Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So your saying Baker screws up on purpose because he dosn't like the play .. Were is this Fragile player thing coming from ?

Baker runs the play he is given to the best of his ability. Shoot, he can't even audible out of it ..I just don't get where your coming from with this stuff.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Honestly I don't think he is saying anything. There is no clear message there. There is no debate. And it's very very simple - the plays called absolutely impact the accuracy of the QB because of predictability and how compact the defense gets to play. But that would be labelled an excuse. . . no reasonable discussions are allowed when we discuss Baker - it's ALL Baker's fault. It must be, because to bring up any reasonable point about influences that affect Baker are clearly taboo.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've explained it's not all bakers fault. I've also explained that people can't act like he doesn't carry the bulk of the burden when he's the one throwing the ball. Short passes have a higher completion rate.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
hopefully, they're all actually learning from it instead of looking at a 'W' and blindly thinking everything is ok.

To date, that hasn't been their M.O.
They've been pretty studious, and the analytics won't allow them to hide from their deficiencies.

I really think that these growing pains are stemming from all the injuries, forcing them to improvise with personnel, game-to-game matchups, etc. This team is not the team that played KC in Game One. If I take the long view of things, I could see where this season will actually help, as disappointing as some of these games have been.

It really is crunch time for a 2021 playoff run. And even as lackluster as some of these games have been, this team is one game out of first place. To me, that's pretty remarkable.

I like to add to this. It became a learning experience for the coaches. Everything fell into place last year. Sure, there were injuries and such last year, but this year came with a lot more problems that were not easily fixable. We always reference players having the sophomore slump. It's the same for the coaches.

At the beginning of the season, many stated "on paper" this is a pretty good football team. But, you must play the games. Personally, I am disappointed, but I am also excited. This team weathered a lot of injuries and a few unhappy players. Yet, the depth kept the team in the hunt. Since the return, we have never seen this level of play. I am anxious to see how this ends. I see a solid team in the making. Berry needs to keep adding players.

It's December with four weeks to go. We are still talking playoffs and even division champs as a real possibility. How many times before Berry and Kevin came to Cleveland can we say that without laughing!

2 members like this: Clemdawg, SuperBrown
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c…

1 member likes this: Hammer
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c…

Interesting. Not like Colquitt did anything amazing. He was decent except for when it counted the most on the last drive in the 4th quarter.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
O
Legend
Legend
O
End of an era… Goodbye Scottish Hammer. Good luck at your next stop, Jamie Gillan.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
It was a good story, but the Hammer just didn't perform. He probably cost us a game by dropping that snap right to him.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Yep, it was a good story. He even got a beer named after him. However, after that first game when Colquitt pinned the opponent deep a couple times, you just knew the Scottish Hammer's time was over.

Cheers to Jamie!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: AZBrown
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so, we lose Newsome and we get Phillips (who was returning from IR too) and Hooper back.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns win the Raider game if they get a first down on 4th and 3, when they had momentum, all 4th quarter, and the Browns had a whole 2 minute warning time out to come up with a play on offense.

Nobody Choked more for the Browns this entire season yet than whomever decided not to go for the 4th down conversion, and a sured win as the raiders didn't have any time outs, and Greedy Williams had already given you the ball back.

With First place in the Division this late in the year and all wild card tie breakers against you, You had ONE PLAY, to get a First down, and be in First Place and maybe just win the div. and get in the playoffs.

IN this entire season, the Browns have not had a bigger CHOKE than deciding to punt there. And it was their own decision entirely.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: Milk Man, mgh888
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Maybe they should have tried that motivation tool with the Scottish Hammer.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
3 members like this: Clemdawg, FATE, jfanent
M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Gotta hand it to the headliner! This might have gone better. Sorry, Maria.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

No organization can go into 2022 thinking DeShaun Watson is their answer at QB without knowing whether his legal problems are civil or criminal. There's just too much uncertainty, and that doesn't even address the PR baggage Watson brings with him. For now, this is just an idea, and as the saying goes "an idea is not a plan".

Legend
Legend
Hahah

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
j/c:

If Watson is cleared of any wrong doing then any team with any questions at QB would be stupid not to try to get him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That would certainly elevate the cost to acquire him. I don't believe there's any way the Browns even think about paying some huge price for a QB until they see how 2022 plays out. I don't doubt that they may very well have contingency plans in place in case 2022 goes south though. I mean that's what good businessmen do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That would certainly elevate the cost to acquire him. I don't believe there's any way the Browns even think about paying some huge price for a QB until they see how 2022 plays out. I don't doubt that they may very well have contingency plans in place in case 2022 goes south though. I mean that's what good businessmen do.

If Watson is cleared and the price is reasonable you trade for him (if you are one of about 26 teams).

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The Browns win the Raider game if they get a first down on 4th and 3, when they had momentum, all 4th quarter, and the Browns had a whole 2 minute warning time out to come up with a play on offense.

Nobody Choked more for the Browns this entire season yet than whomever decided not to go for the 4th down conversion, and a sured win as the raiders didn't have any time outs, and Greedy Williams had already given you the ball back.

With First place in the Division this late in the year and all wild card tie breakers against you, You had ONE PLAY, to get a First down, and be in First Place and maybe just win the div. and get in the playoffs.

IN this entire season, the Browns have not had a bigger CHOKE than deciding to punt there. And it was their own decision entirely.

completely agree. I said it in the moment, and actually almost started crying cuz the Browns curse wasn't broken after all. After the game I threw out my Browns hat, and unsubscribed from all Browns media. I'll forever be a Browns fan, but I just can't sit and watch the same movie I've seen my entire life. Too stressful.

There is simply no reason not to go for it there, if you lose swinging, so be it, but we don't even try.

I mean, maybe if it were 4th and 10 you can punt, but the reason it was 4th and 3 is because we ran then screen pass on 2nd/3rd down... why call those plays if you're not gonna go for it on 4th???

I'm just sick of us making losses out of wins. I hope things turn around but I'm afraid if we don't find a way to win out or get lucky and steal a wildcard spot this franchise might be done as we know it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
watson is done.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by cfrs15
If Watson is cleared and the price is reasonable you trade for him (if you are one of about 26 teams).

If even 5 or more teams hold sincere interests in Watson, there will be no such thing as a reasonable price.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C

If even 5 or more teams hold sincere interests in Watson, there will be no such thing as a reasonable price.

Then you don't trade for him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Which is why I've said all along that if and when those in the FO decide that Baker isn't the answer it's far more likely they would address it in the draft. I don't think they'll pay the price for a Watson or Wilson on a trade deal. Hopefully it never comes down to that.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
DeShaun Watson Would not Fix your team! Aron Rogers Would not fix your team!
Not enough is being made of the fact the Browns, by virtue of the Raiders giving you a chance, with one play, to get one first down,
AFTER the 2:00 minute warning, and the lead and the other team had no time outs,

Instead of winning the game and getting a first down, with their offense, went and Punted possession of the ball Back to the Raiders,
AND,
It was after getting possession off an interception.

(Because the Browns decided to punt, the organization, is not ready to win consistently in the National Football league.)

AND! They will never have another season where they have more talent than they did this year, so if you want to DREAM about Watson, or Qb Rogers coming to your team, or Russel Wilson, coming to your team to fix it,
THEN KEEP DREAMING, because all you would find out,
IS, THIS, not trying hard enough to demand WINS organization, would RUIN THEM TOO!

The 2021 season was over 2 times before. It was over when they lost the Chargers game.
It was over again when Kareem Hunt decided to do pushups in the end zone after a touchdown, (don't know why, but just knew that was going to be a death Nell,) and Nothing has gone well since.

And Now the 2021 season is over a 3rd time, because with 2:00 to play, and no timeouts, the Browns, with momentum, and One Play and 3 yards from a WIN, chose to Punt, which would and did end in Losing.

Organization, not ready for prime time. Offense not ready for prime time, Not showing the ability to use talented tools on offense, listening to outsiders giving self serving advice too often

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Here is a thought. Can the Browns win 4 games before next Halloween.

On October 31st, (Halloween), of this year the Browns lost to the Steelers 10-15 to drop to 4-4 in the standings, at that time they loses to the Chiefs, Cardinals, Chargers, and Steelers, and Wins over the Texans, Bears, Vikings, and Broncos.

Now, From Today, given that the Browns have a final 3 games of at the packers, at the Steelers, and Home to the Bengals,
and a particurlay hard list of opponents for Random weeks next year, I think it is a legitimate question,
Can the Browns win 4 games before next Halloween?

(We can assume they'll win 4 games eventually, even if it takes them multiple years to do it, but, in the next 11?)
(Oh just all negative today)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
watson is done.

I agree. He will never play in a NFL football game again.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
watson is done.

If the Texans traded him he would have played this season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
watson is done.

Then why wasn't he traded huh????

P
Legend
Legend
P
Inside Deshaun Watson trade buzz: QB eligible to play should Texans deal him, but many worry that may not hold

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...al-him-but-many-worry-that-may-not-hold/

Because teams were afraid his status would change.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
watson is done.

Then why wasn't he traded huh????
(A "TINY" part of my thinking thinks, and has from the beginning that DeShaun Watson was railroaded by billionaires. ) Now, what happens when people get railroaded by billionaires? First, they tick off a billionaire. Second, a lot of times they face charges of a sexual indiscretion nature, a lot of times they face multiple multiple accusers so as to not have one clear accuser to focus scrutiny on. And a lot of times they get "suicided" in prison, or "accidented" in prison, and sometimes some high tech government agency might be involved.
Now, (it is just a "Tiny" part of thinking that has thought that dude was railroaded.
I mean,
Obviously we have to believe the , the facts as presented, in American media, it's 2021 of course they can do no wrong. and Billionaires' they can do no wrong. And Corporations, they can do no wrong, and , (unnameable foreign nations,), and huge drug companies.
It's exactly as you were told
It's exactly as you read
It's exactly as it was presented in the American Media.

So, Obviously SuperBrown, He wasn't traded, because the Texans could get more for him than the trades offered. Believe That!

T
Legend
Legend
T
watson is done.

If he ever plays in an NFL football game again, will you,
make any stipulation, leave the board for a week, change your signature? anything like that, anything?

OH, my bad, the whole statement was 40% sarcastic, I just don't know how to hear SuperBrown sometimes. (I mean it could have been said in jest, or it could have been taken as genuine, I think it's about 40-60. (Like in the Movie "My Cousin Vinny" - so much of life can be re inspected in light of parts of that movie, it's amazing, but, like in the movie "My Cousin Vinny" when the Ralph Machio charater says the line " I shot the clerk, I shot the clerk" , he's not meaning he shot the clerk, he's meaning, "what are you saying, are you saying I shot the clerk?"
so it's obvious, he's not saying,
Watson will never play a NFL game again, it's saying, "Oh ya, OBVIOUSLY he will NEVER play an NFL game Again" meaning, "of course he's going to play a game again what are you nuts!!!

So, which is it SuperBrown?
(and how do I know that's not a bunch of ones with with a 20 wrapped around it?) wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Inside Deshaun Watson trade buzz: QB eligible to play should Texans deal him, but many worry that may not hold

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...al-him-but-many-worry-that-may-not-hold/

Because teams were afraid his status would change.

His status is/was HE AINT PLAYING BEFORE AND AFTER! He WILL be in legal battles for years and plenty of prison time to serve in between.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: FATE, Jester, Dave
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Surprised his realtor isn’t showing him homes in the Warren or Youngstown market where the seediest massage parlors in the U.S. can be found!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Nah...he's buying Cowher's old house and opening the parlor in the basement.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Nah...he's buying Cowher's old house and opening the parlor in the basement.

A move that would even envy Bob Kraft.

D
Legend
Legend
D
He heard Doordash was going to start offering a "Therapeutic Escorts" category.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard