Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
But as an anti Republican poster you surely must support those Democrat ideals. Yes?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Why?

The is one of the most simple-minded assumptions I’ve seen on this board. You’re not simple minded either.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Also, anti-Republican is your perception of me. I happen to deride a lot of people who consider themselves Republican, just as I deride a lot of people who are Democrats. I deride republicans more because they’ve gone so far off the rails of what they were meant to be and what I used to identify with, and have allowed their own opportunism to make them subjugates of a demagogue.

That’s not to be said for all of them, though. Kinzinger seems like a guy I could get behind. I knew Anthony Gonzalez personally in high school. Another great guy. What are your thoughts on them?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So are you saying you do not support abortion, letting criminals out of jail and onto our streets, and opening our borders to traveling disease or

chasing those nasty terrorist parents who complain about the indoctrination your folks are dealing to their children in schools?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You think you’re being clever.

You’re not.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Why?

The is one of the most simple-minded assumptions I’ve seen on this board. You’re not simple minded either.

Yes he is.

Legend
Legend
Like you, I just don't understand how anyone can align with a side that puts someone like Cruz, Graham, on 'their team'.

It's like My Pops used to say: "Water seeks its own level. "

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
You think you’re being clever.

You’re not.

I don't think I am clever enough to be clever. Just trying to understand your thinking is all.

You post and often spout but there is no depth to it so I asked.

I will leave you alone now but we were of the same race once, so I am interested.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Oh yeah, we gotta be sure we don't offend the Nazis. SMH, how much more of this are we supposed to put up with. I say load em all up and send them to live on snake island.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/10/22 08:48 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ha, okay. Do whatever you see fit.

I have engaged and disagreed with many on here who I think have provided depth, including Pit, FATE, mgh, OCD, Peen, Arch, etc. I would hope they consider the same.

For what it’s worth, you criticize my lack of depth, but you yourself just dodged and/or deflected a couple questions on this thread and post political cartoons constantly. I get it. It’s a troll thing and that’s fine. You do you.

I’d be willing to bet that, on the issues, there are several places where we intersect in our ideologies. I’d also be willing to bet that we differ mostly in areas concerning how we actually view parties and the authenticity of what politicians say vs what they actually do or believe, or alternatively what their true motivations are.

That’s where I had my awakening and why I left “the club.” I had a very long conversation with DC about it, who I found out - along with Jfan - had very similar realizations to my own.

It’s all well and good now though. You can enjoy your fiesta without us enemies within. I watch two very large, corrupt machines constantly vie with each other to see who can be more self-interested. I’m glad to no longer be a part of the machination, but it sucks waiting for the bottom to constantly fall out.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Also, anti-Republican is your perception of me. I happen to deride a lot of people who consider themselves Republican, just as I deride a lot of people who are Democrats. I deride republicans more because they’ve gone so far off the rails of what they were meant to be and what I used to identify with, and have allowed their own opportunism to make them subjugates of a demagogue.

That’s not to be said for all of them, though. Kinzinger seems like a guy I could get behind. I knew Anthony Gonzalez personally in high school. Another great guy. What are your thoughts on them?

Oh, I missed this post...

Henry was wise and intelligent and Gonzalez was a good politician but an emotional turncoat who failed to represent his constituents. Kind of like Romney.

Legend
Legend
For what it’s worth, you criticize my lack of depth, but you yourself just dodged and/or deflected a couple questions on this thread and post political cartoons constantly. I get it. It’s a troll .

You have misunderstood the cartoons. A picture is worth 1000 words.

You have misunderstood when I say something and don't come back for the twists and insults, as trolling.

I often say what I have to say and then leave the room. I know the libs aren't gonna like what I said but that is their problem, living in their uninformed bubbles as they do.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/10/22 09:14 PM.
Legend
Legend
but we were of the same race once,

I can't think of a more telling statement.
Your Freudian slip is showing.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yes, you stir crap then run. Like a troll.

Legend
Legend
And here they come, right on que.

Legend
Legend
"cue."

"que" is Spanish for "Whuuut?"
Like he said before, you ain't clever.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Oh no, don't get stuck in the queue… 40 was talkin' barbecue… But your cue shtick was right on cue.

Legend
Legend
There is nothing quite as satisfying as the sound of a trap snapping shut.

Thanks for the tears, they are delicious.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

Oh, I missed this post...

Henry was wise and intelligent and Gonzalez was a good politician but an emotional turncoat who failed to represent his constituents. Kind of like Romney.

Adam, not Henry Kissinger. How did Gonzo fail to represent his constituents?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My bad on Henry. He was awesome.

Adam will be looking for a new job soon.

Gonzo voted to impeach at the second impeachment charade. His constituents are still mad.

Legend
Legend
Again....not clever.
not smart.
not even up on the difference between Kinsinger and Kissinger (though they be separated by 40+ years, and one is now 98 years old-)

and yet, you think you're the one setting traps...
Even the bears who ride the slow bus to the berry bushes and shallow salmon streams be LTAO @ you.

Mitch, please.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
His constituents are all the people in his district, Republican and Democrat. Since you made the assertion that he acted against the will of his constituents, what do you have to back that up?

I have this:

Overall, 60 percent of Americans say Trump bears either a “great deal” or a “good amount” of responsibility for the insurrection, but 72 percent of Republicans and 83 percent of Trump voters say he bears “just some” responsibility or “none at all.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/01/post-poll-january-6/

So the majority of Americans believe that he bears at least a good amount of responsibility. Hell, Kevin McCarthy said as much before he bent the knee. If Gonzo actions coincide with the majority, how did he ignore his constituents?

Furthermore, this was his response, ver batim:

“I like to think that no matter who is the perpetrator, whether it’s a foreign actor or domestic actor, if somebody is attacking the United States Congress, the President of the United States will step up and do everything to stop it and stop it immediately,” Gonzalez said after his impeachment vote. “Instead, we saw what amounted to escalation, indifference for a period of time and then a sort of ham-handed attempt at calming the situation that didn’t happen until hours into the insurrection.”

After his decision to retire, Gonzalez said he still believes his impeachment vote was “the right decision for the country” and its correctness will “become increasingly obvious” in future years. He also decried the increasingly shrill nature of both political parties, and said he believes “fewer and fewer people” are identifying with the loudest voices in each one. He has continued to vote in favor of efforts to hold Trump and his associates accountable for the insurrection, supporting the creation of a bipartisan commission to probe the riot, and voting to hold former Trump advisor Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena to testify before the January 6 committee.

“You cannot build a political movement around a person or a personality,” Gonzalez said of Republican allegiance to Trump. “People are fleeting and they’re flawed. The Republican Party needs to build itself on timeless conservative ideals, the ideals of of Abraham Lincoln of Ronald Reagan, that put the family at the center of society, that reduce the size of government, and promote freedom throughout society. That’s ultimately what I hope the Republican party gets back to, but this obsession over one individual, and blind loyalty to that one individual, it’s a dead end politically, but it’s also horribly toxic for the country.”

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2021...congress-members-say.html?outputType=amp

Not one thing he said was wrong.

He acted against his own career self-interests, not his constituents. Unfortunately, that’s what makes him stand apart from the Jim Jordans of the world and all the other people who have come to infect and corrupt the Republican Party. Doing the right thing is what caused his party - not his constituents - to oust him. Is that the democracy we want? Where someone doesn’t fall in line with a party - again, nothing to do with constituents - and they get censured and blacklisted. He didn’t fail his voters. He ticked off one man, who he was willing to stand up to against his own personal interests to preserve what this country was built for.

And that gives me a glimmer of hope.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Oh yeah, we gotta be sure we don't offend the Nazis. SMH, how much more of this are we supposed to put up with. I say load em all up and send them to live on snake island.

Again, I think crazy talk like this has a correlation to some of the crazy talk we hear out of the left.

One thing leads to another.

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don’t think it’s correlated, but even in the event it was, each person is responsible for his own actions. Sometimes it’s harder to accept that someone we want to be right isn’t solely to blame for something, but the facts are the facts.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
But as an anti Republican poster you surely must support those Democrat ideals. Yes?

Only someone that has completely shut off both their ears and their brains could ask an Independent this question. The answer to the crux of your question is 'no'. Being 3rd party allows you to accept/criticize any and every portion of any party's platform.

For me, I'll also add that I used to consider myself Republican and when the Tea Party hilarity started up was when I couldn't stomach it any more. I was never a Democrat... so for me, they are simply a party that I largely disagree with. Not a disappointment like Republicans.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Insanity - if you post anti Trump ... or anti Republicans Under Trump opinions you must support Democrat ideals? I mean that's someone right there that's lost touch with reality and anything that might be considered original thought or principals.

Honestly I would think my natural position on the political spectrum is Libertarian. I have strong Conservative fiscal opinions about most things. I also think health care is a right. I also believe in many proactive environmental programs and place the value of a healthy world/environment over profits. . . . But no Trump supporter would believe that, because Trump is a cancer and I've been vocal about him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Every Trumpian like yourself is anti-Republican. You forgot what a Republican is to bow at the feet of trump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You post and often spout but there is no depth to it so I asked.

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Again, I think crazy talk like this has a correlation to some of the crazy talk we hear out of the left.

Yes, the crazy left thinks we should actually tell all of history the way it actually happened instead of whitewashing it. So the GOP answer is to be "impartial to Nazi's".

Dear Lord man.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Echo both what you and oober said. If someone’s politics perfectly line up with any single party’s platform or advocacy, then either 1) that’s one hell of a coincidence or 2) that person is compromised their own independent thought process and ideals.

I have no problem with people who say, “yeah I voted for X politician even though I disagree with him on X, Y and Z because issues A, B and C are more important to me.” I think that’s most people.

The ones where I have the real problem - the ones who scare the hell out of me - are the ones who have basically come to follow a person or group with such fervor that it harkens back to all the horrible memories of the early to mid 20th century. That should not be something that happens in this form of government, which was essentially founded on distrust of individuals and the need to hold them in check.

The discrepancies are astounding at times. I’m betting a lot of people who are ardent Trump supporters were also ardent McCain supporters in 2008. Nothing really changed about McCain’s politics after that, except that he was at odds with Trump, which was enough to flip those people to despising McCain.

We’ve flipped to it being about the person and not the policies. That’s an extremely dangerous shift.

Edit - that was a reply to mgh

Last edited by dawglover05; 01/11/22 12:50 PM.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not easy. I thought Hillary was so bad I couldn't bring myself to vote for her or trump in 2016. After 4 years of trump I would have voted for damned near anyone to replace him in 2020. It is a sad state of affairs when those were the only two choices that had a chance to win the presidency.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
After 4 years of trump I would have voted for damned near anyone to replace him in 2020.

Biden thanks you for your support. LOL

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's sad that I actually earned that moniker. But after four years of Trump I was also sad I didn't vote for hillary in 2016. Sometimes in life we face situations that either choice is somewhat of a no win situation. This was one of those times.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, when voting for President, it feels as if that is the norm rather than the exception.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
2 members like this: dawglover05, PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
McConnell: Rounds 'told the truth' about 2020 election

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday expressed his support for GOP Sen. Mike Rounds (S.D.), who earlier this week was attacked by former President Trump after saying the 2020 presidential election was fair.

"I think Sen. Rounds told the truth about what happened in the 2020 election," McConnell told CNN. "And I agree with him."

While appearing on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday, Rounds shot down Trump's claims that the presidential election was affected by voter fraud, saying President Biden's victory was legitimate.

"While there were some irregularities, there were none of the irregularities which would have risen to the point where they would have changed the vote outcome in a single state," said Rounds. "We simply did not win the election as Republicans for the presidency."

Shortly after Rounds made his remarks, Trump released a statement attacking the South Dakota senator and repeating his baseless claims that the election was fraudulent. Trump called Rounds "a weak and ineffective leader," adding, "I hereby firmly pledge that he will never receive my Endorsement again!"

Rounds responded to Trump on Monday, saying he was "disappointed but not surprised" by the former president's reaction.

“As a Republican Party, our focus should be on what lies ahead, not what’s in the past. Elections are about growing support for your party, not further dividing it,” he said.

Other Republicans have come to Rounds's defense, including Utah Sen. Mitt Romney, who said Rounds spoke the "truth knowing that our Republic depends upon it." Other Republican lawmakers similarly echoed what Rounds said and argued that it was time for the party to move on.

"I don't think re-litigating or rehashing the past is a winning strategy," fellow South Dakota Sen. John Thune (R) said. "If we want to be a majority in 2023, we've got to get out and articulate what we're going to do with respect to the future the American people are going to live and the things they're going to care about when it comes to economic issues, national security issues."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/589309-mcconnell-rounds-told-the-truth-about-2020-election

Y'all still struggling with the truth. Booting Trump harshly would go a long way toward healing the divides.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
jc

im still trying to figure out what the GOP is gonna do with their far right problem. democrats are once again handing the GOP an alley oop, but they're about to get hung at the rim with the cawthorn and greene types.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Yes, the crazy left thinks we should actually tell all of history the way it actually happened instead of whitewashing it. So the GOP answer is to be "impartial to Nazi's".

Dear Lord man.

The left thinks more than that.

I think the notion of "copycat' is well established. I don't think that phenomenon is strictly limited to murders.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
The left thinks more than that.

Please elaborate.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're not making any sense. Since when is telling "all of history" a bad thing? I know, since forever considering how ugly it is.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans have become part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard