Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
One other thought:

How do we have 12 men on the field for a PR ..... twice?

Coaching is a problem this season, and I fear that it's contagious. Stefanski needs to swallow his pride and give up the p[lay calling, so he can handle the bigger picture.

I agree 100%

O
Legend
Legend
O
lol, I knew you would be the one to come unglued after the toes comment.

Some people understand that it's probably more than 1 problem going on with this team right now... as well as a combination of those problems.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c…

R
Legend
Legend
R
Just curious, but why doesn't Baker get them into a better play? What exactly is he doing at the line?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Jake Burns
@jake_burns18
There is no "change this play to something entirely different" audibling from Baker.

There are two plays given at times (you will hear him yell CAN and REWIND on those accordingly but it is strict to those two plays).

The reasoning behind the "why" for this is unknown.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1465336374337355779

C
Legend
Legend
C
Is this a Jared Goff situation where the coach doesn’t trust the QB?

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by cfrs15

We have a winner. Give the man a prize - another crappy season of Browns football!

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
D
Legend
Legend
D
It looks to me like the coach doesn't trust either of his QBs, seeing as how he won't play Keenum even when Mayfield is at 50-60%. He pretty clearly doesn't trust his OC to call plays either, even though a case could be made that the team needs more of a CEO approach from the HC.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by GraffZ06

We have a winner. Give the man a prize - another crappy season of Browns football!

Who is our Matthew Stafford?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c…

Stefanski ego is a major reason we wont make the playoffs. At this point mind as well give playcalling to pelt. Wont happen though.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Run Chubb and Hunt on the outside edges. When it is one on one they are hard to tackle. If they are stacking the box you don't call plays between the tackles. Kevin gives up on the run almost every game. Just go back in past games and look at the run plays compared to throwing plays and you will see.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by HarleyDawg51
Run Chubb and Hunt on the outside edges. When it is one on one they are hard to tackle. If they are stacking the box you don't call plays between the tackles. Kevin gives up on the run almost every game. Just go back in past games and look at the run plays compared to throwing plays and you will see.

Given our lack of high-end WRs and TEs, I'd like to see a lot more of Chubb and Hunt on the field together. In addition to the increased offensive firepower, one of them could help in pass pro when needed while the other went out as a receiver. With Blake Hance at RT, we'll need some help there.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Jared Goff. willynilly

Legend
Legend
J/c

I think those who are saying that Stefanski knows Baker’s limitations and doesn’t trust him are spot on. I bet if you gave Stefanski truth serum his thoughts on Baker wouldn’t be positive

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Jared Goff. willynilly

Oh no

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We are what our record says we are. An average Football Team with an average QB and an average head coach whi says every single week that he needs to get better. Reminds me of the daily Pat Shurmur "we battled" crazy talk. It has gotten very, very old

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DaveyD
We are what our record says we are. An average Football Team with an average QB and an average head coach whi says every single week that he needs to get better. Reminds me of the daily Pat Shurmur "we battled" crazy talk. It has gotten very, very old

What would you like him to say?

1 member likes this: CBFAN19
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm handing over play calling duties to Van Pelt

2 members like this: DaveyD, WSU Willie
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

“I’m handing over play calling duties because the QB can’t throw the ball accurately.”

I don’t know how well that would go over.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Not the Browns but still applies.

D
Legend
Legend
D

“I’m handing over play calling duties because the QB can’t throw the ball accurately.”

If Stefanski really thinks that then he owes it to the team, himself, and his staff - not to mention the fans - to replace the QB with his $7M backup QB. But somehow he hasn't done that, and apparently has no plan to do that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

For who ? I would imagine the top two RB's in this league would be happy

Legend
Legend
So disappointed in our offense.... defense played one of their best games of the season... offense was awful.... sad Conkilin got hurt... Baker was decent at times.... we had zero running game and really gave very little effort to rush... pathetic offense.... hope it's better after the bye

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After the bye the ass whippings begin.. In the whole season..How many times have the Browns played as a whole team ? When the O and the D played together as a good unit to win ? one maybe two ? One against the Bengals the other against the Bears...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Yes indeed we are not the only team to drop passes. Is there a box score from last night that shows how many passes Baltimore dropped??

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A couple of thoughts about this year’s Browns team versus last year’s team.

Impressions, perhaps supported by some facts.

Last years team had better discipline and a lot fewer penalties.

I think KS has become enamored with the three tight end set. This can be can be defended and minimizes any big play opportunities.

I also think KS is trying to protect a wounded QB.

KS is more conservative in play calling because the defense is better.

Yes, the defense is better, but the team is not better.

There were games last year were the Browns could beat you through the air or on the ground… This year, it falls apart if the ground game is shut down.

I do not miss Sendejo. He was the most memorable player from last years defense.

I honestly believe that the Browns do not blitz enough to keep other teams honest and this years defense is very predictable with better players making the difference.

Last year the Browns had oline injuries to Teller and Tretter, they subbed and played on… This year Wills and Conklin and they changed the plan to cover… Maybe the smarter move is to move the guard to tackle, so the tackles are not as exposed.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Last year our schedule was much easier than this year.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
one thing that we aren’t used to: knowing this is our window and we’re wasting a season.

The good news: if we finish 3/4th in the division we’ll have an easier schedule next year. It’ll look something like this:

Baltimore x 2
Pittsburgh x 2
Cincinnati x 2
@ Atlanta
@ Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
@ Buffalo
@ Miami
NY Jets
New England
@ Houston
Denver
@ NY Giants

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Yep. The only variants could be the Giants and Denver. That just depends on the final standings of each as compared to ours, though I might not see it as all that much easier.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
What else can it be? Honest question.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Start with fans don't know.

It is always greener on the other side.

Seattle is losing. They are last in many categories. Wilson? Is he really healthy? He is playing. He wants to play.

He is either not healthy or he stinks.

Sound familiar? Let's go get Wilson that will fix everything.

Honestly, I have grown tired of the talk. I thought going into this season we had a shot at a Super Bowl.

When your expectations are so high. Anything less is a disappointment. One thing is certain you can never figure in injuries.

They happen. They happen to every team. It is a matter of luck on how bad they will be.

I am over the Baker talk.

I want only one thing and that is to win a Super Bowl. I don't care who we have or how it gets done. I am an old man now. I was in 11th grade in 1964 when the Browns won the title. It wasn't even called the Super Bowl.

I mean damn how long should it take. I have done my suffering. I have paid enough dues. I have seen so many quarterbacks they are all looking the same. They have all failed. So has ownership, GM's, head coaches, and all the players.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Our window started the moment we drafted Baker. Which is why it was such a disaster to keep Hue. And then Freddie compounded the problems.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. I was in the 2nd grade in 1964 and wasn't even a Browns fan yet. After we won the championship in 1964 no Browns fan then, or for that matter any football fan, would have believed that for the next 57 years the Browns would not have won another one. Kind of ridiculous really.

Legend
Legend

I don't want him to SAY anything, I want him to fix it so he doesn't have to keep saying it.. He doesn't get paid $3.5 million a year to say the right things in press conferences, he gets paid that much to solve problems and put a winning football team on the field.

If that means changing up the game planning, so be it.
If that means giving the play calling to somebody else, so be it.
If that means putting Keenum in, so be it.

Tomorrow is December 1, since September 26 we have scored more than 17 points exactly... twice. Oddly enough, both of those times were against pretty good teams and we scored over 40 points...

We've been held under 100 yards rushing 4 times in our last 7 games... Baker hasn't completed more than 53% of his passes in any of the last 3 games after routinely being in the high 60s and 70% range almost every week before that...

I don't know if it's Bakers injuries or if the inability to pull the trigger on throws is in his head, if other teams have just figured us out and the book is written on how to stop us, if it was the loss of Kareem Hunt for 5 weeks, if it's injuries to the OL, if it's our weak WR group... I don't know. I would suspect it's some combination of a lot of things but it's Stafanski's job to know, and to overcome those obstacles... yet what I see on the field every week looks remarkably like the week before and the week before that and is equally ineffective. Then he comes into the press conference and says "It's on me".. well, yea. Until I see you try something different, then I have to assume that you think what you are doing is the best we got... and it ain't working.

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: PrplPplEater, Dave
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
A couple of thoughts about this year’s Browns team versus last year’s team.

Impressions, perhaps supported by some facts.

Last years team had better discipline and a lot fewer penalties.

0.75 penalties per game difference between last year and this year through 12 games. 7.083 per game in 2021 and 6.333 per game in 2020. I wouldn't call that a lot fewer penalties. .

Legend
Legend
One thing that’s stood out to me about penalties: this year we seem to have FAR MORE alignment/pre-snap penalties than last year.

Last year I would be pretty astounded at how often we’d shift, motion, change personnel, etc and never have those penalties. This year it seems to happen MUCH too often.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
one thing that we aren�t used to: knowing this is our window and we�re wasting a season.

The good news: if we finish 3/4th in the division we�ll have an easier schedule next year. It�ll look something like this:

Baltimore x 2
Pittsburgh x 2
Cincinnati x 2
@ Atlanta
@ Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
@ Buffalo
@ Miami
NY Jets
New England
@ Houston
Denver
@ NY Giants
I went to nfl2schedules com or something future schedules 2022 and this is what they said.
All division games, yep
@ ATL, and @ Car, yep
New England at home yep

Saints in Cleveland
Buccaneers in Cleveland
NY Jets in Cleveland
@ Miami, @ Buffalo those set in stone

(An AFC WEST team, ) in Cleveland (Denver, or raiders, or LAC, or KC)
@ (An AFC South team), (@titans, or @jaguars, or @ouston or @colts)
and
@ (An NFC East team), (@dallas, or @hiladelphia, or @washing ton, or @ nygiants)
That equals 17 games for the Browns in 2022
In 2022 the Browns 6~ road, AFC games will be...
@ Miami, @ Buffalo, @Pittsburgh, @Cincinnati, @ Baltimoer, and @(an AFC south variable team).

There won't be an easier schedule next year, all the teams in the NFL will get better,
The Texans and Lions will have a lot of draft choices to get better, the Jaguars and Jets will have 2nd year instead of rookie QBs.
The only team that might get worse next year than this is the Seahawks.

If you think you are waiting on, or living in, a window you are not going to win anything.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
How are the Browns going to win anything, if they spend 90% of all the weeks of the last two seasons, in 3rd or 4th place in their own division. They only got into whatever place they finsished in, in the very last week of last year.

If they don't learn who the Browns are, and how to win as the Browns, I don't think they will win anything in any of our lifetimes, they could easily go another 25 years with no more success than the last 25.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You can't think like that, it's a defeatist attitude.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 11/30/21 09:59 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 16 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard