Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1903729 11/17/21 01:30 AM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Surely we can do that, can’t we?

Here is more bad news: the Lions have dropped several close games and are due to get their first W.

On O, we should run the damn ball, hopefully Chubb is back this week, and what I hope for as much as anything, is that our deep passing game can gel, to put pressure on the Lions secondary.

On D, we have to do what we didn’t do against the Patriots. Whatever that is exactly, we have to do it, or someone is getting fired next week in Berea.

I wish Vers was here, he was excellent at providing well-thought analysis into this thread.

Chase: just keep kicking as per usual.
Have at it , kids.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
NOPE. I'm not going there. I didn't think we could lose the last two we lost. I'm saying wait and see every game now. Do we get great, average, subpar, or what is this &%$*#?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by lampdogg

Here is more bad news: the Lions have dropped several close games and are due to get their first W.

On O, we should run the damn ball, hopefully Chubb is back this week, and what I hope for as much as anything, is that our deep passing game can gel, to put pressure on the Lions secondary.

On D, we have to do what we didn’t do against the Patriots. Whatever that is exactly, we have to do it, or someone is getting fired next week in Berea.

I wish Vers was here, he was excellent at providing well-thought analysis into this thread.

Have at it , kids.

In other bad news, we lose to the Lions a high percentage of the time. The good news is that it has taken until mid-late November before I am starting to question if I feel like making the near 600 miles drive up to the game.

Actually, it is the drive home I think about. Most of the time I split the drive up in to two legs. Maybe get 6 or so hours down the road on Friday, then 3-4 hours on Saturday morning. On the way home, I just have this thing about not wanting to spend a night in a hotel 2-3-4 hours away from the house, That just bugs me so I just roll out around 6am and get home around 4ish.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

Have at it , kids.

What happened to vers?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Do NOT let Godwin Igwebuike beat you.

Face mask I don't care. He only played 4 snaps last week, and had a 42 yard touchdown.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
On offense we need to take advantage of the Lions bad secondary and throw the ball deep. Our WRs should have a field day against what maybe the worst secondary in the NFL.
The Lions don't have much of a pass rush so Baker should have all day to throw. Detroit's LBs are slow and have trouble covering TEs and RBs. I expect our TEs and RBs to have a big day catching the ball also.

The Lions have one of the lowest scoring offenses in the league. Because of Goff and bad WRs, the Lions don't throw the ball much downfield. They mostly try to run and throw short passes to Swift and Hockenson. We need to crowd the line to stop the run and force Goff to beat us which he can't. We also need to pressure Goff when he does try to throw downfield, which isn't very often. He is not very mobile and we should be able to get to him.

We should win this game easily.

Legend
Legend
If we lose we might as well shut it down for the year...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
D
Legend
Legend
D
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-has-his-status-for-week-11-in-question/

Jared Goff has an oblique injury. David Blough anyone?

M
Legend
Legend
M

rofl

Please tell another one.

One of the many posters on here who claimed to know it all, yet proved wrong time and time again. That said, I do miss his late night rants as a result of mixing prescription medication and wine.

Tackles are tackles.
Dave #1903770 11/17/21 12:01 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dave

We're doomed.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: AZBrown
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Our lifetime record against the Lions is 5-19 the worst losing % we have against any other NFL team.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Have at it , kids.

In other bad news, we lose to the Lions a high percentage of the time. The good news is that it has taken until mid-late November before I am starting to question if I feel like making the near 600 miles drive up to the game.

Actually, it is the drive home I think about. Most of the time I split the drive up in to two legs. Maybe get 6 or so hours down the road on Friday, then 3-4 hours on Saturday morning. On the way home, I just have this thing about not wanting to spend a night in a hotel 2-3-4 hours away from the house, That just bugs me so I just roll out around 6am and get home around 4ish.

But we've never lost more than 4 in a row to them, and we're at 4 right now. So, we'll win! Lol. Actually thanks for sharing this, I had no idea our records against them was so bad.

I think this game comes down to injuries - who is in and who is out. Then playcalling is next most important. If we run the dang ball, I feel comfortable that we will win. If we go pass heavy again, I'm not so sure.

Dave #1903783 11/17/21 12:38 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

"Obliques is a term referring to muscles on the side of the upper body that help to assist in turning the body from side to side. They are actually two sets of obliques, called internal and external and each set contracts in a different way during twisting or side-to-side movements. This is the area of the body is also where the famous “love handles” develop, which people work so hard to eradicate."

Tough injury to overcome and make NFL passes.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Detroit is the mirror image what we've been over the years. Their fans have suffered just like us. Dumb draft picks, draft picks that were suppose to work out that didn't, poor management and just plain lousy luck. It's sad that most younger fans don't realize that these franchises were once 2 of the NFL elite.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/17/21 12:56 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
On offense we need to take advantage of the Lions bad secondary and throw the ball deep. Our WRs should have a field day against what maybe the worst secondary in the NFL.

If Bakers foot is still hurting, Not sure the deep threat will be available. This game has to be on the ground pounding the ball. Baker is beat up ! just let the run game win this !! and hope the Defense turns up to play .

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

Regardless of who is QB for the Browns - or who the RB is - there is only one way to beat Detroit. Only one way to salvage the season (if it's possible). And this is based on everything we've seen this season .... we got to play with intensity... we got to play like we want to win and expect to win .... we have to out physical them ..... while eliminating stupid penalties and remaining disciplined. If we do that it doesn't matter what else we do - because I believe there is far too much talent to lose to Detroit if we simply play like that.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dave #1903834 11/17/21 03:56 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

As of now Goff is starting.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Detroit is the mirror image what we've been over the years. Their fans have suffered just like us. Dumb draft picks, draft picks that were suppose to work out that didn't, poor management and just plain lousy luck. It's sad that most younger fans don't realize that these franchises were once 2 of the NFL elite.

The last NFL championship the Lions won was in 1957. They beat the Browns.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Yea that is a good point about Baker. We should be able to run the ball. Especially if Chubb plays.

mgh888 #1903848 11/17/21 04:12 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by mgh888
j/c

If we do that it doesn't matter what else we do - because I believe there is far too much talent to lose to Detroit if we simply play like that.

You're right about having far too much talent than them. Detroit is the worst team in the NFL period. We can not play down to their level by making stupid mistakes and penalties. We must play with intensity and to save a season that had so much promise! If we do that, we should win easily.

2 members like this: 85_Browns_Queen, mgh888
Legend
Legend
Just execute, limit the stupid mistakes (penalties, turnovers, etc) and play with intensity and we should win this game.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Just execute, limit the stupid mistakes (penalties, turnovers, etc) and play with intensity and we should win this game.
Sure .. .say what I said but take *80% fewer words to say it ! LOL

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober

We're doomed.
Lions podcast quick first listen on the post game of the steelers tie, had 2 points.

the head coach got mad and took over the offense.
the offense rushed for like 210+ yards. And they talked about the passer getting so few attempts.
So David Blough might not hurt them, plus, they will end up playing Goff not Blough anyway.

I think the Browns need to focus on stopping the run, stopping it 59 times or more.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
That'll never work. Have you watched the NFL in 2021?

The yellow flag warriors.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen

The last NFL championship the Lions won was in 1957. They beat the Browns.

Not much of a chance of either team making it that far this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's absolutely ridiculous that these 2 franchises haven't won a championship in 64 years and 57 years respectively. What fan back then would have thought that inall these years they would not have won another one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's absolutely ridiculous that these 2 franchises haven't won a championship in 64 years and 57 years respectively. What fan back then would have thought that inall these years they would not have won another one.

My dream Superbowl is the Browns and Lions in their first SB ! My first cousin was a WR for the Lions in 74 75.. Browns win it by 7 of course ! smile

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Holy crap I looked it up, we haven't beat detroit in a regular season game since 2001??? I guess I got mixed up with us beating them a few times in pre-season but we better send blitzes out the wazoo at them

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by boofers20
Holy crap I looked it up, we haven't beat detroit in a regular season game since 2001??? I guess I got mixed up with us beating them a few times in pre-season but we better send blitzes out the wazoo at them
The only one I really remember is the one when Stafford got injured and he went to the sidelines and they took him into the tent, prayed and rubber him with holy water, and he came back onto the field on the verge of death itself (they may have sewed his right arm back on during a TV timeout, I can't remember), but he rallied them for the game winning TD. At least that's what the broadcasters said happened.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: AZBrown
Legend
Legend

Certainly not me, Homes.

I grew up in Lima, and had deep family ties to Toledo. Our house was a Browns house, but we spent every Thanksgiving in Toledo. Lions were the game every year. I've always known about DET. At lease 2-3 times/yr, DET becomes my default NFL game.

My dream matchup: CLE/DET for the Super Bowl.
An epic battle of North Coast NFL teams.
An epic battle of OG teams.

I'm pretty certain I will never live to see my dream matchup.

[shakes head slowly]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
Color me sad, I'm just glad it's on FOX and I'll get to watch it in my garage. (not allowed to yell in the house. But on a side note, that rule goes back to when Sooga was taking naps............)

I have no idea what to expect for this game. Just, I'll be able to watch it on tv, instead of in my office on my computer monitor.

Got a Judge a while back. have only been able to celebrate scores 1 time with that, as well as with my shotguns. Hoping Sunday gives me the opportunity to kill an evergreen in the back yard. (all safe, for those that might wanna gripe. 640 acres behind me. Shoot straight, I have a mile to the next house. Shotgun shells with #8's don't go far. I'm a smart gun owner. )

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

rofl

Please tell another one.

One of the many posters on here who claimed to know it all, yet proved wrong time and time again. That said, I do miss his late night rants as a result of mixing prescription medication and wine.

But what happened to him? Was he banned from this message board?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #1904017 11/18/21 09:16 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't really care. He is gone and this board is better as a result.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well Vegas has the Browns as 10 point favorites. 11 points on some boards.

Losing to the Lions is simply not an option.

slick #1904030 11/18/21 10:48 AM
Legend
Legend
No, he was not banned from here. He just left of his own accord.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Because not everybody appreciated his genius and admitted he was right?

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Because not everybody appreciated his genius and admitted he was right?

That hasn't stopped me! rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns Lions game will come down to 2 things!!

Is Baker Mayfield better than Jared Goff.
and.

Is Nick Chubb better than whoever the heck... runs the ball 59 times for those dolts in Detroit.

mgh888 #1904178 11/18/21 08:52 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by mgh888
Well Vegas has the Browns as 10 point favorites. 11 points on some boards.

Losing to the Lions is simply not an option.
There is no way that should be 10 points.

More like a pick em game. The Detroit defense, and pass defense. The Detroit running game.
Defense and a running game those are two terrible comination items in an NFL game.
(I just listened to the Detroit post game again from sunday,) Detroit had 9 pass break ups and played a gambling in your face defense all day against the steelers. So, the Browns defense, if they play soft, off the ball backpedaling prevent defense all day long, the Browns defense will look like just that, soft. frown

Vegas doesn't follow the Browns. The Vegas 10 point line, is based on a Browns team as healthy and psychologically pumped as they were in game 1 against the Chiefs, or even at the start of the LA Chargers game.
Everyone on this board knows the Browns are beat up, the psychology has taken a beating.

The coaches are holding this team back with their stubbornness, and refusal to take field goals on 4th down, imo.
If they keep going for things on 4th downs, then the execution won't be there on 3rd downs. How about that for analysis.
Stefanski, or the offensive decision maker, has failed to attempt about 13 field goals in these 10 games, because they went for it on 4th down, and they only got touchdowns on less than half of those.

Detroits biggest threat, is if their defense holds the Browns to lower scores. The Browns, need to get points, more points and points any way possible, including, getting field goals on 4th downs.

Detroit has only scored 18 or more points one time all year, that was the opening day loss to the 49ers, and most of those points came after they fell behind by a big ton.

First team to 24 points wins.
One way the Browns can hurt themselves, is NOT taking the field goals when the game presents it to them.

Legend
Legend
When the Browns converted on the fourth down for a TD against the Pats, of course I was glad we scored, but at the same time shaking my head that this will just embolden Stefanski to keep going for it and not taking the points that are there.

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Lions 10 Beating Detroit

Link Copied to Clipboard