Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
I am not a lawyer nor pretend to be one.

However, from what I have read he has not been charged with a crime yet.

There are complaints against him. If he is charged then things change. He has the right to defend himself.

Once a determination is made legally. The NFL will decide what they will do.

I am not defending him. Don't know what is true or not true.

I have no idea what the Browns will do in regards to Watson. Right now everything appears to fall under speculation.

To say he will never play in the NFL is speculation until he is proven guilty of something.

It is also speculation about any involvement of the Browns.

My guess is. He will play again but for what team? Not even a clue.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
watson is done.

I agree. He will never play in a NFL football game again.

If the Texans traded him he would have played this season.

Then why wasn't he traded huh????

That was your question. Fact is he WAS able to play this season. The reason teams wouldn't or didn't trade for him is because they thought the NFL would change his status and he wouldn't be able to play.

The reason no team would sign him to any long terms contract is because of possible future legal battles and his status moving forward.

I have no idea what you're smoking but I hope there isn't enough of it to infect a large portion of our population.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Just what we need, a kicker named Blew it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: Hammer, FATE
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
j/c...

A part of me hopes he's in place to kick the game winner against the Bengals to win the division.

Overcoming his own last name!

D
Legend
Legend
D
j/c...

I'm just glad Shankopotamus Jones wasn't available.

3 members like this: jfanent, oobernoober, Westy15
O
Legend
Legend
O
j/c...

rofl

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I've said all along that if and when those in the FO decide that Baker isn't the answer it's far more likely they would address it in the draft.
That's so freaking stuid. That would be so freaking stupid if they did that.
Doesn't everyone realize that's what they did for about 22 years between, (Kosar-Testeverde) - and (Baker Mayfield)

Bottom line is if the Browns can't find ways to win with Baker Mayfield, or the others, then they aren't going to find an answer in the bottom of a (draft pick) glass.
The reality is becoming that the Browns as an organization just don't know how to play the game to win as well as the other franchises, and in my opinion, if they get rid of Baker Mayfield, because they can't work with his talent, then it will be just further embarrassment on the franchise.

But I said an almost exact same thing 4 years ago if I remember right, (4-5)
Guess I have to come to grips that the USA, and the East Coast, is never going to Not, bribe the refs, or bend the rules so that Cleveland never wins anything.
Do we need more evidence...

Green Bay Jumps offsides, (should be a free play on a drive that would bring the score to the Browns lead by 5, in the 4th quarter)

But when Green Bay jumps offsides, the Refs get so (scaredy cat butt hurt) that the Browns have a free play that they blow the whistle out of flinching.
Then, to cover for their falsehood, they have to lie and say the browns jumped.
(Dya ever notice how the Browns never get a "free play" on their offense, but the announcers say the privelaged teams, like dallas, pittsburg, and green bay, tell you about about 4 per game for their offenses?)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Now we just need to bring back ol single bar Nintendo "Player" as our punter and we're set. Super Bowl!

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I approve of that tongue

5 members like this: Dave, Jester, MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think this speaks to the OLine as much as it does to Chubb. I think the world of Chubb as a runner, but he still needs to get some clean shots through.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I think this speaks to the OLine as much as it does to Chubb. I think the world of Chubb as a runner, but he still needs to get some clean shots through.

I was thinking the same thing. Our offensive line has been in shambles and still has been producing in the run game. Bitonio has been one of the best offensive linemen in the league.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Indeed it does.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I do agree about the OL, I think we also need to consider that Chubb is one of the league leaders in yards after contact.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
While I do agree about the OL, I think we also need to consider that Chubb is one of the league leaders in yards after contact.

Actually it's all about Baker - without the threat of Baker burning the defense on any given play for a TD, Chubb would never have so many holes to run through

Chubb being elite really makes a huge difference. It's a combination of OL, Chubb and scheme.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Legend
Legend
T
news. the idea of defense winning championships can suck an egg! flamingmad

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Todays results are a referendum on the Browns offense under Kevin Stefanski!
If the Browns and their head coach, don't CHANGE----> their offense, they will stay in 4th place in the division, for the rest of the century.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't blame him !

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Don't blame him !

If he ever wants to be a head coach he needs to go somewhere else to call plays. I’d expect Klint Kubiak on the staff next year if the Vikings clean house.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
why would he go from OC in Minnesota to OC in cleveland?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Hammer

Because he would like to be employed. Also, he and Stefanski worked together in Minnesota and his dad basically mastered the offense that we currently run.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A

If Stefanski relinquishes game day play calling duties?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by AZBrown

I don’t see that happening (and it shouldn’t).

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Please, I dont know why Stefanski should be calling plays. All year he has shown he is adverse to change. QB1 hurt, leave him in. When teams stop the run, Stefanski cannot adjust his formations or calls to the new reality. Between Stefanski and Baker, they have not gotten the job done offensively. So something needs to change and it aint just the QB

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DogNDC
Please, I dont know why Stefanski should be calling plays. All year he has shown he is adverse to change. QB1 hurt, leave him in. When teams stop the run, Stefanski cannot adjust his formations or calls to the new reality. Between Stefanski and Baker, they have not gotten the job done offensively. So something needs to change and it aint just the QB

I think your blame is misplaced disproportionately on Stefanski.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by AZBrown

I don’t see that happening (and it shouldn’t).

it 100% needs to

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I think your blame is misplaced disproportionately on Stefanski.

OK.. SO the head coach is also the play caller who is in charge of the offense. If the offense is not working well, the blame starts with him!! Then you go down the line, next Baker, then the rest of the offensive players coaches..etc. Have their been injuries, covid..etc that have effected things.. YES.. but the offensive output starts with Stefanski!!

C
Legend
Legend
C
We all know the offense revolves around the QB in the NFL. The offense goes as the QB goes. Based on several different standards our QB was among the worst in the league. Based on the film and advanced metrics our offense should have been much better if the QB was better.

I’m looking forward to next year when the QB is healthy and/or their is a new QB running the system.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We all know the offense revolves around the QB in the NFL. The offense goes as the QB goes. Based on several different standards our QB was among the worst in the league. Based on the film and advanced metrics our offense should have been much better if the QB was better.

I’m looking forward to next year when the QB is healthy and/or their is a new QB running the system.

OK... Who kept putting hurt Baker out on the field? Who kept stating how Baker gave them the best chance when everyone NOW is saying the harness is a problem??

C
Legend
Legend
C

OK... Who kept putting hurt Baker out on the field? Who kept stating how Baker gave them the best chance when everyone NOW is saying the harness is a problem??

I don’t see how playing Baker if he gives you the best chance to win is a problem.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Who kept stating how Baker gave them the best chance when everyone NOW is saying the harness is a problem??

Actually almost every poster on this board said that a hurt Baker gave us a better chance to win. Almost every poster on this board knew and stated that the harness had at least some impact on Baker throwing the ball. But they also said it still was the right move to keep starting Baker.

Until all of a sudden they want to blame someone for it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not sure that's entirely true. There was a lot of unresolved discussion about injured Baker starting over Keenum. Especially when Baker had the leg and was limping all over the field.

There was a lot of "if KS and the docs say he's gtg, then I guess he's gtg", but (IMO) that's not the same thing you're alleging.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
And I "tried" to make the argument that being healthy enough to play doesn't mean you should start. Especially at QB. That being able to play and being able to play well were two different things. I certainly remember well the resistance I got about that from the vast majority of posters. I remember comments of how Baker at 70% was better than Keenum or that he was the best option we had. There may have been some discussion the week or two he was limping around. But then that's not what we were discussing here. If you look at what I was commenting on......

......it was about an ongoing situation. The harness being the focal point.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Right

but IIRC those posters fell back on the reasoning that if KS started him (since it's coach's decision), then coach thinks he's healthy enough to play well. Docs say if he's healthy enough to play, and that (apparently) only came into play for the 1 game.

Again, this is my recollection of the conversation(s). I could be wrong.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe when people think back they often times don't remember things as happening exactly the same way. I understand that. And while I don't totally disagree with you, I think you may remember how Stefanski said he was basing his decision on what he was seeing in practice as well. It was said that Baker was performing well in practice and I never saw anything that contradicted that.

I would find it hard for a HC to go against what the doctors say, what the player says and what he saw in practice. I mean I'm not sure what other factors there would be in making a decision to start a player.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Who kept stating how Baker gave them the best chance when everyone NOW is saying the harness is a problem??

Actually almost every poster on this board said that a hurt Baker gave us a better chance to win. Almost every poster on this board knew and stated that the harness had at least some impact on Baker throwing the ball. But they also said it still was the right move to keep starting Baker.

Bakers problems have been more mental than Physical the last several weeks.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

The Browns finally broke Doug.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Bakers problems have been more mental than Physical the last several weeks.

Bingo. And the mental problems are way harder to correct. Baker at the very least needs competition next year.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard