Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
With it being on NFL Network, does that mean it's streamed via Amazon Prime?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
That’s my birthday. Cant remember the last time we played a saturday game at home. I prefer it honestly.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
That’s my birthday. Cant remember the last time we played a saturday game at home. I prefer it honestly.

I hope the Browns give you a GREAT Happy Birthday, if you know what I mean.

Legend
Legend
Notes: Coaches say Baker Mayfield looked good in practice, hopeful he’s turned corner on injuriesby Scott PetrakNovember 26, 2021

BEREA — Baker Mayfield just played his two worst statistical games of the season, but the Browns are optimistic he’s turned the corner from an injury standpoint and his performance will turn around starting Sunday night in Baltimore.

“Looked good,” coach Kevin Stefanski said Friday after practice. “I think he said he is feeling the best he has felt. He is throwing the ball well.”

Mayfield (left shoulder, left foot, groin) was a full participant for the second straight day after resting Wednesday. Coordinator Alex Van Pelt raved about his practice Thursday.

“Very strong day. We were inside. The ball was flying off of his hand,” he said. “He was very accurate. I do not know if we had an incompletion yesterday.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Jack Conklin excited to be back to face Ravens less than month after left arm was “facing the opposite direction”

The groin injury was added to Mayfield’s list of ailments against the Lions, but Van Pelt doesn’t think it’s “cause for concern” and has seen an improvement in his mobility over the last couple of weeks.

“I saw it yesterday in practice, too,” he said. “I think he is hopefully turning the corner on all of that stuff.

“I think he is feeling better. Hopefully that will be it for the season and we feel healthier each week.”

Stefanski believes Mayfield’s mobility has improved recently.

“I think we saw it in the last game. He made a few plays with his feet,” he said. “That is an important part of what he does.”

Drew Brees says injuries affecting Baker Mayfield’s accuracy but still must find way to win

Mayfield completed only 15 of 29 passes for 176 yards last week vs. the Lions, the second straight game he barely topped 50 percent. In the 45-7 loss to the Patriots and 13-10 win over the Lions, Mayfield completed 52 percent for 249 yards, two touchdowns, three interceptions and a 54.5 passer rating.

“It is nothing fundamental as I look at it,” Van Pelt said. “As a quarterback, you are going to have days where you just miss a throw. Sometimes you are going to miss more than one in a game. My thing to him is you just have to keep playing.

“I would never blame it on the weather, but it was not a great day (Sunday) for throwing the ball. I expect him to make those throws moving forward and so does he.”

Mayfield said Wednesday the lower-body injuries have been difficult for him because of his unorthodox motion that includes “violent” movements.

“I have not seen much change from the waist down,” Van Pelt said. “He is definitely a guy who throws with a lot of torque and core, and those injuries that he does have can affect how much he torques and how he throws it.

“He has looked really good this week in practice. I think he will be just fine.”

Commentary: A rough season for Baker Mayfield can still be salvaged

A JOLT

Running back Kareem Hunt looked like a man happy to be back on the field as he went through drills and joked with teammates.

“I really think it is just his energy that he brings, it will be huge for us,” Van Pelt said. “I do not see us using him a lot differently than we have in the past. Really just that one-two punch with him and Nick (Chubb), but any time you get him back on the field, it is good for the team.”

Hunt will be activated from injured reserve Saturday after missing five games with a calf injury. In six games, he has rushed 69 times for 361 yards, a 5.2 average and five touchdowns. He has 20 catches for 161 yards and is a valuable third-down option out of the backfield.

“It is huge, and he does a great job,” Van Pelt said of the passing game. “Kareem made a huge play against (the Ravens) last year on a short-yard situation and made a big catch down the sideline.

“Adding him back in the mix as a third-down back and then spelling Nick and keeping both of those guys fresh is a big part of what we do well offensively.”

RECEIVERS ROOM

The receiving corps will be without rookie Anthony Schwartz (concussion) for the second straight game but might get back Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin), who was listed as questionable for Sunday night. He didn’t play vs. the Lions, returned to practice Thursday and was limited Friday for the second straight day.

“He looked good and looked like himself again,” Van Pelt said of Thursday. “Hopefully there are no setbacks between now and Sunday. He is a guy who has made a lot of plays for us this year, and it would be great if we can get him up on Sunday.”

Stefanski said Peoples-Jones was able to do more in practice compared with last Friday, when he was also listed as questionable.

“I thought he had a decent day, so we will see where it goes,” Stefanski said.

INJURY REPORT

No. 3 defensive end Takk McKinley (groin) was a full participant all week and will play after missing the last two games and three of four. In eight games, he has 1.5 sacks, five quarterback hits and three tackles for loss.

“He’s the X-factor in our room, being able to drop very well and also being a different rusher than me and JD,” defensive end Myles Garrett said, referring to Jadeveon Clowney. “We miss him, we’re glad he’s back.”

“Just the athleticism he brings would definitely be a bonus against these guys,” coordinator Joe Woods said.

** Nickelback Troy Hill (neck) was limited all week and listed as questionable. He missed last week after getting hurt Nov. 14 vs. the Patriots.

** Rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (ankle) was a full participant all week after leaving the Lions game early.

“He is fighting through it,” Woods said. “Is he a whole way 100 percent? Probably not, but him at 90-95 percent is pretty good.”

** For the Ravens, receiver Miles Boykin (finger), tackle Cedric Ogbuehi (thigh) and safety Ar’Darius Washington (foot) were ruled out.

Cornerbacks Anthony Averett (thigh), Jimmy Smith (neck), Chris Westry (thigh) and Tavon Young (foot/knee), defensive tackle Calais Campbell (concussion), right tackle Patrick Mekari (ankle), receiver Marquise Brown (thigh), nose tackle Brandon Williams (shoulder), tight end Nick Boyle (knee) and fullback Patrick Ricard (hip/foot) were listed as questionable.

SAFETY TOWN

Safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. was benched for the first series last week for unspecified disciplinary reasons. Woods said they’ve moved past the incident.

“Everybody, you get a little chippy as you go through the season — it is a long season — but we have to do things the right way,” Woods said. “Ronnie is fine. He came out and has had a great week of practice to this point, so I do not think there will be any effects from what happened.”

Grant Delpit started in place of Harrison, then played in the three-safety packages. In 10 games Delpit has 33 tackles, two tackles for loss, a sack, a forced fumble and two passes defensed. He missed all of his rookie season in 2020 after his Achilles ruptured.

“A lot of this stuff for this year for him is we are kind of finding out about him every game,” Woods said. “We did not have that opportunity last year so there are things that we try to fix that we see that show up on tape, but I think he is progressing well and he is fitting into the system the way I thought he would.”

KICKER CONFIDENCE

Chase McLaughlin missed a 46-yard field goal wide right vs. the Lions and had an extra point blocked.

“The PAT was a low kick. The protection was outstanding,” special teams coordinator Mike Priefer said. “He has to get it higher than that.”

McLaughlin’s four misses have come in the last five games.

“I have not lost confidence in him at all,” Priefer said. “I think he will be just fine.

“He is a very mentally tough young man. He has a lot of confidence in himself in a good way.”

The Ravens have Justin Tucker, who’s one of the all-time best and 20-for-22 this year, including a record 66-yard winner vs. the Lions.

“Hopefully he is not in a situation where he can hit a game-winner because that is what he does,” Priefer said.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Jack Conklin excited to be back to face Ravens less than month after left arm was “facing the opposite direction”

shocked

That's the first time I heard that it was THAT bad.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Haha no doubt Troop!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

shocked

That's the first time I heard that it was THAT bad.

I'm a bit surprised that Conklin recovered so quickly from what I understood was a serious injury. I honestly thought he would be done for the rest of the season..his return comes at a good time.

The Browns organization have become very good at keeping their business out of the view of the media...this front office just doesn't leak much info as it may have in the past. A player's medical information is not supposed to be for the public unless the player decides to make their information open to the media...and that is all good for the franchise, imo.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
From what I hear he looks like the 6 million dollar man

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober
With it being on NFL Network, does that mean it's streamed via Amazon Prime?

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/08/nfl/1631087211_257317.html

According to this article, Yes! about 2/3rds down the page is a list of all games on amzon prime in the 2021/2022 year and on the list under week 15 it reads.
SATURDAY DOUBLE HEADER to be announced. in all caps.

This would be the double header announced on Saturday week 15, Raiders at Browns and later Patriots at Colts.

Sadly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The article is a reminder that Amazon prime will have the soul broadcasts, (or actually no viewing ability, actually)
to between 11-15 games in 2022.
and every year until 2032. I guess I'll have to get used to never seeing even highlights of some NFL games that are exclusive to amazon.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
T
Legend
Legend
T
I Have a Retraction!!
In a Post on this thread, from page 2 by me, which started "If the Playoffs were today, and included,
figuring out the tie breaker between the Raiders and the Bengals at the time.

After going through tie breakers further down the list, and coming up with what would be the right result that the Raiders were, at the time ahead of the Bengals.
I later realized in my own notes that I had mis calculated the Raiders AFC record at the time as 3-2 and equal to Cincinnati's 3-2 AFC record at the time. My ERROR!!

Actually the Raiders had a 4-2 AFC record at the time, and there would be no reason to look beyond that 2nd? tie breaker to give the Raiders the, (then) advantage.
Then they played and the Bengals won about 18 hours later, so the head to head win trumps the other tie breaks anyway, but wanted to get that retraction out.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O
It feels like Stanton has just been a constant shuffle on and off the COVID list.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c..

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
#Browns EVP/GM Andrew Berry opens Zoom bye week video conference with "6-6 doesn't reflect the aspirations we had for the season."

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry said next five games provide us with very valuable opportunity, learn a lot about people amid adversity, and adversity is important for growth. Berry added you hope for meaningful football in December and January, and that's still right in front of us.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns Andrew Berry said Baker Mayfield has fought through injury, like other players on the team, and while they know he's tough they expect him to perform at a winning level and that "We expect him to play his best football down the stretch."

Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns Andrew Berry said the passing game hasn't been consistent enough and stresses that it isn't a one person problem.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry on whether he believes Baker Mayfield is franchise's QB of future: You need to take big-picture approach, it's body of work, we've seen Baker play good football here and we're excited about moving forward and the opportunity ahead of us the next five weeks

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he has a ton of confidence in HC Kevin Stefanski as a play caller

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry on how Kevin Stefanski has handled second year as HC: He has all the virtues and characteristics that are important for our organization. ... He's been transparent with you guys about areas of team that can be better

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry said we all think the offense can play at a higher level, biggest thing is the consistency in the passing game, our staff is hard at work finding solutions for us to play at highest level in final five weeks of the season

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Berry not accepting injuries as an excuse not to perform...

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry said QB Baker Mayfield has told you guys he's felt healthier week to week, I expect our guys to work through this tough stretch, and that's not just Baker, that's our entire team

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry on why they didn't rest QB Baker Mayfield with injuries earlier in season: For any player in terms of whether they're on the field, it's are they medically cleared, are they medically cleared that would allow them to function & can he perform on game day?

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns GM Andrew Berry on QB Baker Mayfield playing through injuries: nobody is 100% healthy in December in the NFL

Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns Andrew Berry said there are 3 things to determine if an injured player can play:

1. Medically cleared & won't hurt themselves further.
2. Medically cleared to allow them to play at a wining level.
3. Player shows in practice they can perform all requirements on game day.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns Andrew Berry: "Baker's our quarterback. He's healthy enough to win games for us...if he's ready to go he's going to be our starter."

Tom Withers
@twithersAP
In context of Mayfield's future, Berry reiterates his focus is on Browns playing well down the stretch and "maximizing" this season.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns Andrew Berry on Donovan Peoples-Jones: "He's come along more quickly than we anticipated when we drafted him."
Said he's been a little stop and start from injuries this season but he's has and will continue to play a major role in the passing game.

Tom Withers
@twithersAP
Berry "very pleased" with how Clowney has played and said there's still time to consider any future plans for him in Cleveland.

Tom Withers
@twithersAP
Berry confident "Kevin can handle everything on his plate" and believes penalty issues will be cleaned up.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he's looking forward to schematic adjustments Kevin Stefanski and staff will make coming out of bye for critical final 5-game stretch.

O
Legend
Legend
O
From my point of view, the two biggest questions coming out of this season will be Baker and Stefanski (not necessarily in that order).

I think the injury topic affects KS's performance moreso than anyone else. The injuries to his tackles, RBs, and QB affects how 'open' his playbook can be. Even the talking heads were commenting how our run attack is so heavily biased to the left (away from Hance).

For me regarding Baker's injuries, it comes down to the idea that if he really was so injured that it affects his play so much, then we would be seeing more of Case Keenum. KS wouldn't have brought him in and paid him so much to view him as such a liability if he were to go in.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really don't like what I hear from Berry .. Is it PR , or does he really believe what he is saying about Ski and the Offence ? If I where Haslam I would wonder if I have One Hit ( year ) wonder in Ski . Is it possible he can't get out of his own way ? There are many a feuds on the board , but few disagree on Ski as an OC at this time .

Lack of a threat at WR ; Berry .. Not enough at LB l Berry .. Back up at Tackle ; Berry .. He needs to take a little heat also .. Drafted a third round tackle that can't see the field ( Berry ) .

I would strongly suggest that Board members go back and watch Baker at Oklahoma and see what he does best . Trow on the move ( roll out ) . Improvise .
Harbaugh would do wonders with Baker .

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he's looking forward to schematic adjustments Kevin Stefanski and staff will make coming out of bye for critical final 5-game stretch.

In other words ..... fix it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
He also said that he expects Baker to play better... and that everyone has to play better.

It sounds like he's acknowledging that there's a problem but the solution is more complex than anyone would want to admit... but he trusts them to improve.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Should I start the stopwatch to see how long he stays back?

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
"Stefanski said playing Hunt and Chubb together was among one of the many things team discussed last week"

Well, it's only taken him like 20 months to think about trying the thing every fan, everywhere, has been begging to see since Hunt got here.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
"Stefanski says the Browns are "working through everything" at right tackle. That presumably means rookie James Hudson could replace Blake Hance. Maybe Michael Dunn could be in the mix too. Obviously they'll keep the Ravens guessing but know the blitzes are coming."

Translation: we've gone to church and lit a candle in prayer. The situation at RT is in God's Hands, now.

Browns is the Browns

2 members like this: slick, FATE
D
Legend
Legend
D
I wonder if Alex Taylor is in the mix at RT? He's on practice squad right now. Guy on local sports talk (Jeff Phelps) thinks he might be.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Stefanski says the Browns are "working through everything" at right tackle. That presumably means rookie James Hudson could replace Blake Hance. Maybe Michael Dunn could be in the mix too. Obviously they'll keep the Ravens guessing but know the blitzes are coming."

Translation: we've gone to church and lit a candle in prayer. The situation at RT is in God's Hands, now.

rofl rofl rofl

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My eyes said Taylor out played Hudson in Pre season ..

O
Legend
Legend
O
Mitchell Schwartz is out there… And I wonder if Teller could kick out to tackle and have Hance, Harris, or Dunn move inside?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
"Stefanski said playing Hunt and Chubb together was among one of the many things team discussed last week"

Well, it's only taken him like 20 months to think about trying the thing every fan, everywhere, has been begging to see since Hunt got here.

Chubb is such, a reputational runner, that, he doesn't get the credit for his abilities as a catcher.
If we did a break down of best hands / abilities to come down with a catch on the offense, Chubb has got to be close to the top, may be top 3 in a game where Higgins is a healthy scratch, like last game. Who is ahead of Chubb in hands.
Hunt, No, imo, Hunt is lesser to chubb in Hands, he may be close, and he may be more dynamic in yac, but before the catch, to strong arm, box out, and come down with the catch in traffic, Chubb is about top 3.

So who is ahead of him, Landry, and Njoku, and Higgins.

The Ravens, ... run right at em for 3 yards a carry. D'Ernest Johnson, is a better runner than a catcher, and, he has shown he can be effective as an all game #1 option.

If the Browns put D'ernest, Hunt, and Chubb on the field on the same plays, over and over and over and over and over and over, all 3 Rbs. The recipe for success imo, might be, play actions passes to Chubb, 16 yards downfield, play action runs to D'Ernest straight up the gut. Play action screens to Hunt.

If Chubb, the biggest reputational runner, is on the field, 20 snaps with D'ernest and Hunt, and D'ernest gets a bunch of carries, and Hunt gets the 2nd most carries, and some pass targets, and Chubb gets ONLY Pass Targets;

then everyone would whine and complain, but it may be the most effective. Until it is time to 'give Chubb the run carries.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

Count me as the lead begger. I have been wanting the Browns to use them ala Mack/Byner Both can run, catch, and block. The defense wouldn't be able to key on either back running the ball, of catching the ball. Either can run, either or both can stay in the backfield and pick up blitzes. Either or both could go out for a pass. you could have a outlet to dump the ball off to either side of the field, and you still have Johnson to spell either of them for a few plays or a series, plus Felton could fill in for a few plays as well.

This would be the perfect game to unleash them both with both our 3rd, and 4th Tight ends out this week. Come on Coach show us your not just a pretty face, you have a mind to match.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2 members like this: eotab, DaveyD
O
Legend
Legend
O
Is having both in the backfield really going to help? I could see starting with both and then splitting out Hunt, but my (inexperienced) eyes see a great idea on the surface that probably doesn't have much substance to it when you really get into it.

I get putting as much talent out on the field as possible at all times (especially in our situation in crunch time), but we also have to worry about Hunt's health. He's coming back from injury and re-aggravated it in the last game. It's a balancing act.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Is having both in the backfield really going to help? I could see starting with both and then splitting out Hunt, but my (inexperienced) eyes see a great idea on the surface that probably doesn't have much substance to it when you really get into it.

I get putting as much talent out on the field as possible at all times (especially in our situation in crunch time), but we also have to worry about Hunt's health. He's coming back from injury and re-aggravated it in the last game. It's a balancing act.

The thought is there cause our run game was for the first time stopped in our game with Ravens. We will still bring Harrison in as HB and lead blocker but throw in an extra blocker in Chubb or Hunt with the pulling Teller - Harrison is a good blocker from the HBack position and both Harrison and Hunt can run routes in the passing game with Chubb there for screens and swing passes.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Mitchell Schwartz is out there… And I wonder if Teller could kick out to tackle and have Hance, Harris, or Dunn move inside?

Mitchel Schwartz has been doing media all season and it does not sound like he is playing anymore.

Legend
Legend
Now it looks like our 2nd TE is out with covid. We are down to ONE TE so their is no way in hell Kevin can run a three TE offense most of the time. It's time for Kevin to look really good or really bad this weekend. Come on Kevin make yourself look good not bad in front of every Browns fan.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Now it looks like our 2nd TE is out with covid. We are down to ONE TE so their is no way in hell Kevin can run a three TE offense most of the time. It's time for Kevin to look really good or really bad this weekend. Come on Kevin make yourself look good not bad in front of every Browns fan.

TE's gone? obviously that means we're gonna throw the rock even more, duuuuh

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg

I am happy about this. I think the 3 TE sets are part of the reason the Browns are 6-6.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: Tackman
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard