Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Swish #1896185 10/22/21 09:42 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
[quote=oobernoober]

to put it another way, its like when a white person talks trash about a minority. but despite you being a minority, they go "oh i dont mean you, you're one of the good ones."

Granted, none of us were there, but I didn't read it like this at all. What you said is 100% a put down. What the white colleague in the article said seems a pretty ideal way to look at it (not seeing race, just another parent), but that's wrong because the author had experiences? I don't want to minimize what the author has had to go through. I'm well aware of how it's possible for old-school racism to endure in privileged communities, but this article seems to push the idea that we need to tiptoe around the topic of race (especially if you're white). At the least it's a whole bunch of misplaced anger.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
yea for me it was a hard follow. i tried to read it again and im still not exactly sure what the issue is. i get that feeling of being one of the few minorities in a community. i get trying to bring some awareness to the realities of people not in those positions are in. but for me personally, it seemed like she was seeking attention over something that really wasn't a huge issue in that particular school/community.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend

good lord these guys are everywhere. and it doesn't make a lick of sense.

everything these losers complain about are policies that have been made at corporate and government levels by people who look just. like. them.

it seems like the race war will be between white people. cause at this point i dont even know what these clowns are mad about.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T
Black people aren't the only ones harmed by racism. It's just the majority of the attention goes that way in the media.

Plus

There are not enough publicized examples of the multitudes of black people who get ahead in America without knocking white people down all along the way.
If you just have the media to go on, and all the things you'd hear and see in daily interactions, then you may think black people don't do great things on their own, without whitey to hate and bash.
But that is not true, because many black people do great things in America, but the ones that hate whites get so much attention.
When they have massive achievements without knocking whites down, it is entirely ignored and suppressed by the media.

There is an organized campaign to cut down white people. It is shown by the massive amounts of attention paid to examples of blacks getting success at the expense of whites getting cut down. And the utter ignoring of blacks getting success without the subsequent cutting down of whites on the way.
It is as though there is some anti-American, (say communist), effort, to nurture any jealousy or envy among Americans of different types to drive a wedge between them and make America a weaker lesser place.
One might think, someone would come along
and want to, make America great again. Hmm. How would that go.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Black people aren't the only ones harmed by racism. It's just the majority of the attention goes that way in the media.

Plus

There are not enough publicized examples of the multitudes of black people who get ahead in America without knocking white people down all along the way.
If you just have the media to go on, and all the things you'd hear and see in daily interactions, then you may think black people don't do great things on their own, without whitey to hate and bash.
But that is not true, because many black people do great things in America, but the ones that hate whites get so much attention.
When they have massive achievements without knocking whites down, it is entirely ignored and suppressed by the media.

There is an organized campaign to cut down white people. It is shown by the massive amounts of attention paid to examples of blacks getting success at the expense of whites getting cut down. And the utter ignoring of blacks getting success without the subsequent cutting down of whites on the way.
It is as though there is some anti-American, (say communist), effort, to nurture any jealousy or envy among Americans of different types to drive a wedge between them and make America a weaker lesser place.
One might think, someone would come along
and want to, make America great again. Hmm. How would that go.

And this is exactly why we should teach CRT, the importance of education, and true history. Thanks for being my example.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/01/21 09:24 PM.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by FATE; 11/02/21 08:53 AM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Here we go again...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Here we go again...

seems pretty close to the population diversity

race doesn't matter - guilt or innocence matters.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
O
Legend
Legend
O
I see some are getting out in front of any potential jury verdict.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Here we go again...

seems pretty close to the population diversity

race doesn't matter - guilt or innocence matters.

do you repeat every fox news article you read?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Swish, OCD, Pit…. Look up Brandolini’s Law.

Arguing with the likes of Dawg Duty, Super, and their ilk is a futile waste of your energy.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

Arguing with the likes of Dawg Duty, Super, and their ilk is a futile waste of your energy.

bro im trying but damn. super is a post a way for blaming the dead guy for why he's dead.

lets all remember that these clowns were close to getting away with the murder if it wasn't for public pressure. the local cops sat on this for 2 months.

and i never thought i say this, but SPD is clearly a post a way from bringing out the "did he have a hoodie on" defense. he's starting to come as just another maga hatter.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
“…but she was wearing a miniskirt…”

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

"she smiled at me"

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
As I've tried to convey to you in the past, it's nothing more than a pastime. I don't golf, so.....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Swish #1899271 11/04/21 11:36 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

"she smiled at me"

I have a right to sex... rolleyes

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I believe Henry VIII deemed it "conjugal rights"

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I was referring to the right wing 'Incels' and their crazy ideas with that comment.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-rage-of-the-incels

Link is for a refresher if needed.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/04/21 08:11 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
but dont worry, minorities. we will still get blamed for all the problems in the end. white people sending jobs to china and mexico? black peoples fault. the banking industry that is ran by white dudes corrupting the system? white americans will find a way to blame that on us, too. the corrupt government, ran by a vast majority of white americans from the federal to local level? lol, its the darkies fault.

its sad, but im not shocked about the state of the country. all the problems that conservative/right wing americans complain about have been created by people who look just. like. them.

but yea, its our fault still.

I guess you could list some of the more developed countries in Africa and Latin America and say "SEE WE KNOW HOW TO RUN THINGS ITS NOT OUR FAULT!".

- Why do you feel that White people have taken anything from you when it's clear that minorities are trying to immigrate to westernized countries on a daily basis because their homelands are underdeveloped garbage?

I mean, you may want to sit back and realize how lucky you are to be in the US and not in the Middle East, or Africa, or South America.

Absolutely nothing in this entire steaming pile of troll dung addressed any of Swish's points. It did however manage to empty the entire bucket of Archie Bunker/Tucker Carlson/News Max/Richard Spencer tropes and talking points. Congratulations. It's not surprising that you'd do your best to deflect, since not a thing he said was untrue.

Some day, you might like to describe for us what is like to be a regressive throwback cliche.
Somewhere there is a museum with some free space just waiting for you to move in.

This entire thread is a waste. But so is talking about race in general since Biden was elected.

The problem Clem, and always has been, is that the modern conversation about what is and isn't racist has nothing to do with the act or statement. It literally is only about who said or did it. You and Swish are among my top 5 posters I respect, and I'm not trying to be insulting when I say this, but there isn't a single person around, especially not on DT that has any credibility talking about race. Skin color doesn't matter and here's why: For Swish it was convenient to pin the issue on the broad "white people". You then come in and start to add a little definition to it by trying to frame the issue with "entire bucket of Archie Bunker/Tucker Carlson/News Max/Richard Spencer tropes and talking points." as being a conservative/Republican position.

Um... Joe Biden knowingly gave a eulogy for an actual Klansman. The majority of black voters voted for a man who gave a eulogy for a Klansman. They voted for the man who pushed the bill that led to the current disparities on race in the legal system. The man dropped the n-word on the Senate floor several times in his career. Joe Biden is by far the most racist politician in politics today. For just about anyone else that would have been a disqualifier on its own. But because Biden is a Democrat he will get a pass. The Democrat Party will get a pass. Most of the places where black folks suffer the most under gov't policies are run handily by Democrats..liberals..progressives. Its dishonest to make these claims about this grandiose oppression of black folks and think that its ok to pick and choose your evidence to support it. I'm not saying the "right" doesn't have room to do better, it clearly can and because I think there is always room to do better. But when people demanding change spend more time blaming this amorphous boogeyman instead of actually holding the proper people accountable that would actually make an impact... it doesn't come off as a sincere issue. At worst it comes across as exploitive.

There are issues of race that deserve attention. But all this??? The fact that Joe Biden received the votes that he did proves this ain't it. The funny thing is, I don't think anyone can actually explain why Biden and the Democrats get the pass that they do.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I can. People don't care about what you did in the past. It's what you can do for me now.

Libtards conveniently forgot that Trump was a lifelong Democrat. It's all about now.

Hillary, in the past, labeled black people as "super predators".

Nobody cares, It's all about now. What can you do for me now???

Nobody cares if Biden is a racist as long as they benefit in some way.

Last edited by EveDawg; 11/04/21 11:32 PM.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You’re in true form dawg
Speaking of what you don’t know
This is disgusting

O
Legend
Legend
O
The post seems sincere
Topic is Hypocrisy
Not irrelevant

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I read the post as implying that no-one has credibility when talking about racism and that no good can come from talking about racism and that we shouldn't because 'the Left' often point to how the GOP uses racist troupes in their politics. I'll be honest and say I don't know Biden's history of giving a Eulogy to a Klansman or using the N word. But Biden is most definitely not the most racist politician out there. That's not true. And while he's entitled to an opinion - I think many people have a lot of insight and are well placed to comment on racism.

I suspect the problem is that the conversation is so old - and there are people so dug into a belief that the conversation gets distilled to a few sharp, barbed comments. I know Clem at one time stated he's taken so much time and effort to explain racial issues - and got no-where but trolled on occasion, he stopped trying (on this board). I understand that. When you see trolling and baiting posts constantly in response to constructive discussion, it's real easy to say 'screw it' and not take the time to write well constructed posts. I know I am guilty and do that too.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by RocketOptimist
You’re in true form dawg
Speaking of what you don’t know
This is disgusting
Why? The state of Virginia just elected a white governor who is very critical of CRT, they also elected the first black Lt. Gov in the states history (and a woman to boot)... both Republicans. They removed a democrat who attended college parties in Klan robes and black face... and the media is beating the drum on how the sum total of this is that it proves Republicans are racists... (which oddly seems to be the sum total they reach of everything that Republicans do)

So you can feel free to object to whatever Devil said that you find disgusting.. but if you don't understand that in the media, potentially racist activity isn't an absolute.. it's on a sliding scale where left leaning people get treated differently and are given much more latitude and forgiveness than right leaning people, then you are just out of touch with how the mainstream media works.

yebat' Putin
4 members like this: Ballpeen, MemphisBrownie, FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
I wish someone would have taken a survey of who those people in Charlottesville voted for that were yelling "Jews will not replace us!". It would have made this topic far more obvious. Or a survey of who Klan members voted for. Or even pay attention to the racist theories being perpetuated by Tucker Carlson.

Some people wish to distract away from the obvious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

11 white people 1 black on the jury. smh.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/05/21 11:15 PM.

Legend
Legend
Realtor who flew to the Capitol riot on a private jet and said she wouldn't go to jail because of her 'blonde hair' and 'white skin' gets 60 days behind bars

https://www.yahoo.com/news/realtor-flew-capitol-riot-private-181136423.html

When conservatives talk about entitlement, how come they never mention people like her?

This reminds me of that one situation where the woman started yelling at the police when she got pulled over going “why are you treating me like I’m black”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Don't you have a business to burn or a old lady to beat up.

Legend
Legend
It would be nice to know how many white folks, and how many people of color were in the jury pool, and who picked the jury.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1899857 11/06/21 10:36 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
The lawyers pick the jury, or should I say eliminate potential jurors.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

Don't you have some black people and Jews to hunt?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

11 white people 1 black on the jury. smh.

They should have a more balanced jury. But they don't so I look at it this way: There is no way in hell these guys are getting off no guilty. So it will build race relations when the white jury votes guilty.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1899869 11/06/21 12:01 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You should be correct and I hope you are. History does not point out that you will be. But this is on video so it's much harder to deny the truth.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
The lawyers pick the jury, or should I say eliminate potential jurors.

So I wonder how many whites were dismissed, and how many people of color were dismissed?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1899875 11/06/21 12:11 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
What we do know is EVERY person of color was dismissed. Except that one. Which begs the question. Does a jury of your piers simply mean other people within the community or does it mean people much like yourself?

I mean usually when someone consider other people their peers, it means people they have a lot in common with or share a lot of interests with.

What is the meaning of peers?

1 : one that is of equal standing with another : equal The band mates welcomed the new member as a peer. especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status teenagers spending time with their peers.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peer

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Race Relations

Link Copied to Clipboard