Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by eotab
Originally Posted by cfrs15
We were second in three or more open receivers.

I'm just curious stat boy, who had the most drops in the NFL???

I’m just curious rage boy, why would I help you do anything when you are that condescending???

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
We have 39 mill. What is the point in releasing landry?

Because we can spend his money elsewhere and roll over whatever extra we have. There are things we should be worried about, one of them should not be worrying about the cap with this front office.

WR is already a need. I'll never understand the strategy of making an area of focus even more of a challenge.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
... despite being near bottom of the league in passes attempted/game.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like on an overreaction that dak could be traded or released lol

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Well, I did the math and it adds up to 1 drop per 23.6 attempts (4.2%), and 1.3 drops per game.
That's using whatever NBC uses as a definition of a drop. I'd be willing to be that using what my eyes tells me is a drop
(which means absolutely nothing to anyone), the drop percentage would be higher.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
My eyeball test also told me that there were way more than 22 drops this year as well.

Hell - I think Hooper and OBJ dropped that many together.

1 member likes this: SK_99
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by jfanent

Well, I did the math and it adds up to 1 drop per 23.6 attempts (4.2%), and 1.3 drops per game.
That's using whatever NBC uses as a definition of a drop. I'd be willing to be that using what my eyes tells me is a drop
(which means absolutely nothing to anyone), the drop percentage would be higher.

I think you are correct. What the statisticians say is subjective, as are most stats.

To this day, 35 years after the fact, I still consider a pass I got in H.S. Crossing in the endzone. Ball was high - as in, crossbar high. That's 10 feet. I got 2 hands on it, but didn't bring it down. To me, that's a drop. (film verifies this, by the way) So, I don't know their - NBC's - criteria, but I know mine.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What a drop is, is subjective. What's not subjective is that whatever criteria they use to define a drop is the same for all 32 NFL teams.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't watch a ton of non-Browns football, so I do wonder if the Browns ranking for drops can move around. One aspect of "Bad-Baker" is his inability to deliver a ball in stride. You know he's off when his receivers are reaching down to their feet or way behind them to secure passes. I could see how subtle differences to defining a drop could skew our numbers and shift our ranking.

(Just thinking out loud)

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not saying it is but some throws are behind or low on purpose making the receiver the only one that can catch it. If the opinion is that Baker should have every pass hit the player in stride at the numbers then there's not a QB in the NFL that would qualify as the Browns QB. Passing is not single sided, the WR has the responsibility to make the tough catch for the QB when it's a little off target. Ask yourself, how make tough catches or in heavy traffic have the Browns WR's made the last 2-years? In the WR defense, when you're only seeing 3-5 targets a game it's almost impossible to develop any chemistry with your QB - just the facts!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
All teams were graded by the exact same criteria. If it worked that way for Baker it worked the same way for every NFL QB.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Someone mentioned cap above. Not sure if this was already considered part of our cap space or not, but we have $10.5m cap rollover.

The twitter social tag doesn't seem to be working for me, so here's the link:
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1483121093942591491

O
Legend
Legend
O
It's kinda crazy how we're still near the top despite being somewhat aggressive in FA (we're not spending like idiots, obviously; but we're also not being shy).

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E

I’m just curious rage boy, why would I help you do anything when you are that condescending???

1. so glad to see you recognize yourself as stat boy.
2. Condescending - yeah I do that to posters who themselves are condescending and just cannot get what they dish out. was it not you I just read in a thread you telling a poster that they DON'T KNOW HOW FA WORKS...so its ok when you do it.

You do serve a purpose ie stat boy. You made a claim and as I said I was curious how we stood in the realm of dropped passes which could solidify your opinion or not. So do we assume you took the route of ATTACKING me as a poster that it would not benefit your opinion. I thought you were a man with guts and might post the correct stats. but calling me condescending just was not how I thought you wou;d go. but nice to know the answer would help my opinion and hurt yours. Thanks for answering me anyways...lol Look you have taken the condescending position of late I have crowned you with utmost regard as STAT BOY a benefit to the board and my thanks go out to you for your prowess.

Good night Irene...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's kinda crazy how we're still near the top despite being somewhat aggressive in FA (we're not spending like idiots, obviously; but we're also not being shy).

I think some of that is a by product of the FA we signed last year - some were 1 year deals. That is good and bad, as it creates space but means we have to fill a hole. e.g. Clowney - whether we sign him or replace him, it's a big hole to fill. Interestingly the top of the first mock draft I just looked at has a ton of edge rushers as top picks.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

You're just unwilling to admit that we have the second most open WR's on pass plays and Baker simply can't find them. Your only excuse is "stat boy".

Frickin' hilarious! But you are not alone.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

I agree with mgh888, with a caveat - some of those one year deals were set up such that the signing bonuses extended into future years. Clowney I believe was one of those - so if we don't re-sign (maybe technically a restructure) him, we may have dead cap in future years to account for. Cap room will be more difficult after this next season. Both Baker and Denzel have one year left - if we keep both, that could be a lot of money. I'd think Denzel would be in the 14-18m/year range and who knows on Baker (not the $40m+ elite guys are getting, but $25-30m that Garoppolo, Ryan, Tannehill, Stafford, Carr... are getting (lower than that are journeymen like Dalton and Fitzpatrick and rookie deals)) that's likely $40m+ between the two of them. Are we really good with the cap? We're about to find out.

edit: for giggles I looked up Market value for both Denzel and Baker on spotrac. I was a little low for Denzel and low for Baker. I can't imagine we pay him 32m/year unless next season he plays like the last half of 2020
Denzel 18.7/year average for a 5 year deal
Baker 31.9/year average for a 5 year deal

Last edited by clwb419; 01/19/22 04:52 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E

Me posting with cfrs15...lol

Last edited by eotab; 01/20/22 11:10 AM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency 100 list

Link Copied to Clipboard