Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1905727 11/23/21 09:24 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
This is a monumental challenge, and if we get Hunt and Conklin back in the lineup it might be the difference between winning and losing.

Hance has struggled at pass pro (he's far better as an interior lineman, anyway) so we need Conk, and Hunt is the type of player whose versatility and talent can make a big impact.

Their D is going to concentrate on stopping the run, we must counter by getting the pass game going early. Quick hitters, bubble screens, effective play action, whatever it takes to force them not to sell out for the run.

We all know this, but we have to stretch the field and loosen up their D with successful deeper passes.

I'd play J'Marcus Bradley this week and sit Schwartz, especially if DPJ can't go (and even if he can). Bradley flashed a little last week and I think he's earned some PT.
Not knocking Schwartz but he is a rookie WR, and they often struggle their first season in the NFL. He looks really small out there.

On D, it's no secret that the best way to stop Balt. is to contain Lamar in the pocket. Their WRs I don't think are very good and we can cover, so limit Lamar breaking off huge chunks along the ground. When he does, make him pay. It's really that simple!!!! wink

Oh and cut down on the pre-snap, mental lapses that turn into penalties, it's getting to be excruciating.

This isn't do-or-die, but it's close enough. We need this one to maintain a realistic chance at the division title.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Legend
Legend
T
flamingmad

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
must win... or at least split one of the next two if we want any shot at playoffs...

Last edited by jaybird; 11/23/21 09:38 PM.

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Pray that that other guy is the QB and not Lamar Jackson.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is a must win ! in order to be a play off winner , you have to go into the opponents house and win.

No you don't pass the ball with a beat up QB...You make them stop the run... this team has Chubb Hunt And D' Johnson.. pound pound pound the ball !

Contain Lamar in the pocket ? seriously ..lmao... Ya got to blitz to do that !

M
Legend
Legend
M
The Ravens are near the bottom of the barrel in pass defense. They allow 8.1yds per pass attempt. They've also given up a league worse 11 pass plays over 40+ yards.

No excuses, just go win a big game against a quality opponent for a change.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did you watch the Browns / Lions Game ?

M
Legend
Legend
M
In person! (I didn't boo Baker)

I was noting where their defense is weak. Clearly, the Browns will run Chubb and Hunt (if available), but the Ravens, whom are pretty stout (2nd fewest yards allowed, but have been susceptible to allowing a big gain) against the run are going to force the Browns to beat them with their arm. They are well coached team, not some junk team like the Lions. I'd expect Harbaugh to try and take away what the Browns do best. The weather should be a non-factor in this one as well, at least looking at current forecasts.

Bottom line, we don't create the game plan so this is all non-sense anyway.

Go beat a quality opponent or pack it in for the season.

O
Legend
Legend
O
After last week, unfortunately, I don't think we stand a chance, even if Lamar is out.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Team up with Big John Studd
(Then have King Kong Bundy come out from the back and team up against Baltimore while we distract the referee.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted by Milk Man
The Ravens are near the bottom of the barrel in pass defense. They allow 8.1yds per pass attempt. They've also given up a league worse 11 pass plays over 40+ yards.

No excuses, just go win a big game against a quality opponent for a change.

I've heard this countless times about opposing teams pass d. We never do anything with it. It doesn't matter with us. We never make anybody pay for their disadvantages.

Just run the ball, pray for a miracle and hope Jackson doesn't play.

Legend
Legend
Unless Woods and our D show up with a plan to shut down Lamar, we're not winning this.
Even if our offense was humming along the way it SHOULD be instead of being totally gimped like it is, offense alone is not going to win this one.

On offense, the conservative crap HAS to be thrown out the window. Baltimore's O can score too much too fast and we will need to keep pace, and even get as far ahead as we possibly can.

This game, and every game going forward, is a Play-Off Game. Gloves off, conservatism set aside, measured aggressiveness.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
And keep the foot on the gas. Keep containing and hitting Lamar, and keep scoring. Don't go into your shell at the end of the game. Do let Chubb and Hunt run that clock out, but don't go prevent and do look to keep scoring.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Watch the Miami tape. Rinse and repeat...

2 members like this: SuperBrown, TrooperDawg
Legend
Legend
Lamar is the most blitzed QB in the NFL and the teams that have stopped him, have been successful at blitzing him.. we blitz less than any other team in the NFL. Something has to give.

The teams that blitzed him most successfully have slowed their offense significantly. You have to blitz with discipline and take away running lanes. Lamar has seemed more reluctant to run lately than he used to be, not sure why. He is still very dangerous but in the last couple Ravens games I've watched, I've noticed numerous times when he could have easily run for 7 yards (or more) and chose to try to fit in a tight throw that was rarely successful. IMO, JOK and Delpit might be the defensive keys to us slowing down the Ravens.

On offense we have got to limit the mistakes, the turnovers and the stupid penalties that put us in bad down/distance situations. We will be able to move the ball against the Ravens, it will come down to us not killing ourselves and our ability to turn yards into points. We need to be better in the red zone.

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Hammer
Watch the Miami tape. Rinse and repeat...

So blitz the bejeezus out of them?

Legend
Legend
JOK should be in his pocket as a hunter/seeker. Clowney and MG need to play hungry (hungrier) and be agents of chaos. I see it as their game to lose if we break Lamar. I have said before, I think his nut can be cracked if we get to him like Woods hasn't or won't. But I believe he can be upset enough early on with pressure like the Fish (?) did. But if they start all the parading around and showboating crap, they can just spiral away with the game. Need to get off the field, defense, and drive to points. He is dangerous.

Also, this game and this stretch should be dedicated to the memory of Ravenkiller. Need ya, man. Hoist one to him if you think of it, dawgs. I am sure he will be game-ready; wish he could cal some defense **chuckles**

Unleash the Elves!

Last edited by Bard Dawg; 11/24/21 01:24 PM. Reason: Correct the auto-correct

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
2 members like this: Steubenvillian, PitDAWG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
It worked for Miami, didn't it.

86 Defense. Totally confused Lamar. Could not deal with it.

Having said that, Miami's team speed on defense was very noticeable, they tackled extremely well, and they maintained gap integrity very well. Browns D would have to do same and to date, they have not exhibited any of those traits.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
D
Legend
Legend
D
Clowney and Garrett need to keep contain on the edges while still applying pressure. Its a big ask, especially with Myles selling out and charging upfield to rush the passer so much lately, which would be fine if we had a good, fast LB behind him.

Dave #1905901 11/24/21 06:28 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
Clowney and Garrett need to keep contain on the edges while still applying pressure. Its a big ask, especially with Myles selling out and charging upfield to rush the passer so much lately, which would be fine if we had a good, fast LB behind him.

Clowney and Garrett, Garrett especially, need to play 2-Gap when rushing because the Raven LOVE when a DE pushes aggressively because it creates a gap for Lamar to escape through.

If they rush without discipline, and we don't have anyone behind them plugging the gap AND covering the safety-valve screen, they will eat us alive, Judo-style.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Clowney and Garrett, Garrett especially, need to play 2-Gap when rushing because the Raven LOVE when a DE pushes aggressively because it creates a gap for Lamar to escape through.

If they rush without discipline, and we don't have anyone behind them plugging the gap AND covering the safety-valve screen, they will eat us alive, Judo-style.

I'd feel a lot better about it if JOK was healthy. I had hoped he and/or Delpit could fill that "spy" role against Lamar Jackson, but that was before Jeremiah was hurt and I saw Delpit's ole' on DeAndre Swift's long TD run last Sunday.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
As many have already said, we are going to have to do it with the run game, controlling the clock and time of possession, and defense. Also, limit penalties and unforced errors.

Dave #1905926 11/24/21 08:55 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
JOK was a full participant on the injury report.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Good news, thanks. If Baker plays like he can, we have a decent shot at the W.

Dave #1905932 11/24/21 09:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Good news, thanks. If Baker plays like he can, we have a decent shot at the W.

We have a solid shot. If our coaches dont hold us back

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns are not going to beat Baltimore. Baker is hurt. Badly. He should be shut down. Is it really worth him being the next RG3? Hurt so badly he can't play at a high level anymore? That said, if we were 100% healthy right now I would give us a very good chance. It would be a slugfest. Alas, we are nowhere near full strength. Also, our coaches are not holding us back. This is the same staff that got us to the playoffs last year. Injuries are no one's fault. This just isn't our year. That happens to every team at some point. No time to panic.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
This game I have no feel for.

Getting Conklin and Hunt back is really huge. RT has been a big problem. Hance is out of position and he is no Conklin.

Hunt brings an element of all out effort. He plays with a passion. In addition he adds to the passing game.

Weather looks good.

Ravens have been a problem for us. If we are going to save this season it must begin Sunday.

Hopefully DPJ will play. We need a guy to stretch the field.

I have a problem with Woods. I don't understand how he is using JOK?

Actually I dislike his scheme. I do not think he using the players to maximise their talents.

I do not believe we use deception to the full extent that we could. Not crazy about his personnel groupings. Don't think we use man coverage enough.

Use of blitz IMO is really conservative. All of the above are related.

Like many games turnovers will be important both ways.

Sunday will either be a happy day or a sad one.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This game is going to be all about the defense. I think we can score on them, the task will be to limit their offense. It can be done, Cinci and Miami both did it. Covering his escape routes is going to be crucial. Once again they are playing on a national stage. In the past, this has been a bad situation. Time to man up show some desire and effort, and take it to them.

Win it for Ravenkiller!!! God bless his soul

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Can The Browns Passing Game, take advantage of the porous Ravens pass defense.

Legend
Legend
Amen to all of that, S.! I would love to see us stick it to the Rats.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
Bringing Hunt back at this time, I think will screw up the fung schwa (e)... nevermind, what I meant to say was:

If the Browns can't score points in this game, Stefanski needs to be benched. (facepalm)

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Jusyju

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we stop "Lamar" we win. It is as simple as that, but not so simple to do.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Pray that that other guy is the QB and not Lamar Jackson.

Almost positive Lamar is playing and I wish for us to beat him...does us no good to beat the Ravens without Lamar...the omus would be upon us that we cannot beat them if they have Lamar. Its all about being a championship team and first we must Champion our division. We got most the pieces to do so. Hopefully our QB is close to 100% healthy as they have told us. A healthy Baker is a must in beating the Ravens... It is what I'm sure Raven fans are praying for as well as the lying hateful media...when we beat the Ravens and Baker has a big part of it I'm wondering if any of those so called experts will acknowledge it and possibly we have the better QB.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
This a prime time game.

It is time to beat the Ravens. The Browns are about as healthy as can be expected for this time of year.

The Raven's secondary is a mess. Baker needs to play well in this game.

Getting Conklin back should really help Baker. Hunt will play. He adds to both the run game and pass game.

DPJ will play. So, we should be able to use the whole field with Jarvis underneath and DPJ running deeper routes.

The offense should be able to score points.

The defense is where the game should be won or lost. Lamar has beaten us with his ability to run and throw. He has been beaten when he gets pressure from the blitz. The front four alone is not the answer. He can avoid them with his quickness. We need to bring speed players to rush him.
JOK, Hill, Delpit players that can stick to him.

I am looking at you Joe Woods. Show the Ravens you have learned. Bring different guys from different places.

This game is about the Browns game plan. Put the players in position to win this critical game.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Joe Woods doesn't have the balls to blitz an opposing quarterback.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is a must win. I do not want to hear "we must do a better job " from coaching after the game.
We have the talent to win this. Keep Lamar from running around the edges. The blueprint has been made. Follow it

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
I want to crush the stupid "Lamar lovefest" that media lavishes on him. Call the holds and PI and we can play hardball with them.
We must score and rattle him. We need some agents of chaos to make him miserable. Hope Woods can help today.

Unleash the Elves!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Exactly. We have to do something on D today that we don't normally do and Baltimore hasn't really seen from us. Blitzing a lot more and from all different angles would be a good start. We have the ability to play one on one with our CB's because they are good.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/28/21 01:35 PM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Run the ball.
Cut down on unforced errors.
Play with intensity.
Contain Lamar.

This is a must win!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 16 Beating Baltimore

Link Copied to Clipboard