Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
A healthy Baker will take us back to the Playoffs ...

DON'T WORRY! THE BROWNS HAVE A 150 YEAR PLAN TO GET THEM TO THEIR FIRST SUPER BOWL!
banghead

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Stefanski just watched the playoffs and realized we don’t have the QB to compete in the AFC.

Hell, we don’t even have one that can win the division.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Different era or not, Manning was ahead of his time and QB numbers are QB numbers. Mayfield is actually performing better than Manning and I know Indpls didn't try to run him out of town.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Again.

Manning played in a completely different era of football. This is apples and oranges.

It is. The Manning era of QB's is essentially gone; how many pure pocket passers are there in the league now? Not many.

Legend
Legend
We’re comparing baker to Manning now.

This must be 4D chess we’re playing now cause I literally can’t comprehend this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Swish
Stefanski just watched the playoffs and realized we don’t have the QB to compete in the AFC.

Hell, we don’t even have one that can win the division.

5th year option or not, the Browns HAVE to at least try and make a move at improving the QB position. If that's what the missing piece for the Browns is, then isn't it the front offices job to do whatever it takes? Because even if Mayfield is healthy, can you really say he's as good as Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, etc?

Legend
Legend
Only option with have is either him or Watson.

No other QB we can possible trade is gonna be better than baker and the QBs suck this year in the draft.

So it’s likely gonna be baker because he’s the best available. And if that’s the case, there’s no point of bringing in a mariota or anyone else cause it’s just adding unnecessary stress to the locker room.

A very very dark horse trade/signing could be taking a crack at Winston.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Burrow 520 attempts 14 INTs
Mayfield 413 attempts 13 INTs

That's funny.

I mean why try to have a realistic conversation.

You ask how Baker could have so many Interceptions. I broke it down into a sensible way - and you want to not comment other than to highlight the injured Baker with a harness had 1 less Interception than Burrows. I mean screw the point that the Baker detractors are clamoring for any of the QB's I neamed, and all of them had way more interceptions than a healthy Baker from last year. Just go right to the comparison of one wing Baker with a harness and compare him to Burrows - healthy who is having himself a GREAT season and act like how the conversation started never happened.

I should have known I guess.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

Mayfield 1 torn labrum w/fractured humerus 1 straight jacket harness
Burrow 0 torn labrum w/fractured humerus 0 straight jackeat harness

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
We’re comparing baker to Manning now.

This must be 4D chess we’re playing now cause I literally can’t comprehend this.

Yeah - but you don't say a thing about someone comparing a healthy Burrows, Young & Higgins to an injured Baker and our supporting cast. I mean that's a fair comparison right. That must be 5th Dimension chess.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Winston is a pretty good option as a guy to backup Baker that can come in and actually play reasonably well.

Legend
Legend
You mean the guy coming off an ACL tear in his 2nd season?

Our playmakers and O line are better than the bengals. The QB position however…

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I think it was more of a “non runnng” QB in Manning as opposed to s “running” QB like Mahomes and Burrow. With Baker being more in the first category.

Legend
Legend
Winston is a pretty good option as a guy to backup Baker that can come in and actually play reasonably well.

Maybe. We’re probably gonna disagree but I wouldn’t bring Winston in unless baker is gone.

It’s gonna be mad drama, cause I think in a real QB competition in training camp, Winston would smoke baker.

And a mayfield on the bench week 1 is gonna make the OBJ drama look like a Disney movie.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
You mean the guy coming off an ACL tear in his 2nd season?

Our playmakers and O line are better than the bengals. The QB position however…

Burrows was healthy this year right? No torn Labarum ? No broken humerus ? Not sure why a torn ACL from the middle of last year makes him a fair comparison to Baker this year.

Our OL is much better.

No I do not agree that our playmakers are better than the Bengals. Our RB is a bit better - Mixon is a stud himself. Not one of our TE's is significantly better than Uzomah, in fact I'd take Uzomah over any of them. Our WR's in comparison to the Bengals are not even in the same galaxy. I do not think there are many neutrals that would agree with your statement. Anyone with PFF - I'd be happy to see RB, WR and TE grades.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Only option with have is either him or Watson.

No other QB we can possible trade is gonna be better than baker and the QBs suck this year in the draft.

So it’s likely gonna be baker because he’s the best available. And if that’s the case, there’s no point of bringing in a mariota or anyone else cause it’s just adding unnecessary stress to the locker room.

A very very dark horse trade/signing could be taking a crack at Winston.

Honestly - I think there's a chance there are more QB's available aside from Winston and Watson (who's an INT machine).

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Again.

Manning played in a completely different era of football. This is apples and oranges.

It is. The Manning era of QB's is essentially gone; how many pure pocket passers are there in the league now? Not many.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1771047

Legend
Legend
Baker has been in the league 4 years.

Burrow 2, and has a division title and a SB appearance.

Lamar has 2 division titles and an MVP title in his 4 years.

Seriously just stop it already. Our o line is way better, which means if burrow had our o line and talent, he’d get us the #1 seed.

For the longest you and others have been saying the O line matter more than the receivers. But now all of a sudden when it comes to baker, the the receivers matter more.

The mental gymnastics you and others go through to defend baker would have you qualifying for the Olympics.

Baker is an average QB when healthy. Good enough to win some games, but not the elite QB needed to take a team over the top. If everything needs to be perfect for a QB to win a game, than he isn’t a franchise QB.

Look at you already minimizing our RBs. “A bit better”.

Like I said in another thread. Watch out Chubb, hunt, and D’Ernest. Y’all gonna be next scapegoat. Cause apparently Chubb by himself is only “a bit better” than Mixon.

Next level.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, throw in the fact that von Miller came out and said obj told him not to come to cle...
Obj basically intentional dropping passes to get traded.
We lost 2 games because of obj.

Baker will get his shot next year.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Well, throw in rhe fact that von Miller came out and said obj told him not to come to cle

So, obj basically intentional dropping passes to get traded. We lost 2 games because of obj.

That’s a fine perspective if you’re a deep state guy.

But trying to claim he was intentionally dropping passes is still hilarious nonetheless.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
I mean, yeah... he wasn't like batting down passes like a DB... but do you think with all the smoke that he was motivated and pulling in the same direction?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, throw in rhe fact that von Miller came out and said obj told him not to come to cle

So, obj basically intentional dropping passes to get traded. We lost 2 games because of obj.

But trying to claim he was intentionally dropping passes is still hilarious nonetheless.

He dropped (2) 4th down passes and I think a touchdown or should have been where we were in positions to win those games.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by jfanent

Mayfield 1 torn labrum w/fractured humerus 1 straight jacket harness
Burrow 0 torn labrum w/fractured humerus 0 straight jackeat harness
Why let FACTS or REALISM get in the way of an emotional argument.

My heart is out of patience that my Brain would say the team should have.
Why Have Patience with the Browns Organizaton, what the heck has that ever gotten us!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

He dropped (2) 4th down passes and I think a touchdown where we were in positions to win those games.

Yea and he got thoroughly roasted for it when it happened.

But your logic, I can claim that baker lost us all those OTHER games because he refused to throw to open receivers, intentionally threw into double coverage, and intentionally lowered our chances of winning by going out there playing injured.

If you really want to go down such a ridiculous rabbit hole, then cool. Ready when you are.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What do you call Burrow if not a pocket passer?

Burrow (118 season rushing yds), Cousins (115), Rodgers (101), Carr (108), Roethlisberger (5), Stafford (43), Mills (44), Jimmy G (51), Goff (87), M. Jones (129), Bridgewater (106), Brady (81),
Ryan (82), Tagovailoa (128), Mayfield (134), Prescott (146). 16 players playing QB that averaged less than 10 rushing yards per game in 2021 thus being pocket passers.

R. Wilson (183 rushing yds), Z. Wilson (185), Wentz (215), Tannehill (270), D. Jones (298), Herbert (302). 6 additional starters that averaged less than 18 yards per game in 2021. These would qualify as mostly pocket passers.

That leaves 10 teams that might be considered not pocket passers: Newton, Heinicke (313 rushing yards), Lawrence (334), Hill (374), Mahomes (381), Fields (420), Murray (423), Allen (763), Jackson (767), Hurts (782).

Interesting that this year's Super Bowl will feature 2 pocket passers.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Man you have the bug bad.

1. Change the topic because I guess what I said made a bit too much sense and that comparing a healthy Burrows, Young and Higgins to injured Baker and his supporting case was not a good comparison. And that our playmakers are NOT better than the Bengals cast.

2. I've seen you make the same made up lie that posters will say our RB's are trash to excuse poor play by Baker. That's a Swish thing in your head that you've invented and posted multiple times now. Mixon is a genuine stud - he's possibly better than Hunt. He's not as good as Chubb. Only in your head is me saying that Chubb is a bit better than Mixon some sort of slight on Chubb. Mixon is a top 5 RB in the NFL.

Guess I can add you to the list of crazies when it comes to Baker talk.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/30/22 08:18 PM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I mean, yeah... he wasn't like batting down passes like a DB... but do you think with all the smoke that he was motivated and pulling in the same direction?

Why would he? Dude had been getting blamed since he got traded here. He played hurt all of 2019, still out over over 1k yards and still was blamed.

Then in 2020, he gets hurt trying to tackle the guy who picked off yet another trash baker mayfield throw.

Then comes back way too early to PLAY for the team, and gets blamed by the baker stans anyway. Then he leaves, and yet we got people claiming it’s still OBJs fault.

I saw OBJ, who we all clearly know didn’t want to be here - try to buy into cleveland and baker, only to realize that baker sucks. Plenty of players get drafted/traded to teams they didn’t want to be at. I’m sure Megatron wasn’t thrilled to be in Detroit, either.

But he tried and his teammates love him. He came out here and played while injured just like baker, and yet he catches more heat than the QB who leads the league in picks and batted passes since he was drafted.

Njoku, Chubb, and the o line. Get ready cause y’all next on the chopping block.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He dropped (2) 4th down passes and I think a touchdown where we were in positions to win those games.

Yea and he got thoroughly roasted for it when it happened.

But your logic, I can claim that baker lost us all those OTHER games because he refused to throw to open receivers, intentionally threw into double coverage, and intentionally lowered our chances of winning by going out there playing injured.

If you really want to go down such a ridiculous rabbit hole, then cool. Ready when you are.

If obj would have just done his job vs spending the season sabotaging the team... we would be in the playoffs.

The is nothing left to discuss. Baker was injured all season. Trying to have a conversation about his stats is pointless. He will be better next year or he will be gone.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Either former Brown K'Wan Williams, Safety 49ers, or Former Brown, OBJ will be playing in the Super bowl.

IF the Bengals had lost it wouldn't have meant much changed.
But since the Bengals beat the Chiefs, and are headed to the Super Bowl, then there is just no reason to have patience with this Browns organization. I don't care if the Quarterback, or the Head Coach, or anyone else is responsible for them not having a passing game,
They just don't have one!

Legend
Legend
You’re the one saying our RBs are only a bit better than mixon. Chubb is better than mixon, and our RB group as whole is worlds better.

I didn’t lie about anything. And of course the truth sounds crazy to you. I’m defending our offense as a whole and blaming the guy with the ball in his hand every snap, and you’re downplaying our talent just to defend one dude.

One of us is definitely crazy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The stats say that Baker ran more than Burrow's in 2 less games. According to your reasoning, Burrow should be classified as a pocket passer.

Legend
Legend
so if obj, who plays the most dependent position in football, does his job, we’re in the playoffs.

But somehow, the guy who has the ball in his hands every snap and LOST us games with and without OBJ on the field, isn’t responsible for the team missing the playoffs.

Seriously, what am I suppose to do with this?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We didn't have a WR rated in the top 64 in the league with Landry at 73rd being the highest Brown rated.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Using fan hottakes to justify a guy who wanted to leave right when he arrived... and got out the way he did....

People on Twitter who are doing the "you're not a real fan" thing are dumb... but I don't understand how you can defend a guy that did your team like this.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Using fan hottakes to justify a guy who wanted to leave right when he arrived... and got out the way he did....

People on Twitter who are doing the "you're not a real fan" thing are dumb... but I don't understand how you can defend a guy that did your team like this.

Him not wanting to be here is vastly different than a poster claiming he intentionally tanked on the field to get off the team. That’s what I’m pushing back on.

Please keep up on the convo if you plan on jumping in.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Myles Garrett, go ahead and put your house up on the market. You’re the next meat shield for baker mayfield after Chubb and hunt.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

Why would he? Dude had been getting blamed since he got traded here. He played hurt all of 2019, still out over over 1k yards and still was blamed.

Then in 2020, he gets hurt trying to tackle the guy who picked off yet another trash baker mayfield throw.

Then comes back way too early to PLAY for the team, and gets blamed by the baker stans anyway. Then he leaves, and yet we got people claiming it’s still OBJs fault.

I saw OBJ, who we all clearly know didn’t want to be here - try to buy into cleveland and baker, only to realize that baker sucks. Plenty of players get drafted/traded to teams they didn’t want to be at. I’m sure Megatron wasn’t thrilled to be in Detroit, either.

But he tried and his teammates love him. He came out here and played while injured just like baker, and yet he catches more heat than the QB who leads the league in picks and batted passes since he was drafted.

Njoku, Chubb, and the o line. Get ready cause y’all next on the chopping block.

I'm keeping up just fine. The above are all excuses for the same guy that obviously never bought in and was constantly orchestrating his way out of town.

OBJ's bad attitude is because of

1. Fans
2. Baker
3. Mean fans again

It's funny you bring up Megatron. How many teams did he whine his way out of? Tell his buddies not to come to?

Last edited by oobernoober; 01/30/22 08:37 PM.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by steve0255
We didn't have a WR rated in the top 64 in the league with Landry at 73rd being the highest Brown rated.
seriously.

Legend
Legend
Again, there are ton of players who don’t like the team they’re playing on.

But then claiming they’re intentionally dropping passes on the field to get off the team is nonsense. And by that logic, as I ALREADY said, I can then claim that baker mayfield lost games by intentionally throwing into double coverages and not hitting open receivers.

All I ever ask on this board: what’s the standard?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
All I ever ask on this board: what’s the standard?
Reading post after post with a couple members arguing back and forth about nothingness seems to be the only "standard" standard.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: FloridaFan, mgh888
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Stefanski looking to rid us of Baker???

Link Copied to Clipboard