Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
Amen, do you think other teams watched Baker's passes knocked down over and over, Baker bet on himself and lost big time. He is an overachieving little guy, we couldn't get a 5th rounder for an injured QB. PS, he has 4 more interceptions than ANY QB since 2018.....how's he doing. Draft a QB.....Go Browns!!!! Giants Webb better than Baker, he doesn't spend his time making commercials. Do you really think folks will want a losing QB in their commercials. NFL- not for long....GO Browns!!!
Yeah, the Steelers are certainly aware of Baker’s proclivity to have passes knocked down. what did Watt have alone? Like 4? That’s awful

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Week 17 Results:

Bengals 10-6
Steelers 8-7-1
Ravens 8-8
Browns 7-9

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 01/04/22 11:33 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
If there was any doubt as to what was going on, that was put to bed on the one play where Watt disengaged with the Olineman and then... just sat there waiting for the ball to be thrown his way.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Watt had (4) sacks...(5) total tackles...all solo...and (5) QB hits.

Garrett had (1) tackle (again)...solo though this time and not an assist...and...wait for it...(0) QB hits. He did hug Ben after the game though...so he DID touch him.

DPOY favorite...that's a joke. Face of the defense? The whole team? Sounds about right.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Garrett is banged up playing hurt. Ben gets the ball out of his hands fast. Clowney was working his man over but only got a couple chances to hit Ben. That's their gameplan.

Ben had like 20 completions for under 100 yards at the half, or something crazy like that. The real problem was how the front got absolutely abused by Najee.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Clowney had (6) tackles...(4) solo...(2) sacks...he's banged up too.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1478411220533366790

Lol at Myles and Clowney with 5 pressures each and Watt also with 5 pressures.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1478411459449217031

Pittsburgh converted 9 of 20 pressures into sacks.

Browns converted 2 of 11.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh dear Lord. Not the commercial thing again. Really?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Take out his penalties, he’s been NEEDED for our defense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Garrett had (1) tackle (again)...solo though this time and not an assist...and...wait for it...(0) QB hits. He did hug Ben after the game though...so he DID touch him.

DPOY favorite...that's a joke. Face of the defense? The whole team? Sounds about right.

Garrett is playing with a injury that would sideline 98 percent of NFL players. To give him crap just shows your lack of knowledge, and makes me question your IQ bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Doesn't Watt have a rib issue?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Imagine if Myles got to face a rookie Tackle, who is struggling mightily ..... one on one. Wonder what kind of game he'd have then?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Garrett is playing with a injury that would sideline 98 percent of NFL players. To give him crap just shows your lack of knowledge, and makes me question your IQ bro.

So we're throwing shade at Garrett for not playing to expectations while injured but excusing Mayfield's play because he's injured? I think I am starting to understand this.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[/quote]

Didn't notice if Myles had a harness around his... Wait he didn't have a sack last night ?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I don't have an issue with your opinion of my knowledge...IQ...or otherwise.

I think he's immensely talented...I also think he's soft...self-centered...ridiculously undisciplined...and more interested in getting sacks than anything else...he's a looooong way away from being being a dominant leader of a tough defense. I believed that last year and the year before last year. Time will tell...I'd love him to prove me wrong. I'm not holding my breath.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

So we're throwing shade at Garrett for not playing to expectations while injured but excusing Mayfield's play because he's injured? I think I am starting to understand this.

I don't know what shade "we" are throwing...but the shade I am throwing is at the year-in-and-year-out, pre-season hype of his pending DPOY dominance only to watch it fizzle time and time again...while he hugs the opposing QB after a TD play and guys like Watt beat the crap out of QBs or anyone with the ball.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think he's immensely talented...I also think he's soft...self-centered...ridiculously undisciplined...and more interested in getting sacks than anything else..

You know, I've heard varying descriptions close to this, although usually not laid on as thick as the rest of you post. LOL

And I've replied to it the same way I'm going to now and thus far have never gotten an answer to it.

On any given play Myles assignment is either to pressure the QB or maintain outside containment. You can't do both. It's one or the other. To buy into what you're trying to sell one would have to believe that Myles free lances rather than follow the play assignment. I've seen no evidence supporting that is the case. Do you have any?

And I certainly believe that blasting good sportsmanship is a sign of the times we live in. Not so long ago that was an admired trait.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think he's immensely talented...I also think he's soft...self-centered...ridiculously undisciplined...and more interested in getting sacks than anything else..

You know, I've heard varying descriptions close to this, although usually not laid on as thick as the rest of you post. LOL

And I've replied to it the same way I'm going to now and thus far have never gotten an answer to it.

On any given play Myles assignment is either to pressure the QB or maintain outside containment. You can't do both. It's one or the other. To buy into what you're trying to sell one would have to believe that Myles free lances rather than follow the play assignment. I've seen no evidence supporting that is the case. Do you have any?

And I certainly believe that blasting good sportsmanship is a sign of the times we live in. Not so long ago that was an admired trait.

The evidence you seek is on display every game. Teams let him do his roundabout-QB-seeking thing and then run - or throw - right where he was supposed to be...again and again and again. He jumps off-side like that's what he's SUPPOSED to do...and he has stated that that's just him being him.

Sportsmanship? Love-tapping the opposing QB after he beat you and during the game is NOT the kind of sportsmanship I want out of my defensive "Leader". See Clowney slamming his helmet to the ground at the same time of the lovefest. Postgame? Sure. Chatting with Rodgers during the game like they were having a beer? Sorry...that's not my kind of sportsmanship.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The only thing that matters is from the time the ball is snapped until the play is blown dead. Everything else is meaningless.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
The only thing that matters is from the time the ball is snapped until the play is blown dead. Everything else is meaningless.

Then why did you ask for evidence? Why mention "Sportsmanship"? You got MY answer and response.

Watt, Bosa, Bosa, Hendrickson, S Jones, Crosby...just a few badasses that I'd much rather have...you like the on-filed, nice guy for a defensive leader...I don't.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So to you what you do between downs matters. Not to me. I like guys who play hard when it actually matters. During the play.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So to you what you do between downs matters. Not to me. I like guys who play hard when it actually matters. During the play.

I like guys who are impact defensive players...leaders...game-changers. I don't like Teddy Bears who suck up to the opposing QB on the field.

Do you watch Browns games? You love stats...here's a few to ponder for our perennial DPOY candidate and QB grim reaper:

(0) QB hits in (3) of our games this year:

(1) QB hit in (4) games this year;

(2) QB hits in (4) games;

(3) QB hits in (3) games this year;

(0) sacks in (4) games this year....including (0) in the last (3) straight;

(.5) sacks once this year;

(1) sack in (7) games this year;

(1.5) sacks in (2) games this year;

(4.5) sacks against the Bears

That's between downs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Myles is tied for third in sacks and tied for sixth in tackles for loss with Von Miller. Nothing you have posted supports any of the following......

.I also think he's soft...self-centered...

As for the undisciplined part, in 2020 he had a grand total of 6 penalties. This will be his third pro bowl in the past for years. He set the Browns record for sacks. He was the top voter getter for this years pro bowl among DE's. He has been playing with a groin injury. Garrett isn't a problem for the Browns, he's a top star on the team. You just seem to hate him because he doesn't hate the opponent between plays. When it doesn't make any difference.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Week 18 Results:

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Week 18 Results:

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9

Incorrect!

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Browns 8-9
Rats 8-9

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Whatever....

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Week 18 Results:

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9

Incorrect!

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Browns 8-9... 3-3 in the division, and 5-7 in the afc
Rats 8-9... 1-5 in the same division, <thus the 4th place. and 5-7 in the afc.
and the 5-7s' don't affect anything because the Browns and ravens are 2 teams compared from the "same division" but it would take preminence in comparisions against other afc teams from the other 3 divisions. (in comparing 2 clubs, not 3 or more, when it's 3 or more you first remove whomever is not in the top most position in their own div. i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, place, of their own div. first.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So with the Browns finishing in 3rd place in Division (Better AFC North record) than Ravens. Does that make next years schedule the following?

(2) vs Bengals
(2) vs Steelers
(2) vs Ravens

AFC North will play entire AFC East s0

Bills
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets

AFC North will play NFC South so

Buccaneers
Saints
Falcons
Panthers

Then the 3rd place teams from other AFC divisions

Houston Texans
and Loser of tonight's Raiders/Chargers game

Then 17th game will be vs NFC East? Washington Football Team

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
Legend
Legend
T
It means that in next years schedule, If you don't have a quarterback, if you don't have an OFFENSE, that can score points,
then you will lose more than you win! Anaylitcs or not!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
maybe one home game win...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Out of curiosity, how many draft places did the win cost us?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DaveyD
As many as five. Can't find strength of schedule rankings or I could calculate it. Tired of looking. They say "google is your friend" but I've noticed, more and more, that I would have better luck looking for answers under a rock.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by DaveyD
As many as five. Can't find strength of schedule rankings or I could calculate it. Tired of looking. They say "google is your friend" but I've noticed, more and more, that I would have better luck looking for answers under a rock.

As an IT Professional for 22 years, I always Google first. thumbsup

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
How many places did it cost?

In 2014, the Browns drafted Cornerback Justin Gilbert with the 8th overall pick, (traded down then back up),
and most would agree,
Justin Gilberts production could have been gotten out of players found in the 4th-7th rounds or some UDFA's over time.
So what it comes down to, Not all picks hit, and
it might not be the end of the world.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We started with the 13th pick and ended today with the 13th pick after winning

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Imagine if Myles got to face a rookie Tackle, who is struggling mightily ..... one on one. Wonder what kind of game he'd have then?
If the Browns offense, was re-designed so that the offense, could get a quick receiver open and the ball released from the Qb's hands very quickly, then even if they'd run full speed the ball would already be out of the Qb's hands by the time the pass rusher gets there.

Now, I know, it sounds impossible, but then, it seems like other teams can do it against the Browns.

Legend
Legend
That’s a tough home slate next year:

Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Bucs, Saints, Patriots, Jets, Chargers

Legend
Legend
Actually, it may not be all that bad, at all.

Ravens, Steelers, Bengals - whatever. This is what it is every year, so no point in lamenting, or including them.

Bucs, Saints, Patriots, Jets, Chargers

Bucs - probably won't be close to being the Bucs we saw last year and earlier this year. They're falling apart and will lose guys to Free Agency.
Saints - always a fun one. This has potential to be pretty tough
Patriots - Belichick vs Stefanksi is a problem, but their QB isn't all that. I don't care how much the media fawns over him, he isn't the new Tom Terrific.
Jets - Jets is the Jets
Chargers - again, I will go on the "our coaching is going to hurt us, and their QB isn't all that the media blows him up to be" bandwagon. I watched the game last night. Half of Herbert's completions were balls he just blindly chucked out there in the direction of a player. He throws a laser, and effortlessly at that, but he wasn't "elite" like he's made out to be, nor was he when we played them. His receivers hurt him a LOT last night, too.... seems familiar. Also, our defense should be much improved over when we played this year.

So, all in all, it isn't that fearsome of a schedule, at all.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's really no worse than this years was. We hurt ourselves this year with dumb mistakes. Of course the injuries and covid didn't help, and the refs. Actually, when you put it all together, we were lucky to win 8 games!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC North News and Notes Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard