Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And isn't that how it works? People read a stat and according to their preconceived notions interpret that fact along the lines of those preconceived notions.

And I do understand that many posters fully admit, as a matter of fact proclaim loudly that Baker's injury contributed to his inaccuracy. And I certainly agree with that. However I've NEVER seen it come up in any OBJ discussion. When the topic is OBJ it's almost always been 100% OBJ's fault. When you point out the general overall lack of accuracy of Baker it's due to the injury.

Yeah. I'll be honest I'm not really sure how to look at that 27% stat.

Baker certainly didn't help the OBJ situation, but IMO, OBJ's behavior stands on its own (particularly with the more recent stories). I really don't think you need to take Baker into consideration in this case. I can see the argument for Stefanski being part of the convo. For comparison, look at San Fran, JimmyG and Deebo. Dude was going to bat for his QB the whole time when it was pretty obvious what the weak link in that O was.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
As long as we include how demonstrably the QB throwing him the ball was playing too. Don't blame me because Fate brought up "because we played well without him" and that people said "we play better without him". I'm simply responding to it. We have not played "well or better without him". That's just a fact. No need to get your panties in a bunch or blame me for moving the goal posts.

Edit to add; Let me ask you something mgh. How can anyone know if we're better off without OBJ until OBJ is gone? And remember, I was responding to Fate's comment. I'll give you a hint. You can't know if you're better without him until after he's gone. And that's what you call moving the goal posts. lol
Did you watch the 2020 season after his injury? Lol.

No, let's look at "after he left", with...

A QB with a broken wing.
A MASH unit at OL.
Landry injured (in some way) for almost the entire season. Dropping critical passes when he was playing.
Chubb hobbled twice.
Hunt missing most of the season.
Higgins smoking bongs in the locker room on most Sundays.
DPJ only starting nine games with various injuries.
And a coach who's "seeing ghosts" every time he looks at the play sheets.

???

Yeah, that's what happened, the Browns really started sucking when the prima donna left.

rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Stefanski looking to rid us of Baker???

Link Copied to Clipboard