Posted By: Dawgs4Life Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 03:31 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1483459313511419909

Off-season is off to a good start
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 03:32 PM
That’ll be it for him.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 03:36 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 03:37 PM
This is what I was saying, he's got talent, but he's not mentally all there. He won't be here next year
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 04:11 PM
DT and WR are two extremely glaring needs (DT obviously was before this too)
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 04:16 PM
Browns are the new old Bengals
Players getting arrested falling short of playoffs
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 04:44 PM
He was on probation, probably means back to jail for him.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 04:50 PM
j/c...

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 05:13 PM
See ya later.....
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 05:25 PM
Well, that was dumb.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 06:18 PM
I'm sure we can sign someone just as good in FA. Just another hole to fill.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 06:22 PM
I’ve been pretty drunk in my day, but never “walking near a school naked” drunk.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 07:46 PM
Where's the "shaking my head" icon when I need it?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 07:59 PM
I read an updated article with some details from the arrest report. McDowell did a number on the arresting officer (permanent eye damage was mentioned) after having his junk out near a school.

There's flushing your second chance down the drain, and then there's erasing any hope of a third.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 08:15 PM
This is the Browns fault particularly Baker and KS. Why? Because if we made the playoffs and were still playing this wouldn't have happened!! brownie
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I'm sure we can sign someone just as good in FA. Just another hole to fill.

I would have preferred to just keep Ogunjobi.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 08:18 PM
Cleveland Browns DT Malik McDowell arrested on charges of battery on police officer, resisting arrest, public exposure
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Email
11:54 AM ET
Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer
Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell was arrested Monday in Florida on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence and public exposure, according to an online record from the Broward Sheriff's Office.

According to the arrest report, McDowell beat a deputy in a "violent attack" that left the officer "dazed" and fearing a "permanent injury" to his right eye. McDowell is being held on a $27,000 bond, according to the online record.

"We are aware of the very concerning incident and arrest involving Malik McDowell and are in the process of gathering more information," a Browns spokesperson said in a statement. "We understand the severity of this matter and our thoughts are for the well-being of all involved. We will have no further comment at this time."

According to the incident report, police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, reported getting a call of a naked man walking near a school, later to be determined as a children's learning center that was in session. When confronted, McDowell charged at police "full speed with closed fist," according to the report, leaving a deputy injured. The officer said he was unable to avoid McDowell's attack or use any "de-escalation tactics." McDowell slammed into the officer and punched him in the right eye and on the top of the head, according to the report.

McDowell then fled, but eventually was shocked with a Taser and handcuffed. The officer said his right eye was nearly closed because of swelling from the punches he absorbed in the attack and there is a "likelihood that I sustained permanent injury to my eye.''

The Seattle Seahawks selected McDowell out of Michigan State in the second round of the 2017 NFL draft. But before his first season, he suffered a head injury in an ATV accident. He never played a down for Seattle, which released him before training camp the following summer.

In 2019, McDowell was charged in Michigan with driving while impaired, obstructing justice and assaulting a police officer. Video showed McDowell fighting with police even after they stunned him with a Taser following a DUI stop. Two months later, he was found in possession of a stolen truck, leading to another charge of receiving and concealing stolen property. He was sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years' probation after pleading guilty to the series of crimes.

The Browns gave McDowell a second chance at football last year, with Cleveland general manager Andrew Berry noting that McDowell had been "accountable for his actions" and was "in a good place, personally and medically."

McDowell went on to win a starting job at defensive tackle for the Browns this past season, finishing with 33 tackles and three sacks.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...officer-resisting-arrest-public-exposure
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 08:21 PM
j/c:

Oh, crap. I confused Malik McDowell w/ Malik Jackson.

Damn....this is a huge blow. He had a really good season for us. He's gone, obviously, but this is a much larger hole to fill than I originally thought.

The interior defensive line becomes a massive need for us in FA and the draft.Malik Jackson is a FA and is 32 anyways, Jordan Elliott is still young and not yet proven to be anything special yet. Tommy Togai was a rookie and a late round pick.

If we lose Clowney coupled with Takk's injury, this DL overall is a major issue.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hamfist
I’ve been pretty drunk in my day, but never “walking near a school naked” drunk.

I'm not certain this was a "drunk" thing.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 08:51 PM
While I think it certainly played a part, much like yourself I think it goes deeper than that.
Posted By: Dave Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 09:34 PM
It would be nice if national media, politicians, and local community leaders would issue a statement lauding the officers for showing admirable restraint while subduing a large, agitated, and threatening man without using their firearms.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 09:35 PM
He suffered a head injury in an ATV accident.

So, before the head injury, the way beyond inappropriate conduct did not exist. In wherever, they taught us about the "superego" as the part of your mind, that stops you from carring out those most base urges of behavior because you realize it's totally inappropriate.
But,
He suffered a head injury in an ATV accident. (Almost nobody should ever go to Florida, says Patton Oswalt, Comedian)

He was in Broward county Florida? Acting like someone who has no part of their mind that keeps them from doing that, or that it may come and go. And.
We're pretty much only One Weekend from the Browns' team last sense of game week stability.
So.
The Browns, can be appreciated for maybe some how some structure that pushed this (type) of incident to not happen during the season, and "Only He can be responsible for his actions" True, and
It's bad because this kind of terrible behavior didn't happen from him before He suffered the head injury in an ATV accident.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 09:44 PM
It was probably a case of no time to act.
Posted By: Dave Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 09:47 PM
They did act. They subdued and arrested him without shooting him.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 10:08 PM
With the browns first selection in the 2022 draft the Cleveland Browns select a Defensive tackle
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 10:34 PM
Goodbye Malik.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/18/22 11:56 PM
According to the incident report, police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, reported getting a call of a naked man walking near a school, later to be determined as a children's learning center that was in session. When confronted, McDowell charged at police "full speed with closed fist," according to the report, leaving a deputy injured. The officer said he was unable to avoid McDowell's attack or use any "de-escalation tactics." McDowell slammed into the officer and punched him in the right eye and on the top of the head, according to the report.

McDowell then fled, but eventually was shocked with a Taser and handcuffed. The officer said his right eye was nearly closed because of swelling from the punches he absorbed in the attack and there is a "likelihood that I sustained permanent injury to my eye.''
From the post originally posted by TTTDawg. now,
Dave,
It sounds like, the original officer to come upon McDowell, had no time to act.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 12:18 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brow...lorida-public-exposure-attacking-officer
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 01:17 AM
Sad.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 01:31 AM
I wonder if he was asking for the supervisor. LOl

What a nut job?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 01:40 AM
this guy
K2
Junior Seau

how many more, over the years?

I'm pretty sure that CTE is involved in the lion's share of these reports.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 01:57 AM
wow.... crazy....
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
this guy
K2
Junior Seau

how many more, over the years?

I'm pretty sure that CTE is involved in the lion's share of these reports.

Aaron Hernandez and many more, even other sports beyond football....

People can judge and call people crazy and nut jobs and being evil ! I'll let that judgement be left to God. I don't judge because I accept mental disease as a reason why people don't always have control of their actions.

Mental issues and temptations from evil is a subject that I would rather leave to God , I know many of times being under the influence of alcohol or drugs wasn't the person I am when I'm not under that influence.

I also don't believe in prisons, I wish there were legit facilities where people can go and get the help they need by people who care and not by people who are there to collect a business check.

Meds can help people, it's just being able to keep them to stay on them.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 12:26 PM
Clearly by his actions this man needs help.

It is easy to ridicule or call him stupid but you don't have this pattern of behavior without problems.

Mental health is misunderstood.

Malik came back from a very deep hole to play this year. Then he turns around and repeats previous behavior.

It is a sad thing because now this man could be lost.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 12:39 PM
He probably is lost. Wandering around nude in front of children and attacking the first cop on the scene is a pretty good indicator.

I understand the concern, and am myself, but being a football forum, and from a Browns standpoint, cut him.

From the human interest side, the guy needs some help. He needs a in depth evaluation.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 01:41 PM
Over the past year I've been forced to look at the whole 'mental health conversation' a lot different than I would've in the past. The whole thing is really sad.

