Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Keep in mind who you are replying to. He'll never stop.

The job opening is still available. Nothing to add to the thread. Just stalking.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize that Glazer reported exactly what was said to him right? I never heard him describe the context or whether it was said in jest.

And since we're bringing up points that weren't addressed. And not to you specifically, why would anyone believe that OBJ knew he would end up in any better of a situation than he was here? I understand that he didn't want to be here, but why would he think that a team he wanted to be on would come after him? The Rams were actually set at the WR position when they signed him. They didn't "need" a starting WR. As luck would have it Woods was hurt one day after the Rams signed OBJ. When OBJ was signed there wasn't even a starting spot open for him.

OBJ certainly wouldn't have had the role he has now if Woods would have remained healthy.

For all he knew the only team or teams that may have rang his agents phone could have been the likes of the Jet's, the Jags, the Giants or the Lions. It probably would have made more sense for a team capable at making the playoffs to have called but at that point in the season it wouldn't have excluded a lot of teams he wouldn't have wanted to be on either.

Once again I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just showing there are a lot more ways of looking at this than the path some have chosen to take.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And I'm saying that anyone actually claiming OBJ thought someone like Glazer could somehow get him traded after only being here for four days are trying to connect dots that do not exist. The fact OBJ didn't want to be here does not suggest he was serious in his question to Glazer. It's far more likely that was a tongue and cheek joke than anything.

And yet a Youtube video posted by his dad was what got him his release. I don't think the "maybe Jay Glazer can help me" angle sounds so crazy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't believe OBJ thought Glazer would help get him traded after 4 days here.

I DO believe that he asked for "assistance", in the "hey, let people know I don't want to be here" way. you know, write an article or 2 or 3. Get that thought out there.

P
Legend
Legend
P
But the story was already out there.

Odell Beckham: Giants traded me to Cleveland 'to die'

Published: Aug 20, 2019 at 05:16 AM

"This wasn't no business move," he told SI. "This was personal. They thought they'd send me here to die."

https://www.nfl.com/news/odell-beckham-giants-traded-me-to-cleveland-to-die-0ap3000001042993

This was reported on Sports Illustrated, NFL.com, NBC Sports and many other major media outlets.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
But the story was already out there.

Odell Beckham: Giants traded me to Cleveland 'to die'

Published: Aug 20, 2019 at 05:16 AM

"This wasn't no business move," he told SI. "This was personal. They thought they'd send me here to die."

https://www.nfl.com/news/odell-beckham-giants-traded-me-to-cleveland-to-die-0ap3000001042993

This was reported on Sports Illustrated, NFL.com, NBC Sports and many other major media outlets.

That probably proves my point: he didn't want to be here. He wanted yet another reporter to put it out there. The more the merrier.

1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not that I care enough to hop back into this... but what are we even arguing about anymore?

-That OBJ didn't really want to be here?
-That it could've affected his performance here?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're saying that after every major sports venue had already put it out there, that Glazer putting it out there would have more impact?

And I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove since myself along with everyone else and their brother already knew he didn't want to be here.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Not that I care enough to hop back into this... but what are we even arguing about anymore?

-That OBJ didn't really want to be here?
-That it could've affected his performance here?

I think the only real difference is some people make it out to be some kind of plot and some simply don't think it was nefarious.

There is one caveat however. When looking at the entire WR core as a whole, it seems even a guy like Higgins "performance was effected" during the season. Before and after OBJ left. He certainly didn't look like Baker's "go to guy" that people claimed they saw in the past. I don't think anyone would seriously try to contend that Landry looked like his normal self either as a whole over the course of the season.

While I certainly won't disagree that you may very well have a point, there was something much deeper going on here.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So you're saying that after every major sports venue had already put it out there, that Glazer putting it out there would have more impact?

And I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove since myself along with everyone else and their brother already knew he didn't want to be here.

You argue just to argue. Sad.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

I thought that in the end that would be all you really had to say. Every major sports magazine and media outlet had covered the story but somehow you think adding Glazer to the list would have made a difference. Well, you do you arch.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
rofl

I thought that in the end that would be all you really had to say. Every major sports magazine and media outlet had covered the story but somehow you think adding Glazer to the list would have made a difference. Well, you do you arch.

Again, one more wouldn't hurt, would it?

YOU are the one saying Glazer misrepresented. YOU are the one saying everything was wrong. YOU are the one saying he's playing better in LA.

Damn, folks, you can't make this stuff up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not the one saying it would hurt. You're the one claiming it would help. Or that somehow OBJ believed it would help after it had already been splattered all over every major media outlet. I said it seems more likely than not to me that Glazer was misrepresenting. You have added nothing to substantiate otherwise. You haven't shown how that would "help OBJ" as you first claimed. Now you've boiled it down to "it wouldn't hurt would it?"

Are you saying he isn't playing better in L.A.? Do you think that's only "because he didn't want to be here"? You can't claim that an injured QB who was very inaccurate for all but two games of the season wasn't a huge contribution to the lack of productivity of ALL of our WR's. Or can you? Trying to place all the blame for OBJ doing poorly on the excuse he "didn't want to be here" makes no sense. Either Bakers injury was a big part of the reasons our WR's looked so bad this year and he wasn't accurate because of that injury or not.

Claiming it was all OBJ's fault is claiming that playing with an injured Baker for 15 games is the same as playing with a healthy Matthew Stafford. It's not and that's a big part of the difference we're seeing.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

So your debating point has shifted how many times during this conversation? I lost count.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
3 members like this: FATE, archbolddawg, jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see you have decided to forego addressing the points I made in my past several posts. I'm not really surprised.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I see you have decided to forego addressing the points I made in my past several posts. I'm not really surprised.

When you make different points in every post, it's hard to keep track. You came right out and said that Glazer reported second hand information about OBJ, and it was proven to you that he reported OBJ spoke to him directly. You were absolutely wrong, yet you continually try to change the argument so that you appear correct.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: FATE, archbolddawg, MemphisBrownie
A
Legend
Legend
A
He doesn't get it. It's like he thinks no one reads or remembers his posts. This, then that, then the other.................he's made this place intolerable. Watch what happens next.

M
Legend
Legend
M

LOL. Have you ever addressed the fact that after an offseason, preseason and then throughout the year, OBJ never learned the playbook and didn't know where to line up? If you did I sure missed it.

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
Legend
Legend
The biggest thing about OBJ is that here he was expected to be the #1 receiver. When he signed with LA, he was meant to be their #4, but moved up to #3 when Robert Woods was put on IR. #3 is a lot easier, and has much easier coverage, than #1 does. (by far)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lamenting over OBJ is useless. Move on, the past is behind us, and the future in front of us.

Thus happens to be a thread about the future…..

And no, Rogers and Adam’s are not in the future.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He doesn't get it. It's like he thinks no one reads or remembers his posts.

I don't remember what his argument was in the last page... and I'm not going to go back, re-read, do a gap analysis, and then type out a response.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888

LOL. Have you ever addressed the fact that after an offseason, preseason and then throughout the year, OBJ never learned the playbook and didn't know where to line up? If you did I sure missed it.

Yep, you missed it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
He doesn't get it. It's like he thinks no one reads or remembers his posts. This, then that, then the other.................he's made this place intolerable. Watch what happens next.

Yet another case where you have nothing of substance that adds to the thread and making it about me. I really live rent free in your mind.

rofl

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not surprised.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yet another case where you have nothing of substance that adds to the thread and making it about me. I really live rent free in your mind.

rofl

rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Your explanation about OBJ has one serious miss - OBJ requested the trade in the late spring early summer before anything happened to Mayfield. OBJ missed most of 2020 so what was his basis for demanding a trade - it certainly wasn't because of the #5 rated QB in the NFL at the time. It couldn't have been the first 2 games where Mayfield completed 75% against KCC and over 90% against Houston before he got hurt. Surely OBJ couldn't have complained about that - OH WAIT - that bum wasn't even playing in those games! You keep harping on the PFF open receiver article but totally ignore the other PFF rating grade that didn't have a single Browns defender in the top 64 (Landry was best at #73). That couldn't have been the reason for OBJ's antics since he requested the trade almost 5 months earlier. Look, I get it that you don't like Baker and that's ok. If you're going to rag on him though, please use the real facts.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
You really need to work on that quote thing. rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Using SpoTrac's free agency list, by position, and factoring in productivity and age, I don't see much in the way of WR, RT, LT, or TE that may interest us, BUT, I do see a few options at DT that we may consider.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-tackle/all/

Quinton Jefferson might be able to be pried away from Las Vegas. He's kinda inconsistent, which is probably why he was in Buffalo for only one year and was in Las Vegas on a one year deal, too, but he makes plays and hits the QB. At 29 years old, he's just under the mark and is probably young enough to get a three year deal, which that alone may be enough to lure him.

B.J. Hill from Cinci - I don't know much about him, but in 16 games he had 12 QB hits and 6 Sacks, which puts him up with some of the best names available. SpoTrac expects he'll be pretty cheap, too. At 27, he's in the sweet spot with age.

Taylor Stallworth, Indy, age 27 - 12 QB Hits, 3 Sacks.... totally a 2nd tier rotational guy, but I think we can find a spot for a guy like him, and he'll be super cheap.

Larry Ogunjobi - he's still on the younger side, and he's been VERY productive for Cinci. He may want to come back to northern Ohio, but with the success Cinci is having, perhaps he'll prefer to stay in Cincitucky.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Allen Robinson WR Chicago would be my Fantasy Free Agent. I think if the Browns really want to fix the WR position they could easily fix that position by signing the 6'3 Robinson and then draft Traylon Burks the 6'3 WR from Arkansas. With DPJ at 6'2 the Browns could provide Baker with some tall targets with a large catch radius. Robinson and Burks are also physical players that can support the dominant run game blocking on the outside, have run after catch ability, and can go deep and catch 50/50 balls when guarded one on one.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sheldon Richardson is a free agent this year. He is 31.

I wonder if the Browns would try to bring him back?

It could happen. We need help at DT. Malik Jackson age 32 was on a one year deal. McDowell is in deep trouble.

Togiai and Elliott are young and are developmental players who may or may not develop.

My guess is they will again look to free agency at DT with short term deals.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Allen Robinson WR Chicago would be my Fantasy Free Agent. I think if the Browns really want to fix the WR position they could easily fix that position by signing the 6'3 Robinson and then draft Traylon Burks the 6'3 WR from Arkansas. With DPJ at 6'2 the Browns could provide Baker with some tall targets with a large catch radius. Robinson and Burks are also physical players that can support the dominant run game blocking on the outside, have run after catch ability, and can go deep and catch 50/50 balls when guarded one on one.

WR FA acquisitions are going to be really really interesting. Berry has shown an almost disregard for the position to date - whether it was believing we had better or because he thinks WR is less of a difference maker in the KS offense - I don't know.

But the guys that I like - Robinson would be one - do not fit the Berry mold at all. They are not young, they aren't uber talented guys that have run afoul of bad circumstances. . . . maybe DJ Chark or Michael Gallup *might* fit that sort of description (young with potential) .... but they are pretty big risks.

Robinson would be a great signing. If we lost Landry - replacing him with Godwin would probably be a wash, maybe more upside.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Regarding Jarvis.

I am a fan of Jarvis. I love the attitude he brings. He plays hard and is a great team leader.

If the Browns cut him before June 1st they save almost $15m.

He is 29. His contract is up after this year.

Money doesn't talk. It screams.

I don't think will keep him. He would have to take way less. I do not see him doing that.
Jarvis could go out and get his money on a one or two year deal.

Berry can use that money to get someone like Chris Godwin. He will be 26 in Feb.

That is the business of football. Younger, cheaper with the potential of a higher return in production.

1 member likes this: mgh888
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
2 of: Mike Williams, Braxton Berrios, DJ Chark, por favor.

1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know that Berry has shown a disregard for WR's. In the draft thus far you may have a point but as it pertains to the FA market he was burdened with a huge cap hit at the WR position since he's been here. It would have been hard to allocate much more $$ to the position with the cap hit of OBJ and Landry combined. I certainly look for investments to be made with OBJ's departure. If Landry also leaves that investment may be huge.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
So you basically agree that in the draft he has basically disregarded WR ? And he hasn't signed any notable FA WR's ... So reasonable, as a very general statement, to say that to date Berry has seemed to have almost disregarded the position, yes? I agree with you entirely on the cap hit and why he hasn't signed any WR free agents .... but that doesn't change the current situation AND the types of (better) WR available in the FA class vs the types of player Berry has previously signed.

It should be a fun offseason. If Berry does half as well as he did the last draft class, we will be significantly better next year.

The Athletic / Dan Brugler early mock has the Browns taking Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas in the first round - a sort of Debo Samuel clone. I never saw him play, have not seen tape - but from what I have read, he sounds dynamic and NFL ready.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm saying that with the massive amount of cap space allocated to the WR position between OBJ and Landry it's easy to see why he wasn't signing FA WR's. I think we can agree that the WR position has not yet been addressed on his priority list. Anyone who looks at the draft strategy can see he addressed what he saw as more critical parts of the team and worked to address those issues over his first two years in the draft. I guess you must have missed the part where I said "in the draft thus far you may have a point". Thus far, with Berry being strapped with the contracts of OBJ and Landry, I think that is why he hasn't signed some of those "available WR's" you speak about.

Dear Lord man.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The last time he was in position to do anything he had Landry and OBJ, both healthy. He had a Higgins that should've had a playoff touchdown.

-PrplPplEater
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FA's?

Jesse Bates III from Cincy or Terron Armstead NO I would be interested in but I doubt either hits the market

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
jc

watching the SB right now just made me remember how dumb it was to let sheldon richardson go. wish we can get him back.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum free agent fantasy

Link Copied to Clipboard