Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
TTTDawg Online OP
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
Looking for "how things went after your 3rd shot/booster" comments.

After my first 2 Pfizer shots I felt meh, ehh, somewhat woebegone, etc for the rest of the day.

Received my Pfizer #1 in March and Pfizer #2 in early April, 2021.

Gonna tighten up the booster shot on 12-1-21.

If anyone has already received shot #3, let us know. Reactions, feelings, etc.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good luck. This garbage you are getting jabbed with reduces your body's immune system to ZERO.

Do some research please?

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'll piggyback on that. My wife is scheduled to get her booster, but she works in healthcare (technically). I received my first and second shots around the same time you did. I'll look to get mine around the same time. I thought I saw somewhere that getting a different shot than your original was the way to go.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Still waiting on that Bells Palsy you told me about, bro...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Still waiting on that Bells Palsy you told me about, bro...

Don’t engage. It’s not worth your effort.

Brandolini’s Law. Look it up.

Anyway, to the topic at hand. My girlfriend got her Pfizer booster. She had a bit of a headache the following day. That was it. I’ve had a few friends in the medical community get their booster. Most had similar effects as they did the first time around. A couple had a couple days of malaise, body aches, sore arm, etc. Again, most just had a 24 hour window of mild yuck.

I’m still producing antibodies from my Moderna vaccine. It’s been going strong since February when I got my second dose. So I’m still holding off on a booster.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah I know...that's why I just opted for the one-liner.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Do you imagine you will get a Pfizer booster or a Moderna one?

#gmstrong
TTTDawg Online OP
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Good luck. This garbage you are getting jabbed with reduces your body's immune system to ZERO.

Do some research please?

I understand.

However, I just ask my wife, a Nurse Director for the Cleveland Clinic.

As an added bonus, my Daughter, an RN as well, is just a phone call, and/or text away.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I get my 3rd Moderna today. Apparently because I'm immunocompromised this isn't considered a booster, but just a 3rd shot. In 6 months, I'll have to get the booster.

I sure hope this one hits me like shot #1 - just a sore arm. Shot 2 was a day of 99.7 fever, then 3 days of 104 fever...don't want that again. Will post later in the weekend or next week about how it turned out.

Last edited by clwb419; 11/05/21 04:31 PM.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I have not decided which booster to get. It’s likely I’ll stick with the Moderna… if I can find it. I’m just not seeing as many places giving it out.

It’s known that the Moderna vaccination was stronger. Anecdotally my girlfriend and I both got our initial vaccinations within weeks of each other. She got the Pfizer. I got the Moderna. She stopped showing antibodies a month or so back. Hence she sought out a booster. She also has worked with more COVID patients than I have over the past couple of months. She continues to do so far more regularly than me.

The tests we get for work show basic blood antibodies. They don’t account for memory cell types of protection. So though she showed no blood antibodies she was still more protected than someone that’s not vaccinated. But she’s not messing around. COVID doesn’t either.

I’ll continue to monitor my blood antibodies with my weekly testing. Once they wane I’ll start my search for a booster.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Do some research please?

rofl

I'm glad you're on their side.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I have not decided which booster to get. It’s likely I’ll stick with the Moderna… if I can find it. I’m just not seeing as many places giving it out.

It’s known that the Moderna vaccination was stronger. Anecdotally my girlfriend and I both got our initial vaccinations within weeks of each other. She got the Pfizer. I got the Moderna. She stopped showing antibodies a month or so back. Hence she sought out a booster. She also has worked with more COVID patients than I have over the past couple of months. She continues to do so far more regularly than me.

The tests we get for work show basic blood antibodies. They don’t account for memory cell types of protection. So though she showed no blood antibodies she was still more protected than someone that’s not vaccinated. But she’s not messing around. COVID doesn’t either.

I’ll continue to monitor my blood antibodies with my weekly testing. Once they wane I’ll start my search for a booster.

Here you go my friend:
https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-booster-covid-19-vaccine
https://getvaccinated.oregon.gov/#/locator?lang=en

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by clwb419
I get my 3rd Moderna today.
Holy Smokes. Are you going to get the next one.

Legend
Legend
LMFAO. Sure and I am tall, dark, handsome, rich, and hung like a horse.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I had my booster last Friday. I had zero side effects with the First two. This time I came down with flu like symptoms that night that lasted about 30 hours. Been fine ever since.

Last edited by GMdawg; 11/05/21 08:52 PM.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Went without a hitch.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

No problem...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I got the J&J in March, Monday I’m getting the Moderna booster at work. Hoping all goes well!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by clwb419
I get my 3rd Moderna today. Apparently because I'm immunocompromised this isn't considered a booster, but just a 3rd shot. In 6 months, I'll have to get the booster.

I sure hope this one hits me like shot #1 - just a sore arm. Shot 2 was a day of 99.7 fever, then 3 days of 104 fever...don't want that again. Will post later in the weekend or next week about how it turned out.

Shot 3 was ended up more like shot 2 than shot 1. About midnight I woke up shivering like crazy. Temp was only 100.5. Took ibuprofin, turned the heat up to 80, put on a lot of clothes and kept shivering. About 5am I fell back asleep. Woke up with 99.7 fever and felt like I got hit by a truck. I'm not sure there wasn't a part of my body that didn't hurt. Fever went down during course of the day but went up again in the evening. Went to bed early and woke up shivering again last night but ibuprofin and extra blankets helped out. Woke up this morning without a fever, still sore everywhere, but I'm overall feeling much, much better.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The Pfizer booster got me feeling bad the next day. The first two, not. It only lasted a day

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Got my Moderna booster this morning, no symptoms yet, fingers crossed I don’t have any.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I had the Moderna for my first 2, last one 3/27. Got the Pfizer booster since it was easier to get. Same side effects as my 2nd Moderna - arm soreness, lightheaded, no energy, low-grade fever. Lasted for 2 days.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by sk8termom
I had the Moderna for my first 2, last one 3/27. Got the Pfizer booster since it was easier to get. Same side effects as my 2nd Moderna - arm soreness, lightheaded, no energy, low-grade fever. Lasted for 2 days.
I was totally unaware that you could mix them like that. I assumed that once you got one, you were locked into that one... interesting.

yebat' Putin
J
Legend
Legend
J
I got my booster this morning. I received Moderna. My first two were Pfizer. So far so good!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wass a little sick from 1st. moderna shot but 2nd. Sick for 3 days.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My wife and I got our booster shots Tuesday night. We got the flu vaccine at the same time. It was the Moderna booster. Everything was fine until yesterday afternoon. We both had the same symptoms. Chills, body aches and lethargic. Nothing earth shattering. We both feel better this morning but not totally up to par.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
how do you know you are producing antibodies? just asking

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I get regular blood tests for work. It shows antibody response.
I guess it’s a perk of being a nurse. The other side of the coin is I’m also regularly exposed to COVID.

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
My wife and I got our booster shots Tuesday night. We got the flu vaccine at the same time. It was the Moderna booster. Everything was fine until yesterday afternoon. We both had the same symptoms. Chills, body aches and lethargic. Nothing earth shattering. We both feel better this morning but not totally up to par.

A week ago, the wife and I got our moderna boosters and while they offered to also give us our flu shots, we declined the flu shots. If we had any reaction to the moderna or the flu shot, there would be no way of knowing which shot we were reacting to. The wife had a slight reaction to the moderna booster...she said her head felt 'fuzzy' and it lasted for about a day...I told her that was just normal for her, grin

...I didn't have any reaction to my moderna booster.

Also, she received a half dose booster while I received a full strength booster. I was not award that the moderna boosters could be given in full or half doses. A week since and we are doing just fine. Now we plan on getting our flu shots next week. Good luck to all.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I am getting my J&J booster and my flu shot next week.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
6 and 9 got their first kids COVID shots today. Worked out just fine. No side effects so far by either one.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: PitDAWG, GMdawg
Legend
Legend
I got my J&J booster, and my flu shot yesterday. They did both at the same time, but one in each arm.

Man, I had no real pain from the 1st Co-Vid shot, but this one feels like I was blasted in the arm by someone about 200 times stronger than I am. It really hurt. I had no problem with the 1st shot, but this one really smarts.

Oh well. on to another day today. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Wife just got sent home to work from home again due to covid outbreak at her office.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
WPAFB was supposed to roll people back into the office last summer and then we all got sent home after Delta. Been home ever since.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
This thing has been a roller coaster ride and every time things start to improve, all the requirements are relaxed and we go through the exact same thing over again. It's a very obvious pattern. At this time we're going into cold weather when everyone travels, shops and gathers for the holidays and already cases are rising quickly on the rise. High hospitalization rates and deaths will rise yet again if the trend continues.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I got the Moderna booster shot Tuesday.

I asked if the dose was the same as the second and they said no. It is about half. The first Moderna shot was no problem.

The second shot put me down for a day. Felt bad all over.

The booster? The shot itself hurt. But no side effects except where the shot was. Arm hurt for 3 days.

My one grandson is nine. He was born with a heart murmur. It has been monitored since birth. Not a issue. Quite common. Will not require surgery and is improving. The cardiologist because of liablilty would not recommend a vaccine. What they did say was covid is more of a threat and long haul problems from covid are more dangerous than the vaccine would be.

So, he got the shot the same day I got the booster. No problem at all. Slight sore arm.

It was relief. Now everyone in my family is vaccinated. My other grandson is 15 and he got the vaccine as soon as it was available.

I feel relieved that they have antibodies.

My son was vaccinated and did get covid. He was sick with flu like symptoms for about a week. Then recovered.

I know it is not over. But I am glad the vaccine is available. I will continue to follow the facts and do what I feel is appropriate.

2 members like this: clwb419, PitDAWG
C
Legend
Legend
C
I got the Moderna booster a week ago. I had no real side effects, I was able to function as if it was a normal day.

Legend
Legend
My arm has mostly returned to normal today. I would definitely feel it if someone slugged me in the arm, but short of that I am mostly free from the pain the shot caused.

Legend
Legend
Wife & I got our Moderna boosters Thursday.
Soreness at the injection site. No other ill effects.
Left upper arm is almost back to normal.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Amazing @ the bragging of getting a lethal shot.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard