Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

B
Legend
Legend
B
As for Mathis, it does seem somewhat rinky dink, but your posted tweet is somewhat redacted.

His right to drive was revoked 3 times and had several failure to appear citations which resulted in the revocations. He also continued to drive while revoked.

I admit this might not rise to the level one might think about when it is said to have a rap sheet, but in politics. and for bench positions, it is at minimum a red flag that should at least be considered.

This wouldn't be an issue of record had he dealt with the citations and paid the fines as you and I are expected.

It is what it is.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It’s driving violations. And it ain’t even DUI’s or reckless driving.

Stop it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's not the driving violations at all. It's what he did (or didn't do) afterwards that's a potential problem. Failure to appear, failure to pay a fine is at least a red flag and something that needs to be addressed for the job he's going for.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
His constituents are all the people in his district, Republican and Democrat. Since you made the assertion that he acted against the will of his constituents, what do you have to back that up?

I have this:

Overall, 60 percent of Americans say Trump bears either a “great deal” or a “good amount” of responsibility for the insurrection, but 72 percent of Republicans and 83 percent of Trump voters say he bears “just some” responsibility or “none at all.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/01/post-poll-january-6/

So the majority of Americans believe that he bears at least a good amount of responsibility. Hell, Kevin McCarthy said as much before he bent the knee. If Gonzo actions coincide with the majority, how did he ignore his constituents?

Furthermore, this was his response, ver batim:

“I like to think that no matter who is the perpetrator, whether it’s a foreign actor or domestic actor, if somebody is attacking the United States Congress, the President of the United States will step up and do everything to stop it and stop it immediately,” Gonzalez said after his impeachment vote. “Instead, we saw what amounted to escalation, indifference for a period of time and then a sort of ham-handed attempt at calming the situation that didn’t happen until hours into the insurrection.”

After his decision to retire, Gonzalez said he still believes his impeachment vote was “the right decision for the country” and its correctness will “become increasingly obvious” in future years. He also decried the increasingly shrill nature of both political parties, and said he believes “fewer and fewer people” are identifying with the loudest voices in each one. He has continued to vote in favor of efforts to hold Trump and his associates accountable for the insurrection, supporting the creation of a bipartisan commission to probe the riot, and voting to hold former Trump advisor Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena to testify before the January 6 committee.

“You cannot build a political movement around a person or a personality,” Gonzalez said of Republican allegiance to Trump. “People are fleeting and they’re flawed. The Republican Party needs to build itself on timeless conservative ideals, the ideals of of Abraham Lincoln of Ronald Reagan, that put the family at the center of society, that reduce the size of government, and promote freedom throughout society. That’s ultimately what I hope the Republican party gets back to, but this obsession over one individual, and blind loyalty to that one individual, it’s a dead end politically, but it’s also horribly toxic for the country.”

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2021...congress-members-say.html?outputType=amp

Not one thing he said was wrong.

He acted against his own career self-interests, not his constituents. Unfortunately, that’s what makes him stand apart from the Jim Jordans of the world and all the other people who have come to infect and corrupt the Republican Party. Doing the right thing is what caused his party - not his constituents - to oust him. Is that the democracy we want? Where someone doesn’t fall in line with a party - again, nothing to do with constituents - and they get censured and blacklisted. He didn’t fail his voters. He ticked off one man, who he was willing to stand up to against his own personal interests to preserve what this country was built for.

And that gives me a glimmer of hope.

Well I have this...

Republican Rep. John Katko, who voted to impeach Trump, not running for reelection
Katko becomes the third of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump last year not to run for reelection in November

Bye Bye, good luck in your new carrier.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You say bye bye to somebody who was willing to put principle over power. Just another who is ousted by the machine that has decided to flaunt our founding principles and create a king. Just another degradation of a party I was once a part of.

Please go ahead and cheer on your Gaetz, Greene, Boebert, and McCarthys.

