Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by jacksondawg
going to be interesting
If karlatis drops to us we could have a dl that has Clowney,Myles,McDowell ,and karlatis this would give you the runaway sack champion of the nfl.
You bring up excellent points but I would prefer to take chances on some injured 1 receiver like Godwin and Gallup.
there is a excellent chance that Justyn Ross,Mechi,or or Williams drops to us then take them.
this guaranteees are offensive line gets attention plus defensive line plus when they are healthy a top 15 WR set.

My thought is Kyle Hamilton falls to us. Otherwise, I agree Karlaftis would be a nice grab. Nakobe Dean is another I like to see. Can the Browns get lucky again having another JOK fall to the second round?

Cleveland's defense needs run-stopping DTs. Hopefully, we can get one in the middle rounds. Our DTs were a little light in the pants. Teams had success running up the middle.

Many will say WR with the 13th pick, but in my opinion, the receivers in this draft are nothing close to Chase. Wide receivers are hit and miss. It is rare a receiver with Chase-like qualities becomes available. I think they are better off taking a chance in the second or third round. I am not saying these receivers are bad just simply skeptical. I agree with you does Jameson Wilson fall to the second round as Chubb did?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I was expecting McDowell to lose steam as the season went on. Dude came in (arguably) even worse off than most rookies in terms of being able to handle the rigors of an NFL season. He showed he can hang with the big boys; and based on that alone last season was a huge success for him. Now he's gotta start rounding out his conditioning and improving his body.

Jackson is an aging vet. Solid if unspectacular. These unheralded signings don't get the love they deserve.

Our Dline started the year as run-stopping beasts and slowly weakened in that area. I think we'll be fine so long as we can mostly keep the gang together.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Both McDowell and Jackson ranked as practice squad players for the season for PFF.. I would be surprised if either is back.. DT is our weakest area by far, next is LB. I'd love to upgrade both in offseason

Sheldon Day (64.7): Graded 59.1 against the run over 233 snaps and seven games.

Malik McDowell (47.0): Was fifth with 24 pressures and graded 43.1 against the run.

Malik Jackson (44.4): Was third with 26 pressures and graded 43.6 against the run

Jordan Elliott (42.2): Was third among interior defenders in snaps and graded 45.9 against the run.

Tommy Togiai (40.8): Had 125 snaps and the lowest defensive grade among those with at least 10 snaps.

100-90 elite; 89-85 Pro Bowler; 84-70 starter; 69-60 backup; 59-0 replaceable.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree with others that McDowell shows promise even if the grade isn't great. I agree that all of the others could or should go. None of them show much promise.

That is why I would be good with a DT as our 1st selection. Leal should be a stud that we probably shouldn't pass if given the chance. All good D lines have at least 1 good DT.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Mcdowell made alot of bone-head plays.. I think he could stay as a rotation guy, but def. shouldnt be a starter yet. He's def. got physical tools

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
He's been out of football for what... four years or something?
He did pretty damn alright, I think.

Malik Jackson was a larger end signing. Malik McDowell performed almost exactly the same for a whole lot less.
He definitely needs to stay. Whether he starts or not gets decided next summer.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
L
Legend
Legend
L
problem is, neither one of them played well.. just because he played just as good as the expensive guy doesn't mean he's good.. sorry but those scores are really bad...and thats not marginal at all, its convincingly bad. I don't believe for a second either one will start next year.. if they do, something totally went wrong this offseason. I knew both Jackson and Walker were going to be bad, we can't afford bad FA signing this year, Richardson should have remained on the team. I bet Clowney and Garrett would each have had a couple more sacks

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by bugs
going to be interesting
If karlatis drops to us we could have a dl that has Clowney,Myles,McDowell ,and karlatis this would give you the runaway sack champion of the nfl.
You bring up excellent points but I would prefer to take chances on some injured 1 receiver like Godwin and Gallup.
there is a excellent chance that Justyn Ross,Mechi,or or Williams drops to us then take them.
this guaranteees are offensive line gets attention plus defensive line plus when they are healthy a top 15 WR set.

My thought is Kyle Hamilton falls to us. Otherwise, I agree Karlaftis would be a nice grab. Nakobe Dean is another I like to see. Can the Browns get lucky again having another JOK fall to the second round?

Cleveland's defense needs run-stopping DTs. Hopefully, we can get one in the middle rounds. Our DTs were a little light in the pants. Teams had success running up the middle.

Many will say WR with the 13th pick, but in my opinion, the receivers in this draft are nothing close to Chase. Wide receivers are hit and miss. It is rare a receiver with Chase-like qualities becomes available. I think they are better off taking a chance in the second or third round. I am not saying these receivers are bad just simply skeptical. I agree with you does Jameson Wilson fall to the second round as Chubb did?

Have you checked out USC receiver Drake London? I am not saying he is Jamar Chase but he could be a better version of Chase Claypool. Drake is an inch taller and will see at the combine but is suppose to be faster. Not much is hyped about him because he broke his ankle early in 2021 season. He was USC offense and when he went down so did they. Had he played I believe he would be the top WR in this years draft without question.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Those rankings are an average over the year. McDowell was making splash plays early in the year. He's essentially a rookie and should be treated at least as such (if not more leniently). There's plenty there to not only retain but also be optimistic for his future. Malik Jackson was simply plugging a hole. I'm not going to go into the Richardson situation. We're coming up on a full year from when he left and it's been beat to death. Nobody bats 1.000

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

A Robinson or M Williams

Berrios

Perriman (yes...Perriman)

1st Rd WR
------------------------
@ TE

Ertz (I wish)
Gesicki
C.J Uzomah (I wish)
Hayden Hurst/OJ Howard/Tyler Kroft/Jared Cook
-------------------------------------------------
LT - Eric Fisher (move Wills to RT) Dreaming

L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree about McDowell. I think he has a high ceiling. Just saying he's not ready to be a starter on a team that has playoff/championship aspirations. Lets see how he does next year with a new position coach. Jackson was plugging a hole yes, one that was created unnecessarily. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze there. But yeah its been beat to death. Same with Walker, wasn't a good signing, and noone bats 1.000 but Berry missed quite a bit with FA. But he's def. done good things and I think he'll fix the middle of the defense this offseason. Both the starting DT's this year are FA now. So that will be interesting to see what we do

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the Gustin fail was the real root of the issue here. He was brought in with the sole purpose of helping run defense and he failed miserably. I think we were counting on him when he was coming back from COVID opt-out.

I'm not saying Jackson was this world-beater. I'm just saying you're going to have guys like that come in and play significant volumes always. We could've done better, sure... but we also could've done worse.

I'm a little more inclined to agree with you on Walker. My feeling (emphasis on 'feeling') is that Walker was a bit more of a targeted signing.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I really like McDowell...and not just for the comeback story. If he works on his conditioning this off-season and shakes off the rest of the rust, I think he will be a beast. NFL weight training and conditioning this off-season after years out of the game? Look out.

I think what he accomplished this year was remarkable.

Walker? My goodness. Malcom Smith was better. Rely on Philips and bring back Smith.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by bugs
going to be interesting

Have you checked out USC receiver Drake London? I am not saying he is Jamar Chase but he could be a better version of Chase Claypool. Drake is an inch taller and will see at the combine but is suppose to be faster. Not much is hyped about him because he broke his ankle early in 2021 season. He was USC offense and when he went down so did they. Had he played I believe he would be the top WR in this years draft without question.

Understand. But, adding Kyle Hamilton gives Cleveland the best chance at having the best defensive backfield in the league having three first-rounders.

People will want to understand safeties and tight-ends are not nearly as expensive as corners and receivers. Having a plethora of top-of-the-league safties allows you to reduce your cost at corners. That means you specialize more in outside corners. It's the same as having top-end-tight-ends. You specialize in having receivers being great at either go-route or possession.

I think a lot of fans chase the big money players and do not look at all options. Having the best receiver, quarterback, pass rusher, and shut-down corner is all good. Paying for all that talent weighs heavily against the cap.

I can go on, but you can build a team in several different ways. Following the herd means you are just as good. Thinking outside the box makes you unique.

T
Legend
Legend
T
hillarously sad

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Much depends on your starting point.

For the Browns as the team stands today.

The quickest way to the end goal is defense.

If we can field a defense that can consistently hold teams to 17 points and under. We can win many games.

On offense we can add free agent receivers that with our run game will be good enough.

We have good players on defense a few more and we could be really good.

Pass rushers are a premium.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I would think we're going to take BPA at #13 at either WR, DL or LB. Of course, that would depend on whom we'll sign in FA and who we may lose. If we can sign a couple of good WR's in FA then we may look to the D. Alot of speculation between now and then.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/15/22 09:19 AM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Much depends on your starting point.

For the Browns as the team stands today.

The quickest way to the end goal is defense.

If we can field a defense that can consistently hold teams to 17 points and under. We can win many games.

On offense we can add free agent receivers that with our run game will be good enough.

We have good players on defense a few more and we could be really good.

Pass rushers are a premium.

I agree. I think that will continue to be the focus.

We had problems on O this year, but didn't have nearly the problems the previous year. My guess is Berry and crew will be betting that the O will be able to return to a good level. Yes, we need receivers, but I think we will probably go the FA route. Give baker some veteran receivers who can help now over someone to develop. I am also not convinced a stud reciver like Chase will have a major turn around impact on this team for many reason that have been mentioned.

IMO we need to stud out the D as much as we can and hope the O returns to 2020 form. Nothing much has changed on the O, so it seems to me there is a good chance that can happen.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Hard to say how Berry will handle this.

This is not so much a wish list but a necessity list.

Conklin was seriously injured. He signed a three year deal and would be in his third year. He may not fully recover and he has been injured a lot.

RT is super important for the Browns. Wills has talent but he struggled. He played RT in college. I am just saying.
Berry could draft a LT or RT. He may consider moving Wills to RT and drafting a LT or draft a RT.

Clowney. He is a very disruptive player. We need him. He will go where he gets the best deal and or where he likes the weather. To retain him Berry may have to offer the best deal. We will get no hometown discount. However, pass rusher is a premium need position. It will be addressed in some way.

Receiver. An obvious need. Assumption is Higgins is gone. Landry would have to accept less or he will be gone. In fact he may be gone period.

Free agency is an option but some of the top guys listed will be coming off injury. Allen Robinson might be the best option. Also, maybe a lesser name like Christian Kirk could play slot depending on what happens with Landry.
I suspect we will draft a receiver. The question is what round?

Those three positions will have to be addressed.

Of course the quarterback position will have to be looked at. Berry has stated he expects Baker to return. I assume he plans for Baker to be the starter. If that is so and they do not draft a quarterback. What will Berry do with the backup? I don't know. He may be fine with Keenum. He may want to bring in a guy like Trubisky or Mariota.

He may swing for the fence with Watson or Wilson. I doubt that but it is possible.

Those are the bigest questions regarding the most serious needs. There are others positions like DT or LB but the Browns place less emphasis on those positions.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I 100% agree with the elimination of the 13-personel 3 TE offense. I can't say a agree with why it's been used because I think it's Stefanski's way to enhance his run scheme but that's another discussion. The main problem with the 3-TE set is you allow the defense to adjust their defense to a run defense scheme because you've just shortened the field due to no deep threat. It also frees up LB responsibility because the corners and safety can match up with the TE's man-to-man due to the shortened field. That puts 6-8 in the box to stop the run and simplifies blitz packages for the defense. Unfortunately, and clearly magnified, Stefanski is one of the worst Head Coaches I've ever witnessed in making real game adjustments.

Like I've stated before, upgrade at WR is a necessity but unless the scheme changes, no WR worth consideration of being a #1 WR is ever going to consider coming to Cleveland with a scheme that has the Browns throwing 200 plus less passes than the top tier teams and to be sidelined at nearly 50% of the snaps while Stefanski is running his 2 and 3 TE sets. In addition, whether people want to hear it or not, the Browns went out and signed an All-Pro TE in Hooper that came to the Browns with 2-years of almost a 100 targets each after 3-years of sub-par play by Njoku. In his 1st year the Browns cut his targets by 28% and 37% his second year and the fans are bitching that he was a poor FA sign? What the hell do you think is going to happen if the Browns somehow sign a Chris Godwin who's averaged 107 targets over the last 4-years with a 77-catch average and 1,030 yards by 37%? Do you really believe that a Godwin is going to consider the Cleveland Browns to go from 107 targets to 67 targets (a 37% reduction). In pass attempts alone for the team, Brady made 719 attempts compared to Mayfield's 418. That's freaking 301 more opportunities for Godwin to be targeted in Tampa rather than Cleveland. Think about that - even if the Browns pay 1.5 times the going rate - how dedicated will Godwin be to the team and what level of effort would the Browns get with a 37% reduction in targets to it's over payed WR?

If you're going to go out and get these type of players then you need to play to their skill set. That goes for any FA WR under consideration, Hooper, and most certainly Mayfield. If you're hell bent on not doing that then save your money because it will never work out. We're seeing it first-hand with Mayfield and Hooper, seen it with OBJ and Stefanski had the same issue with Diggs and Rudolph (Rudolph had his targets cut by 41% from the previous year when Stefanski took over OC duties in MIN) by cutting their targets. This is not a one off, it's a trend and a very poor trend if you're a head coach looking for playmakers.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
I would like to add that Hooper has to go.

No way I keep him. His contract is bad and it will hurt. I would try hard to trade him.

I would resign Njoku. He wants to stay and I think he will ask for a fair deal.

I give Njoku credit. He has matured as a player and person. He has worked hard to become a good blocker. Dude has added big time to his frame.

He is still young and his best years as a complete player are in front of him.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Was it all Stefanski in Minnesota and not him running the type of offense Zinmmer wanted? Did OBJ want out because of Stefanski or because Baker couldn't get him the ball?

The Browns averaged 5.8 yards per carry out of 1-3 personnel on 105 rush attempts and rushed for 4 touchdowns. The Browns had at least two WRs on the field 76.6% of their plays. The Browns also ran the fewest total amount of offensive plays of any team in the league.

The scheme will not keep a WR from the signing in FA, money offered will and possibly the QB play. Players want to get paid. We'll see what happens in FA.

A snippet from The Athletic on Zimmer's tenure as Vikings coach...

The interview process that led to DeFilippo was one Zimmer grew to regret. He didn’t fully realize, despite the interview, that DeFilippo was going to run a shotgun, pass-heavy offense that was so contrary to what had led to Cousins’ previous success in Washington. Zimmer grew furious with the game plan and fumed after a loss in New England about how frequently they threw against light boxes, telling one coach they could’ve rushed for 200 yards that night. Instead, they finished with 95 rushing yards and only 10 points.

He fired DeFilippo a week later and hired Stefanski to overhaul the offense and transform it into a zone-rushing scheme relying on Cousins under center and using play action. The change flummoxed some on offense who didn’t understand why Zimmer maintained so much say in the scheme despite being frequently absent from offensive meetings. Zimmer dictated how the Vikings offense would look, seeking balance and an emphasis on the run game, but didn’t help with the offensive game planning. His desire for balance between the run and the pass left some players confused in a league that’s shifting more toward passing. It ultimately contributed to wide receiver Stefon Diggs demanding a trade.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just have a question about Hooper. Who on God's green earth do you think would take on Hooper's contract in a trade? A team has to agree to take on the contract he's signed to in order to have him on their team. Now maybe he would be willing to renegotiate his contract in order to facilitate a trade. But if he would renegotiate his contract somewhere else, he may be willing to renegotiate it here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Milk Man
The Browns also ran the fewest total amount of offensive plays of any team in the league.

