Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1905257 11/21/21 11:17 PM
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

This is a post Emily had on her Instagram. She apparently liked it as well. I believe she has removed it. The local media is already all over this as well as Mayfield skipping his post game media session. He also walked off the field without shaking hands. Many are saying it was because he was booed. I have no idea what is going on.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think they were booing him as much as they were booing the performance

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
I have no problem with her defending HIS toughness. Say what you want about the guy but he puts it all out there and none of us know how much he hurts.... calling other players toughness into question crossed a line.

And as I understand it, he shook hands with the Lions, he didn't shake hands with fans as he walked off as he normally does.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I did see another post(which I can't find) that had the part about the teammates blocked out. I don't think she was agreeing with that part but the optics are bad.

They showed him walking off the field directly after the kneel down. Maybe he turned around after the camera left him?

Last edited by Pdawg; 11/21/21 11:49 PM.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think she should stay out of it. It just adds to the drama.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, Cleats
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Blah blah blah Baker is tough. Newsflash Thanksgiving is also in November.
Everytime Baker has a below average game, his toughness is brought up
Why.......?
Oh yeah , something has dull.the sharp edge of his criticism's

1 member likes this: 85_Browns_Queen
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Watching Justin Herbert play against that team in black and yellow. If Baker played quarterback at the same level of Herbert, we would be 9-2 and talking of potential Super Bowl.

Its that simple.

Barry Bonds Check
Roger Clemens Check
Mark McGuire Check
Lance Armstrong Check

71-79 Steelers Taboo
(Lets pretend it didn't happen.)
1 member likes this: DaveyD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Looks" like this latest drama may be the beginning of the end for the Baker Mayfield era in Cleveland.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
M
Legend
Legend
M
Em clearing some things up after having a tough one...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg
This is a post Emily had on her Instagram. She apparently liked it as well. I believe she has removed it. The local media is already all over this as well as Mayfield skipping his post game media session. He also walked off the field without shaking hands. Many are saying it was because he was booed. I have no idea what is going on.

Difference is that one player left the post up and the other had it taken down. mall but significant difference.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
Legend
Legend
j/c

The post about Herbert is correct. It would all be much simpler and positive if Baker was as good as Herbert or Rodgers or whatever. Sadly, he’s not … and there is frustration from every angle that he’s not. I’m sure he is just as frustrated as the coaches/fans … and he’s injured to boot.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg

People better keep that same energy on her like they did OBJs dad. She runs her mouth the most out of any of our players significant others.

But I know y’all won’t. Cause somehow, it’s different.

I will talk about baker, however.

Dude missed wide open receivers all day. He thrown two horrible picks. Right now, the team wins based around our run game, not our #1 overall QB.

Thanks to baker mayfield crap performance and lack of sportsmanship, and his wife running her mouth on Twitter non stop, I’d be glad to see him walk. There’s a reason Stefanski doesn’t trust him, and we haven’t re-signed him.

I’m all for the players getting tough, just as soon as baker decides to play like a real QB.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Baker played one of his very worst games - while ironically or perhaps predictably, he also made a couple of sublime throws. As someone just wrote in Post Game - if ever there was a game and team to rest Baker against it was the 0-fer Lions. Tragically bad coaching decision to play Baker as banged up as he is. He's regressed at an epic proportion - I still think it's mainly the injury - but to be honest it does not matter. If he suits up and plays he needs to play at an NFL level and not like hot garbage.

Regards the social media posts by Emily - I don't like them one bit. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Doesn't help anyone. Only fuels the dislike and pressure for Baker. Someone should take away all her access to any social media until her high profile husband is retired.

However - with that said. Trying to compare her post defending Baker to OBJ trying to get out of Cleveland in a very calculated way, having never wanted to be in Cleveland, having screamed 'come get me' to other teams and who asked for a trade multiple times in the off season .... nah. Not the same at all. One was pure stupidity - the other was pure manipulation.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Honest question here...were you at the game? I was not.

On every reception (plus Hooper's early drop) with (2) exceptions the defensive player was all over the Browns pass catchers. Keenum doesn't make those throws. Maybe Baker missed "wide open receivers" but the ones he threw to were covered like a blanket.

I'll second 888 on the difference between Emily and OBJ's Dad.

1st String
1st String
Emily needs to chill. She's not helping anyone here, not even her own husband.

2 members like this: jfanent, 3rd_and_20
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Baker played like poop.

He was inaccurate all game long and threw high on the regular. I wasn't at the game but heard the boos on TV. They were warranted. Its funny seeing all the people who were ragging on Rish either (1) keep their internet warrior typing skills to a minimum or (2) even change their tune as well.

If Baker is injured and it is hindering him, he needs to sit. If its not that big of an issue with performance he needs to get his act together because this is not going to cut it.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope she (and by extension, he) gets the same amount of smoke up until she 'fixed' it.

She took it down and sorta/mostly apologized. She did NOT leave it up there and double down on it. That right there is the difference (IMO it's significant because it speaks to intent). Next step is seeing how Baker responds to it (he'll have to).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's less than 24 hours after the game, and you're talking about Rish's critics not showing up? Rish went into hibernation second half of last season and only came back after Baker started slumping again. Plus, everyone is saying Baker played like poop. The callout is premature and not accurate (IMO).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
You must have forgotten about last week's performance. Or Baker's performance in other games this season. Or people making fun of Rish after the Bengals games less than 24 hours--maybe that was you, I don't know. The sample size has been more crappy than not this season. The call out is more than accurate and timely.

I was all on Baker being THE guy going into the season. However, we're seeing more and more this season that he is not what we hoped....at least from a paying for a franchise QB perspective and we're seeing alot of 2019 and early 2020 as well even with a much, much better offensive line . Posters here can't handle criticism on his performance this season when it it staring at them in the face. Again, maybe this is you, I don't know.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
j/c:

We really needed something to believe in (pre-Baker) and most of us thought he was the guy after the first season. Now I have my doubts, like a lot of us do. I don't know if it's the injuries or he's just somewhat lost it or a combination of the two.

Not knowing really sucks.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't see what you're seeing. I see just about everyone throwing criticism at Baker when he has a bad game (which have been many this season). Some attribute more of that to injuries than I do, but the criticism is there. Acknowledging that it's more than just Mayfield that's wrong with the offense is not absolving Mayfield.

So I haven't seen Baker's backers disappear after a poor showing from him like Rish did when they went on the tear last season.

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Baker needs to go behind the Cheesecake Factory and
Get his head put on straight.
Colt McCoy is out playing him.BM is the worst QB in the
North.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Baker needs to go behind the Cheesecake Factory and
Get his head put on straight.

Pun intended?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I think that Baker is really, really hurt, and other teams are doing their best to make sure he doesn't get better against him. I cannot imagine playing QB when you can barely walk because of injuries to a knee and foot .... along with a serious injury to a shoulder ... even a non-throwing shoulder.

I cannot understand, for the life of me, why we only had 3 WR active yesterday. To me that is just plain idiotic. Jarvis got hurt during the game, and so we were down to 2 WR.

I do think that Baker can and should handle some aspects of this year better. I think that this statement also applies to Stefanski.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
We know Baker is injured, but is his knee and foot really that bad? Stefanski called a play designed for Landry to throw to Baker on a play. Do you call that play if he is that hobbled? He's sprinting around to celebrate with Landry after the broken play resulted in a TD.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
A Browns fan complaining about a play that was designed by Stefanski to decoy the defense, opening up the middle of the defense to give Landry a lane to the endzone...and the play resulted in a TOUCHDOWN...

...YET SOME BROWNS FANS EVEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT...!

Last edited by mac; 11/22/21 12:18 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac
A Browns fan complaining about a play that was designed by Stefanski to decoy the defense, opening up the middle of the defense to give Landry a lane to the endzone...and the play resulted in a TOUCHDOWN...

No. Here's Stefanski on the broken play that Landry made happen on his own.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1462533884407595014

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Wide open receivers - lmao.

The Browns have probably the worst WR group of any team in the NFL and their TEs are not much better.

Team is built around the running game and the OL. When that aint working, the offense will suck.

Yes - Mayfield missed some passes - weather and injury related. He's currently a one-armed QB with bad wheels - get real.

3 members like this: SuperBrown, Dawg Duty, Homewood Dog
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If Baker had a physical blue collar working job he'd be on Temporary Disability. I believe he is really beat up and probably should sit down until he feels better.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
You must have forgotten about last week's performance. Or Baker's performance in other games this season. Or people making fun of Rish after the Bengals games less than 24 hours--maybe that was you, I don't know. The sample size has been more crappy than not this season. The call out is more than accurate and timely.

I was all on Baker being THE guy going into the season. However, we're seeing more and more this season that he is not what we hoped....at least from a paying for a franchise QB perspective and we're seeing alot of 2019 and early 2020 as well even with a much, much better offensive line . Posters here can't handle criticism on his performance this season when it it staring at them in the face. Again, maybe this is you, I don't know.

I'm getting a little confused on that last paragraph. Are you saying that this year's OLine is better than '19 or '20? Or that 20's OLine was better than '19?

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
We know Baker is injured, but is his knee and foot really that bad? Stefanski called a play designed for Landry to throw to Baker on a play. Do you call that play if he is that hobbled? He's sprinting around to celebrate with Landry after the broken play resulted in a TD.

I don't know how it was designed to throw to Baker, there was no misdirection or any effort made to actually get Baker open. Pre-snap, he and Landry just switched spots, the defender who was guarding Landry was still there to watch Baker run his little route. I know Landry looked back at Baker first, were they expecting the defender to NOT follow Baker out into the pattern and just let him run out there by himself, knowing full well that Jarvis can throw the football?

Jarvis just made a great play on what appears at first glance to be a rather poorly designed play.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
On every reception (plus Hooper's early drop) with (2) exceptions the defensive player was all over the Browns pass catchers.

I noticed that there was little separation by our receivers most of the game. I didn't post that - because when you comment factually on something like that they sometimes seem to get labelled as "excuses" ... what's sort of ironic, moronic or whatever you want to call it -- on Baker's worst throws, the WR was at their most open. Baker played badly, really badly. I wouldn't start him next week (this week) ... but it should not prevent other questions being raised about the ability of the WR's and the scheme. It sort of seems like feast or famine.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

This presser is quite interesting.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Only idiots boo the home team - ever.

1 member likes this: Hamfist
Legend
Legend
1. False Equivalency; that is NOT the sort of post people would have complained about and it has NOTHING to do with the assertion of privilege.

2. There's nothing wrong with privilege. The entire concept of privilege has been given this immensely negative connotation as if it is something to be eschewed and torn down, but quite simply, Rank Has Its Privileges. It is nothing of the sort, it is something to be sought & earned.

This is a prime example of the dumbing down of this world. Just because something is posted in the internet, people take it and run with it without putting an ounce of thought into whether or not it hold any validity at all. All they're looking for is a quoteable postable that echoes their feelings.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 11/22/21 04:25 PM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FrankZ
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by mac

No. Here's Stefanski on the broken play that Landry made happen on his own.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1462533884407595014

milk...so what the hell is it you are complaining about...?

Stefanski said he wished he could take credit for the play, saying it was just a great player making a great play. Mayfield was covered so it was proper read by Landry who saw the middle open up and tood advantage of the Lions opening up the middle, leaving clear path to the endzone.

...and who was the 2nd guy to congratulate Landry for the TD...Mayfield.

So, I honestly don't understand how you could be upset about Landry not throwing the ball to Mayfield, who was covered and instead Landry taking advantage of hole the Lions left right up the middle and to the end zone for a TD.

BTW, had Landry executed the play as designed, it very well could have been a pick 6 for the Lions.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
I see you are confused here. At no point did I complain about the play call or the result of a TD as you seemed to have imagined. My comment was in this clip Baker seems to be sprinting around after the play celebrating with Landry and was not showing signs of being hobbled.

You then incorrectly stated that Stefanski had purposely designed this play call to clear out space on a designed run. You even stated it with some gusto!

You seem to be tilting at windmills here.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
he also made a couple of sublime throws. .

You have just won the award for biggest understatement of the year award on Dawgtalkers.net! rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I think that Baker is really, really hurt, and other teams are doing their best to make sure he doesn't get better against him. I cannot imagine playing QB when you can barely walk because of injuries to a knee and foot .... along with a serious injury to a shoulder ... even a non-throwing shoulder.

So is it then your assertion that both Baker and the team doctors are all lying to us that he's able to play? Because they all say he's ready. I'm not trying to say he isn't suffering from injuries. I'm saying they wouldn't be giving him the green light to play if he wasn't able to. That's why I don't buy into the, "He's damned near ready for a wheelchair" argument.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard