Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1908275 12/05/21 12:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
The Chargers vs. Bengals.

I think that a Chargers Win, at the end of today, for this week would most help the Browns as neither team would get to the 8 win mark on this week, where the Browns are in a bye and cannot play.

Therefore I'll root for the Herbert Chargers to win today, plus it would be a loss for another team in the AFC north.
Plus the Browns showed to be the better team against the chargers as the referees stole that game from the Browns when they played.
And even with the refs stealing it for them the LA team still had to go for it on 4th down on their own side of the field also.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/05/21 12:33 PM. Reason: thread title

" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!
THROW LONG #1908278 12/05/21 01:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Unless it would deny us a playoff spot, I always root against division opponents.


No really, I care about your feelings. rolleyes

#gmstrong

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Unless it would deny us a playoff spot, I always root against division opponents.

Looks like I'll be rooting for a tie for the 4:25 game




THROW LONG #1908293 12/05/21 03:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,107
Likes: 8
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,107
Likes: 8
Damnit....Chargers are gonna let this one get away.

DeisleDawg #1908294 12/05/21 03:36 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Unless it would deny us a playoff spot, I always root against division opponents.

Looks like I'll be rooting for a tie for the 4:25 game

When they play each other, only root for one if you need them to win for the playoff hopes.


No really, I care about your feelings. rolleyes

#gmstrong

THROW LONG #1908301 12/05/21 04:37 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,901
Likes: 66
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,901
Likes: 66
Sure is nice not to watch us lose for one Sunday.

I wish they would just move the team to Antarctica for all I care.


"There's a gleam men. There's a gleam. Let's get the gleam." Marty Schottenheimer

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Psydeffect #1908303 12/05/21 04:39 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Damnit....Chargers are gonna let this one get away.

That fumble pick up for a 6 was much needed !




Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Unless it would deny us a playoff spot, I always root against division opponents.

Looks like I'll be rooting for a tie for the 4:25 game

When they play each other, only root for one if you need them to win for the playoff hopes.


Going to root for a tie.. I really don't want to see the Steelers win another game.. Surely won't want to see the Ravens win .. as far as the Browns..well ya know ..this isn't their year.. so I'll enjoy Steelers..Ravens and Bengals losses and ties..




DeisleDawg #1908305 12/05/21 05:08 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,107
Likes: 8
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,107
Likes: 8
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Damnit....Chargers are gonna let this one get away.

That fumble pick up for a 6 was much needed !

Must be an Ohio thing, Bengals just Browns'd this one away didn't they.

Psydeffect #1908306 12/05/21 05:12 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Damnit....Chargers are gonna let this one get away.

That fumble pick up for a 6 was much needed !

Must be an Ohio thing, Bengals just Browns'd this one away didn't they.


Must be the blood ties... The Paul Brown thing ya know !




DeisleDawg #1908308 12/05/21 05:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
So, after the Bengals losing yo the Chargers, a Steelers win over the Ravens would be a Christmas gift to the Browns. Minnesota losing helped too.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/05/21 05:22 PM.

No really, I care about your feelings. rolleyes

#gmstrong

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Lions get a win ! I want a tie and I want the Browns to grow a sack and be able to win games they are losing.. They are going no where this season so I want to see a tie...




THROW LONG #1908312 12/05/21 05:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
Let’s go Steelers?

cfrs15 #1908313 12/05/21 05:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Let’s go Steelers?


NOOOO !!! lets tie Ravens ! lol smile




THROW LONG #1908314 12/05/21 05:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
any of you wanting a Steeler win..ya enjoying them terrible towels waving around ? I sure in the hell am not !!!




THROW LONG #1908319 12/05/21 06:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,775
Likes: 195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,775
Likes: 195
Yay Chargers dominated!


No Craps Given
cfrs15 #1908330 12/05/21 07:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,955
Likes: 420
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,955
Likes: 420
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Let’s go Steelers?

Yep. A Ravens win here and the Browns division title hopes are pretty much shot, however slim they already were.

Milk Man #1908334 12/05/21 07:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Let’s go Steelers?

Yep. A Ravens win here and the Browns division title hopes are pretty much shot, however slim they already were.


Watching how both these teams suck makes it even worse as a Browns fan !




THROW LONG #1908335 12/05/21 07:32 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
where is shannon sharp yelling about 3 measly first half points? Maybe people are going too far in the baker hate instead of balti defense is really good.


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by lionchamp29
where is shannon sharp yelling about 3 measly first half points? Maybe people are going too far in the baker hate instead of balti defense is really good.


But ... their D really isn't




THROW LONG #1908338 12/05/21 07:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 16
R
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 16
Man I hate rooting for the stoolers. Worst team in the division (as long as we start playing to our potential).

Rats look like crap. The division is up for grabs.

DeisleDawg #1908341 12/05/21 08:02 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
run defense wise they are. And its a bad match for a run first team.


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
THROW LONG #1908343 12/05/21 08:08 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
Talk of Lamar being a good QB is misplaced. A fine RB. Not a good QB.


Time for a new signature
1 member likes this: eotab
THROW LONG #1908344 12/05/21 08:10 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
Likes: 13
S
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
S
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
Likes: 13
The Browns abandoned the run too soon when they played Baltimore last Sunday. The Steelers are averaging 3 yards a carry as a team, but they're sticking with it.

2 members like this: Steubenvillian, DeisleDawg
THROW LONG #1908346 12/05/21 08:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
Lamar doesn`t process fast enough


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
The Browns abandoned the run too soon when they played Baltimore last Sunday. The Steelers are averaging 3 yards a carry as a team, but they're sticking with it.

I just wrote the same thing and then deleted my text .... But yes, 100%


Time for a new signature
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
The Browns abandoned the run too soon when they played Baltimore last Sunday. The Steelers are averaging 3 yards a carry as a team, but they're sticking with it.

This is not a logically correct statement.

1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
cfrs15 #1908349 12/05/21 08:16 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
Likes: 13
S
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
S
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
The Browns abandoned the run too soon when they played Baltimore last Sunday. The Steelers are averaging 3 yards a carry as a team, but they're sticking with it.

This is not a logically correct statement.

Oh?

2 members like this: DeisleDawg, cfrs15
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
The Browns abandoned the run too soon when they played Baltimore last Sunday. The Steelers are averaging 3 yards a carry as a team, but they're sticking with it.

This is not a logically correct statement.

Oh?


LMAO !!!




THROW LONG #1908352 12/05/21 08:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
Guess if Lamar cant strap the Ravens on his back for a win he is trash


Time for a new signature
THROW LONG #1908353 12/05/21 08:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
still time to see lamar get his clock cleaned


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
THROW LONG #1908354 12/05/21 08:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
Haha. An offsides saved a gane losing interception.


Time for a new signature
THROW LONG #1908355 12/05/21 08:29 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
balti is gonna score too quick. jk....maybe


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
THROW LONG #1908356 12/05/21 08:31 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
Love seeing pit implode

Kudos to Lamar

Last edited by mgh888; 12/05/21 08:31 PM.

Time for a new signature
THROW LONG #1908357 12/05/21 08:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
the dreaded tie


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
THROW LONG #1908358 12/05/21 08:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
i kick it


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
THROW LONG #1908359 12/05/21 08:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 661
Likes: 111
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 661
Likes: 111
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

THROW LONG #1908360 12/05/21 08:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 49,075
Likes: 139
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 49,075
Likes: 139
Baltimore had the right play called, but Lamar couldn't get it to Andrews. Wow. Heck of a call on 4th down, and almost a heck of a play.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
THROW LONG #1908361 12/05/21 08:34 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,239
Likes: 6
the ol onside baby


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
THROW LONG #1908362 12/05/21 08:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
Likes: 13
S
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
S
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
Likes: 13
I'm confused as to why you'd go for 2 there when you have Justin Tucker. I think I would've taken my chances in OT.

THROW LONG #1908363 12/05/21 08:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,579
Likes: 332
Ravens fall to Pit! nanner


No really, I care about your feelings. rolleyes

#gmstrong

THROW LONG #1908364 12/05/21 08:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,775
Likes: 195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,775
Likes: 195
At first I thought, Wow thats a ballsy call. Then I thought, No that was just stupid. What were they thinking?!?!? Theres gonna be some pissed off Ravens fans.


No Craps Given
1 member likes this: jfanent
THROW LONG #1908365 12/05/21 08:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 16
R
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 16
Ugh. Needed the rats to lose. But i need a shower after rooting for the stoolers to beat those scumbags.

1 member likes this: FATE
THROW LONG #1908368 12/05/21 08:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,599
Likes: 66
S
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,599
Likes: 66
The Steelers proved something. Late in the game, you can run on the Ravens. I don't know if we could have last week, but they did it today. It fueled their game winning drive. I wanted to see the Steelers lose, but them winning helps. Our offense needs to step up next week or all bets are off.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
Rooting for one of these teams over the other is like choosing how you want to be executed.

3 members like this: SuperBrown, FATE, DeisleDawg
THROW LONG #1908372 12/05/21 09:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
AFC North
Ravens 8-4
Bengals 7-5
Steelers 6-5-1
Browns 6-6

Wk 14
Ravens @ Browns
Steelers @ Vikings
49ers @ Bengals

What I hope is the outcome
Ravens 8-5
Browns 7-6
Bengals 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Rooting for one of these teams over the other is like choosing how you want to be executed.

makes me sick




THROW LONG #1908374 12/05/21 09:00 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 844
Likes: 25
D
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 844
Likes: 25
Thank you Harbaugh but the Browns MUST beat the Ravens next week! Baker better be on point and we need to RUN the ball!

DeisleDawg #1908376 12/05/21 09:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
Agreed +1

DaveyD #1908379 12/05/21 09:10 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 77
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Thank you Harbaugh but the Browns MUST beat the Ravens next week! Baker better be on point and we need to RUN the ball!

The Ravens will stack the box and the Browns will lose...




DeisleDawg #1908381 12/05/21 09:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,287
Likes: 24
S
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,287
Likes: 24
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Thank you Harbaugh but the Browns MUST beat the Ravens next week! Baker better be on point and we need to RUN the ball!

The Ravens will stack the box and the Browns will lose...

Yeah, part that ticks me off the most is if we just would have sat Conklin two more weeks we would have him this upcoming weekend. Stefanski and the medical staff destroyed that chance though


" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
I was just looking at the standings and the schedule.

Wide open. Nothing is decided in the whole AFC. The games ahead are against each other.

The NFL has achieved true parity. Oh wait, the Patriots are the top seed.

Anything could happen. Nobody knows.

slick #1908385 12/05/21 09:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
Originally Posted by slick
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Thank you Harbaugh but the Browns MUST beat the Ravens next week! Baker better be on point and we need to RUN the ball!

The Ravens will stack the box and the Browns will lose...

Yeah, part that ticks me off the most is if we just would have sat Conklin two more weeks we would have him this upcoming weekend. Stefanski and the medical staff destroyed that chance though

What? It was a totally different injury. He returned from an elbow injury and went down with a torn patellar tendon.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, oobernoober
EveDawg #1908387 12/05/21 09:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by EveDawg
At first I thought, Wow thats a ballsy call. Then I thought, No that was just stupid. What were they thinking?!?!? Theres gonna be some pissed off Ravens fans.

Actually, it turned out to be a good call as Andrews was open for 2. All they needed was a QB with a bit of accuracy. Yes, there will be some pissed off Ravens fans, and it was a ballsy call. Poor execution by the QB does not change that.


How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,775
Likes: 195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,775
Likes: 195
I wouldnt want our coach making that call. Take the xp and go to OT.


No Craps Given
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,265
Likes: 54
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,265
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Rooting for one of these teams over the other is like choosing how you want to be executed.

Stefanskis choice



Joe Thomas #73
THROW LONG #1908393 12/05/21 10:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
We beating the ravens next week?


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1908404 12/05/21 11:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,222
Likes: 13
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,222
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by Swish
We beating the ravens next week?
Good news is their star CB Marlon Humphrey is now out for the year, so that secondary should be more exposed as theyve struggled all year (mostly due to other injuries in that secondary) Baker needs to be big and tear that secondary up.

EveDawg #1908410 12/06/21 12:25 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I wouldnt want our coach making that call. Take the xp and go to OT.

Do you have a better chance at winning if you have the ball at the two and need to score or win a coin flip and/or stop the other team and score? I’m going for two every time.

THROW LONG #1908413 12/06/21 06:10 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 60,714
Likes: 124
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 60,714
Likes: 124
J/c

I’ve never seen the AFC so wide open and crazy. It’s just a mass of 10-12 teams right around each other. The Chargers and Steelers losses doom us, but we still have a small chance


"First down inside the 10. A score here likely puts us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. DPJ is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Hunt are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
tru_dawgs #1908421 12/06/21 09:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
Originally Posted by Swish
We beating the ravens next week?
Good news is their star CB Marlon Humphrey is now out for the year, so that secondary should be more exposed as theyve struggled all year (mostly due to other injuries in that secondary) Baker needs to be big and tear that secondary up.

So we can take advantage of their poor secondary like we did last time?


How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Dave #1908422 12/06/21 09:10 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by slick
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Thank you Harbaugh but the Browns MUST beat the Ravens next week! Baker better be on point and we need to RUN the ball!

The Ravens will stack the box and the Browns will lose...

Yeah, part that ticks me off the most is if we just would have sat Conklin two more weeks we would have him this upcoming weekend. Stefanski and the medical staff destroyed that chance though

What? It was a totally different injury. He returned from an elbow injury and went down with a torn patellar tendon.

That's why the medical staff has a magic 8-ball.


How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
I'm confused as to why you'd go for 2 there when you have Justin Tucker. I think I would've taken my chances in OT.
I was rooting for the ravens loss the entire first half, because I didn't want to see, (I forget.) But then in the 2nd half I remembered that x-x-(and 1) tie thing, would put the pittspuke team ahead of the Browns in winning percentage at some point maybe the last week of the year,
so at the end I was really hoping to see a pittsb urgh loss. Then I thought about it, after seeing that 2 point attempt,

Well, it's the NFL, in most cases, (shoo't) in 20 years worth of games, nobody does that, the last time somebody would go for two instead of go for overtime in that situation would have been college teams in the 1980's or earlier.
So WHY would it happen.

Let's consider, We (mostly know) the league hates OHIO, and the Browns because they hate Cleveland specifically, from their hoity toity new /ork offices. And, the Ravens, know, they are all but guaranteed a playoff berth (even Win or Lose), because the league will manufacture wins for them, like the league has manufactured wins for the steelers this year.

The, Steelers were manufactured wins by the leagure, in the, Chicago game, with the (stare at the sideline keep the drive alive for 3 points penalty for taunting by only, looking cross eyed at a rich fella, actually staring at a sideline after a sack in the bears steeler game.)
I think the refs manufactured some calls to give Pittsburgh the tie vs the lions.
and probably another one, so that's 2.5 wins vs. losses in the pittsburhs record colum,
JUST BECAUSE THE LEAGUE LIKES TO SEE balt, and piggs come out of the AFC north playoff hopes because they hate ohio.

Now the Browns had calls go against them wrongly in the Chiefs, game, the Chargers game, the Bears game, (the jets roster blockage and calls in the giants game last year)
and they had their ny media jesters, spend months trying to talk the browns into waiving OBJ. (after OBJ was waived they switched back to trying to talk the browns into waiving Baker.)

And if they are ever successful they'd start again trying to talk the browns into waiving Myles Garrett, (see they Hate Ohio sports like who knows what)

All this to say, ... after all was almost done in that pig and balt game, the league offices probably said, ... well how can we manufacture a way to screw the ohio teams, Cleveland specifically here???
well, if you give pittsburg a win they didn't earn, then that tie x x and 1, keeps them .5 games into a playoff berth near crunch time

Not only that, but Baltimore might agree. Baltimore can say , worse comes to worse we're prolly still winning the div. (they saw the Bengal result from 1 hour before,)
So, ... if the Ravens , go for 2 they either get a win , OR, help a less talented Pitspuke team stay ahead of Cleveland, in the race for 2nd place in the division,
which gets the rats one chance closer to not having to face the more talented Browns in a playoff game,

The steelers did it last year after 11-0, the ravens did it yesterday. Losing to keep a weaker opp. alive in the division race with the hope of not facing a stronger opponent by hoping the stronger opponent stumbles and doesn't get a playoff berth.
... ... even more confusing, I know.

Plus. The league, knows, ... the Baltimore over the chiefs win in week 1 or 2, puts the ravens ahead of tie breakers, plus the balt win over la chargers, who beat, the chiefs beat the browns, hhave still to play the bengals, .. and the la chargers beat now, both the bengals and the browns. (ALL UNDERSTAND IF THE LEAGUE HAS A HOPE IT'S TO KEEP BOTH OHIO TEAMS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS, )
and the league could look, well, if the ravens lose (yesterday) it is the best way to keep the aFC north with still a tiny chance that the ravens and steelers come out of it and some Hollywood producer thinks that would be swell.

So, when pitspuke was unable to stop the ravnes offense and they scored to tie, the league offices prolly called down to both sidelines and said, (hey go for 2 here because that's the best way to screw the ohio teams, )

and if Baltimore u don't make it, no worries, we'll help ya out, in a future game with the refs calls. wink wink.


" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!
THROW LONG #1908430 12/06/21 10:04 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,249
Likes: 71
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,249
Likes: 71
Im tired of arguing the fact that Lamar simply is not a good QB. He is one of the best running QBs in the NFL and that is it. He has a strong arm and can throw bombs. But it seems he is aging fast and he doesn't enjoy getting hit when he runs still what 24? 25? just a babe still. actually he shows how he is a baby pouting on the sidelines each time his drives end. He is going t hurt his hand slamming it against the bench. Anyways enough trashing on a "GREAT" QB according to Chris Collinsworthless.
Just letting us know what a great thrower of the pass. smh


Draft day Friday a coming weapon for O or D just make it good. Watson a QB hopefully with good character if not we might be screwed.
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1908446 12/06/21 10:32 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
I didn't see him hesitate at all in the limited times he got loose against us. What I did see was him not given very many opportunities to run. That's not him it's scheme and execution.


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
cfrs15 #1908451 12/06/21 11:23 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
I understand going for 2 because you're on the road and Pitts offense woke up in the 2nd half. It was a good play call too, but TJ Watt went straight after Jackson and wrecked the timing on his throw to Andrews. He forced Jackson to double clutch and throw off target. Too bad, so sad.

I would say that I normally would not take that risk if I'm Baltimore, for 2 reasons: 1) I have Lamar Jackson, and 2) I have Justin Tucker.

cfrs15 #1908455 12/06/21 11:36 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 711
Likes: 23
L
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
L
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 711
Likes: 23
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I wouldnt want our coach making that call. Take the xp and go to OT.

Do you have a better chance at winning if you have the ball at the two and need to score or win a coin flip and/or stop the other team and score? I’m going for two every time.

Yeah, that situation is always easier to handle in hindsight. If you make the conversion you look like a genius, if not you are the scapegoat. Given the Raven's weapons I'd have gone for 2 and set it up to leverage the QB running. Having him throw the ball is where they failed.

LexDawg #1908457 12/06/21 11:40 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Harbaugh also said his CB situation had him worried if Pitt won the OT coin toss.


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
EveDawg #1908464 12/06/21 11:51 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,444
Likes: 21
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,444
Likes: 21
Agreed. To win a game, first order of business is to make sure you are still playing in it. Play for it in the fifth quarter. Happy the Rats lost.

I do not want anything good to happen for either team. My solution is to root for whoever is on defense to beat the turtles out of the other guys. We need to punish Lamar. Hope our offense shows up. The three tights hasn't produced enough.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #1908475 12/06/21 12:42 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
Some criticism was leveled at MG because he went up to Lamar J. after he made a big gain on us. Yesterday TJ Watt did the same thing to Lamar and nothing was said about it.

eotab #1908480 12/06/21 12:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Originally Posted by eotab
Im tired of arguing the fact that Lamar simply is not a good QB. He is one of the best running QBs in the NFL and that is it. He has a strong arm and can throw bombs. But it seems he is aging fast and he doesn't enjoy getting hit when he runs still what 24? 25? just a babe still. actually he shows how he is a baby pouting on the sidelines each time his drives end. He is going t hurt his hand slamming it against the bench. Anyways enough trashing on a "GREAT" QB according to Chris Collinsworthless.
Just letting us know what a great thrower of the pass. smh

bro stop. its ok to be wrong. i admit when im wrong about players all the time. like i completely whiffed on josh allen.

lamar has got his team to the playoffs every season, multiple division titles, and an MVP season.


and you gonna rip a dude for being ticked off that him and his team didnt execute well? man, that way you talk about lamar, one would think baker mayfield has a winning record against him or something...

lamar beat us even with him throwing 4 picks. so if hes not a good QB, by your logic, that means baker is hot garbage.

right?


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Some criticism was leveled at MG because he went up to Lamar J. after he made a big gain on us. Yesterday TJ Watt did the same thing to Lamar and nothing was said about it.

I did not watch much of the game, so I did not see Watt do that. I think it was wrong when Myles did it, and I think it was wrong of Watt to do it. But I do not care much what Watt, or any of his teammates, do.


How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Swish #1908484 12/06/21 12:57 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by Swish
lamar beat us even with him throwing 4 picks. so if hes not a good QB, by your logic, that means baker is hot garbage.

right?

Baltimore beat us by taking away the run and we had no answer for it. In no way do I think Lamar was the reason we lost.


How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
I didn't (and don't) pile on Myles, but the main difference is that Watt had a career day and was playing like a man possessed. Myles, on the other hand, played well enough. Also, it didn't help that Clowney was also playing like his hair was on fire.


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish
lamar beat us even with him throwing 4 picks. so if hes not a good QB, by your logic, that means baker is hot garbage.

right?

Baltimore beat us by taking away the run and we had no answer for it. In no way do I think Lamar was the reason we lost.

so our QB couldnt win when the run is taken away from him? how come lamar is still at the top of the division despite having a worse o line and on backup RB's? does josh allen need a run game to win?

dont most defense try to stop the run and make a QB pass? thats why you draft a QB #1 overall, right? to carry teams to W's when they take away something you do well?


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: oobernoober
THROW LONG #1908490 12/06/21 01:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
i really wish i could complain about our QB leading a TD drive at the end of the game and just coming up short on a 2 point attempt.

but that would be nice. by the way, the "running" QB has now led more game tying/winning drives in the 4th quarter than baker mayfield, the pocket passer.

make it make sense.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,984
Likes: 65
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,984
Likes: 65
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish
lamar beat us even with him throwing 4 picks. so if hes not a good QB, by your logic, that means baker is hot garbage.

right?

Baltimore beat us by taking away the run and we had no answer for it. In no way do I think Lamar was the reason we lost.

I think both Clowney and Garrett would say otherwise.


Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Swish #1908496 12/06/21 01:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
The Ravens did not beat us because of Lamar. They beat us because of their defense. They SHOULD HAVE LOST because of Lamar, but their defense bailed him out FOUR times by preventing us from getting even a single point off turnovers.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

mgh888 #1908498 12/06/21 01:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
Originally Posted by mgh888
Guess if Lamar cant strap the Ravens on his back for a win he is trash

Well he was 27-37 with an equal number of TD's to INT'S. So not quite all bad.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
The Ravens did not beat us because of Lamar. They beat us because of their defense. They SHOULD HAVE LOST because of Lamar, but their defense bailed him out FOUR times by preventing us from getting even a single point off turnovers.

and who was the QB that couldnt get any points against that defense?

dance around it all you want. most GM's in this league will take a lamar jackson in a slump over a healthy baker mayfield.

remember, my original comment was to Tab. so if lamar isnt a good QB, by that logic, what does that make baker....

all these post and nobody wants to answer that question. interesting.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
PitDAWG #1908502 12/06/21 01:38 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by mgh888
Guess if Lamar cant strap the Ravens on his back for a win he is trash

Well he was 27-37 with an equal number of TD's to INT'S. So not quite all bad.


20/32 (Baker had slightly fewer completions on more throws).
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401326507

He had far fewer yards than Baker, and the 4 INTs. He did add 68 yards on 17 carries, though.

Last edited by oobernoober; 12/06/21 01:40 PM. Reason: added more and correction

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
eotab #1908503 12/06/21 01:39 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Credit where credit is due.

I was dead wrong about Lamar. I knew he was an amazing runner. But he was not good at all throwing the ball.

His mechanics were awful.

He has improved immensely. No he is not Dan Marino and never will be.

He is a new breed of quarterback. He wins games and that counts. He wins with his legs and arm.

He is good enough as a passer. When you add his running talent he scares defenses to death.

He is a frustrating guy to play.

Credit to the Ravens and Harbaugh. They built an offense around what Lamar is.

They have had problems in the playoffs. And like any team they can be schemed against.

He won a MVP and the Ravens have won a lot with Lamar.

bonefish #1908505 12/06/21 01:47 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
I think the reality of Lamar is somewhere in the middle between God's gift to the QB position and "a RB that can throw". He deserves immense credit for the improvement he's shown. He's clearly working on the weaknesses to his game... but the yearly cycle seems to always end the same way. Teams scheme to limit the damage he does with his legs and then force him to beat them as a traditional QB.


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
slick #1908506 12/06/21 01:49 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
Originally Posted by slick
Yeah, part that ticks me off the most is if we just would have sat Conklin two more weeks we would have him this upcoming weekend. Stefanski and the medical staff destroyed that chance though

I had no idea his elbow was connected to his knee.

News & Notes: T Jack Conklin out 'multiple weeks' with elbow injury

Nov. 1st

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/news-notes-t-jack-conklin-out-multiple-weeks-with-elbow-injury

Browns Jack Conklin Goes Down with Knee Injury

Nov. 28th.

Almost as soon as the Cleveland Browns got Jack Conklin back from a dislocated elbow, they see him go down to a knee injury against the Baltimore Ravens.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/gameday/jack-conklin-knee-injury

These two injuries had nothing to do with each other and the medical staff clearing him to play from his elbow injury had nothing to do with his knee in jury.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish #1908507 12/06/21 01:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
My statement has nothing at all to do with Baker. It stands independent of any other QB in the league. Period.
Lamar SUCKED. But, yes, Baker was Hot Garbage.
No dancing here because I do not care what the GMs would do; that and how does one argue someone else making a guess and stating it as fact? You don't, you ignore it.


BUT, to take your bait and answer: an answer requires nuance.

Lamar, without running, is trash. He is NOT a drop-back passer and never will be. In this regard, Baker will forever and always be superior.
Lately, without a run game, Baker is trash, BUT he *IS* a drop-back passer and given WRs who give him an equal opportunity to complete passes downfield, I would take Baker all day every day.

Lamar's success comes ENTIRELY by virtue of his legs; that's not a knock, that's just a fact. If he couldn't run the way he can, he'd be worse than Teddy Bridgewater looked last night and he shows no signs of growing beyond this. Because of this, his shelf life is a LOT shorter. Conversely, Baker will NEVER make a ton of plays with his legs. He'll roll out and bootleg, and will once a game scramble if he has to, but he's just never going to do what Lamar can do; but, he is going to have success in passing that Lamar will never have.
Both are going to be in the league for years to come, but if I'm betting on who is out of the league first, I'm putting the money on Lamar's career ending before Baker's.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by mgh888
Guess if Lamar cant strap the Ravens on his back for a win he is trash

Well he was 27-37 with an equal number of TD's to INT'S. So not quite all bad.


20/32 (Baker had slightly fewer completions on more throws).
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401326507

He had far fewer yards than Baker, and the 4 INTs. He did add 68 yards on 17 carries, though.

I was talking about Lamar against the Steelers. Baker didn't actually do a bad job against the Steelers going for 20 of 31. We couldn't score worth a damn but Baker was fairly accurate in that game.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
My statement has nothing at all to do with Baker. It stands independent of any other QB in the league. Period.
Lamar SUCKED. But, yes, Baker was Hot Garbage.
No dancing here because I do not care what the GMs would do; that and how does one argue someone else making a guess and stating it as fact? You don't, you ignore it.


BUT, to take your bait and answer: an answer requires nuance.

Lamar, without running, is trash. He is NOT a drop-back passer and never will be. In this regard, Baker will forever and always be superior.
Lately, without a run game, Baker is trash, BUT he *IS* a drop-back passer and given WRs who give him an equal opportunity to complete passes downfield, I would take Baker all day every day.

Lamar's success comes ENTIRELY by virtue of his legs; that's not a knock, that's just a fact. If he couldn't run the way he can, he'd be worse than Teddy Bridgewater looked last night and he shows no signs of growing beyond this. Because of this, his shelf life is a LOT shorter. Conversely, Baker will NEVER make a ton of plays with his legs. He'll roll out and bootleg, and will once a game scramble if he has to, but he's just never going to do what Lamar can do; but, he is going to have success in passing that Lamar will never have.
Both are going to be in the league for years to come, but if I'm betting on who is out of the league first, I'm putting the money on Lamar's career ending before Baker's.

this was a long ass post to say that lamar is just better than baker mayfield. lol, "if he couldnt run". yea, if peyton manning couldnt read defense, he would be garbage.

"man, if only baker was 2 inches taller". lmfao please stop it.

and betting that lamar's career is over before bakers? can you please remind the board who currently has a fractured shoulder? yall keep trying this running QB shelf life nonsense and it never comes true. but watch, in 10 years when he finally misses multiple games, you'll be jumpiung out the rafters talking about "see!! see!! it was only a matter of time.

if lamar career ended TODAY, and baker mayfield went the next 10 years with the same mediocre results, it would be universally agreed upon that lamar had the better career. please stop pretending otherwise.


i mean good freakin god look what you just wrote:

Quote
Lamar, without running, is trash. He is NOT a drop-back passer and never will be. In this regard, Baker will forever and always be superior.
Lately, without a run game, Baker is trash, BUT he *IS* a drop-back passer and given WRs who give him an equal opportunity to complete passes downfield, I would take Baker all day every day.

do you not realize that if you ALSO gave lamar WR's like that, he'd be better too? do you not realize that if you ALSO gave lamar an o line like baker, he'd be better too? you just think you can change one thing and that doesn't apply to anyone else, huh?

do you not understand how much of an indictment you just made on baker?

if lamar jackson was our QB RIGHT NOW, we'd be sitting at the top of the AFC north because of the WR's, o line, and RB's. if baker mayfield was on the ravens RIGHT NOW, they'd be in the bottom of the AFC north.

lamar has had a worse o line, worse RB's, worse receiving core than baker has since they were drafted. and yet, MVP, division titles, tons of wins, and oh yea; he's only lost ONCE to baker mayfield in a head to head matchup.

i said it a thousands times and ill say it again; we shouldve drafted lamar #1 overall. because he is more TALENTED overall than any of the QB's. its him and josh allen battling for whose the best.

we have the 4th best QB in our own division. im so sick of yall making excuses for baker. this dude has had the same 4 years to improve like the other QB's, yet his TV ads are more productive than his actual production on the field.

i love being a browns fan but im so sick of tired of always drafting the wrong QB. and especially other browns fans sticking to the same tired ass obsolete takes about mobile QB's.

but i forgot who im arguing with. this is the same board that wanted mitch trubisky over deshaun watson. god its gonna be ugly the next time we gotta start talking about drafting a QB in the 1st round in 2 years probably.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
PitDAWG #1908519 12/06/21 02:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,054
Likes: 312
lol! I thought you were replying to someone else. My bad.


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Swish #1908521 12/06/21 02:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish
lamar beat us even with him throwing 4 picks. so if hes not a good QB, by your logic, that means baker is hot garbage.

right?

Baltimore beat us by taking away the run and we had no answer for it. In no way do I think Lamar was the reason we lost.

so our QB couldnt win when the run is taken away from him? how come lamar is still at the top of the division despite having a worse o line and on backup RB's? does josh allen need a run game to win?

dont most defense try to stop the run and make a QB pass? thats why you draft a QB #1 overall, right? to carry teams to W's when they take away something you do well?

Are you under the impression that I was defending Baker? Please point me to what I posted that suggests this, I am curious.

Personally, I do not think Lamar is the reason we lost that game, that is all I am saying and I stand by it. I didn't stop to think about the butt-hurt that opinion would trigger.


How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish
lamar beat us even with him throwing 4 picks. so if hes not a good QB, by your logic, that means baker is hot garbage.

right?

Baltimore beat us by taking away the run and we had no answer for it. In no way do I think Lamar was the reason we lost.

so our QB couldnt win when the run is taken away from him? how come lamar is still at the top of the division despite having a worse o line and on backup RB's? does josh allen need a run game to win?

dont most defense try to stop the run and make a QB pass? thats why you draft a QB #1 overall, right? to carry teams to W's when they take away something you do well?

Are you under the impression that I was defending Baker? Please point me to what I posted that suggests this, I am curious.

Personally, I do not think Lamar is the reason we lost that game, that is all I am saying and I stand by it. I didn't stop to think about the butt-hurt that opinion would trigger.

my original comment was to Tab, not you. remember that the next time you use the word trigger. nobody was thinking about you. you responded to my post addressed to someone else, then i responded back.

you dont get to make that claim, especially since the evidence says it applies to you, not me.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1908524 12/06/21 02:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
No, Lamar is not more talented as a QB. He's a better athlete.

Quote
if lamar jackson was our QB RIGHT NOW, we'd be sitting at the top of the AFC north because of the WR's, o line, and RB's.
Absolutely zero chance of that unless we switched our offense to the All-RPO thing that Baltimore uses. Baltimore wouldn't be there, either, if not for that defense and a HoF kicker.

Quote
and betting that lamar's career is over before bakers? can you please remind the board who currently has a fractured shoulder? yall keep trying this running QB shelf life nonsense and it never comes true

It has come true over and over and over again with every new sensation of a running QB that has come into the league. They burn brightly, but they don't last long.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 12/06/21 02:30 PM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
No, Lamar is not more talented as a QB. He's a better athlete.

Quote
if lamar jackson was our QB RIGHT NOW, we'd be sitting at the top of the AFC north because of the WR's, o line, and RB's.
Absolutely zero chance of that unless we switched our offense to the All-RPO thing that Baltimore uses.

Quote
and betting that lamar's career is over before bakers? can you please remind the board who currently has a fractured shoulder? yall keep trying this running QB shelf life nonsense and it never comes true

It has come true over and over and over again with every new sensation of a running QB that has come into the league. They burn brightly, but they don't last long.


uh huh, sure. meanwhile our pocket passer with the fractured shoulder....


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1908531 12/06/21 02:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
I think he means QB in the classic sense. Even as we are seeing the evidence that the QB position is changing. From a purely drop back passing aspect, when we see "good Baker" he is better. Where I take issue with his comments is the fact that the QB position has and is evolving into much more than that. Take Baltimore for example, they tailored their offense around their QB. Something most teams do to one extent or the other.

The fact of the matter is, the run option can be just as deadly of a weapon for a QB like Lamar as what play action can be for a drop back QB. Some people don't understand that the QB position is changing. I'll have to give credit to Peen on this one. He saw it long before I did. The fact Baker is a drop back QB doesn't make him a more talented QB at all. It just makes him a different style of QB. You can't argue with results. The results are that Lamar is a more successful QB to this point and it's not even close.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
THROW LONG #1908545 12/06/21 03:21 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
I'm not sure what the debate is about.

If Baker played like Lamar has in his last two games - he would be roundly blasted as a bust by many fans and posters. Period. Win lose or draw - the result is not what I am talking about. If Baker played (and he has) games as badly as Lamar - he would be labeled by many as a bust and trash.

I don't know what extenuating issues the Ravens do or don't have - I don't follow that team. I do follow the Browns - when Baker has played like dog poop, there has normally been some external issues influencing his performance in addition to Baker's own issues and struggles. When I talk about Baker I look at his body of work and when he has lit up the NFL and I think the bad times are not a true reflection of his ceiling and ability .... Lamar is probably in a similar situation. He has done great things. He has done more than just run and last year he really improved his throwing. Not sure what is up with him right now, but I'd imagine there are factors impacting him. .. . . BUT - when I look at Lamar's performance yesterday and know that Posters who literally can't wait to bash Baker while loving on Lamar won't utter a peep about how bad Lamar played against us and against Pittsburgh.


Time for a new signature
mgh888 #1908548 12/06/21 03:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
like who though?

cause even OCD can back me on this. i wanted our defense to lay lamar TF out. im legitimately ticked off because we DID pick this dude off 4 times, 3 in one quarter, and got NOTHING out of that. our offense did nothing. lamar still made ENOUGH plays to get points on the board and pulled out a W. lamar got the game tying TD after playing like absolute trash, and then went for the kill and came up short.

but you do know the difference right? lamar comes up short, his team is still at the top of the division because of the OTHER games he already won.

baker comes up short, and we're back to the cellar drinking wine like mariah carey during the holidays.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
THROW LONG #1908549 12/06/21 03:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,107
Likes: 22
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,107
Likes: 22
Thankfully the Pittsburgh Steelers (of all teams) helped the Browns. There are no more excuses. It's time to win some football games. Please Kevin Stefanski, pull your head out of your behind and let this offensive talent shine.


Please demand that Stefanski gives up play calling immediately or FIRE him! Enough!
Swish #1908567 12/06/21 05:56 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Quote
lamar has had a worse o line, worse RB's, worse receiving core than baker has since they were drafted. and yet, MVP, division titles, tons of wins, and oh yea; he's only lost ONCE to baker mayfield in a head to head matchup.
Lamar has had much better coaching, been in the same system that was designed specifically for him for 4 years, and for his first 2 years, had the #3 and #2 scoring defense in the NFL.

But the Baker comparison aside, the Ravens have only scored more than 20 points once in their last 6 games (yet they won 3 of them). I don't know the real cause of that but Lamar has looked very pedestrian for much of this year. Have defenses figured him out? Does he have the skill set to change and respond? Are there other factors? I don't know..


yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1908571 12/06/21 06:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,069
Likes: 57
H
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,069
Likes: 57
"lamar has had a worse o line, worse RB's, worse receiving core than baker has since they were drafted"

OL - nope. Ravens until this year had as good or better OL than Browns during Baker/Lamar years.
RBs - yes.
Receivers - nope. M. Andrews and M. Brown better than anyone on the Browns.

The Beast #1908573 12/06/21 07:11 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,265
Likes: 54
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,265
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by The Beast
Thankfully the Pittsburgh Steelers (of all teams) helped the Browns. There are no more excuses. It's time to win some football games. Please Kevin Stefanski, pull your head out of your behind and let this offensive talent shine.

+1 thumbsup my thoughts exactly.



Joe Thomas #73
THROW LONG #1908577 12/06/21 08:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,976
Likes: 134
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,976
Likes: 134


woah.... watch the football after he kicks it!


Waiting for the day my name will mean something
1 member likes this: jfanent
THROW LONG #1908578 12/06/21 08:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
Weather game tonight in Buffalo. 40 MPH winds, temps in the 20's, might snow. It'll be tough to to throw, kick FGs, or punt well. Team that can run wins, IMO.

Dave #1908579 12/06/21 08:47 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 661
Likes: 111
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 661
Likes: 111
Should be a fun one.

THROW LONG #1908599 12/06/21 11:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,976
Likes: 134
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,976
Likes: 134
Remember when Browns fans were upset we lost to the Patroits?

They look pretty legit


Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Remember when Browns fans were upset we lost to the Patroits?

They look pretty legit

They are the best team in the league.

THROW LONG #1908606 12/07/21 12:12 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 49,075
Likes: 139
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 49,075
Likes: 139
I think that Belichick just completely trolled the NFL. Mac Jones throws only 3 passes, completing 2, and the Pats win by 4. crazy

Only Belichick.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: FATE
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
After watching the game it seems to me the Bills, i.e. Josh Allen, couldn't make the big play when they had to. Sound familiar?

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,121
Likes: 419
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
After watching the game it seems to me the Bills, i.e. Josh Allen, couldn't make the big play when they had to. Sound familiar?

Josh Allen has more leeway because of the season he had last year.

cfrs15 #1908619 12/07/21 06:13 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Remember when Browns fans were upset we lost to the Patroits?

They look pretty legit

They are the best team in the league.
So Why aren't the Browns a BETTER team then They ARE!
(remember folks it was Cfrs15, iirc, who said the offseaon take it easy approach was going to come back to bite us.)

Baker, seemed to put effort right after the season ended, into the get together in Austin? away from the coaches.
The coaches, didn't even keep some of those guys on the team, what's up with that.

the Browns, take it easy approach to offseason, or training camp, where the QB seemed to work harder by himself, 1000 miles away from the team facilities, and way back starting a week after the season ended,
and then, everybody had so many rotating days off during the training camp and mini camp,

That whole approach hasn't seemed to have had the, bring everybody together to gel as a well oiled machine of a team,

as much as other places around the league, maybe even including the Patriots.

( stay healthy or get help, folks


" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Bloody amazing.

There are things about Belichick that turned me against him. He is a cheater. That was proven.

He is also the greatest coach of all times.

Bear in mind he is also the GM.

All the bs about Brady making BB is just that BS.

He won with Matt Cassel and Jimmy G. We wins.

He builds rosters and coaches players. He masters execution. He is the best game planner period. Nobody is close.

Last year he had a depleated roster from injuries and losing Brady. He drafts Jones. Gets players back on defense.

Now the Patriots are on the top of the AFC. I am not saying they will win the SB. Who knows but damn?

His record as a coach is off the chain.

THROW LONG #1908622 12/07/21 07:55 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49,208
Likes: 301
Freaking patriots man. Nfl version of Michael Myers.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: FATE
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,432
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Remember when Browns fans were upset we lost to the Patroits?

They look pretty legit

It might have had more to do with how we looked while losing. Like, never actually being in the game.

I might add, finishing 3rd in the AFCN last year is how we ended up with NE and AZ on the schedule. Two Biblical-level butt kickings.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 12/07/21 08:06 AM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I think that Belichick just completely trolled the NFL. Mac Jones throws only 3 passes, completing 2, and the Pats win by 4. crazy

Only Belichick.

Belichick and Paul Brown ...

In a sport in which rules have tilted drastically toward the aerial game, it's difficult now to remember when champions ran to glory. It's harder still to conceive of a game in which one team - the winning team, no less - failed to throw a pass.

But that's exactly what took place on Dec. 3, 1950, when the host Browns defeated the two-time-champion Eagles, 13-7, without putting a ball in the air.

Though it had happened four times previously, it hasn't reoccurred in the subsequent 65 years and probably never will. What caused it to happen on that long-ago Sunday in Cleveland was a quirky combination of bad weather; sound football; and, especially, revenge.

"He," Cleveland coach Paul Brown said afterward of bulletin-board comments by his Eagles counterpart, Greasy Neale, "did get our men steamed up."
Another league?

The historic game had its origins two months earlier.

On Sept. 16, the Eagles and Browns met before 71,237 fans at Philadelphia's Municipal Stadium, a crowd drawn there by a matchup being dubbed football's "First World Series."


*Excerpt - read the whole story at link below*

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/spo...w_zero_passes_-_and_beat_the_Eagles.html

Dave #1908634 12/07/21 09:43 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,624
Likes: 279
Belichick never faulters in preparation.

He constantly quizzes his players during practice. If the situation is this what are you going to do?

Cold weather, wet weather, windy conditions be ready.

I noticed before the game Patriots field goal kicker practicing his kicks to feel the wind.

Then in the game the Bills miss a 36 yarder windblown ball.

In the game last night they knew it was on the OL and runners. Don't fumble. Do your job.

In New England he had a losing season twice. His first season 5-11. Last season 7-9.

His overall record in NE and Cleveland. 289-140.

In NE his record is 253-96 that is a 725 winning percentage.

6 Super Bowl wins
3 AFC Championships.

Considering his record was played in the modern era with free agency. Not during the time you could keep your talent like when the steelers won.

Bloody amazing.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,249
Likes: 71
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,249
Likes: 71
ok cause he is great the no hesitation is cause he has a guy who can go get the ball and catch it in Andrews he locates him and just chucks it in his direction without hesitation...Baker has no such WR and would get INT'd more than Lamar does.

jmho


Draft day Friday a coming weapon for O or D just make it good. Watson a QB hopefully with good character if not we might be screwed.
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1908643 12/07/21 10:25 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
The Bills K missed an easy 33 yard FG that would have changed the game. They would have been down only 14-13 0n that last drive and got close enough for an easy FG. Granted, the conditions with the wind were not good but that's how easy it can be to lose an important game. Give credit to the Pats.

Swish #1908647 12/07/21 10:36 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
M
Legend
Online
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,541
Likes: 256
Originally Posted by Swish
like who though?

cause even OCD can back me on this. i wanted our defense to lay lamar TF out. im legitimately ticked off because we DID pick this dude off 4 times, 3 in one quarter, and got NOTHING out of that. our offense did nothing. lamar still made ENOUGH plays to get points on the board and pulled out a W. lamar got the game tying TD after playing like absolute trash, and then went for the kill and came up short.

but you do know the difference right? lamar comes up short, his team is still at the top of the division because of the OTHER games he already won.

baker comes up short, and we're back to the cellar drinking wine like mariah carey during the holidays.

I am not disagreeing with anything you said.

But when Lamar comes up short - his TEAM is better than Bakers TEAM. Whether it's culture, talent, coaching.... both QB's have played sucky games. But Baker gets labelled as a bust and the focus is on him. Lamar plays sucky and he gets a pass. That's all I am pointing out. Look - Baker has struggled in games - the Browns won and the Baker haters were still out hating on Baker. Baker played great in a game we won - but he only completed 14 passes and the Baker haters were out in force again with criticism or at least posting that he deserved no credit. That's all my point was. It's frustrating to hear the broken record and the way in which different QB's are given praise or criticism.

Anyway - I am back to trying to tell myself the season isn't over. Win our next game and anything can happen. I'm not 100% convinced - but I am trying to find some conviction!


Time for a new signature
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,901
Likes: 66
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,901
Likes: 66
Cheatriots did nothing special. They simply ran the ball down the Bills throats.


"There's a gleam men. There's a gleam. Let's get the gleam." Marty Schottenheimer

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
SuperBrown #1908733 12/07/21 05:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
What they do each week is take advantage of and play according to the team they're up against and the weather conditions. They did that exact same thing against the Bills and it worked.

That's what good teams do. They don't have one standard game plan. They adjust their game plan to exploit their opponents weaknesses. And don't get me wrong, I don't believe that the Patriots are the best team in football by any means. But that often times doesn't decide much. What decides things is which good team is playing their best football at the time. And they are at this time.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
SuperBrown #1908746 12/07/21 07:54 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
Right and the Bills made no adjustments the whole game to stop them. The same thing others have accused us of doing. I thought Shaun McDermott was suppose to be a good coach?

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,901
Likes: 66
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,901
Likes: 66
I agree. The Bills sadly reminded me of the Browns.


"There's a gleam men. There's a gleam. Let's get the gleam." Marty Schottenheimer

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
SuperBrown #1908826 12/08/21 01:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,628
Likes: 34
The Bills were a big favorite to go to the Super Bowl this year. They still might but if they don't, and right now it doesn't look good, there could be changes in Buffalo. Right now there's a chance they could miss the playoffs. That could cost McDermott his job.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 53,972
Likes: 370
Many posters on this board think they're more qualified to game plan in the NFL than actual NFL HC's. It's become quite the fad.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,955
Likes: 420
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,955
Likes: 420
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
The Bills were a big favorite to go to the Super Bowl this year. They still might but if they don't, and right now it doesn't look good, there could be changes in Buffalo. Right now there's a chance they could miss the playoffs. That could cost McDermott his job.

More likely Daboll.

Milk Man #1908926 12/08/21 10:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,955
Likes: 420
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,955
Likes: 420
Belichick might beat Tom Terrific in the Super Bowl this year.