Where did you get this from? I'm not saying you're wrong but that's certainly not what I found.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/play-selection.html

This source says there were 12 other teams with fewer offensive plays than us.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
And this is whyI've stated that my hope that we move on from Hooper is just that. In order to trade him we'd have to sweeten the deal with draft capital, which I wouldn't want us to do. And as much as I loathed his play out there, it does make more sense to keep him and hope he bounces back vs cutting him. I think we should pay Njoku and give him Hooper's snaps/looks.

-PrplPplEater
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by bonefish
I would like to add that Hooper has to go.

No way I keep him. His contract is bad and it will hurt. I would try hard to trade him.

I would resign Njoku. He wants to stay and I think he will ask for a fair deal.

I give Njoku credit. He has matured as a player and person. He has worked hard to become a good blocker. Dude has added big time to his frame.

He is still young and his best years as a complete player are in front of him.

I agree. But I suspect we go into next season with:

1-Hooper
2-Bryant
3-Draft Pick

O
Legend
Legend
O
That would be extremely disappointing, and that's coming from someone that still has high hopes for Bryant.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Milk Man
The Browns also ran the fewest total amount of offensive plays of any team in the league.

Where did you get this from? I'm not saying you're wrong but that's certainly not what I found.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/play-selection.html

This source says there were 12 other teams with fewer offensive plays than us.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.c...nsive-personnel-grouping-frequency-2021/

Interesting.

Maybe the data is off?

Legend
Legend
Nobody.

It is a problem and the Browns would have to swallow some of his salary.

But he has to go. He is actually holding back Harrison and Njoku.

They can not keep him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Certainly one of the two has to be.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Andrew Berry this off season will be earning his keep.

There are numerous tough decisions to be made.

The 2022 roster will have close to 17 new players. That is about average for every team.

Clowney, McKinley, Walker, Hubbard, M. Jackson, Njoku, Higgins, MJ Stewart, M Smith, Colquitt, Harrison are all UFA's.

Nine RFA's.

We have are own picks in rounds 1-6.
We swapped 7th round picks with Detroit, and we have the Lions 4th round pick.

That is 28 guys in total. Of course some we will keep.

Plus the return of Conklin is a question mark.

There are other players under contract like Hooper, Keenum, Landry that some decision willl need to be made.

Add a kicker as well. Who knows about the coaching staff?

No matter how you look at our roster there are tough decisions to be made.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
On the surface according to your post it appears to be Zimmer. However, if you look deeper, Stefanski brought an enhanced version of what he implemented in Minnesota to Cleveland so he shoulders equal or more of the blame. Second and more importantly, Zimmer just got his walking papers and I suspect the same for Stefanski next season if he doesn''t make some drastic adjustments. In 2020, Stefanski caught the league off guard with his run first scheme. In 2021, teams planned to stop the scheme and they did and did it well. Stefanski is horrible at making adjustments and passing 200 plus less times a season is a problem. Don't misunderstand me, the Browns have a great running game and it should be a focus. However, when your scheme doesn't play to the skill set of your personnel you are planning to fail because you become one dimensional. Mayfield needs a dedicated QB coach to work on mechanics and decision making but more importantly Baker needs to be the Baker the Browns drafted. Hooper is a proven commodity that the Browns have basically shelfed due to their scheme. Come on, the guy was a 2-time pro bowler getting almost 100 targets a season. Question, do you really think he was always bad even though his stats proved different or maybe it's the scheme and lack of use of his skill set? Zimmer got fired because of not only his record but the inability to beat Green Bay. His run first scheme doesn't work when you're trailing all the time. You're watching Zimmer 2.0 in Cleveland with Stefanski. You are not going to win regularly with a passing offense mired in the bottom 25% of the league or trotting out a QB that is going to throw 200 plus fewer passes than the elite teams.

You can be the top running team in the league (aka PHI) but if you can't score quick through the air, run a feared 2-minute drill, or adjust to what the defense is offering you then you're doomed. Currently, the Browns passing offense has none of those attributes!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I love that your argument is that we should be passing more. It is the only real criticism of Stefanski that makes sense.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Bone, yep, that looks about right! Gosh, we are doing what winning teams are doing in the offseason and not looking for a new GM and or HC.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I love that your argument is that we should be passing more. It is the only real criticism of Stefanski that makes sense.

Actually, the root of the problem is we become predictable. At the beginning of the year and on paper the Browns can run a myriad of schemes. In the end, Cleveland was mainly good at running 12 and 13 personnel schemes. Teams learned they must stop the run and take their chances defending the pass. Once we lost a few key receivers, the Browns made it easy for teams.

Cleveland doesn't need to have the weapons Cincinnati has to be successful. They simply need to have the personnel to keep the defenses honest. When we lost OBJ and Landry got hurt, we lost the edge. Otherwise, I still believe Stefanski can build this offense around the run game. It is simple and cost-effective. Build the defense through the draft and the offense using FA and development.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Wow. So, does Nobody get it?

What do you think the Browns defensive roster in 2021 was, it was studded out, studded out to the max! Player by player, pound for pound. Any thought that they would get some benefit from another addition, on defense,
Could have already been answered, when they already did!! like 7 times, like everyone from A.Walker, to McKinley, to Clowney, to Newsome, to Koramoah, to Phillips being healthy, to 22 Delpit returning, to John Johnson, to Troy Hill.
That's 9!
So, your post is, the answer is, that, After 9 times doubling down on the Same Medicine
that what they need to do,

is a 10th time dose of the same medicine that, (well despite all the new tools they just can't seem to play better chess on game days, or, well, they Do, 8 wins, but 4th place at the end of the division,)

I'm not saying I have the answer, what I'm saying is, we've seen what you are advocating for, and seen it 9 holes deep. (Golf)
This is it. 8-9. 8 wins 9 losses,
Cole Beasley and Stephon Diggs, and others all over can grab these drop down, over the shoulder passes 35 yards down field on the way to and through the playoffs to the super bowl,
But one more defender to add on the roster is the answer? I think, it's not quite an insane idea but it's dang near as insane as thinking Hue Jackson would be a good bring back.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
25 years of putting Offense 3rd has netted the Browns soo many championships. frown

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have to agree that the Browns defense is good - well, most of the time. I don't believe that the defense is the biggest need at this time but getting a stud DT and an upgrade at LB should absolutely be on the table for discussion as how to address those needs this off season. If I was Berry putting together a "to do" list, it might look something like this:

1. Head-to-head discussion with Stefanski about a) giving up play calling, b) adjusting (not totally changing) the scheme to our personnel's skill set's, c) determining if AVP as OC is in the team's best interest d) hiring a QB Coach totally dedicated to fixing the mechanics and decision making of our QB's.
2. Hiring a QB Coach and if necessary, an Offensive Coordinator
3. Addressing our FA's and which one's meet the needs going forward - are we releasing or cutting anyone?
4. FA and the Draft - order of biggest needs
a) WR - combination of FA and the draft (3-4 players)
b) OT - Health of Conkin?, Wills still at LT?, depth
c) DT - FA or Draft?
d) LB - FA or Draft?
e) TE - Best options going forward with adjusted scheme
f) QB2 - what's our best option
g) Kicking game - stability
h) Team - improving the team depth

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Both McDowell and Jackson ranked as practice squad players for the season for PFF.. I would be surprised if either is back.. DT is our weakest area by far, next is LB. I'd love to upgrade both in offseason

Sheldon Day (64.7): Graded 59.1 against the run over 233 snaps and seven games.

Malik McDowell (47.0): Was fifth with 24 pressures and graded 43.1 against the run.

Malik Jackson (44.4): Was third with 26 pressures and graded 43.6 against the run

Jordan Elliott (42.2): Was third among interior defenders in snaps and graded 45.9 against the run.

Tommy Togiai (40.8): Had 125 snaps and the lowest defensive grade among those with at least 10 snaps.

100-90 elite; 89-85 Pro Bowler; 84-70 starter; 69-60 backup; 59-0 replaceable.

DeMarvin Leal could be a possibility at 13 depending on what happens in FA and as the draft unfolds.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Jordan Davis, perhaps. I believe they will go BPA and that could be one of DE, DT, WR, or OT.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Off-season wish list.

Link Copied to Clipboard