Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
EveDawg #1921550 01/24/22 11:48 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Haha, yes. I am all for canceling meaningless bickering between just a couple of people who hijack threads. Have at it otherwise.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: jaybird
EveDawg #1921563 01/24/22 12:29 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
If he runs again, all the GOP has to do is put forth a moderate likeable candidate and they will win.

And at this point they're incapable of that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921613 01/24/22 03:09 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by EveDawg
If he runs again, all the GOP has to do is put forth a moderate likeable candidate and they will win.

And at this point they're incapable of that.

I really hope not, but a part of me is really curious to find out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Haha, yes. I am all for canceling meaningless bickering between just a couple of people who hijack threads. Have at it otherwise.

The whole forum would be shut down then.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1921628 01/24/22 04:29 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I really can't argue with you there.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good thing Trump rebuilt the Military because with Biden's weakness on the world stage, we are gonna need them!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
How did he "rebuild the military"? As a contracting officer and price analyst for the USAF, I'm interested to hear what you come up with.

I'd also like to hear what your thoughts are on the recent Transdigm hearings. I'm sure you've kept up to date with it, since you are following military spending.

Last edited by dawglover05; 01/24/22 05:44 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
ooops.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Without getting into too many specifics such as colors of money and whatnot, I'll just say this:

1. That's an editorial.

2. An increase in spending does not correlate to an increase in capabilities. That's why I mentioned Transdigm. Many of our sole source contractors sadly see the defense budget primarily as an increase to their bottom line. Transdigm is Exhibit A, where an inspector general audit found the smoking gun where they are living below the Truth in Negotiations Act threshold in a lot of their contracts (which was raised as a part of the 2018 NDAA from $750K to $2M - and the contractors are lobbying to raise it again), and making exhorbitant profit margins (in the 1,000%+ in some cases) and that was just a review of 3% of their business portfolio during a certain time frame. They also exploit a commerciality exception for things over the TINA threshold in order to provide refusal to give the Government the cost data necessary to make sure the tax payers are not getting screwed over. The leverage they have is that - if we don't pay the exorbitant prices - our troops don't get supplied. If you extrapolate the amount of money that the IG audit indicates should be repaid to the entire portfolio, they would have made around $700M in excess profits. That's just one company.

3. General Mattis was actually someone who I liked, and appreciated as a DoD Secretary, because he understood more of the ins and outs of balancing spending and capability, but sadly we all know how that ended due to the Syria debacle. After Mattis stepped down, he was replaced by Mark Esper, who - wait for it - was a lobbyist for Raytheon. Awesome! We invited the fox to run the hen house.

4. Another person in the DoD who actually was trying to get better value for the money being spent was a guy by the name of Shay Assad, who actually empowered acquisition personnel in the military (the people acquiring the capabilities) to obtain more information to hold contractors and suppliers accountable and make sure that we had more leverage in our negotiations. Because of that, he was dubbed "the most hated man in the Pentagon" because contractors did not like the leverage he provided to the military in negotiations. Well, unfortunately, the powers that be in the defense lobby had him canceled during the last administration.

I could go on and on for days probably. Anyhow, one of the biggest reasons China is catching up to us - besides the fact they steal technologies - is the fact that they get a much better value for the money they spend. We have a moribund joke in the acquisition community with the way the defense lobby works that "We will get to buy less with more!" (the opposite of the supposed mantra). Due to the nature of our sole source acquisitions and companies like the one I just mentioned, we pay waaaay too much money for the return we get. If companies in China tried to pull the same thing, I'm pretty sure their execs would all be arrested and "vanish." That's an asymmetrical issue for us.

And please don't actually take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to say Trump bad and Biden good. Nothing is getting solved on that front right now. Obama's administration sucked at it, too. In fact, Chuck Hagel might be the worst DoD Secretary of my lifetime. That all being said, Trump did not rebuild the military. He was another person who perpetuated and exacerbated a problem we have with our military spending. Modern day Republicans hold themselves up as budget hawks, but - for whatever reason - love turning a blind eye to the corporate welfare and cash cow that our military budget has become. I want nothing more than to increase our capabilities and keep our force innovative, but we currently exist in an asymmetrical environment where our industry counterparts are driven primarily by their duties to their shareholders. This causes the proverbial greedy hogs.

#gmstrong
EveDawg #1921664 01/24/22 08:13 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You'll love this one.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/24/22 08:13 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
refreshing candor.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
"I’m not joking when I say this: If you’re ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect or talk down to someone, I promise you, I will fire you on the spot — on the spot. No ifs ands or buts." "Everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity."

-President Joseph Biden

pfft

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
"I’m not joking when I say this: If you’re ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect or talk down to someone, I promise you, I will fire you on the spot — on the spot. No ifs ands or buts." "Everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity."

-President Joseph Biden

pfft
But it doesn't apply to him.

1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

-President Joseph Biden

pfft

That is typical lefty. Rules apply to common folks and not them elitists. Like wearing masks, protecting self with fire arms, educating their children with better schools than public education can offer, that being rich is a bad thing when all of them are filthy rich. They follow a do as I say and not as I do philosophy. Benn caught in the act numerous time and like dumb sheep have the same followers believing in them.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Legend
Legend
P
Reporters aren't his colleagues.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921756 01/25/22 12:33 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
So you're going to ignore the last sentence in that quote because of the definition of colleague (not mention 'or talk down to someone' after 'colleague')?

That handling of the press is approaching Trump-level.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Putting his comment in context is the only thing I did. And no, a one time comment is no comparison to Trump's almost daily attacks on the press. Not even close. Let me know when Biden tells us that the press is the "enemy of the people". Let me know when he for no reason at all verbally attacks the press at a political rally where thousands of people have already been riled up and angered. Trump attacked the press almost in its entirety for over four years. This was a single reporter in a single incident. Let's not make ludicrous comparisons.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921768 01/25/22 01:32 PM
Legend
Legend
So, just so were clear, you're fine with POTUS calling a reporter a "stupid son of a bitch" when he asks a question he doesn't like?

And the reasoning is, Trump was worse?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: EveDawg, 40YEARSWAITING
FATE #1921778 01/25/22 02:09 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
There is a difference between "being fine with it" and trying to compare the two. Just so we're clear.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921782 01/25/22 02:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Oh, the hypocrisy is very clear.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You've been showing it ever since Trump declared he was running for office.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921788 01/25/22 02:49 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I didn't say Biden declared the press the enemy of the people. I said what he said is approaching Trump level. "stupid sonnofa..." is unbelievably unprofessional, and (IMO) a dark stain on the person that's been charged (and ran on the platform of) bringing humanity and respect back to the office.

For someone who basically ran on the platform of "I'm better than Trump", being just barely better than Trump at something just isn't going to cut it.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I didn't say Biden declared the press the enemy of the people. I said what he said is approaching Trump level. "stupid sonnofa..." is unbelievably unprofessional, and (IMO) a dark stain on the person that's been charged (and ran on the platform of) bringing humanity and respect back to the office.

For someone who basically ran on the platform of "I'm better than Trump", being just barely better than Trump at something just isn't going to cut it.

He is not barely better than Trump. He is more like a dementia patient at a Nursing home that lashes out in a fit of anger and curse words. It is sad that the Dems prop this man up on stage like weekend at Bernie's. How many times does he have to call Harris President Harris or how many times does he have to say I am not in charge before people realize he is a puppet President. It is more elder abuse what is happening to this man.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
He is more like a dementia patient at a Nursing home that lashes out in a fit of anger and curse words.

I never expected you to be honest about Trump this way. Thanks for stepping up to the plate!

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

So you consider a single comment when comparing it to well over four years of attack on the press "barely better"? If so we certainly have a different understanding of what "barely better" means.

#gmstrong
FATE #1921799 01/25/22 03:10 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
So, just so were clear, you're fine with POTUS calling a reporter a "stupid son of a bitch" when he asks a question he doesn't like?

GET A LIFE. That jackass Doocy deserves everything he gets. The last 6-7 posters starting with 40s lame ass quote, lashing out at Biden for this sat quietly as Trump called reporters enemies of the state and fake news. Now you freak out for this, give it a rest. Biden is a doddering old fool, he's mouthy as hell, and one of the last people from the 2020 race that I would have actually wanted to be elected; but when he does something to end our democracy, commits high crimes and misdemeanors, lies like Trump, or does anything truly horrific like abandoning allies on the battlefield… then I will join in the condemning, but this? Nah, not even a blip on the radar of shocked by a political figure. Honestly, after Trump, complaining about this makes y'all look like snowflakes.

PitDAWG #1921804 01/25/22 03:18 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well Biden has only been in office for 1 year, so that alone suggests looking at individual incidents individually.

Is Trump really the standard? Do future presidents really only have to be marginally better than arguably the worst leader this world has ever seen? Because that's what I'm getting from your comments here.... He has an out as far as criticism for this type of behavior because "worst ever" spot is already taken.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought that I made it clear when I stated " There is a difference between "being fine with it" and trying to compare the two. Just so we're clear. "

Well Biden has only been in office for 1 year, so that alone suggests looking at individual incidents individually.

So at this point in time in office, Trump had been attacking the press pretty much ever since he announced he was running for office and Biden has a single isolated incident and you wish to look at incidents individually? You can't be serious.

I'm not happy that he made that comment. I thought it was wrong. But I think you must look at the people making a stink about it. These are the same people who applauded trump for almost five years while he was doing the same thing on the daily. And I didn't hear them saying he was wrong.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Is Trump really the standard? Do future presidents really only have to be marginally better than arguably the worst leader this world has ever seen? Because that's what I'm getting from your comments here… He has an out as far as criticism for this type of behavior because "worst ever" spot is already taken.

I hate to admit it, but yes, when dealing with the right's attacking talking points about Biden, Trump set the bar for bad behavior from a POTUS very LOW. And they were cool with that. Hell, the Trumpians relished it. So no matter how much they pretend Trump is now irrelevant, we can not allow that nor can we allow these attacks on Biden to go unanswered. I'm not happy with Biden, but pretending he's this horrible POTUS out to end democracy… especially right after we experienced Trump, that's an (insert strong expletive) farce. It shouldn't justify future POTUS bad behavior, but that's where we're at.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/25/22 04:03 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Whataboutism.

Biden is a shlub.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1921825 01/25/22 04:03 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well maybe you'll get a chance to vote for your shlub again in 2024.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

GET A LIFE. That jackass Doocy deserves everything he gets. The last 6-7 posters starting with 40s lame ass quote, lashing out at Biden for this sat quietly as Trump called reporters enemies of the state and fake news. Now you freak out for this, give it a rest. Biden is a doddering old fool, he's mouthy as hell, and one of the last people from the 2020 race that I would have actually wanted to be elected; but when he does something to end our democracy, commits high crimes and misdemeanors, lies like Trump, or does anything truly horrific like abandoning allies on the battlefield… then I will join in the condemning, but this? Nah, not even a blip on the radar of shocked by a political figure. Honestly, after Trump, complaining about this makes y'all look like snowflakes.
Alright fine.

Why don't you make a short list of things we can question Biden about then?
Is there anything?
Or is it just "well, no matter what, Trump was worse, shut your mouth"?

And yes, Lord OCD, I tried my best not to "freak out" here like I did in all my other posts.

1 member likes this: jfanent
FATE #1921846 01/25/22 06:10 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You can question anything, and some crap he deserved the hits for. But this is nothing on the scale of things. There are a lot of right-wingers hating on Biden simply because the whole world hated on Trump. I don't care that they don't get why the entire world hated on Trump, but they don't get to act like Biden is the worst EVER. Especially not after they pushed Trump up our collective asses. NOPE. And call me whatever you want fate, but I'm always going to call it like I see it even if you and the rest of the board are of differing opinions or in the line of fire for those words. I may be a little blunt at times, but in times like this, I think most of the right could use a little blunt every hour or two.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/25/22 06:11 PM.

Legend
Legend
So just keep me sedated with your mental marijuanas until I think just like you?

You're gonna need a bigger bong, Cheech.

Legend
Legend
And while I have you on the line... I've got an older laptop that won't run Slicing software for my new 3D resin printer.

I use this laptop for all my 3D printers and all graphics layout and it's still a beast. New software crashes.

Looks like I'm up against the API on my graphics card and need better than OpenGL 3.3

Is there a software solution without buying a new graphic card?

FATE #1921854 01/25/22 06:58 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So just keep me sedated with your mental marijuanas until I think just like you?

You're gonna need a bigger bong, Cheech.

You don't need weed bro, you need an emergency stick removal.

Legend
Legend
There's a stick stuck in my graphics card? Weird.

FATE #1921874 01/25/22 08:52 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Is that what you call it, graphics card? hmm...

EveDawg #1921912 01/26/22 11:16 AM
Legend
Legend
What do you call the fact that 29 Democrats are currently looking to leave office and not seek reelection?

Answer: A Good Start. thumbsup

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden's Agenda

Link Copied to Clipboard