Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
bonefish #1925061 02/14/22 12:23 AM
Legend
Legend
Yeah, that's a fake post site.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
bonefish #1925067 02/14/22 07:33 AM
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I don’t like it, but Odell won. He spent two and a half years here that derailed a potential Hall of Fame career because the quarterback could not find him on the field. He forced his way out, found a QB who knew how to get him the ball, and now he has a ring. He can make a good case the problem was never him.
We’re talking about rebuilding our WR room with a top draft pick and maybe a big free agent, but you have to wonder if Baker will find “chemistry” with whomever we bring in. I know we all hope so.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by bonefish
You are implying a lot.

How do you know what the take was by "all" the players? Some came do his defense as a good teammate.
Players including Jarvis and Keenum came to Bakers defense.

Like I said. I don't know. Baker is praised? He has taken more heat than just about any player.

Did Baker answer after being trashed by Odell's father? He said he had conversations with him before and frankly he was disappointed.

Berry made the call. He released Odell.

I have no idea how the players would vote or even if they would.
I was not in the locker room.

I for sure have heard Myles, Bitonio, Chubb, and others support Baker.

I will leave it at this. Odell did not work out in Cleveland. I don't know if anyone is to blame. It does not matter anymore. He was released.

Interesting take.. I was under the impression it was the opposite.

At least Jarvis and Myles came and supported OBJ.

So far I didn't see anyone coming on the defense of Baker, I actually think that its going to be a problem if this guys come in next year and see Baker still there...

Why do you think Chubb and Myles have Baker's back... the guy has multiple times implied he was the one who changed the culture of the team, the one that took them to the playoffs... Imagine how does that sit with the guys that actually did it.

Last edited by rastanplan; 02/14/22 08:07 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Bone told me all i did was imply. i guess Wilson Jr is doing the same thing, right, Bone?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Because I have heard both Myles and Chubb say "I role with Baker."

In fact I have not heard a teammate of Baker's say a negative about him.

I have heard players support Odell and say he was a good teammate as well.

I am not taking sides because I was not in the locker room. There are over 53 players on the team. I don't speak for any of them.

I am sure they all have their own views.

I look at Odell as a former Brown no different than any former Brown.

I support the Cleveland Browns other teams and players are competition and that is all.

Legend
Legend
The Cardinals better hurry up and either trade of cut Kyler Murray. I mean they have no choice, right?

If Kyler ever starts free lancing with his throws he will be cut just like OBJ was. If Kyler throws the ball where he wants instead of where the receivers are supposed to be all the time, and his Daddy posts a video of Cardinal players missing blocks, or being covered on plays he would be dropped like a hot potato.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw that too. Newsome has said a whole bunch of similar stuff. Higgins and Njoku throw love his way all the time.

I'll just say I don't get it, and I'll leave it at that. The guy took a giant stinky dump on the team this year with the stone hands that magically went away when he went to LA, and the business decisions that gave way to unselfish play when he became a team's 2nd+ passing option. Dude's (allegedly) when crapping on the team since day 1.

But the thing I understand even less is fans like Pit that try to defend his every move on here. Dude took a giant dump on your team and you're defending their every move. I read a couple of Pit's posts on this thread and they sound like Collinsworth last night.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There are 53 players on the team.

I can not speak for them.

This is not about Odell as the bad guy. I don't know him nor was I in the locker room.

When he was on the team. I wanted him to be great. It did not work out here.

I don't need to blame anyone.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Because I have heard both Myles and Chubb say "I role with Baker."

In fact I have not heard a teammate of Baker's say a negative about him.

I have heard players support Odell and say he was a good teammate as well.

I am not taking sides because I was not in the locker room. There are over 53 players on the team. I don't speak for any of them.

I look at Odell as a former Brown no different than any former Brown.

I support the Cleveland Browns other teams and players are competition and that is all.

The ones who did got kicked out of the team, except for Kareem.

Myles was vocal about OBJ... and others were vocal about his wife tweets and comments.

By the way, the praises were mostly for his fighting spirit, nobody was much upset for not giving him the new contract..

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
"nobody was much upset for not giving him the new contract."

And you know this how?

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
But the thing I understand even less is fans like Pit that try to defend his every move on here. Dude took a giant dump on your team and you're defending their every move. I read a couple of Pit's posts on this thread and they sound like Collinsworth last night.

You're starting to sound like those who are only willing to look at one side of the coin. Football isn't your career. Anyone willing to look at it from that perspective may have the ability to be more objective. But let's not do that.

Yes, parents will defend their children when they feel they are being falsely blamed. Would all go as far as OBJ's dad did? Most likely not. But many certainly would. When you feel your child, no matter their age is being unfairly attacked, you kick into defense mode. I would hope that if I were in those shoes I would have handled the situation better. But in today's society where people post first and think later, it's certainly no surprise OBJ's dad reacted as he did. And people make up this was some kind of conspiracy between the two. Heck, his dad didn't even create the Tweet, he simply forwarded it. The fact is, no matter how hard some try to deny it, there was never a chemistry built between Baker and OBJ. And as I've stated the most TD's caught by any WR on the Browns last season was 3. I guess that's OBJ's fault too? All of our WR's were dropping the ball. Even Higgins who was once a security blanket for Baker. Landry's production also hit the skids. Now who do all of these WR's depend on for their production? It's not OBJ. But let's single him out and ignore everyone else.

But yeah, let's ignore all of that and focus on one guy. I guess if OBJ took a giant dump on this team so did every WR on the roster. If I were OBJ I would have wanted out of this mess too. As much as you wish to deny it, OBJ's value was taking a giant hit the longer he played here. An NFL career only lasts so long. But let's ignore all of that and make OBJ the fall guy. Everyone looks for a sacrificial lamb. It looks like you have joined the crowd that found one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

You're starting to sound like those who are only willing to look at one side of the coin. Football isn't your career. Anyone willing to look at it from that perspective may have the ability to be more objective. But let's not do that.

Yes, parents will defend their children when they feel they are being falsely blamed. Would all go as far as OBJ's dad did? Most likely not. But many certainly would. When you feel your child, no matter their age is being unfairly attacked, you kick into defense mode. I would hope that if I were in those shoes I would have handled the situation better. But in today's society where people post first and think later, it's certainly no surprise OBJ's dad reacted as he did. And people make up this was some kind of conspiracy between the two. Heck, his dad didn't even create the Tweet, he simply forwarded it. The fact is, no matter how hard some try to deny it, there was never a chemistry built between Baker and OBJ. And as I've stated the most TD's caught by any WR on the Browns last season was 3. I guess that's OBJ's fault too? All of our WR's were dropping the ball. Even Higgins who was once a security blanket for Baker. Landry's production also hit the skids. Now who do all of these WR's depend on for their production? It's not OBJ. But let's single him out and ignore everyone else.

But yeah, let's ignore all of that and focus on one guy. I guess if OBJ took a giant dump on this team so did every WR on the roster. If I were OBJ I would have wanted out of this mess too. As much as you wish to deny it, OBJ's value was taking a giant hit the longer he played here. An NFL career only lasts so long. But let's ignore all of that and make OBJ the fall guy. Everyone looks for a sacrificial lamb. It looks like you have joined the crowd that found one.

Let’s also be sure to ignore the comment Von Miller made about Odell telling him not to come to Cleveland even before the 2021 season began? Also Odell was dropping passes from the backup QB as well. Shall we ignore that? Stack that on top of Odell refusing to show up after he was traded to “get his head right”. Essentially missing any chance to gel with the team. I realize there wasn’t much time with the Covid protocols but is it really so shocking they weren’t on the same page? This is a bunch of BS blown up by the media and Odell’s camp making it appear he was trying but the results said differently.

Who let the Dawgs out???
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems you pay attention to what you want to and ignore the rest. Did you ever notice when everyone outside of Cleveland disagrees with the bulk of our fan base people blame on "the media" or "Odell's camp". They never consider that those who are not Browns fans have the ability to be more objective.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm going walk back that last paragraph (half step). I was annoyed about the talking heads rewriting history during the telecast. I singled you out because, for all your accusation of focusing on certain portions of the OBJ situation and ignoring others, you're doing the same (IMO). That said, today has taken a turn for the weird and now that I care far less about the Superbowl last night, that last part of that last post of mine sounds really childish.

I said before I don't understand the situation and don't understand our players' reactions to it. Here is what I do know.

-OBJ has wanted out at least since end of last season (playoff win and offense going on a tear), if not since (allegedly) the offseason he was traded here
-OBJ had a bad issue with dropping easy passes until he arrived in LA
-Talk of OBJ's injuries magically went away once he got to LA (was on injury report 1st week, then got rest w/o injury designation the next week and then never appears again)
-He may not have been behind the video, but he also never said one single peep about it afterwards. He still hasn't talked to Baker, and never addressed anything. He's had plenty of opportunity to say something about the video and his exit. He's chosen not to.

You have to admit... that's a LOT of smoke... even when you take out the unconfirmed and made up Twitter stuff. Still a ton of smoke (too much, IMO).

So yeah... this time without the drama and finger-pointing and anger and stuff... I don't understand how you want to defend the guy on this board all day.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sorry Odell tore his ACL.

I hate that for any player. Rehab is hard work. It came at a bad time for him. He will be a free agent.

It is the same one he tore in 2020. He lost a bunch of money. He will be looking at one year deals.

bonefish #1925178 02/14/22 06:27 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Damn. My bad.

Baker Mayfield Got Roasted For No Reason After Fake IG Post Blasting Odell Goes Viral (PIC + TWEETS)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022...st-blasting-odell-goes-viral-pic-tweets/

Looks like a lot of people bought it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
EveDawg #1925180 02/14/22 06:34 PM
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Dear Baker,

Stop stirring the drama pot.

Love,
Eve

You'd think people would be familiar with the social media apps that they take issue with. No blue check mark, no Baker Mayfield.

Milk Man #1925185 02/14/22 06:58 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Maybe we can get him back on a one year prove it deal.

cfrs15 #1925188 02/14/22 07:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tsktsk

Joe Thomas #73
cfrs15 #1925193 02/14/22 08:38 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Having Jarvis Landry will be a great selling point, too!

Milk Man #1925194 02/14/22 08:42 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

He and Baker worked out together during the off-season when he was with Giants too!

1 member likes this: oobernoober
Milk Man #1925195 02/14/22 08:43 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Maybe he’ll bring Von Miller with him!

4 members like this: oobernoober, mgh888, cfrs15
Milk Man #1925202 02/15/22 07:20 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

If we have Jarvis.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
cfrs15 #1925207 02/15/22 08:27 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He and Baker worked out together during the off-season when he was with Giants too!

Are there any homes for sale in Strongsville?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
CapCity Dawg #1925211 02/15/22 09:18 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

If OBJ had a pre-first name of Mike, Mark, Mary etc...he could go by M.odell Beckham. Odd.

bonefish #1925232 02/15/22 11:41 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Old
Broken
Joint

His knee is toast.

[Linked Image]
oobernoober #1925246 02/15/22 01:38 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
-OBJ has wanted out at least since end of last season (playoff win and offense going on a tear), if not since (allegedly) the offseason he was traded here

True. I'm not quite sure how that makes him a bad guy.

-OBJ had a bad issue with dropping easy passes until he arrived in LA

True. So did every other WR on the Browns roster. Something isn't right with the entire WR unit. Even the once sure handed Higgins wasn't reliable. Some people wish to isolate the issue to OBJ when in fact it was systemic. Often times we've seen a change of scenery for players do them a world of good. Anyone who watched this season knows both Landry and Higgins were not themselves either. Neither was OBJ. We need to figure out why this was happening across the board instead of playing the blame game. OBJ is gone and this happened the entire season even after he was gone.

-Talk of OBJ's injuries magically went away once he got to LA (was on injury report 1st week, then got rest w/o injury designation the next week and then never appears again)

The coaches make the injury list, not the players. The impact of that was zero. He started and played all of his last six games here and what was written on the injury report by the coaching staff had no impact on that.

-He may not have been behind the video, but he also never said one single peep about it afterwards. He still hasn't talked to Baker, and never addressed anything. He's had plenty of opportunity to say something about the video and his exit. He's chosen not to.

So now you think OBJ should speak out against his dad? He is playing for his third NFL team. He has one dad. This is ridiculous. Baker said he would like to talk to OBJ. Baker has a phone. Connecting dots is one thing. Creating dots to connect is another.

You have to admit... that's a LOT of smoke... even when you take out the unconfirmed and made up Twitter stuff. Still a ton of smoke (too much, IMO).

So yeah... this time without the drama and finger-pointing and anger and stuff... I don't understand how you want to defend the guy on this board all day.

Damp leaves create smoke. Points you consider something of importance are actually nothing more than damp leaves which one could use their imagination to try and paint a certain picture.

I mean do you really think, "yeah but he didn't call Baker" and "Yeah but he didn't diss his dad" are anything of substance? Or, "yeah but the Rams coaching staff decided not to list OBJ on their injury list", when OBJ was starting every game during that time means anything? Really?

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1925248 02/15/22 01:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

After watching him the last half of the season he would be an upgrade to any WR we have on the roster. Great idea!

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1925281 02/15/22 05:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Even the once sure handed Higgins wasn't reliable.

Higgens was toast once other teams realized he could only get open in zone. When they covered him man to man he couldn't get open. The Browns new this a few years ago, but the general public has no, zero, zilch idea. Ahhh life in the NFL.

Last edited by GMdawg; 02/15/22 05:31 PM.

3 members like this: mgh888, jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask
GMdawg #1925299 02/15/22 07:22 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Even the once sure handed Higgins wasn't reliable.

Higgens was toast once other teams realized he could only get open in zone. When they covered him man to man he couldn't get open. The Browns new this a few years ago, but the general public has no, zero, zilch idea. Ahhh life in the NFL.

I never, ever, would have noticed this.

Which this begs the question: how could you force a defense to go into Zone?

Like, is this something we could have worked with?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

bonefish #1925415 02/17/22 02:59 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Tearing the same ACL twice affects you physically but I would image a lot more psychologically.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
rastanplan #1925423 02/17/22 05:46 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Odell did not work out in Cleveland.
It does not matter anymore.
He was released.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
PrplPplEater #1925474 02/18/22 06:32 AM
Legend
Legend

You need to ask somebody who is way smarter than me about the x's and o's of the game for that answer. I was just reporting info that was given to me.

GMdawg #1925475 02/18/22 07:34 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by GMdawg

You need to ask somebody who is way smarter than me about the x's and o's of the game for that answer. I was just reporting info that was given to me.

My guess is if the other team's players can consistently beat your players 1 on 1, a zone will at least provide some help, especially deep, preventing gash plays. It also makes it easier to defend a running QB. Players in a zone don't usually turn their back on the QB to run with a player. Generally, they "slide" inside their zone assignment and don't leave until they see the ball released before releasing to chase the ball.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
bonefish #1925480 02/18/22 08:22 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think defenses use zone D to compensate for a perceived "weak link" in their pass coverage. Sometimes its because a DB is not starter quality and lacks man skills, or it might be because of mismatches due to a WR or TE being such superior ability. Sometimes defenses deploy a disguised zone to confuse an inexperienced or recognition-deficient QB. Ideally though, I would think teams prefer to play man D.

bonefish #1925669 02/19/22 05:04 PM
Legend
Legend
jc

if we can find a way to keep jarvis, i think Baker needs a different weapon on the other side. he has good TEs, but he really needs a big body WR to throw to. it makes me so mad at this dude, cause i swear we would all be having a totally different convo if it was Josh Gordon/Landry instead of OBJ/Landry. or at least if Calloway kept his head on straight.

somebody who's similar to an Andre Johnson type.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1925673 02/19/22 05:52 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Watch tape of USC receiver Drake London.

6'5" plays like a TE in a receivers body. He dominated play for USC.

His numbers would have been sick if he had not gotten injured. Even with missing games he still had numbers.

He played both the slot and X. Versitile smart player who wins all 50/50 balls.

He would be a great fit for the Browns.

Swish #1925674 02/19/22 06:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
somebody who's similar to an Andre Johnson type.
You (we) want Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Cast out of the exact same mold.

6'3" (same)

225-230 (same)

4.3- 4.4 speed (faster)

Just as angry
Just as tough

We'll need to special-order some size 5XL gloves to put in front of his Nick Chubb stiff-arm.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell

Link Copied to Clipboard