Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Made it to halftime and the Steelers were getting stomped.

Wake up and they damn near came back from 26-0.

In the end they loss after the guy makes the catch in the endzone and then gets it knocked out.

Great they lost.

We have to win.

It is all right there.

Legend
Legend
So the steelers are 6-6-1

They now play:

Tennessee
At Kansas City
Cleveland
At Baltimore

They would have to win out (like us) to get into the playoffs.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I seriously doubt that they win another game.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Hammer
"Only" have to win 4 out of last 5. Win all the AFC North games and the Raider game. 10-7 will win the division.

Ravens have: Browns (L)/Bengals(L)/Packers(L)/Rams(W)/Steelers(W) = 10-7.
Bengals have: 49'ers(L)/Broncos(W)/Ravens(W)/Chiefs(L)/Browns(L) = 10-7.
Steelers have: Vikings(W)/Titans(L)/Chiefs(L)/Browns(L)/Ravens(L) = 7-9-1.

The Ravens and Bengals may both finish with more than 10 wins.
A 10-7 Browns team has over 2/3rds chance, I'd say, to miss the playoffs altogether. 11 wins would put the Browns in, maybe.

I wanted to, but after double checking, cannot mathematically say the better who bet the Browns would have the worst record in the entire NFL in may was out of luck, but it is still possible that the Browns could have the worst record in the entire NFL.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns still control their own destiny for 2nd place in the North which would more than likely land them a wild card spot,
IF the Browns win all of their 5 remaining games and finish 11-6.
At 11-6 the Browns would be 2nd place in the North, and POSSIBLY WIN THE DIVISION, if the Bengals beat the Ravens, giving the Ravens a division loss to the bengals, in that case...
If that were the case the Browns would have split with the ravens and steelers and swept the bengals. 4-2 in the div.
The ravens would have split with the Browns, split with the steelers, and been swept by the bengals, 2-4 in the div.
The steelers would have a loss to the Browns, if not more, making their record no better than 10-6-1 which is less than what would be the Browns 11-6 record.
The Bengals would lose the final game at the Browns being the Bengals #6 th loss and being swept by the Browns head to head finish behind them.

So. Today. If the Browns win all 5 of their remaining games. And the Bengals beat the Ravens in Cincinnati, Then the Browns win the AFC North Division title. and get an AUTO-MATIC, PLAYOFF BERTH.
That is a goal to get behind.

I say Load up the Running backs into the back of a semi, and get ready to aim for 30 more rushing touchowns in these last 5 games.
400 yards rushing and 6 rushing touchdowns each game, should be enough to win each of the Browns last 5 games one at a time.
HA!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Hammer: The Bengals are going to beat the Chiefs in Cincinnati, I've been saying this since the schedule came out, it will be their inspiring rally win, and the Chiefs' won't know what hit them.
The 7-5 cincy remaining schedule is the 9ers/ at broncos/ ravens/ chiefs/ at browns.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Wish I had your confidence. I,ve been a Browns fan since the mid 60's and have painfully watched the Steelers comeback from a first half trouncing to rally in the second half for the win. I hate them but they know how to make adjustments.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I agree with you about the Steelers game being painful, I don't think it was any less painful than the Ravens game. We took them for four turnovers and could only muster scoring 10 points. That's pretty damned painful.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Cleats
Legend
Legend
I agree, I went into the season thinking it would be between us and the Ravens to win it, the Bengals would be improved but not quite there yet, and the Steelers would look old and reeling... then for a while I was thinking the whole darn division looks pretty good.. now the whole division looks suspect with no clear dominant team(s).... and it just makes the fact that we have given away 2 or 3 games that were right there for the taking all that much harder to stomach...

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
I seriously doubt that they win another game.
Haha lets just hope one of them isn’t against us especially

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Week 14 Results:

Ravens 8-5
Bengals 7-6
Browns 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 12/12/21 08:55 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Week 14 Results:

Ravens 8-5
Bengals 7-6
Browns 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

INCORRECT!

Ravens 8-5
Browns 7-6
Bengals 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

T
Legend
Legend
T
... Anybody want to do the research of the strength of victory Bills and Browns, If they somehow finish same recorded, Patriots beat bills and Browns beat steelers, that would (create a tie) in common games, and If they were both 6-6 against the AFC, the Browns,
do the Browns clearly have a better strength of victory? I mean the Browns didn't play the jets twice. to end up, ahead of the Bills in consideration. eventually, if ...

T
Legend
Legend
T
OH my Freaking gosh, how much time has it been since The Browns were the Only AFC North team to win in a week???
Because it happened this week thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
... Anybody want to do the research of the strength of victory Bills and Browns, If they somehow finish same recorded, Patriots beat bills and Browns beat steelers, that would (create a tie) in common games, and If they were both 6-6 against the AFC, the Browns,
do the Browns clearly have a better strength of victory? I mean the Browns didn't play the jets twice. to end up, ahead of the Bills in consideration. eventually, if ...

Buffalo wins tie breaker over Cleveland based on win pct vs conference opponents.

T
Legend
Legend
T
ehh, I meant, beyond that, if they end up 6-6 = or even 7-5 equal vs conf. opponents, wait, it would have to be at 6-6, because I know if the patriots beat the Bills and the Browns beat the Steelers then the "common games minimum 4 would be equal, and THEN, the strength of victory would come into effect.... (too much looking ahead for me.)

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tie-breaking-procedures/
I think that is the site for the NFL tie breaks.
1st. the regular season ends, complete.
then, the team with the best record in the whole conf. gets the first round bye, and would have the best record in it's own division,
and if overall records are tied, ^ those are the tie breaks, between (two clubs in a div.) (two clubs from different divs.) (3 or more clubs from different divs.) and 3 or more clubs in the same div. and sequentially how they are applied.

and sequentially, the NFL would determine spots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, in the playoff berth assignings.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

Buffalo wins tie breaker over Cleveland based on win pct vs conference opponents.
Currently yes. Currently the Bills are 5-5 in the conference with 2 games remaining
the Browns are 4-5 in the conference with 3 games remaining. Still catchable.

Legend
Legend
We have three more must-win games: Raiders, Steelers, and Bengals. The Packers game, while it would be nice to win, won’t kill us to lose

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Week 14 Results:

Ravens 8-5
Bengals 7-6
Browns 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

INCORRECT!

Ravens 8-5
Browns 7-6
Bengals 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Super is correct. We are #2 in the AFCN and #8 seed in the AFC. Ahead of Cincy in both.

There are five 7-6 teams in the AFC. We are in the middle of that pack, behind IND and BUF and ahead of CIN and DEN.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We have three more must-win games: Raiders, Steelers, and Bengals. The Packers game, while it would be nice to win, won’t kill us to lose
I concur..

If we run the table, I think we are pretty much a lock based on who the rest of our division has to play.
If we go 3-1 losing to the Packers, I think we still have a very good chance.
If we go 3-1 losing to somebody other than the Packers, we need a lot more help.
If we go 2-2 I don't see many paths for us to get into the playoffs.

And that's just to win the division. Many variables to us getting a WC if we go 3-1 and the Ravens run the table or also go 3-1... Chargers, Colts, Bills all have some tough games remaining but things would have to break just right... but then again, there are always upsets.

If we run the table AND the Ravens run the table to win the division, I still think we are in as a WC..

A lot of words written but it all starts with, we need to win at least 3 games.. go get it done

Last edited by DCDAWGFAN; 12/15/21 12:43 AM.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Can't get my head around the fact that if we win Monday night there will be 3 teams at 8-6 in our division.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Crazy that we've played like dog poop and have a chance to be in first place this late in the season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we can step into a win we are in FIRST.

Legend
Legend
We couldnt ask for a better circumstance given our losses to LA, PIT, NE, and BAL

Legend
Legend
Can't get my head around the fact that if we win Monday night there will be 3 teams at 8-6 in our division.
And the other at 7-6-1...

At the beginning of the year, I fully expected this division to be between a very good Ravens team and very good Browns team with one winning the division and the other being a shoe-in for a WC.
I expected the Bengals to be better but not quite there yet.
I expected the Steelers to continue their slide.

The Ravens and Browns have both underachieved and been terribly inconsistent.
The Bengals are a little better than I expected but not a whole lot. I thought they would be +/-.500.
The Steelers just find ways to win games they probably shouldn't win and have found a way to stay in the conversation.

yebat' Putin
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Funny, I thought it would go this way.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are lacking depth. They both begin to struggle near the end of the season when injuries start taking their toll.

I thought people really underestimated Cincy at the beginning of the season. But, I did not think they would do this well. They have fared well with injuries.

I figured Cleveland's defense would struggle in the beginning. It was completely overhauled. I predicted it would take 4 to 6 weeks before we start seeing the benefits.

Browns' depth and their run game would come in strong in the latter part of the season.

I did not think Cleveland's offense would struggle this much. They need more depth on the OL and receiver. I think more experience is key here.

My initial prediction was Baltimore, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh would split. Of the three, the team that swept Cincy wins the conference.

The AFCN has lived up to its history. They beat each other up, but the winner always does well in the playoffs.

Don't quit on Cleveland just yet. History shows they never make it easy!

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Once again the steelers come from behind against a good team yet most seem more worried about Bengals and Ravens in our division... Jeeze, I hope we can put a decent lineup out there tonight!

Legend
Legend
I am willing to put it all out there for this COVID-Bowl game, and furthermore, I am equally willing to risk being in first place.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Steelers suck - season ends next week for them in KC.

Last edited by Hammer; 12/20/21 11:22 AM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Just checked this stupid Dolphins thing, dolphins winning 6 in a row after losing 7 in a row.

end conclusion. The Browns have to beat the raiders if they end with the same record as the dolphins, to stay ahead or = to the dolphins, in the "common games minimum 4" so if the Browns lose today to the Raiders they can get behind the dolphins too, if it comes to that.

Browns and Bills common games requires the pats beat the bills, iirc, and the Browns beat the "Steelers" , so beating the steelers also keeps pace but goes to strength of victory against the bills, (bills had a 3.5 lead in that last week, but if the Browns beat the Packers that should make that up)

so pacing the Bills, if all records = in the end, requires beating the steelers and packers,
and pacing with the dolphins requires beating the raiders in the common games minimum 4.

It is a Big Deal to get a win in the national football league.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Week 15 Results:

Bengals 8-6 (Next game vs. Ravens)
Ravens 8-6 (Next game at Bengals)
Steelers 7-6-1 (Next game at Chiefs)
Browns 7-7 (Next game at Packers)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Week 15 Results:

Bengals 8-6 (Next game vs. Ravens)
Ravens 8-6 (Next game at Bengals)
Steelers 7-6-1 (Next game at Chiefs)
Browns 7-7 (Next game at Packers)

Well done! nanner

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Week 16 Results:

Bengals 9-6
Ravens 8-7
Steelers 7-7-1
Browns 7-8

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Funny how the Bengals got criticised up and down for passing on Penei Sewell
And drafting Jamar Chase. Hows that decision working out now?
The Steelers pass on drafting a olineman and draft Najee Harris.
That decision has backfired
The Browns drafted Greg Newsome. But did they pass on WR that could have
Helped this offense?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Helped this offense?

It's Burrow's play. Elevates the rest of the team, including the OL.

You don't have to have a first round pick at every position if you have a good QB.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Helped this offense?

It's Burrow's play. Elevates the rest of the team, including the OL.

You don't have to have a first round pick at every position if you have a good QB.

Blasphemy! Brady and Rodgers never did squat without an OL giving them 7 seconds to figure out how many guys were wearing the other color jerseys, 2 all-pro 1000 yard RBs and at LEAST 3 1st/2nd Rd all-pro receivers who could get at least 5 yards of separation on every play so they could raise their hands and jump up and down just to make sure the QB could see them.

How dare you use this back-handed comment of Burrow to try and slight Baker. Some "fan" you are.

Forgot to add - you probably want to go back to watching 1-31 football too!

Last edited by GraffZ06; 12/27/21 02:06 AM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Well, That's it. The Browns have been eliminated from the playoffs and the Bengals win the division. See what a true franchise QB can do for your team? Do the Browns have that in Baker? Doesn't look like it. Berry has a lot of work to do this offseason to make the Browns a true playoff and SB contender and not a pretender.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, do you think other teams watched Baker's passes knocked down over and over, Baker bet on himself and lost big time. He is an overachieving little guy, we couldn't get a 5th rounder for an injured QB. PS, he has 4 more interceptions than ANY QB since 2018.....how's he doing. Draft a QB.....Go Browns!!!! Giants Webb better than Baker, he doesn't spend his time making commercials. Do you really think folks will want a losing QB in their commercials. NFL- not for long....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC North News and Notes Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard