OP Offline
Legend
T
Keep the Forum up for 3 weeks.

I forget the other one.

1st String
1st String
A great defensive performance wasted by a putrid offensive performance

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm done with Stefanski. His time is up as a play caller. Baker needs to sit. He is not healthy enough to function at the level needed. I'm sure nothing will change in two weeks and we will all watch Baltimore put 8 in the box while Stefanski continues to look clueless. Oh well...another wasted season in Cleveland. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good defensive show.

They shut down our run game and we didnt have an answer.

Also, our throwing plays take too long to develop.

I dont know if our guys arent open or Baker cant make a decision.

We will never get anywhere if it takes 3 seconds to throw the ball.

No Craps Given
1st String
1st String
At least we didn't get blown out.

How discouraging is it when your defense gets 4 ints and nothin to show for it?

We might possibly have the worst passing game in the league. The Jags would've won this game with ease.

M
Legend
Legend
M
From the other thread....

Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by The Beast
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
Ravens D was in an 8 man front all game and Browns offense had no answer for it.
That's on Stefanski. I doubt he changes anything for the next game against this SAME scheme. Dumbass. SMH
s

They threw up a stat midway thru 4th Q... Said 8 men in the box on 14% of plays unless I miss read it.

Tough loss. Biggest takeaway is that other than a couple of early passes our receivers get zero separation... Even on competition there are guys draped over them.

I agree with leadtheway... If you're a running tram, run it even when it's 2 yards a pop
... Losing conklin hurts real bad

Last edited by mgh888; 11/29/21 12:51 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Remember when we though Stefanski was the savior and Joe Woods was the problem? We have held 5 of our last 6 opponents under 17 points and we are 3-2 in those games..

My confidence in Stefanski is waning.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
once again, defense holds a good offense to 16 points for absolutely nothing.

our offense is trash. the playcalling, the QB right now, and the receivers. all we have is the O line and RB's.

there's not a damn thing any stefanski or baker apologist can say tonight to excuse this L.

4 turnovers...and we lost.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I think I saw a stat somewhere on the broadcast that teams who threw 4 INT were 0-52?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Time to turn to the draft now.

1 member likes this: vadawgfan07
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Yes since 2015.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

brownie

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This offense has problems. Is anybody open? Can they not get open? Does Baker not see them? Is Baker frustrated because nobody is open? People are on Stephanski, but he knew he had to throw to win. We don't have a number one receiver on this team. Where's Higgins? All he does is catch first downs.

Tough row to hoe coming up. Unless they figure out how to score, or even get first downs, it will be a lost season.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Despite a very disappointing night I must say JOK has been playing well. I think he may hold the key on how to defense the Ravens D looked pretty good for most of the game. Need the offense to start making plays.

AS a side note did it seem like we had a player down/inured about every 10 plays?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

LOL! Here we go again.

R
Legend
Legend
R
4 interceptions and a loss. Actually 4 interceptions and the game was never in doubt. Sad.

Head coach and QB are underwhelming.

Hats off to Woods who I have lobbied to fire. Called a great game. Defense executed a great game.

Season's over after super bowl aspirations.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
OH POST GAME THOUGHT... KEEP THE TEAM TOGETHER..
----------

I thought, Baker actually looked healthy tonight.

IN THE FIRST FREAKING HALF!!! ALL OF THOSE BAD DECISIONS BY THE QUARTERBACK WHRE HE RAN FOR HIS LIFE TOO QUICKLY,
WAS apparently afraid to stand in the pocket
and everytime he left the pocket, he only had one option. to try and complete a sideline pass that has only worked once in 3 years.

--------

next thought. Lamar Jackson, just threw up the ball for a punt tried for a completion 3 or 4 times.
on intercepted

two, for a touchdown or a completion at the 10

one more fore a drawn penalty flag???? that's right it wasn't the Pass int. penalty, it was the... take a dive for the roughing the passer penalty.

----------
The league needs to make sure the quarterback, named Lamar brown noise Jackson isn't taking a dive from a
hand tap
on a roughing the passer penalty, like a 105 pound girl! or like a European Soccer player.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I saw stefanski once again refuses to give up playcalling

I saw stefanski and the medical staff put Conklin out there when he could have treated a few more weeks. I mean he has missed so much time already mind as well wait a few more weeks. Now we are stuck with hance.

I saw receivers who get paid millions drop the ball while highins was inactive. Anyone else notice Landry has been dropping balls and making mistakes ever since his best friend was released?

Stefanski had no clue what to do after we lost Harrison and could not run the 3 tight end scheme we were deploying. Apparently stefanski didnt think to have a backup plan for that possible situation.

I saw our playoff Hope be crushed for good.

I see a long aggravating work week followed by another coming up.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
1 member likes this: mgh888
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We also dropped at least 4 balls that should have been caught one that would have kept a drive going. Doubt it would have made a difference.

Legend
Legend
Looking at this practically, we missed a makeable FG, Tucker never misses. And we couldn't get the right number of players on the field, COMING OUT OF A TIMEOUT, and gave them a first down that turned into a FG.. that's the basis of 6 points.

Another winnable game blown by offensive dysfunction... I'm tired of playing "Is it Baker, Baker's injuries, or Stefanski?" But in this offseason, that is the single biggest question Berry has to answer.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: mgh888
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Mayfield needs to sit - his injuries are causing his mechanics to degrade which is making his accuracy worse. Statistically speaking, him and Jared Goff are about the same. Is that what you want out of a starting QB? Because if that's what Browns fans are okay with in regards to QB play, then Andrew Berry's going to be drafting or trading for a QB in the next year or two.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 11/29/21 12:59 AM.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
In the 3rd quarter.
The Referee that called defensive holding on What's his name. That referee needs fired, it's pretty much impossible for him to hold there.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
YES. If he had receivers, the team would have wins.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We are who our record says we are, an average Football Team. Lots of Pro Bowl players with an average QB and average to below average play calling and coaching since Week 3.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
The NY Giants and the NY Jets are the two worst ran teams in the entire NFL

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Baker actually played great. He has a combination of the worst play caller, route designer, oc in the nfl and the worst wr Corp. the wr’s either don’t get open take forever to get open or drop the ball. Ski acted like he didn’t have a clue the defense ravens would run.

I listened to the National broadcast on radio all night. The would not stop talking about how the receivers were not getting open and baker had no where to throw.

Please cut baker so he can escape this mess.

Get ready for the draft? You guys are truly pathetic.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
You mean when Collinsworth says (twice) that our biggest deep threat is a TE, Njoku, that's not normal?

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: mgh888, Dawg Citizen
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Should win the game when your D gets 4 picks and only gives up 16 points.

Browns lost because...
They couldn't run the ball.
Started an injured QB that's not 100%.
No playmaking receiver that is a threat and can stretch the field.
Missed an FG.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S

Hold on a second. You're okay with Jared Goff level QB play? Am I reading this right? In that case - if that's the case, if I'm Andrew Berry, I'm offering Seattle 2 1st round picks and a second for Wilson and I don't think twice about it.

1st String
1st String
The fat lady sang at the closing of our playoff and post-season hopes tonight. Turn out the lights, the party’s over….

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
You mean when Collinsworth says (twice) that our biggest deep threat is a TE, Njoku, that's not normal?

Good point there.

No Craps Given
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
You forgot the Detroit Lions.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Offense was terrible. I don't know what Baker's deal is. If him not being 100% is impacting his play, then he needs to sit.

Defense got it together after letting the ravens take up half the 2nd quarter on one drive. The 12 men on the field penalty on 4th down after a timeout, was that a defensive blunder or a special teams blunder?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN

Then if the Passes were on target and the players drop them. ...
In the first half
the Biggest threat was Harrsion Bryant as a Wide Receiver. (He must be a better WR than Davion Davis)

oh, nevermind, they kept, Jamarcus Bradley...

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T

They don't play in the Biased! League! offices'! Home City!!!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
[

They don't play in the Biased! League! offices'! Home City!!!
Good point.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This loss was entirely on Stefanski. You have your QB getting rushed by 6 people while sending out 3 TE's being defended by DB's they can't get separation from. Who in the hell ever heard of an offense playing 1 WR? Until Stefanski gets fired or we get an offensive coordinator to call the game we can expect the same every game. There's no QB in the NFL that can have 6 people rushing him every play and expect success with only 1 WR and 3 TE's all dropping passes. Book on the Browns - rush 6 and stack the box because the receivers can't beat you and the coach cannot or won't adjust.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't make your QB a game control QB and then expect him to suddenly throw 35 times to receivers who are only used to being targeted 3 times a game. When the play action is dead, the Browns receivers are incapable of getting separation. Hell the Ravens didn't even need safeties against the Browns - Baker only had enough time to throw 5-10 yard passes and his receivers either didn't have separation or dropped the ball. This loss is all on Stefanski again!

Look, having a dominate running game is awesome until you can't run. Then you have to adjust - something the Browns have failed to do this entire season and that's on Stefanski - PERIOD!

A final thought - for all you people who have the day dream that Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson needs to come to the Browns - there is no way in hell any of those guys are going to come to Cleveland to play in a game controlled run only offense to throw only 20 times a game. You're out of your mind if you believe any of those players would even consider Cleveland for a fleeting moment - NOT IF STEFANSKI IS THE HEAD COACH - no way no how!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
3 members like this: mgh888, devicedawg, Baker_Dawg
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
The Lions scored more points against the Ravens than the Browns did. That's telling.

Legend
Legend
Our last possession was somewhat analogous of entire passing game..

Play 1 - Baker is under pressure immediately because Wills got beat right off the snap. He somehow manages to get the ball out of bounds.
Play 2 - Has a little time, back shoulder throw to Jarvis, either the throw was too far behind him or... Jarvis waited too long to turn back.... either way, he was well covered but it was a makeable play if Baker and Jarvis had been on the same page.
Play 3 - Hits Hooper in the hands, well covered but could have been caught and would have given us 3rd and 1, didn't catch it.
Play 4 - Hits the underneath route but tackled before the first down..

Our offensive passing game in 4 plays.

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 16 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard