Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Some places around here were offering the choice of a half or full dose. I didn't have a choice and received the full dose. You'd think there should be some consistency for evaluating effectiveness.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, that's weird. I wonder if it has something to do with size??? My wife is a petite 5'2" and the Moderna booster hit her hard for about 8-10 hours or so. I'm a bigger 6'3" and the second dose of Pfizer left me with a sore arm and nothing else.

I also noticed that kids have I believe 1/3 the dose of the adult version of Pfizer?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought I read the Moderna booster is 1/2 the dose, while the Pfizer is a full dose (for the booster). While it probably doesn't matter much in terms of safety, people being able to choose whether to get a full or half dose is indicative of the lack of data driving the booster campaign.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...-after-6-months#Immunity-after-infection

I found this article helpful. They're finally starting to get data on when people should go back for additional shots.

-Pfizer vaccine in healthcare environment degraded more than 50% over a 6 month period, on average across age and gender
-Degradation is worse/steeper as you get older, and slightly worse for men vs women (I thought this explanation of the article was really interesting)
-Degradation of immunity from vaccination vs natural infection seems to follow a similar curve

So we seem to be gaining a good understanding of how long immunity lasts... so the only thing I'm still wanting is a line in the sand of when people shouldn't consider themselves adequately protected anymore.

For me, I don't find a blanket statement 'everyone needs to get a third shot because of omicron' very helpful. To date, they haven't told us much regarding how fast antibody levels degrade, or what amount of degradation actually necessitates going to get a booster. They have also questioned whether the vaccine will be as effective vs omicron... but then turn around and say we need boosters to fight the variant. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Don't know why, but the article won't open on my computer. Interesting about the curve. Is the starting point for the curve both the same for natural immunity and vaccination (e.g. one generally starts out with a higher number of antibodies than the other)?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think using the Omicron variant as a reason to get the booster sounds odd. The variant that is now killing over 1100 Americans a day is still the Delta variant.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Don't know why, but the article won't open on my computer. Interesting about the curve. Is the starting point for the curve both the same for natural immunity and vaccination (e.g. one generally starts out with a higher number of antibodies than the other)?

It doesn't mention that. Seems to only talk about the slope of the curve(s), and not any static numbers. The article is a summary of a study that sufficiently dumbed things down so I could understand their specific point.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3915349

Link to study referenced in the article. It's a pre-print, and I'm not really sure what that means. I assume that the full report is still in-process, hasn't been peer-reviewed, but the data has been fairly clear. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I got the booster, not because I'm afraid of Omicron, it's because I hear the next variant could be 3.14 times worse.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
Legend
Legend
Oh no, here comes the Pi variant!

I wonder if they'll have the balls to name a variant "Omega"... read the plot line...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Due to an experimental vaccine, Dr. Robert Neville is the only survivor of an apocalyptic war waged with biological weapons. The plague caused by the war has killed everyone else except for a few hundred deformed, nocturnal people calling themselves "The Family". The plague has caused them to become sensitive to light, as well as homicidally psychotic. They believe science and technology to be the cause of the war and their punishment, and Neville, as the last symbol of science, the old world, and a "user of the wheel", must die. Neville, using electricity, machinery, and science attempts to hold them at bay.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
Legend
Legend
I wonder if they'll have the balls to name a variant "Omega"
Well, they didn't have the balls to use the variant "Xi" which should have been the last one, skipped right over it.. wonder why.

Thinking it might have something to do with Xi Jinping.. just a guess though. willynilly

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Well, tomorrow I have to go get my Co-Vid test. I have had my shot, and booster, and I am sick as a dog. Dizzy, sore throat, (very sore!) cough that rips my throat open every time I cough, weak ...... crazy

I got both my Co-Vid and flu shots, and was already sick once. (though I question if I ate some contaminated Dole salads) This fall/winter sucks!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hope all goes well for you and that you feel better soon.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You do know that means I won't kiss you this week wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I guess there is a ray of light in every dark cloud. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

2 members like this: GMdawg, TTTDawg
Legend
Legend
Hope you feel better soon, YTown. Crap is hitting our neck of the woods pretty hard right now. Don't be worried about GM trying to kiss you weekly... be worried about him attempting to kiss you strongly. It's hard to get out of his clutch sometimes.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
"Due to an experimental vaccine, Dr. Robert Neville is the only survivor of an apocalyptic war waged with biological weapons. The plague caused by the war has killed everyone else except for a few hundred deformed, nocturnal people calling themselves "The Family". The plague has caused them to become sensitive to light, as well as homicidally psychotic. They believe science and technology to be the cause of the war and their punishment, and Neville, as the last symbol of science, the old world, and a "user of the wheel", must die. Neville, using electricity, machinery, and science attempts to hold them at bay".

Why do I hear William Conrad's voice when I read these words?

Y-Town: Seriously Dawg, I hope you're feeling better soon.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
I feel like someone poured battery acid down my throat, and into both ears, then beat me with a tree trunk. I went and took my covid test yesterday, but that is a 3 day turnaround .... so I won't know til then.

Legend
Legend
Prayers and thoughts, Ytown. I hope this is something that quickly runs its course.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Thank you. I hope so too.

My doctor won't see me unless I have the results from my covid test. It takes 3 days for the results, which puts me into the weekend. crazy If I have covid, and I am not feeling better by the weekend, I'll either have to contact my doctor through the medical dental board, or go to urgent care. Ugh.

Legend
Legend
The doc will just refer you there anyway. Once you get your results, your best bet is to call the nurse consult thru your insurance co. Most are actually pretty good about steering you in the right direction.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Maybe this will entice those not vaccinated because of their fear of getting ‘experimental gene therapy’ to be vaccinated. This new vaccine, developed in Texas, is a traditionally developed vaccine.

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbei...aj-I_eI8vQ-DrPOsng8Qmk4tKRAFy4AxTtV8ed_Q
“ The vaccine has been named Corbevax and it is based on a traditional protein-based technology that has been safely used for decades. Like other COVID-19 vaccines, Corbevax focuses on the coronavirus spike protein, but instead of using mRNA to direct our cells to produce those spike proteins internally it delivers lab-grown spike proteins to the body.“

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Today I just feel like crap. What a huge improvement! rofl

My throat is still sore, but not like it was. My ears don't hurt, and that is huge. I am stil worn down, and tired, but I feel better. I just hope it continues.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The more of these vaccines you take the more your immune systems will cease to exist.

RESEARCH

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Today I just feel like crap. What a huge improvement! rofl

My throat is still sore, but not like it was. My ears don't hurt, and that is huge. I am stil worn down, and tired, but I feel better. I just hope it continues.

Happy for you.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 01/06/22 05:26 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
The more of these vaccines you take the more your immune systems will cease to exist.

RESEARCH

Show us the research that says this.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I have nothing. I did read today that those (me) that got the J and J vaccine can't get a booster.

I called the local - county - health department. I'm scheduled. They said they'd never heard of that.

Media.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

RESEARCH

Show us the research that says this.

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=6185b407e19ed5372ded8319

24 minute mark on this video below...

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61b3e1dd41190915ff8754d0

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61a8078b5894057acfc9b40f

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61cf8f20cddb3b489fafd4c2

Legend
Legend
Are you frickin' serious? A whackjob on infowars saying that the vaccine causes AIDS?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Are you frickin' serious? A whackjob on infowars saying that the vaccine causes AIDS?

Idk that.. I can cancel my hearing test now ? Whew ! I thought I was going to have to buy hearing aids !! can't hear crap anymore..

Oh I can't see well ! there's no E in aids.. must need eye aides now...

Come to think about it.. I haven't felt the same since I had my booster !! feeling a little more frisky lately. ! didn't notice a blue tint to it when they gave it to me.

Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
GM, you did it! Super signed up for his jab!!!

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pearls before Swine.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So do you buy the supplements Alex Jones sells on Infowars too? I mean he says they can do miracles as well.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well .... I had the CO-VID shot, and booster ......... and I have CO-VID. banghead

It took me almost a week to get the results back .... a week of misery. crazy I think that I have started to fight it off, though. I have been coughing up some rather disgusting stuff today, and have gone through half a box of tissues today. Bleh.

Anyway, got a tele-visit with the doc coming up soon. Yippee.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I sure do hope those tissues you used were related to the COVID… wink

Hope you feel better, man. A lot of people are now saying it’s a matter of “when” not “if” you get Omicron.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I had to take a SARS/COV 2 antigen test today. Without it, I couldn't return to work after almost a month's vacation (yeah- there are a few perks to my job-)
Spent Christmas Day with a bunch of un-vaxed folk, some of whom had just been in contact with unvaxed folk with symptoms... hospital-stay type symptoms. Needless to say, it wasn't the most relaxed Fam Holiday I've ever experienced...

Relieved to report that I tested negative.
Hi-ho, hi-ho... it's back to work I go-

Mom just ordered a bigazz box of KN95's. In black, so they won't clash with my performance attire.
(Like John Witherspoon said to Eddie Murphy in 'Boomerang,' regarding the mushroom shirt/belt/jacket lining: "Ya got to coordinate!!!") *

They arrive later this week.

I'll do everything I can to be part of the solution. I can't get inside a lab and help develop the next gen of defense against this awful thing, but I can do things on my end that don't make this pandemic worse.

*deeeep mushroom love

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PitDAWG, PortlandDawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Not sure if I posted this or not. If I did, and I repeat, forgive me.

I was positive on Christmas day. I avoided everyone. Slept upstairs. Just a bit of nasal congestion - which is typical for ANYONE this time of year. No fever, got a little bit of cough, super tired but since I cancelled most of my jobs, no biggie. (yes, i worked - but only at jobs where NO ONE was present)

Ended up giving it to my daughter, and sis in law. Daughter gave it to her boyfriend. Until we were talking last night. Daughter said she thinks her boyfriend gave it to her, and she gave it to her her aunt (my sis in law) Sooga and I weren't together before I got it, nor after, other than 1 night. So, who really knows? She works in a hospital, Toledo Hospital, with every kind of sick you can imagine.

I was lucky - like I said, a tad bit of nasal congestion, a slight cough, tired as can be, and yes, some shortness of breath. (had it 2 years ago, before it was covid), and, loss of taste. Only reason I ate for the 12 days I avoided people, was because I knew I HAD to. Every bite I took was "I have to put calories in my body".

Spent too much time reading, and then wondering "Am I in the last 2 weeks of my life?"

I'm back to normal, with a bit of breathlesness. Sooga is fine, her boyfriend is fine, sis in law is fine, but her son, my nephew, got it. He's probably the hardest hit, and he's also the only one un vaccinated.

Got my flu shot last week, (bout time, eh?), and getting a covid booster tomorrow.

Legend
Legend
The staffing shortage is so bad, some hospitals are allowing COVID+ direct care staff to work if their symptoms are minimal.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Glad to hear you had a nice time off and tested negative. I am also glad to hear about the black mask. Anything other would be similar to wearing a classic tux then finish it off with a pair of brown shoes.

I am wearing my mask about when I go in to a Wal-mart or grocery store or places where there are more than a few people milling around. I don't think it really matters all that much, but hey, I feel better about it even though I am touching things and my eyes aren't covered with goggles.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard