Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
What's the url of a tweet that DOES work?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by FATE; 11/02/21 09:02 PM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Thanks, FATE.

Good

Bad

I don't think there's anything I can do. They're all identical in format.
All the board does is pass a URL or tweet ID to some javascript from Twitter.

I'd guess that this Scott Dehn guy somehow has things set so that his posts cannot be embedded, or something. That's just a TOTAL guess, however. I don't use Twitter, so I don't know what settings are actually available to a user.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
At first I thought something in the machine didn't like all those zeros... obviously that can't be true.

Now I'm thinking that maybe it's because it's an empty tweet. Absolutely no comment or anything -- just a jpeg.

We'll keep watching...

T
Legend
Legend
T
Poll Manager doesn't come up to allow to create polls. May be this slow internet device.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Poll Manager doesn't come up to allow to create polls. May be this slow internet device.

Did you try in K9 Consensus or another board?

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
Oh it was in K9 consensus.
Question, do you have to follow a member to give that person a like, currently there are likes under the post count, I don't know how they work, but again it's not a big deal if it remains something I don't understand, just a couple of posters I'd like to like, but not comfortable following anyone.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
The likes count under a name is either how many likes that person has given to posts or how many their posts have received. I don't know which. I do know that I am not fond at all of the new Likes system and will almost definitely be killing it off.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
After using the new like function for a while, the 2-click system is more of a pain than before. I know I'd be happy to see the old system come back.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
The screen stretches on mobile.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

So... my posts don't reflect EST time and they are wildly early and so is everyone else's I view. Maybe a settings thing?

Disregard. I found my setting were set to another time zone and adjusted. Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but you can change it back to EST/New York Time.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 11/23/21 08:14 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Anyone else keep clicking "Like" when they intend to hit "Reply"? I've done it quite a few times. Could we move "Like" to the other side?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
Anyone else keep clicking "Like" when they intend to hit "Reply"? I've done it quite a few times. Could we move "Like" to the other side?

I have done it about ...... 100 times. I also do it when I go to click "quote".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
One other minor glitch (IMO). I don't generally use the "Ignore" function, because its easy enough skim past replies from certain posters. But I have chosen to ignore one poster. On those rare occasions when I toggle onto his post to read it, it appears, but in a really dark and hard-to-read font.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

I have done it about ...... 100 times. I also do it when I go to click "quote".

I really dislike this new, built-in "Like" functionality and need to just shut it off, but before I do I need to sit my but down and get my old stuff added in. It *should* just work without any issues.... I just need to make the time to do it. I haven't much felt like doing any of it since finishing the server move/upgrade.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
One other minor glitch (IMO). I don't generally use the "Ignore" function, because its easy enough skim past replies from certain posters. But I have chosen to ignore one poster. On those rare occasions when I toggle onto his post to read it, it appears, but in a really dark and hard-to-read font.

I'll try to take a look at this, but if you're ignoring them, then it's probably the way it is supposed to be.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

I'll try to take a look at this, but if you're ignoring them, then it's probably the way it is supposed to be.
I like it this way. As you squint to read it , you're reminded why you're ignoring them.

BTW, Dave, highlighting the text seems to help quite a bit.

2 members like this: Dave, oobernoober
Legend
Legend
For the ignore feature, I don't see the actual post by the poster, but I'll see that they posted something... then there's a button I can click if I want to actually read it.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yep, Dave is saying that after you click to read the post it's hard to read. It's pretty dark like the post is "shaded".

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not to wear it out (I know, too late), but you see the same unreadable font color when someone edits their post. You can see it it in Memphis Brownie's edited post above in this thread.

Anyway ... no biggy, but I'd rather be able to read things clearly.

Edit: you also see it with the name of the person you are replying to as displayed in your own post.

Last edited by Dave; 12/02/21 07:51 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why does the message icon flash every time I log in when I have no message? Been this way for years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Why does the message icon flash every time I log in when I have no message? Been this way for years.

Any answer to this?

Legend
Legend

Any answer to this?

No real answer, but my guess is that you mean you see it flash briefly before disappearing. My guess in response to that is that I expect the image (.gif) that gets displayed when you have a new message is set to be visible by default and is only hidden after the code that checks messages executes. Ideally, that scenario should be reversed. The image should be hidden in the base templates and only made visible if you have a new message. It's likely just oversight as to what makes sense on the part of the developers.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Legend
Legend
Not to wear it out (I know, too late), but you see the same unreadable font color when someone edits their post. You can see it it in Memphis Brownie's edited post above in this thread.

Anyway ... no biggy, but I'd rather be able to read things clearly.

Edit: you also see it with the name of the person you are replying to as displayed in your own post.

Text that is present only as an addendum or informational item is given a muted appearance intentionally. I did that to allow it to be technically readable, but to not take away from what the actual message to be read is. I could probably play around with the colors and brighten them a little bit, but they will never have the same appearance as the body of a message as I don't want them to be THAT visible. They're notational bits of information, not the main information.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is the follow thread checkbox selected by default when using the Full Editor or have I just been fat fingering it by accident?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I'm honestly not sure and I cannot find a site or user preference that sets it one way or the other.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
It really appears to be set by default.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
It would be nice if there were an ignore topic button.
If you could look at the title of a topic, and then never have to see it at the top again.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Anyone else having a problem staying logged in? It accepts my login after I check the "stay logged in" box, but if I navigate away from the board and come back, I'm logged out again.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Anyone else having a problem staying logged in? It accepts my login after I check the "stay logged in" box, but if I navigate away from the board and come back, I'm logged out again.

Odd. Since the day it changed, I haven't had to log in once. In the past, it seemed every couple of weeks, or however many number of posts, I'd have to log back in.

Legend
Legend
Delete your cookies, then see how it goes.

Click here: https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/mycookies

Click the "Expire Cookies" button.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Same here with my phone. But I have to log in everytime I close and reopen a browser on my laptop.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D

This didn't work.

D
Legend
Legend
D

This didn't work.

I don't know if you tried anything further, but its all working fine again. Maybe I just needed to restart after expiring site cookies. Thanks.

Legend
Legend
I did nothing at any point, so I think that expiring the cookies probably worked just fine.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I have no audio on embedded Twitter and Youtube videos. I'm not sure when this started, but it couldn't have been more than a couple weeks or so. The sound is there when I open them on the actual sites, but not in Dawgtalkers.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
We have no control over that. DawgTalkers can only display what their embed code sends to the site, and technically, we aren't even really doing anything. They simply give us code that allows them to insert their code/content into our pages. What you see here is just whatever they send; the embed code just tells our pages to blindly accept and show whatever they send. And, really, we don't even play it... the controls and display all talks directly to their sites and not "through" ours; it just displays here. The audio isn't something they even expose as an option for a site to implement or not.

Are the videos perhaps just muted?

I'd try clearing your browser cache, restarting the browser, then trying again.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Thanks. Deep in the advanced Chrome settings I found where audio was disabled for this site. How that happened, I have no idea. No other sites were on the list, just this one. Probably Covid.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Had to be Covid bro. Chrome probably noticed the brash amount of misinformation on this site.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Board upgrade bug reports

Link Copied to Clipboard