Milk Man #1908967 12/09/21 11:30 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
The thing that stands out to me most in that video: Culture.
You can SEE the degree to which the players have bought in and take ownership. Even in the group rah-rah huddle at the end, all of the guys are in the moment and participating, but not in a detached going-through-the-motions sorta way because it's the eleven billionth time you've done it; like it kinda feels when we see so many other teams' players in their "speech huddles". It isn't just a thing you do to these guys, it means something to them.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 12/09/21 11:31 AM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
You know what WAS missing?

Screens to the RB.
A screen to the RB is often called a "long hand-off". It's a quick way of getting the ball out on the perimeter in the hands of a RB.

Guess who didn't catch a single ball? Hunt.
I get that they may have had him on a pitch count, or whatever, but still: he caught none. He may have been targeted once as he does show up on the stat sheet as a receiver, but it is all zeroes.

Eh, in short, nothing was working and when things aren't working you aren't getting 1st Downs and when that's happening, your number of opportunities to try things get really limited really quickly, which severely hampers your chances of figuring anything out.

Hopefully, two weeks of film study has taught our offensive staff a thing or two.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,803
Likes: 101
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,803
Likes: 101
Baker’s fumble was on a screen to Hunt. One that would have netted huge yards. Potentially a TD.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,899
Likes: 338
ahhh, I completely forgot about that one (and actually am unable to recall it even now), but that explains the stat line.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PitDAWG #1909061 12/09/21 04:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Many posters on this board think they're more qualified to game plan in the NFL than actual NFL HC's. It's become quite the fad.
That's not true. Most of folks on here give very elementary ideas to "game planning" like, we should run the ball more, or we need to catch passes, or we need to throw deeper to relax their run defense... those aren't game plans, those are general high-level opinions. The coach develops the concepts, identifies the weaknesses, and sets out the lists of plays they will use in specific situations, that's a game plan.

I'm certainly not qualified to do that, but I do feel qualified, as a fan, to have an opinion on whether it was successful or not... and if it wasn't successful to make some determination on how much of that was the plan and how much was the execution... As for Belichick, there aren't many, in fact I can't think of a single one, coaches who would have the stones to run the ball 50 times and throw it 3 times in a game that was never more than a 1 score game. That is serious conviction to the game plan.


yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1909066 12/09/21 04:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
Didn't the Browns run it almost exclusively a few years back in a 6-3 or 9-6 win in a game against, (might have been the bills) when Phil Dawson wass the kicker, and one of the 3 RB's had an L in his first or last name, and it was a year before they added Peyton Hillis, or the year before Hillis was put on the Madden cover. Ok, so the Browns threw more than 3 passes, but they threw less than 10 passes iirc, and who did they have, Thaddeus lewis? and Cribbs in the wildcat? Something. The Browns won the game, iirc. It ought to be easier to look up if it was a Browns win, there were fewer of those.


" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!
THROW LONG #1909067 12/09/21 05:03 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Didn't the Browns run it almost exclusively a few years back in a 6-3 or 9-6 win in a game against, (might have been the bills) when Phil Dawson wass the kicker, and one of the 3 RB's had an L in his first or last name, and it was a year before they added Peyton Hillis, or the year before Hillis was put on the Madden cover. Ok, so the Browns threw more than 3 passes, but they threw less than 10 passes iirc, and who did they have, Thaddeus lewis? and Cribbs in the wildcat? Something. The Browns won the game, iirc. It ought to be easier to look up if it was a Browns win, there were fewer of those.
You talking about the Browns vs Bills 2007 blizzard game that we won 8-0? Derek Anderson threw the ball 24 times (9 completions).. Jamal Lewis ran it 33 times for 168... which kind of proves my point, Jamal Lewis is running in a blizzard at a 5 ypc clip, DA is completing less than 40% of his passes.. but did we fully, and I do mean FULLY, commit to the run? No, still felt the need to throw it more than we should have.


yebat' Putin
SuperBrown #1909071 12/09/21 05:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Cheatriots did nothing special. They simply ran the ball down the Bills throats.

Can the Browns simply run the ball down the ravions throats this week then. Please!
And I think no better guy to run right at them, than D'Ernest Johnson!


" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!
DCDAWGFAN #1909073 12/09/21 05:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,090
Likes: 196
Its from 1950, which kind of proves your point, but the Browns beat the Eagles 13-7 on 12/3/50 without throwing a single pass. What makes it a good story was this was Paul Brown making a point because Eagles coach Greasy Neale had denigrated the Browns after losing to them in the opener by complaining that it was an "aerial circus" more akin tp basketball than football. I posted a game story above in the thread.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195012030cle.htm

THROW LONG #1909080 12/09/21 05:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,298
Likes: 40
Can I butt my Head where it doesn't belong into this argument between DC, and Prpl. about the attributes of the Running Qb that Lamar is, and Bakers' greatness.
Point#2. ... Lamar! Is a Freak of elusiveness, with 4' 4 speed, and a jukeing ability, (Barry Sanders meets Micheal Vick) And he's not a bad passer but he gets help because the league helps the ravens.

Point#1. The Browns' because of league bias's against them, would have lessened the effectiveness of any Qb they took #1 overall, and in Baker, they took the best one, but, they would have ruined, Maommes, Wentz, Guy who is not in Chicago anymore, Lamar,, (Browns would have ruined Lamar) ...
Lamar would not have done as well on the Browns because the league wouldn't have allowed it, -- Josh Allen, Russell Wilson, Mac Jones, Bengals idiot... anybody you can name, the Browns would have ruined him, not because the Browns did anything, but because the league freaking sinks the Browns,,, like wolf pack subs in the north atlantic in 1939 sank merchant vessels.

Point #3. There is some merit to a point that the Running Qbs of the past, Micheal Vick, RG3, and Randall Cunningham, and maybe even Cam Newton, had a tendency to get injured moreso because they ran more than some other pocket passers.

Point #4. Even Freaking Josh Allen, and, Green Bay forget his name, early in his career, and Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, all newer younger quarterbacks ...(better said), Even Pocket Passers are Running the Ball More in recent years, so that the Entire NFL is trending toward qBs who can Score Touchdowns running the ball in.

But Point #1 AGAIN! The Browns would have ruined any QB they could add,
and when they got Baker, they got the Best One,
But the league said, We hate Cleveland and will make all refs calls make sure they lose every year. (and few things overtrump that, exept bad coaching, "nothing overtrumps bad coaching" remember that, learned that lesson in 2006, 2005, one of em.)

So that if Lamar Jakson had come to the Browns instead of Mayfield, Lamar Jackson would have been ruined like, well like Mason Rudolph probably.
We're doomed.


" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!
THROW LONG #1909292 12/10/21 02:22 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,012
Likes: 201
If I genuinely believed that there was this deep of a conspiracy against one team like you suggest the league has against the Browns, the last place you would find me on Sunday, or during the week, is watching or discussing that league...


yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Bye Week Other Games

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5