-He ruined his life, worked hard to come out the other side and lucked into a second chance... only to set it on fire. It's tragic
-The indicators were there for all to see. I don't know the steps taken to mitigate his issues, but if what we saw on how the NFL handled the whole CTE issue is any indicator then it's probably woefully inadequate.
-Along those lines, did we really just cut him loose for the offseason to manage himself?
Posted By: BADdog Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 02:00 PM
His lawyer suggested he was drugged by someone. Sooo which is it?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
It would be nice if national media, politicians, and local community leaders would issue a statement lauding the officers for showing admirable restraint while subduing a large, agitated, and threatening man without using their firearms.

So the national media should give them special attention because they did their job properly?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by BADdog
His lawyer suggested he was drugged by someone. Sooo which is it?
This would be best for us. He could beat it if this is what happened.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 03:50 PM
Someone slip him a mickey?
Posted By: Dave Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

So the national media should give them special attention because they did their job properly?

Given the lack of trust in the black community towards LEO's, I think it should be acknowledged, yes. It might be viewed as a fart in a blizzard, but reporting on a positive development might help - even if only a little bit - to heal the rift.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 04:36 PM
Right now all we really know is the report.

Drugs provided by doctors prescriptions can be a major problems. You can take a pill for say high blood pressure. Yes it is important to read possible side effects.

Depression is a very common mental health problem. However, prescription drugs issued by doctors are more trial and error than accurate.

They experiment on you trying to dial in the proper dose. My brother has delt with depression for years. It is a difficult problem to deal with.

I am sure Malik is on some kind of meds. I can not say that it was the cause of this incident.

I am sure that over time more information will come out. He didn't just decide I am going to run around naked and then punch out an officer.

This man needs help. And he needs to be monitored to make sure he is ok.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 04:42 PM
The lawyer was suggesting he was slipped something.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 04:59 PM

Assuming the officer isn't a 300'ish lb professional athlete... yep, pretty much.
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 05:29 PM

I'm a cop. Guys like McDowell are a nightmare scenario when they start running around naked and threatening to fight. Tasers don't always work. He's charging at you. What's next? How fast can he run twenty or thirty feet? That's all the time you have left. And if he gets you he gets your gun. Ever fight someone that big, who probably isn't feeling pain like a mere mortal, and is not by any measure in their right mind? I have and he was in nowhere near NFL shape and I can tell you it is about as close to dying as it gets for most cops. He was alternating between ripping at my holster and pounding me in the face. I went all Pepe Le Pew on him with my OC spray, blinding us both in the process, but it winded him enough that I could get him into cuffs mostly because I sprayed it in his mouth. Against a pro athlete like McDowel I would not have been able to do that.

It's always a good day when someone obviously in some form of distress doesn't wind up getting shot in the process. Never hurts to slip an officer a donut and a pat on the back for doing things right.

I hope McDowell gets whatever is happening with him sorted out. He needs some professional help. Fortunately he has the resources to get it which is more than I can say for most folks who wind up in that situation.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 06:01 PM
Any time a perp goes after your gun I don't think an officer is wrong in shooting someone. This officer was not alone. I admire any cop who does the right thing. But doing the right things is what he or she is getting paid to do. It's their job. The sad part is dealing with the mentally ill isn't something they're actually equipped to deal with and for that part of it, I'm sad and feel sorry for you and every cop who is now saddled with having to deal with that while having not been given the training to do so.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 06:01 PM

I would argue that getting your eye beat in isn't doing your job properly.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 06:03 PM
Yeah, killing someone is better than taking a shot to the eye. Your post is what it looks like when life no longer has meaning. Depending on whose life it is.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 06:20 PM
j/c...

TMZ released the video of McDowell.

There is video of him in a gym talking with people and acting completely normal just an hour before the incident. The next video he's lying in the middle of a busy road naked before following the police into the parking lot.
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

There is video of him in a gym talking with people and acting completely normal just an hour before the incident. The next video he's lying in the middle of a busy road naked before following the police into the parking lot.

I hope they did blood work on him at the ER. It's completely out of character, even considering his previous arrest where he was drunker than William Holden on a ten day bender. I'm betting the charges on this one get dropped.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 06:33 PM
You have to apply logic to all this.

Malik has serious mental health issues. We are not doctors.

The police did what they could do. This is beyond speculation.

When you have a history like he does and one minute you are fine and the next you go off the edge.

I hope he gets the help he needs. This is no picnic for this guy.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 07:01 PM
My prayers go out to Malik. From what I hear he is a good guy when his mind is right. BUt his mind is not right all the time. Not sure if he has mental problems, or CTE but his mind is not right. I will continue to pray for him and his family, but I think his NFL career is over.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by jeepnstein
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

I hope they did blood work on him at the ER. It's completely out of character, even considering his previous arrest where he was drunker than William Holden on a ten day bender. I'm betting the charges on this one get dropped.

Wow. A William Holden reference? That’s old school, man.

On a serious note, I hope Malik gets the help he needs. If he is thinking clearly right now, he must feel miserable.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 07:57 PM
j/c:

Posted By: GMdawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 08:03 PM
NFL career = toast.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 09:12 PM
Yeah, killing someone is better than taking a shot to the eye. Your post is what it looks like when life no longer has meaning. Depending on whose life it is.
The post he responded to could be taken the same way.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by GMdawg
NFL career = toast.

Just like Deshaun Watson's.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/19/22 11:32 PM

Right...I suppose you are going to be standing there with open arm when a large, naked man starts to charge you.

Your post verifies you don't have a clue.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Right...I suppose you are going to be standing there with open arm when a large, naked man starts to charge you.

Yet both the officer as well as Malik are alive today. And I'm the one who doesn't have a clue? Under your scenario one of them would have been dead. It's sad you do not support the actions of this officer when he actually did the right thing.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The post he responded to could be taken the same way.

rofl

That would be a reach of epic proportions. The officer and suspect both lived. That's not about anyone dying.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 06:24 PM
Officer subdues someone (his job) who's orders of magnitude more in terms of size, strength, and crazy... without using his gun (his primary advantage in the situation), while picking up potentially permanent eye injuring from the beating he took. And your response is "big deal, he just did his job". Not a reach, IMO. It's either the officer's life has no meaning to you, or you're just a keyboard warrior.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 06:37 PM
Words like "potential" play quite a role in spreading hyperbole. Getting hit in the eye. Can you tell me the odds of dying from that? And once again your hyperbole of me saying "big deal" and even putting it in quotes. Something I never said. Once again, you keep reaching. Who is it trying to play keyboard commando again?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 06:49 PM
I am glad it worked out the way it did, in that nobody died, but I would not have blamed the officer if he used a, shall we say, “tougher, more deadly approach”.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 06:50 PM
I understand that common sense sometimes isn't enough sometimes, but you have actual police officers commenting above in regards to handling these types of situations. You have a professional athlete pushing 400 lbs charging you that's clearly not right in the head... and using the accurate term of "potential eye injury" is hyperbole? You bring up hyperbole, and then say "Getting hit in the eye. Can you tell me the odds of dying from that?" If you tell me you're just trolling me to get a rise out of people, then I'll take the 'L'.

I paraphrased what you said, which should be pretty clear, but alright.... Tell me what you meant when you said "So the national media should give them special attention because they did their job properly?", and how it was so different from how I paraphrased it?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 07:19 PM
It's very different but of course you know that already. The reality of the situation is that tens of thousands of cops do the right thing on a daily basis. If we gave everyone of them national attention there would be no room for any other stories. We would have thousands upon thousands of stories like that. I think you knew that already too. Cops perform heroic deeds and act in heroic ways every day.

This cop handled it the right way. As such both are alive to talk about this very day. That's the exact same thing cops do across our nation every day. They do deserve recognition for that. That is the job they signed up for and I'm glad they did.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 09:46 PM

Yet both the officer as well as Malik are alive today. And I'm the one who doesn't have a clue? Under your scenario one of them would have been dead. It's sad you do not support the actions of this officer when he actually did the right thing.

I never said anything about anyone dying. I just find if clueless that you think the cop just did his job by getting punched in the face. I don't see it that way at all. But, now we are getting off football.

