Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1920501 01/18/22 11:31 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
That’ll be it for him.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Stupid is as stupid does.

L
Legend
Legend
L
This is what I was saying, he's got talent, but he's not mentally all there. He won't be here next year

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
DT and WR are two extremely glaring needs (DT obviously was before this too)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Browns are the new old Bengals
Players getting arrested falling short of playoffs

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
He was on probation, probably means back to jail for him.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
See ya later.....

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, that was dumb.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm sure we can sign someone just as good in FA. Just another hole to fill.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I’ve been pretty drunk in my day, but never “walking near a school naked” drunk.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Where's the "shaking my head" icon when I need it?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I read an updated article with some details from the arrest report. McDowell did a number on the arresting officer (permanent eye damage was mentioned) after having his junk out near a school.

There's flushing your second chance down the drain, and then there's erasing any hope of a third.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This is the Browns fault particularly Baker and KS. Why? Because if we made the playoffs and were still playing this wouldn't have happened!! brownie

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/18/22 04:16 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I'm sure we can sign someone just as good in FA. Just another hole to fill.

I would have preferred to just keep Ogunjobi.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Cleveland Browns DT Malik McDowell arrested on charges of battery on police officer, resisting arrest, public exposure
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Email
11:54 AM ET
Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer
Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell was arrested Monday in Florida on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence and public exposure, according to an online record from the Broward Sheriff's Office.

According to the arrest report, McDowell beat a deputy in a "violent attack" that left the officer "dazed" and fearing a "permanent injury" to his right eye. McDowell is being held on a $27,000 bond, according to the online record.

"We are aware of the very concerning incident and arrest involving Malik McDowell and are in the process of gathering more information," a Browns spokesperson said in a statement. "We understand the severity of this matter and our thoughts are for the well-being of all involved. We will have no further comment at this time."

According to the incident report, police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, reported getting a call of a naked man walking near a school, later to be determined as a children's learning center that was in session. When confronted, McDowell charged at police "full speed with closed fist," according to the report, leaving a deputy injured. The officer said he was unable to avoid McDowell's attack or use any "de-escalation tactics." McDowell slammed into the officer and punched him in the right eye and on the top of the head, according to the report.

McDowell then fled, but eventually was shocked with a Taser and handcuffed. The officer said his right eye was nearly closed because of swelling from the punches he absorbed in the attack and there is a "likelihood that I sustained permanent injury to my eye.''

The Seattle Seahawks selected McDowell out of Michigan State in the second round of the 2017 NFL draft. But before his first season, he suffered a head injury in an ATV accident. He never played a down for Seattle, which released him before training camp the following summer.

In 2019, McDowell was charged in Michigan with driving while impaired, obstructing justice and assaulting a police officer. Video showed McDowell fighting with police even after they stunned him with a Taser following a DUI stop. Two months later, he was found in possession of a stolen truck, leading to another charge of receiving and concealing stolen property. He was sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years' probation after pleading guilty to the series of crimes.

The Browns gave McDowell a second chance at football last year, with Cleveland general manager Andrew Berry noting that McDowell had been "accountable for his actions" and was "in a good place, personally and medically."

McDowell went on to win a starting job at defensive tackle for the Browns this past season, finishing with 33 tackles and three sacks.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...officer-resisting-arrest-public-exposure

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Oh, crap. I confused Malik McDowell w/ Malik Jackson.

Damn....this is a huge blow. He had a really good season for us. He's gone, obviously, but this is a much larger hole to fill than I originally thought.

The interior defensive line becomes a massive need for us in FA and the draft.Malik Jackson is a FA and is 32 anyways, Jordan Elliott is still young and not yet proven to be anything special yet. Tommy Togai was a rookie and a late round pick.

If we lose Clowney coupled with Takk's injury, this DL overall is a major issue.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Hamfist
I’ve been pretty drunk in my day, but never “walking near a school naked” drunk.

I'm not certain this was a "drunk" thing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I think it certainly played a part, much like yourself I think it goes deeper than that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
It would be nice if national media, politicians, and local community leaders would issue a statement lauding the officers for showing admirable restraint while subduing a large, agitated, and threatening man without using their firearms.

1 member likes this: TrooperDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
He suffered a head injury in an ATV accident.

So, before the head injury, the way beyond inappropriate conduct did not exist. In wherever, they taught us about the "superego" as the part of your mind, that stops you from carring out those most base urges of behavior because you realize it's totally inappropriate.
But,
He suffered a head injury in an ATV accident. (Almost nobody should ever go to Florida, says Patton Oswalt, Comedian)

He was in Broward county Florida? Acting like someone who has no part of their mind that keeps them from doing that, or that it may come and go. And.
We're pretty much only One Weekend from the Browns' team last sense of game week stability.
So.
The Browns, can be appreciated for maybe some how some structure that pushed this (type) of incident to not happen during the season, and "Only He can be responsible for his actions" True, and
It's bad because this kind of terrible behavior didn't happen from him before He suffered the head injury in an ATV accident.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
It was probably a case of no time to act.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
They did act. They subdued and arrested him without shooting him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the browns first selection in the 2022 draft the Cleveland Browns select a Defensive tackle

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Goodbye Malik.

T
Legend
Legend
T
According to the incident report, police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, reported getting a call of a naked man walking near a school, later to be determined as a children's learning center that was in session. When confronted, McDowell charged at police "full speed with closed fist," according to the report, leaving a deputy injured. The officer said he was unable to avoid McDowell's attack or use any "de-escalation tactics." McDowell slammed into the officer and punched him in the right eye and on the top of the head, according to the report.

McDowell then fled, but eventually was shocked with a Taser and handcuffed. The officer said his right eye was nearly closed because of swelling from the punches he absorbed in the attack and there is a "likelihood that I sustained permanent injury to my eye.''
From the post originally posted by TTTDawg. now,
Dave,
It sounds like, the original officer to come upon McDowell, had no time to act.

E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Sad.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I wonder if he was asking for the supervisor. LOl

What a nut job?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
this guy
K2
Junior Seau

how many more, over the years?

I'm pretty sure that CTE is involved in the lion's share of these reports.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
wow.... crazy....

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
this guy
K2
Junior Seau

how many more, over the years?

I'm pretty sure that CTE is involved in the lion's share of these reports.

Aaron Hernandez and many more, even other sports beyond football....

People can judge and call people crazy and nut jobs and being evil ! I'll let that judgement be left to God. I don't judge because I accept mental disease as a reason why people don't always have control of their actions.

Mental issues and temptations from evil is a subject that I would rather leave to God , I know many of times being under the influence of alcohol or drugs wasn't the person I am when I'm not under that influence.

I also don't believe in prisons, I wish there were legit facilities where people can go and get the help they need by people who care and not by people who are there to collect a business check.

Meds can help people, it's just being able to keep them to stay on them.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Clearly by his actions this man needs help.

It is easy to ridicule or call him stupid but you don't have this pattern of behavior without problems.

Mental health is misunderstood.

Malik came back from a very deep hole to play this year. Then he turns around and repeats previous behavior.

It is a sad thing because now this man could be lost.

B
Legend
Legend
B
He probably is lost. Wandering around nude in front of children and attacking the first cop on the scene is a pretty good indicator.

I understand the concern, and am myself, but being a football forum, and from a Browns standpoint, cut him.

From the human interest side, the guy needs some help. He needs a in depth evaluation.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Over the past year I've been forced to look at the whole 'mental health conversation' a lot different than I would've in the past. The whole thing is really sad.

-He ruined his life, worked hard to come out the other side and lucked into a second chance... only to set it on fire. It's tragic
-The indicators were there for all to see. I don't know the steps taken to mitigate his issues, but if what we saw on how the NFL handled the whole CTE issue is any indicator then it's probably woefully inadequate.
-Along those lines, did we really just cut him loose for the offseason to manage himself?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His lawyer suggested he was drugged by someone. Sooo which is it?

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dave
It would be nice if national media, politicians, and local community leaders would issue a statement lauding the officers for showing admirable restraint while subduing a large, agitated, and threatening man without using their firearms.

So the national media should give them special attention because they did their job properly?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by BADdog
His lawyer suggested he was drugged by someone. Sooo which is it?
This would be best for us. He could beat it if this is what happened.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Someone slip him a mickey?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Malik McDowell Arrested

Link Copied to Clipboard