The most successful form of radicalization throughout history are the forms where the radicalized don’t realize it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for pointing out just how blind Republicans are to what happened on Jan. 6th and how the party of personal responsibility now refuses to take any responsibility. Sometimes doing and saying the right thing isn't always the popular thing. As you have also pointed out, furthering Trump's lies and refusing to hold him accountable is the wrong thing but the popular thing among Republicans.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/14/22 03:51 PM.
Legend
Legend
You say bye bye to somebody who was willing to put principle over power. Just another who is ousted by the machine that has decided to flaunt our founding principles and create a king. Just another degradation of a party I was once a part of.

The most successful form of radicalization throughout history are the forms where the radicalized don’t realize it.

I say bye bye to someone who blew a very prestigious job by putting feelings before thinking.

And who decided it was more important to represent himself instead of those who voted him in for that job.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/14/22 03:52 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
I say bye bye to someone who blew a very prestigious job by putting feelings before thinking.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The most intelligent post you've made since your return.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

And who decided it was more important to represent himself instead of those who voted him in for that job.

That’s laughable. I put Gonzalez’ quote before you and you had nothing. I put my objective methodology before you and you had nothing. Please tell me how he put feelings before thinking.

Or is it just more nothing that you have?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It would fall on deaf ears as you have moved to far into the Leftist Bubble.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
dl05, you shouldn't waste your time on debating insurrectionists, bro. Their opinions don't matter. They just want to muddy the waters on every topic. They never shoot straight.

Looking forward to the hangings for sedition. It will be one Trumpian event worth watching.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/14/22 04:12 PM.
Legend
Legend
Do I smell smoke?

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
That's probably your soul burning.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Do I smell smoke?

It's coming from your ears.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
grin

P
Legend
Legend
P
It would fall on deaf ears as you have moved to far into the Leftist Bubble.

Well to you if you aren't a soldier for Trump's lies, you're too far left.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I don't think 40 actually understands just how crazy he sounds.. Bidding farewell to a man that stood his ground...... Held the line.. Didn't fold and kiss the rump of Trump.....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
You forgot to mention he didn't represent his constituents as he was elected to do.

Legend
Legend
You forgot to mention he didn't represent his constituents as he was elected to do.

DEFLECTING AGAIN... answer the damn question..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I reread your post and can still find no question. Perhaps you are deflecting?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Again, you have nothing to back this up.

Apparently I’ve moved to the leftist bubble. I’m not sure which one of my beliefs is leftist. I guess if facts make me leftist, then call me Bernie Sanders.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Again, you have nothing to back this up.

Apparently I’ve moved to the leftist bubble. I’m not sure which one of my beliefs is leftist. I guess if facts make me leftist, then call me Bernie Sanders.

Clearly you aren't really paying attention...The question was on a different thread..

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION... WAS THE 2020 ELECTION A FRAUD? NOW ANSWER

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I already answered that question in a different thread. No.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Why were you relying to me?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Because in his rage, he was yelling and cursing and messed up?

Legend
Legend
Tucker Carlson's Heartless Solution For The Homeless Enrages Twitter

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tucker-carlsons-heartless-solution-homeless-144240485.html

Imagine being raised as rich kid and having the audacity to say something like this. Never worked hard a day in his life. Guys like him commit suicide when they lose their money, go bankrupt, whatever because of finances. Homeless people still wake up everyday with the will to live, to survive. Regardless of how they got in that position.

I can’t stand tucker or the millions that follow this clown. Imagine the sense of entitlement they must have to make statements like this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: dawglover05
E
Legend
Legend
E
What's your solution for fixing the homeless problem?

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
What's your solution for fixing the homeless problem?

Not tuckers.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'll tell you what the solution is. There needs to be govt run institutions that rehab them. Get them off the drugs and treat their mental health and put them to work. It needs to be mandatory. If you're homeless you get picked up and put in a program. Some people will be success stories, some won't. But all of them will think twice about being homeless because they won't want to get picked up by the govt for treatment.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I'll tell you what the solution is. There needs to be govt run institutions that rehab them. Get them off the drugs and treat their mental health and put them to work. It needs to be mandatory. If you're homeless you get picked up and put in a program. Some people will be success stories, some won't. But all of them will think twice about being homeless because they won't want to get picked up by the govt for treatment.

Do you realize everything you just said is the complete opposite of what tucker said?

That’s a good start. We have to remember that a lot of homeless people are their because of addictions, mental health, domestic violence, and abandonment.

Society either forgets or likes to ignore that here in America, anywhere between 20-25% of homeless people are children. I’m trying to figure out how tucker expects kids to do what he stated.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Who said I agree with Tucker on this?

I saw his speech about it. His solution is to make your problem someone else's problem. That's not gonna work.

Neither is giving them free housing and expecting nothing in return.

The only people currently treating this problem effectively are missions (typically religious) and other rehab type charities. They are too small to help everybody. The govt needs to do it on a bigger scale.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I agree. But affordable housing is a good way to get people off the street. Statistically, section 8 housing is a 2 year wait list. That’s already tough. Then when even private businesses try to build affordable housing, city councils block them for zoning regulations AKA, we don’t want the poor in our area.

Imagine how many people we can get off the street simply by building barracks like apartments, where people can pay very low rent, have utilities in their name, and actually attach it to credit building.

The primary issue always getting in the way is the fact that the elites don’t want to fix the homeless/housing crisis. They don’t want a fix to the homelessness. They just want it out of their eye sight. They don’t care that people are homeless, only that it’s getting in the way of their daily routine. So we once again end up having government at every level spending tax payer money to hide the problem instead of fixing it.

It’s quite pathetic.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
These people dont have jobs. They are drug addicts and or mentally ill. They need to go to rehab before they can be expected to maintain some sort of job. They need to learn life skills. After that then they can have some sort of govt housing and job.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

NO,,, I want to hear you clearly articulate if Trump won or lost...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

NO,,, I want to hear you clearly articulate if Trump won or lost...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Just like reeducation centers, right, comrade? Or we could score for team decency, and make housing a guaranteed basic human right. Sure, it would be a financial blow to profiteering landlords and property hoarding corporations, but making sure everyone has acceptable shelter trumps that in my book.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I had a long statement on this in another thread. You have to balance the costs essentially. There will always be a “cost” so to speak. Tucker is just stirring his ignorant base and trolling, which is his MO, but let’s just hypothetically say you flat out cut off all benefits and resources. You’re going to have a lot more homeless people out there and a lot more people fall into homelessness. You’re going to have rising crime rates, damage and other “costs” that come with that. If the solution there is to throw them in jail, you’re actually increasing the costs because that requires a whole lot more infrastructure and expenses than people think. I suppose people like Mr. Carlson might just propose shooting them instead, but hopefully we as a society haven’t gotten to his level of detachment and demagoguery.

On the other extreme, you do take into account the human element, but it’s very possible and often so happens that blindly pumping cash into homeless and impoverished benefits leads to a poorer situation. It’s a cost to the legit tax payers and often times gets abused and mismanaged. It’s very legitimate for people to be concerned that they work hard for their money and don’t want to hand out free-be’s.

So to me, it’s balancing the cost and the human element. My wife actually has been part of a pretty innovative homeless outreach effort with a nonprofit she works for down here in Cincy. It’s not a perfect model, but it’s improving. They work closely with police so that they can deal with crises in areas where people are being housed. The overwhelming amount of homelessness involves mental health issues that often ties into narcotics usage and other problems. They are trained to be on the frontline, and it goes really well because the police don’t have to use as many of their resources and they know that when they get called in that “poop” must have gone south already. They don’t have to try to put on another hat where they haven’t been trained well.

Overall it’s a pretty decent construct. Trying to use effective resources to confront things like severe schitzophrenia, which is far more common than many think. Once that is dealt with, they try to line the people up with job resources and act as a liaison with multiple employers, so that people get back to the point where they are recontributing to society. Another thing they have set up is a payee program where the agency ends up receiving all of the government benefits on behalf of the client. They then pay for the essentials (rent, utilities, food, medication, debts, etc) before the person actually receives any leftover funds.

Like I said, it’s still evolving and improving but it’s goal is to achieve what I consider to be finding the sweet spot in cost management looking at things from the two lenses I described.

Tucker is just rabble rousing and has to keep up with his “let them eat cake” mantra, which is to be expected. Rarely does he ever say anything that has any substance to it, that actually goes beyond instilling fear, anger or obtuse doubt.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: oobernoober, Clemdawg
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans have become part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard