Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by dawglover05
FWIW, I don’t think substituting a far right source with Tucker Carlson is exactly a move to objectivity.
Objectivity? Please explain what "reference" would be objective when the left media REFUSES TO REPORT.

If you've got a minute, go google "covid natural immunity". Stories from all over the world... and Fox... with headlines of our own CDC saying natural immunity offers better protection. Left media REFUSES TO REPORT. Does that mean it's not true?

You’re getting off topic. We can talk about that in the COVID thread, as you and I have had a good conversation there.

I don’t know what you consider the left media to be, but to infer that it’s valid to post a slanted view from a proven extremist (and we’ve all seen the court filing from Fox’s own attorneys regarding how seriously he should be taken) with the justification that the other extreme won’t talk about it is not justification.

I would say the same thing if someone used Rachel Maddow as a secondary source to something originally published in the New Yorker Slate.

Does Tucker sometimes point out truth, yes, but often in furtherance of a much more tangential slant and bias. I saw that he put in a reference to Soros again in the sound bite you posted. The whole point of my comment is that I wouldn’t rest my laurels on what Tucker Carlson says, especially without a heavy dose of skepticism. If you don’t think that’s true, well then I don’t know what to say.
No offense, but you're simply missing the point. The Covid reference is not off topic, it's proving the point made here in this thread (the post you responded to).

What I'm stating, you just completely reinforced with your response, please work with me here...

Mainstream Liberal News sources:
NPR
PBS
BBC
NY TIMES
NBC NEWS
CNN
ABC NEWS
MSNBC
CBS NEWS

Mainstream Conservative News sources:
FOX

https://www.pewresearch.org/journal...-favorites-emerge-on-the-left-and-right/

So, with any given subject, if it can be politicized in any way, a liberal viewpoint is supported by many different news sources. And obviously, given human nature, "news" will be accepted as more believable when numerous venues are reporting the same thing. Right?

On the other hand, a conservative viewpoint will be simple met with "blah, blah, blah, parroting Fox news".

Why am I posting Tucker? Because my only other option is Hannity! Liberal media will simply report nothing.

Why I used the Covid example:

In short, because of "the stage". Check each box with a yes or no as you read...

Is Covid the biggest news story in modern times?

Is a health crisis front and center of what the "viewer" wants from his/her news source?

Was Covid and vaccination politicized to the point of "us vs them"?

Was the CDC the be-all-end-all for Covid "facts"?

I'm quite sure you answered yes to all of those questions.

So, when the report came out last month, from our own CDC, that natural immunity was more effective at fighting off Covid, why did none of the liberal news sources report it?

Google hits:
FOX (Fox News and numerous Fox affliiates)

REUTERS
EURONEWS
FORBES
NDTV (New Delhi Television)
THE HILL
WFLA (a Tampa area news channel)
FOUNDATION FOR ECONOMIC EDUCATION

Do you see any of the liberal news sources there? Why not? Those outlets are simply reporting facts from the CDC, are facts not relevant to the biggest news story, and biggest argument, in modern times?

Is a breakthrough discovery, backed by science and reported by the defacto world authority for everything "Covid", simply not news? Wouldn't you think at least one would report it, even if by accident (ie... not realizing they would be stepping on toes)?

What were seeing, as a growing trend (that has recently become not just a trend, but fact) is that liberal news outlets will report only things that fit their agenda, regardless of the scope of the story.

If a tree falls in the woods but no one was there to see it, did it really fall? That's what our media has turned into. If there are no facts to repudiate any given story, it is just ignored as if it doesn't exist.

So, two things...

First, if you're going to reference a conservative viewpoint, you're only real choice is Fox News.

Second, and more important... in a day and age where any narrative one side doesn't like is labeled as "misinformation". What credence to truth is jaded by "lack of information"?

I make a statement, you google it, all the results are Fox News, you follow the flowchart... He says "x" is true, google only shows the results from Fox, "x" must not be true, "x" must be misinformation!

Do you see a problem with that?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
It also helps cut communicable diseases spread by shared needle use. And it helps keep areas kids might play or people pass by from the dirty needles lying around. Just adding that.

Beyond the pharmaceutical malpractice that has kicked opioid use into high gear in every corner of the country, I think some of the same players are behind the flood of heroin on the streets. Can't get over our soldiers guarding those fields. Took some kind of power, money, or both to make that happen for almost 20 years.

I don't understand the kids play area comment, and I am asking seriously, because I don't know.

Are they handing out needles but requiring them to use them right there then dispose of them properly?

Dirty needles discarded by junkies in parks and around playgrounds, bro. I've found them on city side walks in Columbus. Kids see it, lock onto that crap, and play with things like that if they don't know any better.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/10/22 03:37 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Legend
Legend
F
It also helps cut communicable diseases spread by shared needle use. And it helps keep areas kids might play or people pass by from the dirty needles lying around. Just adding that.

Beyond the pharmaceutical malpractice that has kicked opioid use into high gear in every corner of the country, I think some of the same players are behind the flood of heroin on the streets. Can't get over our soldiers guarding those fields. Took some kind of power, money, or both to make that happen for almost 20 years.

I don't understand the kids play area comment, and I am asking seriously, because I don't know.

Are they handing out needles but requiring them to use them right there then dispose of them properly?

Dirty needles discarded by junkies in parks and around playgrounds, bro. I've found them on city side walks in Columbus. Kids see it, lock onto that crap, and play with things like that if they don't know any better.

I understand that. I didn't understand how giving out free needles to help stop disease helps keep play areas clean? Seems like if they are giving out free needles then there would be more needles used and disposed of.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
FATE #1924531 02/10/22 03:57 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I use the adfontes website. I think their media bias chart is a useful tool and the most accurate.

https://adfontesmedia.com/

Tucker is not Fox, and they have ratings for popular shows.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

FATE #1924532 02/10/22 03:59 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot about OAN, Newsmax and Sinclair buying up local stations that require certain right wing standards on their local news broadcasts. I'm sure there are others but I think that's enough to show acting like FOX News is the only one is bogus. The article you used as a source is from 2014. Much has changed since then.

I certainly see one problem......

New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

Last edited by PitDAWG; 02/10/22 04:02 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #1924535 02/10/22 04:11 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will also say that I believe that Reuters and the AP drifted left because of the Trump presidency, in an effort to counter false information.

I have never considered them bias, but have noticed that they will make statements like... voter fraud was claimed but never proven.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

3 members like this: oobernoober, dawglover05, FATE
PitDAWG #1924536 02/10/22 04:25 PM
Legend
Legend
What do local stations have to do with mainstream media? And please, what has changed since then?

As far as your problem...

Kentucky study of 450 people that was done independent of and simply cosigned by the CDC... from last AUGUST.

Compared to the CDC's own study, representing 54 MILLION people, from less than three weeks ago?

You do you, bro. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Any time a truth is told that Republicans don't like they call it liberal in order to get those who support Blubber Fett to ignore it. It's a one size catch all word to try to ignore anything that doesn't suit their agenda. Truth doesn't actually matter anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I understand that. I didn't understand how giving out free needles to help stop disease helps keep play areas clean? Seems like if they are giving out free needles then there would be more needles used and disposed of.
Yep. Needles are given out to dissuade re-use and sharing. Giving out free needles simply means more needles on the playground, no ifs ands or buts.

FATE #1924542 02/10/22 04:40 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Usually (I'm not sure in all cases/programs), in order to get new needles, its a 1:1 swap. Meaning, in order to get a new, clean one, you need to return a used, dirty one. And any program that does not do this is, well, frankly doing it wrong IMO. This helps, but surely doesn't cure, the issue of dirty needles laying around in neighborhoods exposed to the common person. It's a huge issue here in Cleveland but there are efforts to improve it. For example, the AIDS Funding Collaborative is one of the leading groups in the area for SEP promotion/support and I believe their funding requirements include this swap method for any agency applying for grant support.

Tackles are tackles.
FATE #1924556 02/10/22 05:48 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think we’re talking past each other.

I will say I don’t think the CDC is the be all end all for COVID facts.

I also approach things differently than you do since I usually use news resources that are generally considered unbiased - or at least were before 2016 - rightly or wrongly. I don’t advocate for the approach of trading off one pundit who tells me how to think vs another who tells me how to think the opposite way. It’s not actually news and that’s my point.

Edit ~ I didn’t mean that last point disparagingly. Just that I assume that the different approach is to take more of a rebuttal type research stance when it comes to news resources. I have pretty much written off the entire 24 hour mainstream for the point I made in that last paragraph.

Last edited by dawglover05; 02/10/22 05:50 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

In the other counties they are doing this, they actually give them a safe monitored place to shoot up. I didn't dive into the articles, but when Pit referenced other countries, I was talking about their programs. Sorry for the confusion.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
I will also say that I believe that Reuters and the AP drifted left because of the Trump presidency, in an effort to counter false information.

I have never considered them bias, but have noticed that they will make statements like... voter fraud was claimed but never proven.

That's about as unbiased as you can be.

F
Legend
Legend
F

In the other counties they are doing this, they actually give them a safe monitored place to shoot up. I didn't dive into the articles, but when Pit referenced other countries, I was talking about their programs. Sorry for the confusion.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Biden now officially worse than Jimmy Carter, economically. several articles agree with that search.

It seems both the democrats and many republicans are not subservient to the multi national oligolical companies, and the multi national oligolical companies are subservient to the Chinese. Therefore to say that Bidens agenda is to do whatever the Chinese communists, and even the Russian Czar demands of him is becoming a moreso true statement. We know what the Chinese did with the Tiamamen square protesters, it is yet to be seen if the USA and Canada are going to treat the anti mandate protesters the same way,
but in many ways, news appears to show this is what it is like to lose to the Chinese and Russians, at least economically and foreign policy wise. USA USA
Look at who is happy that this crumbling of American Exceptionalism is occurring.
Democrats. If you don't know them by now, you will never ever ever know them, ooooo ooooh.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Biden's economy is booming bro. This crazy inflation will end at some point.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It isn't Biden's economy. It wasn't Trump's economy - especially in the first year or 2. It really isn't Biden's inflation either - not entirely. Would I have liked the Fed to act earlier, could Biden have done more sooner ... yes but whether it's 7% or 6% or 5.5% - that inflation was coming if Trump or Biden was in office. How short it lasts ... we are going to have to wait and see.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden's Agenda

Link Copied to Clipboard