Wow... zona sucks....

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Arizona's first possession across midfield and halfway through the 3rd quarter?!? This is like the Doug Pederson led Browns in 2000.

I'm holding out hope the over hits (49.5) in some garbage time.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Arizona's first possession across midfield and halfway through the 3rd quarter?!? This is like the Doug Pederson led Browns in 2000.

not sure even in garbage time you'll get to the over... zone hasn't been able to do squat.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
j/c...

not sure even in garbage time you'll get to the over... zone hasn't been able to do squat.

maybe I'm wrong... 36... only need two more TDs...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Glass half-full. Pick sixes! tongue

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Oh.

Legend
Legend
it was a nice pass

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
10.5 from the over...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Damn how come we can’t have WR like OBJ on this team?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: PitDAWG, DaveyD
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
j/c...

Oh.

I remember when we used to have fun with those plays.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
Legend
Legend
C
AJ Green left Cincinnati at the exact wrong time.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Brutal game to watch. Make Murray throw from the pocket.

Gross.

C
Legend
Legend
C
j/c...

Gross.

The weird part is that he used to be good from the pocket. Something about him is broken. He seems way more skittish.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
j/c...

Gross.

The weird part is that he used to be good from the pocket. Something about him is broken. He seems way more skittish.

He was tap dancing like Danny Kaye (movie reference)!

M
Legend
Legend
M
10.5 from the over...

No bueno, Jaybird. No bueno.

Legend
Legend
j/c...

Gross.

And you would still take him over Baker.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

Gross.

And you would still take him over Baker.

I'd take a broken Kyler who can use his legs to help the team over a broken Baker. Yes.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd take a broken Kyler who can use his legs to help the team over a broken Baker. Yes.
The entire world is stunned.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
When Arizona came here a few months ago they looked unstoppable. Since then, they’ve looked largely BAD

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
They came out this season looking unstoppable. Over the past six weeks of the season they fell apart.

j/c

I'm glad someone has shown how to use OBJ. Thank God his career didn't end in Cleveland like it easily could have. And people wonder why he wanted the hell out of town.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Most likely, OBJ failed here because of the scheme and a QB who couldn't get him the ball because of that scheme. Why is it the Rams have had no trouble incorporating OBJ into their system with very little practice. OBJ is still a good receiver and is proving he is far from finished.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well to hear it said, he never runs the right routes, is selfish and a diva. It seems obvious that Landry does not share that view. But I mean you know, what would his team mate know? I'm not quite sure how a scheme prevents the QB from finding open WR's.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Lost in all the inane babble is that OBJ went from being the main pass-catcher DC's gameplanned against to being 2nd-3rd option in LA. I think his numbers bear that out, more than anything (much fewer yards and targets, but more big plays/scoring plays).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
With the current injuries, some consider him the #2 WR for the Rams. Last night on the broadcast they referred to Kupp as 1A and OBJ as 1B.

I don't think it was that much different here with having OBJ and Landry on the roster as it pertains to pretty much dual roles in which WR was most concerning to opposing defenses.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
You don't see the difference in playing with Landry vs Cooper Kupp (especially this year)?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I see is that the case can be made in both situations that the opposing defenses could have seen Landry as our #1 WR the same way they see Kupp as the #1 WR in L.A. OBJ may not have been the primary focus of opponents defenses which is continually alleged on those board. That would make OBJ #2 on both teams.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
What I see is that the case can be made in both situations that the opposing defenses could have seen Landry as our #1 WR the same way they see Kupp as the #1 WR in L.A. OBJ may not have been the primary focus of opponents defenses which is continually alleged on those board. That would make OBJ #2 on both teams.

Holy cow are you reaching, comparing Kupp to Landry and that the situations were similar when playing with OBJ. It was obvious that the Cards were playing to not let Kupp beat them. We were counting on OBJ to the #1 here. He found a niche in LA that suits him perfectly, a niche that is as opposite to his situation here as night is to day.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
DC's stats on another thread show that OBJ's production and targets per game are virtually the same in LA as here. The only difference is the TD's - and those TD's are off short plays generally. There is one 54 yard TD - the rest are under 6 or 7 yards I think.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Here they are. Additional info below is from Memphis.

Targets ................. CLE 5.7 .... LA 5.8
Receptions ............ CLE 2.8 .... LA 3.4
Yards .................... CLE 38.7 .. LA 39.9
Yards per target ..... CLE 6.5 .... LA 6.7
Rushes ................. CLE .3 ...... LA 0
Rushing Yards ........ CLE 2.3 .... LA 0

Here are the plays where Odell caught a TD since being traded to LA:

4 yards
7 yards
7 yards
2 yards
1 yard
54 yards

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Pretty amazing what OBJ can do with a Tier 1 QB.

....and a better receiver on the other side getting the double teams.

And a desire to make a team better and not just looking out for himself.

Legend
Legend

Holy cow are you reaching, comparing Kupp to Landry and that the situations were similar when playing with OBJ. It was obvious that the Cards were playing to not let Kupp beat them. We were counting on OBJ to the #1 here. He found a niche in LA that suits him perfectly, a niche that is as opposite to his situation here as night is to day.
If I'm a DC playing the Browns, I'm not looking at any of our WRs (before or after OBJ) the way you look at a legit #1.. I'm not rolling coverage in any direction on a consistent basis to help with any of our WRs.. I'm using the safeties to crash down and stop the run

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c...

Gross.

He was tap dancing like Danny Kaye (movie reference)!

You forgot the middle name

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
My eyes told me OBJ was getting quite a bit of attention from defenses. Maybe not to the level he should've (and we weren't making them pay).

Pit,
I'll say it a little more clearly. Landry and Kupp are on totally different levels, in terms of their impact on their offenses. Maybe if Landry was at his best and healthiest... then maybe. OBJ was the guy drawing the most attention (from the secondary) in our offense, and now he's no better than a distant #2 in LA (that offense still runs through Kupp, and will so long as he's having the type of record-breaking numbers he's been having).

... and for context... while I wish OBJ would've been less of a turd for us (allegedly asking for a trade coming off 11-5 is not a good look), I actually don't harbor a ton of ill will. He's a big name WR, and some offenses just aren't going to work for him. Some guys have earned the right to pick where they play, and he's one of them. The reason I think this is because of the parallels between his situation and Diggs in Minny. OBJ is probably wondering how much longer he has in the league and wants to make the most of it. I can't fault him for that, especially when he was such a willing blocker in the run game, and was reportedly really really good in the locker room. I can fault him for his attitude behind the scenes and his exit strategy, but I think in the grand scheme of things that will turn out to be relatively minor in the whole situation.

TLDR: it is what it is

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did any one see Bens pregame presser? He literally said they are not a good team, should probably not be in the playoffs and probably wont win. Wow
Google ........ Steelers Press Conference (Jan. 12): Ben Roethlisberger | Pittsburgh Steelers
The link wont play here

Last edited by BADdog; 01/19/22 10:18 AM.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P

For the most part the Cards were playing zone defense. Where they play an area and not a WR man on man. Your mistake here is obvious. First, why the Browns brought OBJ here has nothing to do with how opposing defenses saw and or covered the Browns WR's. Most NFL defenses only double cover one WR. There's simply not enough players on defense to double cover two WR's. So whether it was Landry or OBJ that drew that double coverage all depends on who your opponent sees as the biggest threat. All one has to do is look at which of our WR's had by far the most receptions and receiving yards to see that Landry was the biggest WR threat on this team and it's not even close.

So no, I'm not comparing Cooper Kupp to Landry. I'm saying it would be easy, very easy to see why our opponents would consider Landry the biggest WR threat on the Browns and if anyone was being covered and treated as our #1 WR, it would be him. As a matter of fact, if they didn't consider him our #1 WR they would be foolish.

But thanks for playing.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Here they are. Additional info below is from Memphis.

Targets ................. CLE 5.7 .... LA 5.8
Receptions ............ CLE 2.8 .... LA 3.4
Yards .................... CLE 38.7 .. LA 39.9
Yards per target ..... CLE 6.5 .... LA 6.7
Rushes ................. CLE .3 ...... LA 0
Rushing Yards ........ CLE 2.3 .... LA 0

Here are the plays where Odell caught a TD since being traded to LA:

4 yards
7 yards
7 yards
2 yards
1 yard
54 yards

Now if only we could have done that. But we didn't.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
What is this "attitude behind the scenes" you speak of?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
While the Rams scored a lot more than we did, we actually scored at a higher Red Zone TD rate than they did last year. (62% to 60.91%) https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct I would bet that we ran the ball a whole lot more down close than they did.

It just didn't work with OBJ, for whatever reason. It happens sometimes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Requesting a trade (read: not wanting to be here) basically since Day 1. Doubling down on not wanting to be here on the heels of 11-5. That's what I meant.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since day 1? Where did you get that from? Yes, from everything I've seen he did request a trade before 2021 season began. But can you please explain how him purposefully playing poorly would help his career? How that would be advantageous to him?

Let's be honest here. If you were second in the league with the most open WR's on passing downs and the QB consistently couldn't find you, would you want to be here? People seem to fall under some false pretense that these players shouldn't or don't put their career and family first. Well if they don't they're pretty stupid.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing that indicates OBJ didn't want to be here until after seeing he wasn't being used properly and he would do nothing but flounder as long as he was here. That was after the end of last season. There was nothing that indicates he wasn't a willing blocker and team player. There is nothing that indicates he wasn't anything other then a good team mate. NFL players only have so long of a career. No player wants to flounder in obscurity when they can produce much more. They certainly do not want to see their value and income potential nose dive because their QB can't identify when they are open.

So in 2020 OBJ played seven games and was injured the rest of the season. He played six games here in 2021. In those 13 games he had a total of one TD reception. Since that time he has played in 9 games with the Rams and has caught 6 td passes. Now people can carry on about how they were short passes or how the Rams pass more all they want. But are you or anyone else telling me that he doesn't have a much higher market value now than he did while he was not producing TD's here with the Browns? Or are people trying to say he suddenly learned how to get open when he went to the Rams but couldn't get open here? Or that he couldn't run the right routes when he was here but suddenly could as soon as he went to the Rams? Or after watching him with the Rams that we are "better without OBJ"?

The things that have been posted on this board to trash OBJ in order to make excuses for a QB who can't find open WR's has been some of the dumbest things I've seen posted on this board for a long time.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Playoff Games thread

Link Copied to Clipboard