Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1912118 12/19/21 03:29 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Manchin says he won't vote for Build Back Better Act

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/politics/joe-manchin-build-back-better/index.html

Lying ass centrist DINO Joe Manchin just single-handedly ended the child tax credit monthly payments, thereby sending 3-5 million children back into a life of poverty. Centrists just killed the dem party. No way in hell another dem gets the united progressive vote after this. Progressives are the only congress persons NOT in the pocket of big business. They are the only group fighting for everyday Americans on both sides of the aisle. And we are just done with the way establishment dems treat us. I don't care who wins in 2024 because this country is dead, it just hasn't realized it yet.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Biden's (AKA Chinese) Agenda:

[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Have you joined The Proud Boys yet?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1912131 12/19/21 04:27 PM
Legend
Legend
If he does, they'll have to change their name-

"too many notes, not enough music-"
PitDAWG #1912132 12/19/21 04:42 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/19/21 04:43 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/19/21 04:43 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Too mad to read the replied to name, sorry.

Legend
Legend
Man screw joe machin. This clown just picked his brokerage account and corporate slave masters over the people of West Virginia and America as a whole.

His entire state would’ve benefited from this bill. Man I hate snakes like him. He needs to call up Mitch McConnell and swap parties. He wanna boot lick corporations, then do it with the rest of the Republican Party.

Finally had a chance to do real good for America, and then this happens.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
So is the build back better bill basically dead now?

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1912234 12/20/21 12:29 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yes. Not sure if it is for good, but most likely it is.

There will be no:

Universal child care, child tax credit monthly checks, elder care, expanded social security or medicare benefits, negotiated drug prices (insulin will remain at $1000 a month instead of $40, EpiPens still at $800), no additional climate change programs, low cost education, etc. etc. etc.

See it all here : https://www.whitehouse.gov/build-back-better/

You can't do good in this country. Idiots won't let you.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/20/21 12:51 AM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Goldman Sachs cuts US economic forecast after Joe Manchin rejects Build Back Better

(CNN Business)Senator Joe Manchin's opposition to the Build Back Better Act prompted Goldman Sachs to swiftly dim its US economic outlook.

The Wall Street firm told clients Sunday it no longer assumes President Joe Biden's signature legislation will get through the narrowly divided Congress, citing the West Virginia Democrat's announcement that he's a "no" on the $1.75 trillion bill.

"A failure to pass BBB has negative growth implications," Goldman Sachs economists, led by Jan Hatzius, said in the research report.

Citing the "apparent demise" of Build Back Better, Goldman Sachs now expects GDP to grow at an annualized pace of 2% in the first quarter, down from 3% previously.

The bank also trimmed its GDP forecasts for the second quarter to 3% (from 3.5% previously) and the third quarter to 2.75% (compared with 3% previously). It specifically pointed to the expiration of the child tax credit and the lack of the other new spending that had been anticipated

Goldman Sachs (GS) reiterated that upcoming inflation reports are not likely to help swing the tide back in favor of Build Back Better. The consumer price index (CPI) rose in November by 6.8% from the year earlier, the biggest 12-month jump in 39 years.

"With headline CPI reaching as high as 7% in the next few months in our forecast before it begins to fall, the inflation concerns that Sen. Manchin and others have already expressed are likely to persist, making passage more difficult," Goldman Sachs economists wrote. "The omicron variant is also likely to shift political attention back to virus-related issues and away from long-term reforms."

The lowered chances that Build Back Better has "negative implications for near-term consumption" but will likely have some "offsetting positive effects" for financial markets, Goldman Sachs said.

Specifically, the chances of corporate tax hikes have faded — and those higher tax bills would have eaten into the bottom lines of S&P 500 companies. It's also a positive for biotech companies that would have been hit by $100 billion in price reductions in the Medicare program, Goldman Sachs said.

Still, Goldman Sachs said there is a chance that Congress passes a few smaller short-term provisions aimed at virus-related issues.

There is a lot of uncertainty over the fate of the expanded child tax credit that was a key part of Build Back Better and Goldman Sachs called this the "most important question for the near-term outlook."

While there is "some chance" that Congress extends the credit retroactively, Goldman Sachs said "the odds of this happening seem to be less than even at this point."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/economy/goldman-sachs-joe-manchin-build-back-better/index.html

Welcome back to 2009 dumbasses.

Oh, and the Fed decided now would be a good time to fight inflation. So, all that money they have been pumping into the stock market since 2009 is going to stop next month and interest rates are going up. So instead of leveling the playing field, we get more austerity. Pitchforks will be out by next summer. None of this will end well.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/20/21 12:45 AM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The lower outlook is probably due to the Dems being unable to boost anything other than help provide free baby sitting services.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
The lower outlook is probably due to the Dems being unable to boost anything other than help provide free baby sitting services.

Democrats = Don't believe the hype!!! Biden < Jimmy Carter. Failed President!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Actually a failed president gets impeached, twice. Loses the popular vote, twice. Cheats on his wives, more than twice. Is divorced, twice. Has a mail order bride and a cokehead son. Has MULTIPLE bankruptcies…. and was generally the worst president since Carter.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Actually a failed president gets impeached, twice. Loses the popular vote, twice. Cheats on his wives, more than twice. Is divorced, twice. Has a mail order bride and a cokehead son. Has MULTIPLE bankruptcies…. and was generally the worst president since Carter.

I guess you enjoy the highest inflation in 40+ years? I know Trump was not a good person. That is not in debate. Neither was Clinton and you'll elected him twice. A requirement for the Presidency is not a good person. However, a President should not negatively impact the economy!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If you think Biden is fully responsible for this inflation you’re misguided.
Maybe if the idiot in the Oval hadn’t botched the COVID response so miserably we’d be in better shape? But alas the denier in chief said it would “magically disappear”…. and here we are. But yes Biden made a declaration on his second day in office, “let’s drive up inflation”…or something… according to ‘your side’.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

I guess you enjoy the highest inflation in 40+ years? I know Trump was not a good person. That is not in debate. Neither was Clinton and you'll elected him twice. A requirement for the Presidency is not a good person. However, a President should not negatively impact the economy!

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

As if almost a year of economic shutdown has nothing to do with it. The insurrectionist right doesn't get to have an opinion on Dems.

Legend
Legend
Biden needs to ditch Bernie and his progressive communists if he wants to save his failed presidency.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Anything that helps the American people = Communism

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1912375 12/20/21 05:15 PM
Legend
Legend
Americans can't afford any more HELP from this group.

Thank goodness the winter has been mild so far.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 12/20/21 05:16 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, we can only find excuses to help corporations. When it's time to help the common citizen, suddenly we can't afford it. How convenient.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
PitDAWG #1912386 12/20/21 05:37 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
40 cent is afraid of progressives because we have ideas like:

[Linked Image from st2.depositphotos.com]

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You still read his nonsense? LOL
Sucker.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Read what? 40? Yes, I love 40. His posts are always good for a laugh.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/20/21 09:05 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I find it intriguing that Harris is starting to distance herself from Biden's comments.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I find it intriguing that Harris is starting to distance herself from Biden's comments.

Intriguing? More like inevitable. Politicians are known for covering their own behinds. He was always a match of expedience for her. Now that his ship is sinking, it appears her loyalty only lasts while it benefits her. ...Politicians....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Sinking? Are his approval ratings under 40%? I mean, compared to Trump, who rarely ever got over 40%, his numbers have been astounding. But you are right, they have dropped. This article from today, December 20th, say he is currently at an all time low of 41%, or where Trump was his entire Presidency.

Biden approval rating at historic low in NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...oric-low-in-npr-pbs-newshour-marist-poll

Oh, here is a January article about Trump's approval ratings for you to compare:

Last Trump Job Approval 34%; Average Is Record-Low 41%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/328637/last-trump-job-approval-average-record-low.aspx

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/21/21 12:13 AM.

Legend
Legend
Makes perfect sense, people had hopes that Biden was going to be this big change... then covid kept ravaging, inflation started making people poorer, supply chain shortages kept going, so his approval rating has plunged....

We live in a divided country where it is going to be extremely hard for any president to get, and stay, much above 50% approval.... Too many devoted Ds and Rs will never admit that a president from the other party is doing a good job.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Here is an idea bro. Maybe somebody should run for President who isn't an idiot like Both Trump, and Biden. Or better yet we need a 3rd party that doesn't lean far right, or far left. but one that is down the middle.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
It's kind of nice seeing illegitimate president potato head and the unqualified hoebag illegitimate vp Kamala make a mockery of our once great country. I can't count how many people that I know that have turned on potato head and want our real president Trump back in his office. 2022 is just about here - Virginia was the first taste. 2024 can't get here soon enough- you can feel it coming. It's kind of amusing watching libtards get mad at other libtards for enabling crime and violence. Don't worry, you'll all get another chance to vote.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
It's kind of nice seeing illegitimate president potato head and the unqualified hoebag illegitimate vp Kamala make a mockery of our once great country. I can't count how many people that I know that have turned on potato head and want our real president Trump back in his office. 2022 is just about here - Virginia was the first taste. 2024 can't get here soon enough- you can feel it coming. It's kind of amusing watching libtards get mad at other libtards for enabling crime and violence. Don't worry, you'll all get another chance to vote.

This entire post is hilarious… and a pathetic display of your intelligence.
Thanks for outing yourself as a walking caricature.

[Linked Image]
Swish #1913082 12/21/21 11:48 AM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by Swish
Man screw joe machin. This clown just picked his brokerage account and corporate slave masters over the people of West Virginia and America as a whole.

I agree that corporatism is comparable to a rabbit chasing a carrot. - "Here little rabbit, here's a bite, now do this for me." - I hate corporatism. Additionally, I like having the choice if I want to be part of the corporate establishment or go my own way. However, what is happening now is far scarier than corporatism. We're talking about big government. - A government that wants to tell you and me what we can own, what we can support/not support, how much money we're allowed to make and how much we have to give to the government etc. etc. If people like Obiden get their way, and we project this over the next 20 years, I can't imagine the sort of government tyranny we'll be facing.

As for the topic, I give Joe Manchin credit for trying to save America. His efforts are valiant but are just one little wave in the sea of Patriotism that has overtaken this country over the last 6 months. Americans have woken up and are already taking action. 2022 will be a great year, and 2024 will be even better. It's not a matter of "if" our legitimate president Trump returns, as much as it is a question of "when".

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
This entire post is hilarious… and a pathetic display of your intelligence.
Thanks for outing yourself as a walking caricature.

No joke, I visited Portland when I was a kid way back when. Over the last few years, all of the family that I had there has moved to Texas. I wonder why.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 12/21/21 11:56 AM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

I agree that corporatism is comparable to a rabbit chasing a carrot. - "Here little rabbit, here's a bite, now do this for me." - I hate corporatism. Additionally, I like having the choice if I want to be part of the corporate establishment or go my own way. However, what is happening now is far scarier than corporatism. We're talking about big government. - A government that wants to tell you and me what we can own, what we can support/not support, how much money we're allowed to make and how much we have to give to the government etc. etc. If people like Obiden get their way, and we project this over the next 20 years, I can't imagine the sort of government tyranny we'll be facing.

As for the topic, I give Joe Manchin credit for trying to save America. His efforts are valiant but are just one little wave in the sea of Patriotism that has overtaken this country over the last 6 months. Americans have woken up and are already taking action. 2022 will be a great year, and 2024 will be even better. It's not a matter of "if" our legitimate president Trump returns, as much as it is a question of "when".

Let me guess, the Trump fascism you want to return was A-OKAY with you… If you bought into that BS, you are a fascist insurrectionist supporting dolt. I'll never live to see it, but I can die happy knowing your ilk is permanently on its way out, going the way of the dinosaur. Yep, the GOP of today is just the flailing corpse that doesn't know it's dead yet, like a chicken with its head cut off. You might win a few more elections here and there, but conservatism is dead in the GOP. The GOP won't stand much longer, simply standing for nothing.

P
Legend
Legend
P

And there it is. The Trumpain mentality that is destroying the Republican party on full display.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1913123 12/21/21 02:04 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
And he's calling somebody else a potato head.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
No joke, I visited the Muni back when Kosar played. It was a filthy outdated dump. Much like your posts.

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Municipal Stadium got leveled and pushed into the lake. In its place we have a newer, better, facility. - Thank You Al Lerner. Portland used to be a safe place for families to visit. Thanks to liberals it's now considered an unsafe, lawless, garbage city. I'll never go there again. It's a shame that all of the good, hardworking, people of faith and family have left Portland due to liberal politics. But hey, please stay and enjoy. If you decide to leave, I hear California and Washington are nice. - Once you get around all of that looting and taxation lol.

Legend
Legend
Oh the Irony!

They call names when crying about you calling names!

They don't have answers so they attack the messenger!

Typical.

Manchin was right about the left.

1 member likes this: RememberMuni
PitDAWG #1913133 12/21/21 02:22 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And there it is. The Trumpain mentality that is destroying the Republican party on full display.

Keep telling yourself that. 100 million strong and growing every second.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden's Agenda

Link Copied to Clipboard