorization, drop out of school or violate the conditions of their visas
in some other way. Current estimates are that approximately 45% of undocumented
immigrants did not enter illegally. See Pew Hispanic Center, Modes of Entry for the
Unauthorized Migrant Population [May 22, 2006].
Undocumented presence in the United States is only criminally punishable if it occurs after an
individual was previously formally removed from the United States and then returned without
permission. 8 U.S.C. § 1326 (any individual previously “deported or removed” who “enters,
attempts to enter, or is at any time found in” the United States without authorization may be
punished by imprisonment up to two years). Mere undocumented presence in the United
States alone, however, in the absence of a previous removal order and unauthorized reentry,
is not a crime under federal law.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Reading can be so enlightening.

Is the fact of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws a
crime?
No. The act of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws is not,
standing alone, a crime. While federal immigration law does criminalize some actions that
may be related to undocumented presence in the United States, undocumented presence
alone is not a violation of federal criminal law. Thus, many believe that the term “illegal
alien,” which may suggest a criminal violation, is inaccurate or misleading.
Entering the United States without being inspected and admitted, i.e., illegal entry, is a
misdemeanor or can be a felony, depending on the circumstances. 8 U.S.C. § 1325. But many
undocumented immigrants do not enter the United States illegally. They enter legally but
overstay, work without authorization, drop out of school or violate the conditions of their visas
in some other way. Current estimates are that approximately 45% of undocumented
immigrants did not enter illegally. See Pew Hispanic Center, Modes of Entry for the
Unauthorized Migrant Population [May 22, 2006].
Undocumented presence in the United States is only criminally punishable if it occurs after an
individual was previously formally removed from the United States and then returned without
permission. 8 U.S.C. § 1326 (any individual previously “deported or removed” who “enters,
attempts to enter, or is at any time found in” the United States without authorization may be
punished by imprisonment up to two years). Mere undocumented presence in the United
States alone, however, in the absence of a previous removal order and unauthorized reentry,
is not a crime under federal law.

So, let them come across, eh? Just break in.

See, you're talking different things. Notice, in your own post, "many undocumentd do not enter enter illegally" preceded by Entering the u.s. without being inspected and admited, IS a misdemeanor or felony.

and regardless, we aren't talking about those legally attempting to enter. you know that.

1 member likes this: Razorthorns
O
Legend
Legend
O
I said before the election that Biden was being used as a stooge because he has obvious onset of dementia. I said it then, and I will say it again. Kamala won't take over the presidency until after the midterms because if she does she will lose the ability to run for a third term. What really becomes interesting though is who will be her vice president. Will it be Nancy or AOC? We will have to wait until after the midterms to find out.

Good grief, you must get your news at gobbledygook news. I mean hair on fire much?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Maybe go back and re-read my posts.

I specifically commented on the one posters bigoted way of calling them criminals. He didn't actually refer or suggest they were criminals once they were here illegally - he was actually just calling them all criminals in that racist Trumpian way ....

"Well Trump's wall was to keep out criminals" that was what I responded to.

My additional commentary about whether they are actually/technically "criminals" in the eyes of the law once they are here 'illegally' was me covering a "just in case" the poster wanted to try to suggest that was why he called them all criminals. I googled whether illegals are automatically defined as criminals and found the link I provided ... I do agree with you that it blurs the lines between those overstaying a legal entry and crossing illegally. That's my bad.

I did not say to just let them come across - that's you either assuming or doing the strawman thing. I don't need to explain it - but my views on illegal immigrants is what would be considered mostly strongly 'right leaning'. That doesn't mean I call other nations that have immigrants that want to come here Sh*t hole countries or refer to entire cultures/countries as criminals.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Yeah, accept Trump refuses to turn over evidence, prevents his cronies from testifying, refuses to turn over his tax records, which he promised he would do and so on. It's a little tougher to keep a timeline when the person you're investigating does everything exactly the way a criminal with something to hide would act by blocking everything he can to stop others from getting to the truth.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nothing like another unfounded conspiracy by the right. Accusations with nothing to base it on. That seems to be your go to now. No evidence needed, just anything you can make up in a twisted brain to use as a fear tactic.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Yeah, accept Trump refuses to turn over evidence, prevents his cronies from testifying, refuses to turn over his tax records, which he promised he would do and so on. It's a little tougher to keep a timeline when the person you're investigating does everything exactly the way a criminal with something to hide would act by blocking everything he can to stop others from getting to the truth.

None of that ^ changes what I was replying to, thanks. Many, even on here, said that Trump wouldn't even get elected. But that if he did (and 1 poster in particular, although many joined in at times) kept going on with "Ah, THIS will be the end" Ah, THIS will be the end, ad nauseum. THAT is what I replied to.

What YOU are referring to is completely different to the topic. Trump refuses to turn over evidence? What evidence? You mean, like Hillary scrubbing her server? Refuses to turn over his tax records? Hint: The IRS already has them. Prevents his cronies from testifying? How can he do that? At least he didn't have them killed, right? lol.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It almost was the end in case you missed January 6th. And many people said Biden wouldn't be elected either. Then when he was, by millions of votes, all they had left was to lie about it which led to January 6th.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
It almost was the end in case you missed January 6th. And many people said Biden wouldn't be elected either. Then when he was, by millions of votes, all they had left was to lie about it which led to January 6th.

Drama much?

Which tax returns does the IRS not have? What 'evidence' is Trump withholding, and if any, why doesn't the DOJ just do what they would with you: Get it.

But, yeah, Jan. 6th was almost the end, eh? Of what?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand that 140 officers injured and breaking into both the house and senate chambers doesn't seem like a big deal to you and you write it off as drama. That lying to promote such actions is nothing to you. That the fact that trying to prevent the certification of a fair election being seems like nothing to you. You just write it all of as drama.

And maybe you just haven't been keeping up. But trump has advised that those that received a subpoena refuse to testify for the January 6th investigation which is obstruction of justice. I know that obstruction of justice seems to be nothing to you as well.

And it also seems that Trump claiming he would turn his tax returns over for public record and then lying about that seem like nothing to you as well.

Trump, again, turns to the Supreme Court to fight subpoena for his tax returns

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ght-subpoena-his-tax-returns/5927775002/

Hide the truth, lie and break the law. All things you used to stand against. As Bob Dylan would say, "These times they are a changing."

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I understand that 140 officers injured and breaking into both the house and senate chambers doesn't seem like a big deal to you and you write it off as drama. That lying to promote such actions is nothing to you. That the fact that trying to prevent the certification of a fair election being seems like nothing to you. You just write it all of as drama.

And maybe you just haven't been keeping up. But trump has advised that those that received a subpoena refuse to testify for the January 6th investigation which is obstruction of justice. I know that obstruction of justice seems to be nothing to you as well.

And it also seems that Trump claiming he would turn his tax returns over for public record and then lying about that seem like nothing to you as well.

Hide the truth, lie and break the law. All things you used to stand against. As Bob Dylan would say, "These times they are a changing."

If Trump advised those that received a subpoena to refuse to testify, that's on those people, not trump, IF they follow through with it. Obstruction of justice IS something to me. But, you have to deal with the people that obstructed justice, not someone that may have encouraged them to.

Still on the Trump tax returns I see. The IRS has those. You know, the experts. Neither you nor I could make any sense of those tax returns. Especially you, with your absolute hatred of Trump. Trust me, the IRS can.

Trump turns to the Supreme court to fight subpoena for his tax returns? The IRS already has them. I'm not certain what the issue is. Perhaps the IRS is asking for more info that the Trump lawyers feel isn't needed? I don't know.

There IS this thing in the U.S. called 'due process'. Or does that not apply to someone you despise?

A
Legend
Legend
A

If Trump advised those that received a subpoena to refuse to testify, that's on those people, not trump, IF they follow through with it. Obstruction of justice IS something to me. But, you have to deal with the people that obstructed justice, not someone that may have encouraged them to.

Still on the Trump tax returns I see. The IRS has those. You know, the experts. Neither you nor I could make any sense of those tax returns. Especially you, with your absolute hatred of Trump. Trust me, the IRS can.

Trump turns to the Supreme court to fight subpoena for his tax returns? The IRS already has them. I'm not certain what the issue is. Perhaps the IRS is asking for more info that the Trump lawyers feel isn't needed? I don't know.

There IS this thing in the U.S. called 'due process'. Or does that not apply to someone you despise?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Maybe go back and re-read my posts.

I specifically commented on the one posters bigoted way of calling them criminals. He didn't actually refer or suggest they were criminals once they were here illegally - he was actually just calling them all criminals in that racist Trumpian way ....

"Well Trump's wall was to keep out criminals" that was what I responded to.

My additional commentary about whether they are actually/technically "criminals" in the eyes of the law once they are here 'illegally' was me covering a "just in case" the poster wanted to try to suggest that was why he called them all criminals. I googled whether illegals are automatically defined as criminals and found the link I provided ... I do agree with you that it blurs the lines between those overstaying a legal entry and crossing illegally. That's my bad.

I did not say to just let them come across - that's you either assuming or doing the strawman thing. I don't need to explain it - but my views on illegal immigrants is what would be considered mostly strongly 'right leaning'. That doesn't mean I call other nations that have immigrants that want to come here Sh*t hole countries or refer to entire cultures/countries as criminals.

People with the intention of immigrating or traveling into the US LEGALLY won't care about a wall because they will go to the border stations and follow the law to enter legally. The walls were not built to keep them out.

The wall WAS built to keep out or at least slow down and reduce the number of people wishing to break US laws by entering illegibly. That is a premeditated criminal act done with the intent to break US law. IF you break laws on purpose that makes you a CRIMINAL. PERIOD.

The border wall was built to stop criminals from breaking our laws by entering illegally. It was also built to slow down murderers, rapist, drug runners, child traffickers and other really, really evil people. I guess your OK with those people crossing the border too right? Because without a way to control who comes in and who doesn't they can come in just as easy as the ones you THINK are harmless.

Legal immigrants are always welcome provided they OBEY THE LAWS and become productive people. Tell me how terrible our immigration policy is WHEN you find any other country in the ENTIRE WORLD that even allows as many LEGAL immigrates as the US does.

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
There you go again with the "It was also built to slow down murderers, rapist, drug runners, child traffickers and other really, really evil people." narrative. . . . The realty is US Born Citizens are much more likely to commit violent crimes or property crimes ... but you keep on carrying spinning that Trumpian narrative of hate and xenophobia.

As for how many immigrants the USA has ? Not only is it is not the #1 in the world in total numbers each year.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...s-that-take-the-most-immigrants?slide=11

As a percentage of population each year it probably isn't even in the top 10. Not that it has to be - but your boast/claim/facts are simply wrong. Germany has a population of 83Million. Took in 1.3 Million migrants = 1.56% ... the USA 1.096M migrants = 0.3% ... The UK - 67M - 486K migrants - 0.72%

Sure - if you want to look at the total number of Migrants in the USA - we have the most. That has zero to do with what our immigration policies are in 2021. That's a reflection of a once storied history of "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” ....

Last edited by mgh888; 10/30/21 11:33 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So advising people to break the law is fine? Promising to release your taxes and then lying about it is fine? I only expect him to keep his word and do what he said he would do. I know that seems like too much for someone to expect from him. I have said nothing nor determined anyone guilty of anything. Before you can decide that you must first see the evidence which is being hidden and obstructed. Isn't that how due process works?

The issue is the man promised to release them. He lied and now refuses to. I'm looking for him to be held to the standard he set and agreed to. All I'm getting in return is that he'll go to any lengths to refuse to live up to what he said he would do and excuses from people such as yourself how that's perfectly fine.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Just curious - I wonder how many Trumpians who deflect and enable Trump to hide his taxes (Something that every CANDIDATE has done for the past 40 years) .... I wonder how many of them demnded to see Obama's birth certificate, something NO US Candidate has ever had to do (to the best of my knowledge). One more example of the hypocrisy from some.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well Trump lied about both of them so what choice did they have? They had to demand Obama's birth certificate and make excuses why Trump lied about releasing his tax returns. I mean that's what Trump told them to do.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Happiness doesn't depend on what you think per your signature? Therefore it doesn't matter what you have?
If you had no arms, legs, or nose, you'd still wish for fresh oxygen to breath and I bet you would mind if your only seat to sit in was centimeters from a raging fire. Do you suppose as long as you don't think you are burning, or as long as you think you have oxygen to breath that you could be happy with no oxygen for your lungs? Or if people were aghast at your lack of nose every time they observed your face that you'd be perfectly happy?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Sure - if you want to look at the total number of Migrants in the USA - we have the most.

Thank you for FINALLY accepting the truth. The USA has accepted more of the worlds immigrants than the next top 4 COMBINED. There are 51 million LEGAL immigrants currently living in the USA. That is almost 20% of all the immigrants in the ENTIRE world. In other words out of every 5 immigrants who legally migrate 1 of those 5 got accepted by the USA. The US is doing more than enough to accept legal immigrants. No where in the world has accepted as many migrants as we are.

We don't hate immigrants in this country. So just stop the nonsense already. We just want to accept people who will follow our laws and adapt to our culture and language so that we can be united and get along more peacefully with one another.

As for the wall, it has allowed the border patrol to arrest more than 10,000 people with criminal records ranging from murder, sexual assaults, and especially drug trafficking. And those are just the one that were caught. Thousands more were not caught. That is enough people to fill a small city. Should we invite these literal murderers and rapists to be YOUR neighbor?!! Maybe now you understand why Texans are so angry and desperate about the issue. Why don't you have some compassion for your fellow Americans for a change.

There is a very real and present danger that needs to be dealt with. Putting your head in the sand and pretending it's all butterflies and lollipops just puts people's lives in danger.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Time to lower the dosage on whatever you're taking this week, Throw. That last post was almost indecipherable.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sure - if you want to look at the total number of Migrants in the USA - we have the most.

Thank you for FINALLY accepting the truth. The USA has accepted more of the worlds immigrants than the next top 4 COMBINED. There are 51 million LEGAL immigrants currently living in the USA. That is almost 20% of all the immigrants in the ENTIRE world. In other words out of every 5 immigrants who legally migrate 1 of those 5 got accepted by the USA. The US is doing more than enough to accept legal immigrants. No where in the world has accepted as many migrants as we are.

We don't hate immigrants in this country. So just stop the nonsense already. We just want to accept people who will follow our laws and adapt to our culture and language so that we can be united and get along more peacefully with one another.

As for the wall, it has allowed the border patrol to arrest more than 10,000 people with criminal records ranging from murder, sexual assaults, and especially drug trafficking. And those are just the one that were caught. Thousands more were not caught. That is enough people to fill a small city. Should we invite these literal murderers and rapists to be YOUR neighbor?!! Maybe now you understand why Texans are so angry and desperate about the issue. Why don't you have some compassion for your fellow Americans for a change.

There is a very real and present danger that needs to be dealt with. Putting your head in the sand and pretending it's all butterflies and lollipops just puts people's lives in danger.

Immigrants are a clear and present danger? But fascism is not? Authoritarianism is not? White supremacy is not? Racism is not? ... You GOPers have seriously messed up values. Trumpians don't want to help or have poor desperate people coming to a country that can't find enough labor to fill millions of jobs... But Trumpian fascism coming to America is A OKAY... Know you are a religious man; I just wonder why? You and your whole party are the exact opposite of what Jesus taught. Disgusting.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You're hilarious. Take a line out of context. Twist it ... Claiming you made a point?

Go debate with some other like minded bigots. If you don't or can't have an honest conversation then your plainly very lost.

As a % of population, annual migrant entry into the USA isn't close to the top ten.

As I said, it doesn't need to be.

But you carry on Making xenophobic posts. I'm done.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We don't hate immigrants in this country.

Not all immigrants. Just the brown ones.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from cdn.creators.com]

O
Legend
Legend
O
So. Omar is the congressional rep most often threatened by the right. And what the actual hell does that have to do with defund the police? Nobody is trying to take police protection from you, the defund movement is not an attempt to abolish policing nor limit the number of officers. Defund in this context means to demilitarize police and reform training to be more humane and friendly.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/21 09:57 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
In September, the border agency made 185,515 arrests, bringing the total to 1,659,206 during fiscal year 2021, which runs from October through September, data shows.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/politics/us-border-patrol-record-arrests-2020/index.html

It looks like you should be thanking Joe Biden.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Nobody is trying to take police protection from you, the defund movement is not an attempt to abolish policing nor limit the number of officers. Defund in this context means to demilitarize police and reform training to be more humane and friendly.

de·fund
/dēˈfənd/
Learn to pronounce

prevent from continuing to receive funds.

You think the police are going to work for free once they are defunded? If 'defund' is not what they mean, perhaps democrats should come up with a slogan that better describes what they mean.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
1 member likes this: Razorthorns
P
Legend
Legend
P
Terrible branding doesn't change what they're saying. They're saying that the police are not equipped to treat and take care of mental patients as one example. So let the medical people trained to do that job, do that job. In order to do that, take the funds the police are currently using to take care of and house mental patients and divert those funds to the people that will now be doing that job.

This isn't complicated.

Survey: Police needlessly overburdened by mentally ill abandoned by mental health system.

Read more at: https://mentalillnesspolicy.org/crimjust/homelandsecuritymentalillness.html

New National Survey Reveals The Immense Costs Borne By Law Enforcement In Responding To And Transporting People With Mental Illness

https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter...-transporting-people-with-mental-illness

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Posting the definition of a word that has been branded by the Right to name something they don't like - and using it to suggest you have a talking point? Sorry, not following the logic there.

Defund the police - as OCD alluded to - does not mean abolish the police. And to add something that OCD didn't mention - the 'Defund the Police' concept (as proven to work in cities where it was implemented) means letting the Police focus on 'real' police work and not asking them to be, for example, social workers and responding to domestic situations, truancy, curfew issues etc (unless they are escalated to dangerous levels). Most police are asked to do a range of tasks they are not well trained for. The concept behind defund the police is to fund "experts" in the areas the Police are not highly trained and to stop asking them to perform those functions and let them focus on what they are trained for.

Anyone trying to argue/debate that 'defund the police' simply means getting rid of law enforcement is imbibing too much right wing media BS. Regardless of whether you agree with the concept or not - and if you want to ignore where 'defunding' has worked .... that's fine. Not knowing what the concept is and presenting as something it isn't - that's simply misinformed.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/31/21 11:05 AM.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Jester
We don't hate immigrants in this country.

Not all immigrants. Just the brown ones.
Doesn't he mean just the white ones.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You have major problems understanding logic. If you take money away from police departments it automatically means less money to pay police officers. They don't work for free so that means officers get fired or layed off because there isn't enough money to pay for it. Now you have fewer police to do even more work. That must make those officers so happy to come into work while the idiots from the Marxist movement of BLM glorify drug dealers while spewing hate towards the police.

Guess what police are human beings too. When they are told to get out enough and that they are not wanted they will eventually leave. Just look at Chicago. They hate their police so much because they just get in the way of them killing each other. Now that so many police have left because of the irrational hate constantly being spewed at them the people just can't stop murdering and stealing from each other. They have the highest murder rate in DECADES!

How is that defunding of the police working out? Such a brilliant idea lol

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Stick to the topic
Razorthorns does not do that
Defunding whining

M
Legend
Legend
M
"You have major problems understanding logic. "

As noted before - you are hilarious. I do love the way you ignore the entirety of a written post and twist something and create a stawman counter point. It's consistently what you do from my interaction with you the last couple threads.

I highlighted how defunding the police does not mean abolish the police.
I said the theory is to reduce the amount of responsibility they have.
I said it means paying other professionals who are highly trained in areas the police are not - and let them respond to issues that fall into those categories.
I did NOT suggest there wouldn't be less money for police officers.
Like clockwork you mentioned Chicago - they reduced their Police spend by 4% ... not through a defund the police initiative. It was a budget cut. 'Defunding the police" means putting in place other support to reduce what the police do, that's not what happened. If you want to see how and why Defund the Police can and has worked - CAMDEN is relevant. But that's a success story so no wonder you went with the old troupe of naming Chicago which has zero relevance to the topic.

You've twisted multiple posts so far, I'm sure you will continue.

Last edited by mgh888; 11/01/21 08:26 AM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus A fence for me but not for thee

Link Copied to Clipboard