Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
P
Legend
Legend
P
We never half ass funding wars. Whether we need them all or not. So you think spending 715 billion on defense is a good thing? It sounds as if you should start paying the bulk of the bills for other families and then get back to me on how fair and right that is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Swish
some of yall sounding like Tucker Carlson right now.

rofl

You sound like OCD right now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
We never half ass funding wars. Whether we need them all or not. So you think spending 715 billion on defense is a good thing? It sounds as if you should start paying the bulk of the bills for other families and then get back to me on how fair and right that is.

Good lord man. We have the biggest budget and it’s not spent efficiently. We have the money to invest in infrastructure but we don’t prioritize it

That’s what I mean by half-assed. We’re always one foot in, one foot out with anything we do lately.

And you damn right we half assed the wars. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t had spent 20 years there. The mission in the Middle East constantly changed cause our leaders didn’t know what to do and got played by the wealthy.

We keep claiming we need to invest in our infrastructure, but there’s always some reason why the bill can’t get passed.

America does nothing but virtue signal lately. Crap is lame.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm never going to agree with global war welfare.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Weren't you the same person complaining about the War Industrial Complex?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I'm never going to agree with global war welfare.

And I don’t believe and taking crap that doesn’t belong to you. Which is what Putin is doing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Yes. That does not equate to being against military action.

By the way, I’m only saying we go hard in the paint if they invade. I’m not suggesting a preemptive strike.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only place we disagree is that I'm not for being responsible for every time someone starts taking people's stuff. There are 30 nations who are members of NATO. Not one. Everyone of those nations should be doing their part.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

By the way, I’m only saying we go hard in the paint if they invade. I’m not suggesting a preemptive strike.

Isn't Russia already shelling Ukraine?

Legend
Legend
Are they? If you’ve heard something, post a link.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraines-volatile-east-day-shelling-085013805.html

The pro Russian rebels. Again, when Putin gives the order, that’s when things get busy.

Im still worried more about an attack coming from the Middle East or Black Sea region, the build up along the border being mostly a decoy.

In today’s warfare, a cyber attack has to happen first before a full scale invasion. Anything else would be completely stupid.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The only place we disagree is that I'm not for being responsible for every time someone starts taking people's stuff. There are 30 nations who are members of NATO. Not one. Everyone of those nations should be doing their part.

I never disagreed with that.

But I’m not gonna stop doing the right thing because one or two countries within NATO are hesitating. Nor have I implied ignoring all the other geopolitical concerns that come with this for other countries.

I’ve maintained my stance that unless Putin invades, it’s just another dance. But if he attacks, we can’t just stop at defending Ukraine. Clowns like him won’t stop there. Ukraine is a huge aspect of his Soviet era dream, but it isn’t the only one.

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Didn't even think about the cyber attacks! What if all these attacks in the past years were just practice?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
bro NATO and the pentagon has been telling us for years that cyber warfare is the new battleground. this is why Russia is always at the forefront over China. China is economic warfare from the american perspective. its why Russia is still our biggest national security threat, cause they're an actual threat to our allies way of life, nevermind ours. look what the Kremlin pulled off with a big ass network of internet trolls. they created levels of chaos in 2016 that a physical military strike would have a hard time competing with. Putin has been doing cyber attacks and espionage for years on the web. Russia has constantly been trying to hack banking industries in europe, and funding troll farms to spread propaganda on the internet. he's part of the reason you see some right wing uprisings across europe.

but we still dont associate that with actual attacks as a society yet. and we need to because warfare and everything else has gone digital. tanks and soldiers arent gonna threaten people who are inside the crib on the internet. why do i need tanks when i can just shut down your grid? thats far more devastating than rolling in brigades worth of troops, and far more efficient. and cyber attacks make physical attacks easier. disrupt your communication network and launch an physical attack from the southeast across the black sea.

this is why the situation in Georgia is bad. its a craphole country no one cares about, but it has a huge strategical use for military movement. This is why he spends so much time trying to build relations in the middle east. its also why Crimea is so important. Roll up in bulgaria and romania and face less resistance. build a relationship with Turkey, a NATO "member", and now you have a whole country that might look the other way if you launch an attack. OR use that as a backdrop to run up in the kurdish areas, and possibly greece. organized chaos.

the kremlin has already been successful in hacking banking and government systems of some eastern european countries, as well as attempts with our closer allies in western europe. that is an act of war, yet we're so woefully behind on cybersecurity and global communication that far too many people around the world don't treat that as a life threatening action.

who needs nukes when you can shut down the entire grid?

- Theodore Roosevelt
4 members like this: mgh888, FATE, ScottPlayersFacemask
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Russia needs the natural gas pipeline that passes through Ukraine to sell to Germany. Don’t forget that fact.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Good stuff Swish

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Russia needs the natural gas pipeline that passes through Ukraine to sell to Germany. Don’t forget that fact.

Well Germany seem to play both sides of the coin on this and have their own Pipeline to Russian gas. I believe this is impacting their commitment regards unified NATO backing of a response to any Ukraine invasion.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...s-nord-steam-2-and-why-is-it-contentious

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...lp-russia-dodge-us-sanctions-2022-02-10/

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/...as-pipeline-becomes-a-geopolitical-lever

Last edited by mgh888; 02/19/22 09:10 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
But I’m not gonna stop doing the right thing because one or two countries within NATO are hesitating. Nor have I implied ignoring all the other geopolitical concerns that come with this for other countries.

I’ve maintained my stance that unless Putin invades, it’s just another dance. But if he attacks, we can’t just stop at defending Ukraine. Clowns like him won’t stop there. Ukraine is a huge aspect of his Soviet era dream, but it isn’t the only one.

This. It's not policing the world, it's not regime change and trying to support one crackpot regime over a different crackpot regime, it's not coming to the defense of an ally in a situation that isn't directly tied to the USA. This impacts the globe and very much the USA.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
But they already have a "police force" for that. That's NATO. We have responsibilities to NATO, but we should let them take the lead in European affairs. I'm tired of the US being the global police officer when there are other orgs already in place.

imagine being the country that created NATO, is the biggest influencer in NATO, and then when its time to flex muscle, go "tired of being a global police officer".

thats like the dude who marries his woman, has a whole family, then goes "aye....im not happy with this im out"

thats like England creating the EU only to bounce.

imagine a business owner not wanting to lead his own company.

what is it about you guys that you need somebody else to do the right thing before you do?

sorry, but im not with that. thats what makes the US who we are. we got flaws and don't always get it right, but we lead from the front. yea, we're the global police officers. lets also acknowledge the FACT that quite a few events happens that world leaders call the POTUS to help either broker an agreement or take direct action in a problem. its not always us sticking our noses in other peoples business. countries ASK for our help all the time.

i mean damn we're the global police force because we literally represent everyone around the world, like it or not. people come from all over the world to live here. OF COURSE we're gonna be massively involved in international conflicts.

that comes with the territory of being a melting pot. you can't sit there and enjoy top benefits and then complain about having to do top work. thats like a #1 overall QB crying about having to put the franchise on his back.

duuuuuuh. if you didnt have the potential to do that, you wouldn't have been drafted #1. the thing that comes with being a global power is having global responsibility. the fact that you even implied that somehow those two can be separated is very shocking.

like damn some of you guys actually hate the leadership position.

no wonder china is whooping our asses in economics. they're competition got B-type personalities.

Speaking to the wrong group Swish. Most of America is like this including our leaders thumbsdown

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

So we’ve gone from arguing about Baker to if we should/shouldn’t invade Russia if they invade Ukraine? What’s going on? Is everyone nihilistic and itching for global thermonuclear war?

This sabrerattling of “will he/won’t he” is classic Putin. There was a good documentary by the BBC back in the 2010s called HyperNormalisation. Essentially part of it talked about how Putin just loved to throw out disinformation to keep people at unease. This is essentially what is happening, just look at the stock market, and the constant headlines of “will they/won’t they invade”. Now he’s taking it to physical actions, and he’s loving the chaos he is sowing.

Putin is not going to risk the wealth he has personally accumulated over what is essentially a urinating spectacle. He’s arguably the richest individual on the planet.

Ukraine needs to figure it out. I’m not risking American boots and full blown nuclear war over Putin’s posturing.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Good lord man. We have the biggest budget and it’s not spent efficiently. We have the money to invest in infrastructure but we don’t prioritize it

That’s what I mean by half-assed. We’re always one foot in, one foot out with anything we do lately.

And you damn right we half assed the wars. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t had spent 20 years there. The mission in the Middle East constantly changed cause our leaders didn’t know what to do and got played by the wealthy.

We keep claiming we need to invest in our infrastructure, but there’s always some reason why the bill can’t get passed.

America does nothing but virtue signal lately. Crap is lame.

Oh come on. You’re seriously stanning for an autocratic republic that pays their citizens dirt, restricts access to knowledge, commits genocide, and is a leader in global pollution that is directly responsible for global warming. What is your deal?

O
Legend
Legend
O

Appreciate the clarification

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Like what, exactly? Be specific.

And which leaders are you talking about? The ones that talk tough, draw red lines and don't do anything about it? Or the ones that draft up a withdrawal plan with the enemy, without our ally that we installed participating in talks... after abandoning the Kurds in Syria? Or is it the ones that stuck our noses everywhere on the globe and left it there with no plan or realistic endgame?

So unless we created NATO in the same way we set up a new government in Afghanistan, then we should fulfill our responsibility in supporting NATO, and have them in the best position to defend their own backyards.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Putin holding a few million Ukrainians hostage for NATO to keep out. Mmmm. Sounds like international terrorism to me.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Who said we should invade Russia?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
T
Legend
Legend
T
What happened. We know that 5-7 days ago Kamala Harris, went to Poland to... work with this Russia +Ukraine situation, that has been reported, that is not in dispute.
So, seems to me, Kamala Harris, whomever she represents, whether it is a position of weakness to whichever foreign power,
It seems like, Kamala Harris negotiated terms of surr, terms of giving up whatever, to buy off Putins army,
for the moment.
Peace through appeasement, How did it work for Chamberlain, in the 1940s, that is what seems to have happened, for the moment.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Would you care to show us any evidence of that?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well Russian troops rolled in to separatist controlled areas of Ukraine and Putin gives a fiery speech suggesting Ukraine doesn't have a history of self governance. Fun times.

Legend
Legend
Jc

Shout out to all my fellow American men -regardless of race- who could be posted up in Ukraine with a future permanent base out there.

I hear the women fine as hell and are highly educated. Can’t wait to see a McDonald’s serving vodka like the McDonald’s that served beer when in was in Germany.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
And thank god Purp isn’t in the navy. I can’t imagine naval service members docking off the Black Sea in Ukraine. All kinds of babies with dual passports.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Dirty.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
And thank god Purp isn’t in the navy. I can’t imagine naval service members docking off the Black Sea in Ukraine. All kinds of babies with dual passports.

[Linked Image from roofgaming.net]

It's my duty as a responsible international citizen of this world.

Plus, I'm directly descended from Saint Olga of Kiev and Vladimir the Great, so it's just familial duty.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 02/22/22 01:41 PM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Swish
P
Legend
Legend
P
God knows the sacrifice you're making by stepping up to the plate. A very admirable quality.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: PrplPplEater, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, the good news is that Binden should have learned from the last Russian invasion while he was in office.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Inconceivable.

Really?
Inconceivable?
Are you sure about that word usage?

WTF have you been these last 10 years?
Have you not heard of this guy before?

As President of The United States of America, this- "person" sat in front of the entire world on a stage in Helsinki, Finland... and punk'd his nation's entire intelligence community in favor of that a short, pasty, ex-KGB autocratic boss of a second-rate almost-world player.

These comments should have come as no surprise to anyone.

One man's "inconceivable" is another man's "totally predictable," I suppose-

Language can be a funny thing.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
have you LISTENED to his comments, or just read them?

In just reading them, it sounds terrible, obviously.

In LISTENING (that spelled right?), it is obvious there is sarcasm. With an open mind (and I know trump haters can't do this), LISTEN to his words, don't read them.

He's saying basically putin was genius for going around accepted rule of nations by saying "we are going in to the independent areas as an act of ...

But I know.............not one damn thing trump has ever done matters to the haters. Is trump a good person? No, by his personal life.

Legend
Legend
ahh, so we're back to the old excuses/variants of "he was joking"

imagine not being able to take a president/former president seriously because he can't be taken seriously.

imagine voting for somebody like that. twice.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Anyways,

Even Germany had to finally jump off the fence and take a position after Putin’s latest moves. I wonder how far Putin is willing to go with this. What’s that follow through look like?

He’s already having the opposite effect of what he’s trying to gain. Now we have Finland considering to join NATO after years of wanting to stay neutral.

Hope that follow through is perfect, Putin. The world won’t leave your country alone like the last time Russia collapsed under its own weight. That pipeline Germany needs will get certified; they’ll just be in charge of it in the future.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Have you LISTENED to his words, or just read them on the mainstream media?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Russia looks ready to invade Ukraine

Link Copied to Clipboard