McDowell needs to be cut....or not signed again. The guy has problems and we need to walk away from that.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 10:21 PM
Words like "potential" play quite a role in spreading hyperbole. Getting hit in the eye. Can you tell me the odds of dying from that? And once again your hyperbole of me saying "big deal" and even putting it in quotes. Something I never said. Once again, you keep reaching. Who is it trying to play keyboard commando again?

You're the one using hyperbole. Threat of "great bodily injury" is justification for use of deadly force. This case most certainly met the definition. The officer should be recognized for exercising restraint.

“great bodily injury” is defined as a significant or substantial physical injury, and would include serious bruising or wounds, concussion, broken bones, and other serious injuries."
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/20/22 10:53 PM
Again, keep in mind who you are discussing with. There's not a thread that doesn't have him posting in it, and there's not a single thread where he won't change the goalposts to suit him.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 01:45 AM
Back on the topic. It's possible that Malik was either slipped something or has some mental issues, or (obviously) both. If he had never done anything like this before, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He probably smoked something or drank something that had something in it that he didn't know about. - For that, I'm sympathetic. However, He's very, very, lucky that the police officer showed restraint - the officer would have had every right to use force against him and in a well-run state like Florida, would have been fully exonerated. I'm sure Malik is looking at some time not only for being naked in public, but also for assaulting a police officer. As for his NFL career, agreed, it's over with. I'm sympathetic because if he was indeed slipped something, I can't imagine what it's like waking up to a nightmare like this.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 01:59 AM
I wish we knew the exact time of day this happened.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 02:07 AM
I wonder if he took bath salts. That ish will make you flip out.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Back on the topic. It's possible that Malik was either slipped something or has some mental issues, or (obviously) both. If he had never done anything like this before, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He probably smoked something or drank something that had something in it that he didn't know about. - For that, I'm sympathetic. However, He's very, very, lucky that the police officer showed restraint - the officer would have had every right to use force against him and in a well-run state like Florida, would have been fully exonerated. I'm sure Malik is looking at some time not only for being naked in public, but also for assaulting a police officer. As for his NFL career, agreed, it's over with. I'm sympathetic because if he was indeed slipped something, I can't imagine what it's like waking up to a nightmare like this.

Maybe he was slipped something. Maybe he wasn't. As for actions, he does have a history of bizarre behavior and attacking police officers. Obviously, he does have some sort of mental problem. What that might be, I am not qualified to make a guess. What is known is the guy doesn't need to be out in public until someone determines what it is and if it can be controlled.

As is, the guy is a menace to society.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 12:45 PM
My guess on McDowell is he will be evaluated by doctors.

Hopefully when he was arrested blood samples were taken. I doubt that he was slipped something. But they may be able to determine that there are other causes.

Obviously, you do not go through what Malik has and suddenly run naked and assualt an officer. Something is wrong.

If it is determined that he can be treated, monitored and live a normal life perhaps he could resume his football career.

All that needs to be determined by professionals.

I wish him well and hope he can at least get the help he needs.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
My guess on McDowell is he will be evaluated by doctors.

Hopefully when he was arrested blood samples were taken. I doubt that he was slipped something. But they may be able to determine that there are other causes.

Obviously, you do not go through what Malik has and suddenly run naked and assualt an officer. Something is wrong.

If it is determined that he can be treated, monitored and live a normal life perhaps he could resume his football career.

All that needs to be determined by professionals.

I wish him well and hope he can at least get the help he needs.

I agree though the thought of him playing football looks pretty slim to me. Determining what might be wrong is a process that will take more than a few months. He has already missed time, but as you said, the guy needs help.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 01:16 PM
Here is the thing.

No matter what he does for work in the future be it football or any other profession.

His mental health will need to be monitored. Most likely this will be apart of his life going forward.

I don't know from that standpoint if football is any more of a problem than doing any job.

If he can be treated effectively. He should not be denied the opportunity to play football and earn a living.

He had a serious ATV accident. He could be suffering from the results of that. I don't know. He was cleared to play football.

Takk had issues as well. The NFLPA will be involved as well as a medical prefessionals.

I wish him well.
Posted By: Dave Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 01:24 PM
There is the matter of the injured - possibly permanently disabled - policeman. McDowell will most likely spend time behind bars in the near term.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 02:07 PM
Possible not.

It all would depend upon if there were causes outside of his control for that caused his behavior.
Posted By: Dave Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 03:22 PM
I'm not an attorney, but I don't think "they slipped me a mickey" is going to work as a defense.
Posted By: FATE Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't think there is any way someone is getting away with charging, attacking and beating an officer.

Who knows though, there may be certain places in this country where you get a gift basket and some free meals.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:15 PM
Like i said i don't believe that anyone slipped him something.

Blood test may show other reasons. We don't know what meds he is taking?

What side effects those meds may cause? What the doctors reports were on his medical condition? I am sure he was evaluated by the Browns.

So maybe over time more information will come out?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Possible not.

It all would depend upon if there were causes outside of his control for that caused his behavior.

I dunno. I was in this guy's corner as far as rooting for him to turn things around for himself and loving what he was saying from his PCs. And maybe there are elements to the charges that were out of his control (like being slipped something), but I think for the FO it comes down to the fact that he made it like 5 minutes into the off-season and ended up in cuffs (w/o clothes on, to boot). I don't think an argument to bring him back next year to get around the fact that he can't be left alone for a second or something bad is going to happen.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Again, keep in mind who you are discussing with. There's not a thread that doesn't have him posting in it, and there's not a single thread where he won't change the goalposts to suit him.

And there's rarely a post you make anymore that isn't stalking me. Such a brave little man you are. Lurking around to make personal attacks. Do you actually have anything to add to the content of the post? I didn't think so.

BTW- Dawgtalkers, obviously the job is still open.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:40 PM
rofl

Where would that be? At Mia Largo?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:41 PM
Sadly, I think this is about what will happen.

The thing is, the FO doesn't have to do, or say, anything. They'll do their due diligence in finding out exactly what happened as best they can, and I have little doubt that they will have their own security types investigate (remember, the guy that at one time headed up our security department there was a former Head of the Secret Service, or something. They know how to look into things, and they know people).
IF they feel he was done wrong, you will see stories begin to float in the press to repair his character a bit, then you'd see a new signing. Also probably another one-year thing.
If, however, they see anything that suggests it was his own bad choices, then they don't have to say anything. They just have to stop answering his agent's calls because he is no longer a Cleveland Browns employee when the current league year ends. Persona non grata with an expired contract.

I was rooting SOOO MUCH for this guy, but it just likely won't work out. It was definitely a worthwhile gamble, however, and it worked out for the one season, at least.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 04:44 PM
The current head of security was an FBI Special Agent for 27 years, and the Manager of Berea Security was a Shaker Heights cop for 27 years.
They won't have ANY problems getting the REAL story or getting access to people, statements, etc....
Posted By: FATE Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 05:30 PM
rofl

Where would that be? At Mia Largo?
I thought you lived in Smeer-nuh?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg

I suppose at least he wasn’t eating anyone’s face.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 07:05 PM
I thought you had some game. I was wrong.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 08:50 PM

And there's rarely a post you make anymore that isn't stalking me. Such a brave little man you are. Lurking around to make personal attacks. Do you actually have anything to add to the content of the post? I didn't think so.

BTW- Dawgtalkers, obviously the job is still open.

So you agree, nothing I said is wrong, correct?
Posted By: FATE Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/21/22 09:09 PM
Well thanks for at least thinking that for a moment, buddy. I guess there's still hope for me after all.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/22/22 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg

I was thinking the same thing. Or perhaps it was marijuana laced with PCP?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/22/22 04:17 PM

Being a stalker is never right. And the things you stated are wrong too. I do not post in every thread. And even if I did, why do you care? You conduct yourself as nothing more than a human mosquito.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/22/22 05:04 PM
Seriously, it is kind of annoying to log on at the end of the day to find just about every active thread has devolved into you having a pissing match with someone.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/22/22 05:07 PM
I'm sorry you feel conformity is a better alternative.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 12:41 AM
Better than looking foolish because you continue a losing deal. Just give it up.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 03:37 PM
If "giving up" is a path you wish to walk in life, you won't see me joining you.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 03:45 PM
So you're aggressively wrong. Good for you.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 04:10 PM
So you're aggressively wrong. Good for you.

It's very different but of course you know that already. The reality of the situation is that tens of thousands of cops do the right thing on a daily basis. If we gave everyone of them national attention there would be no room for any other stories. We would have thousands upon thousands of stories like that. I think you knew that already too. Cops perform heroic deeds and act in heroic ways every day.

This cop handled it the right way. As such both are alive to talk about this very day. That's the exact same thing cops do across our nation every day. They do deserve recognition for that. That is the job they signed up for and I'm glad they did.

For all of the mindless bluster some of you are throwing around, can you explain what's so "aggressively wrong" about that?

140 Capital police officers were injured on Jan. 6th. One person was killed. I bet if you ask most of them if they consider themselves heroes they would tell you they were just doing their jobs. Somehow in all of this, you believe a single cop doing his job properly deserves national attention? If so, then tens of thousands of others do to, daily.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 06:17 PM

Being a stalker is never right. And the things you stated are wrong too. I do not post in every thread. And even if I did, why do you care? You conduct yourself as nothing more than a human mosquito.

Seriously, there is literally no one else on here that stalks the same posters on here more than you. That fact you reference stalking in your signature is the joke everyone sees but you.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 06:19 PM
I'm glad you think you have the power to speak for everyone. But then again you really don't do you? Of course not. You may not like that I take on and disagree with other posters. But I do discuss the topics. arch doesn't. He only plays the stalker. Get a clue.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 07:07 PM
You may not like that I take on and disagree with other posters. But I do discuss the topics. arch doesn't.

Yeah, that's it. rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/23/22 07:09 PM
It's about time you get it.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/24/22 02:09 PM
jfan posted about you arguing with a different person in almost every active thread on the board (except for the OCD vs Eve thread in PP... I'm sure everyone is giving that one a wide berth), and you tried to hit back about conformity.

Nice try, though.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/24/22 04:47 PM
Good luck to you guys. If I disagree I'm going to say so. No amount of BS from a handful of you is going to change anything. And yes, going along with the crowd and the go along to get along things are both nothing but conformity.

behavior in accordance with socially accepted conventions or standards.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/25/22 09:33 PM
If I disagree I'm going to say so. No amount of BS from a handful of you is going to change anything.....

For a second there, I thought Versatile Dog started posting again.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/26/22 03:03 PM
Lol !
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/26/22 04:18 PM
That's what happens when you limit your thoughts to a second. Think deeper.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/26/22 04:56 PM
That's what happens when you limit your thoughts to a second. Think deeper.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/26/22 05:55 PM
Awe... you have a meme. People use those to replace having any original thoughts of their own. Try again Karen.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/27/22 01:30 AM

Depends on how drunk I am, I suppose. Is he smiling?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/27/22 01:36 AM
Browns' Malik McDowell 'doesn't remember ANYTHING' from his arrest for attacking a cop and wandering outside a preschool naked: 'I'm hoping they figure out he had been drugged', says his high school coach

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-bizarre-naked-arrest-says-ex-coach.html

It would be great if they could prove he was drugged or had some sort of CTE related incident. I'd like to see him back. But if he can't prove something happened out of his control, he's done.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/27/22 01:42 PM
Even if it comes out that he was drugged, I'd still be surprised to see him back with Browns (or in the NFL).
Posted By: atgolds Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/27/22 01:46 PM
Lets hope he doesn't. We can also hope the other one goes wherever he went. They both cry more than my 4 month old grandson.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/27/22 02:47 PM
Even if it comes out that he was drugged, I'd still be surprised to see him back with Browns (or in the NFL).

If he was drugged and they can determine so to at least a high degree of probability, if not completely, then I'd expect we, or another team, will float him a NFL-minimum 1-year deal with escalators in late summer.
For the record, if they can get to reasonable level of assurance that he wasn't responsible for ending up in that state, I'm all for it, but I would also require he get some serious life-coaching, or something. Be forced to cut ties with all his "buddies" from his past.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/27/22 06:53 PM
He worked out just an hour before and was completely normal. It had to be some sort of drug or a mental issue. Hopefully he's not just nuts. And if it's CTE, he's done with football and has a rough road ahead.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Malik McDowell Arrested - 01/28/22 02:05 AM
It is a crazy enough story just to be true.
© DawgTalkers.net