Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
FATE #1924291 02/09/22 11:09 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
When cases drop to a certain point there's actually no longer a need for mandates. You have to roll with the conditions as they present themselves.
So, you cool with dropping all vaccine mandates? I mean, if we're to the point that no one needs masks, we obviously don't need to force vaccinations, right?

Nothin'?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Glenn Trumpkin will run VA into the ground. Dems will be fixing it next.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
FATE #1924293 02/09/22 11:12 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
When cases drop to a certain point there's actually no longer a need for mandates. You have to roll with the conditions as they present themselves.
So, you cool with dropping all vaccine mandates? I mean, if we're to the point that no one needs masks, we obviously don't need to force vaccinations, right?

Nothin'?

I would never have issued mandates in the first place. POTUS should have just said, no vaccine? No work. Period. Then all the Typhoid Mary's could man up or starve. Either way, a few weeks in, it would have been over.

I've never seen anything as stupid as full-grown adults refusing to do their part to fight a viral pandemic. 100 years ago, your own people would have taken you to the woodshed for acting like this. Today, you people, find those actions acceptable. smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/09/22 11:19 AM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Nothin'?

I would never have issued mandates in the first place. POTUS should have just said, no vaccine? No work. Period. Then all the Typhoid Mary's could man up or starve. Either way, a few weeks in, it would have been over.
Uhhh, that is a mandate.

Covid would have been over in a few weeks?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1924296 02/09/22 11:20 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
No the idiocy would have. You would have complied or starved.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Are you that disappointed I didn't want to argue about it? I guess you haven't been keeping up with the huge drop in Covid cases. That's okay, I understand. With some people it's all about the politics of it rather than the science and what's going on around us.

"Pitiful" is getting ready for the mid-term elections too!

You know, this would "almost" make sense if it weren't for the fact that heavily democratic states who always win their elections weren't doing it too. But they are.

Democratic-led US states roll back mask mandates

Several Democratic-run US states have announced plans to lift mask mandates in indoor places and schools, as coronavirus infections decline in America.

The announcements signal a move towards a policy of accepting Covid-19 as part of everyday life.

Mask-wearing became a political battleground in the United States in the early days of the pandemic.

Many Democratic governors enforced strict mandates, while Republican-led states such as Texas and Florida banned the enforcement of face coverings.

California governor Gavin Newsom announced Monday evening that the state's indoor mask mandate would end for vaccinated residents on February 15.

California's "case rate has decreased by 65 percent since our Omicron peak. Our hospitalizations have stabilized across the state," tweeted Newsom.

"Unvaccinated people will still need to wear masks indoors. Get vaccinated. Get boosted," he added.

Newsom's announcement came after New Jersey governor Phil Murphy announced that children and staff would not need to wear masks in schools from March 7.

"This is not a declaration of victory as much as an acknowledgment that we can responsibly live with this thing," he said, referring to the coronavirus.

In Connecticut, Governor Ned Lamont said he was recommending that school boards drop mandatory mask-wearing in schools after February 28.

Delaware governor John Carney announced that his state's indoor mask mandate would expire on Friday, and that masks in schools will end by March 31.

"We're in a much better place than we were several weeks ago," he wrote on Twitter.

In Oregon, Governor Kate Brown tweeted that she "will lift mask requirements no later than March 31."

New York, the early epicenter of America's outbreak in spring 2020, hasn't officially announced plans to lift Covid restrictions, but Governor Kathy Hochul is expected to end the city's indoor mask mandate on Wednesday, the New York Times reported, citing multiple people briefed on the decision.

- CDC recommendations -

The varying measures highlight the disparate nature of mask rules, which can differ between local authorities in the heavily defederalized country.

The lifting of the mandates still allows individual school boards to require masks if they want to.

But the mandates' revocation appears to be out of sync with guidance from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which Joe Biden's administration follows.

The CDC recommends that vaccinated people wear masks indoors if they are "in an area of substantial or high transmission."

Wearing a mask that covers the nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within or out of the United States.

The CDC also requires masks inside US transportation hubs such as airports and train stations.

The United States is currently recording about 73,000 new cases a day, down from a peak of about 800,000 a day in early January, according to the CDC.

More than 900,000 people have been killed by Covid-19 in the United States, according to the Johns Hopkins University coronavirus tracker.

Despite falling numbers of new cases linked to the Omicron variant, daily deaths are still averaging 2,300, according to government figures.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/democratic-led-us-states-roll-152918891.html

New York and Illinois governors expected to announce end or rollback of certain indoor mask rules, reports say

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/08/us/new-york-mask-mandate-vaccine-announcement/index.html

So no, your slanted political rhetoric does not apply.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #1924320 02/09/22 12:23 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry, I'm usually not on here after mid afternoon. Yesterday was no different. But to answer your question, no. You're trying to compare two different things that do not work the same.

You see variants will in all likelihood continue to develop and spread. The hope is that the current vaccines will continue to give at least some immunity to these variants. So vaccines are critical. It has been proven over and over again that the death rate and hospitalization rate among the vaccinated is a small fraction of the unvaccinated.

In terms of masks, when current conditions get to the point that you can lift mask mandates you should. When and if another variant comes along and the spread becomes wide you can always bring back mask mandates. You have the option to put masks on and take masks off. You can't do the same with vaccines.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #1925951 02/22/22 03:25 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
So are you cool with dropping all vaccine mandates? I mean if we're to the point that no one needs masks, we obviously don't need to force vaccinations right? ... Nothin'?
Covid: What the actual hades, by THROW LONG
What happened, - you lived it covid happened, (the 100 years flu I say), The insurance society had no answer and were Not willing to live and let die so therefore there were the government edicts from on high, (on microphone hourly broadcast for 2 years.)

We, despite when the disease arrived, which I'd guess was a few months earlier are coming to the 2 year anniversary of the canceling of the sports classic by Ohio governor Dewine, and it's coming back, but (I was paying attention) it was the 1st major sporting event to be cancelled or restricted, and was followed in the additional 3-6 weeks by all the major sports, but the A Sports had em all beat by at least a few days..

What can we take away from this, The English, are about to end all government quarantines regarding covid,... why?
answer: there is finally enough treatment and pre-treatment for covid, to ensure the insurance society can survive lawsuits.

The Crackdown on the truckers in Canada, who stood for No Mandates. What does it mean. 2 things to remember 2 historic slogans,
first of all, the crackdown ensures the government as boss and freedom is just a ruse to make people feel good, first of all there is that.

But even though, As I was taught, historically, (regarding the trucker convoy) that the women, pushing for the ERA the equal rights amendment to the constution, never got their amendment, but they got everything it wanted.

Because when the state gives in, it only does, after it shows that it's only doing so because It decided. so that is 1.
1. The equal rights amendment, and the trucker convoy in Canada.
2nd, the 2nd thing to remember was XX Airllines used to have a slogan, (catchy) and I think it also fits the trucker convoy.
In the 15 years prior to XX Airlines' creation, Air travel in general, was much less common because it was more expensive and more difficult to afford, (today do you take air flights more often than you buy a car? in those days it could have been an equal number)
XX Airlines slogan, that fits the Canada end mandate trucker rally, was
XX, "if we didn't exist, would low fares" If the pushback on mandates didn't exist, would the mandates have stopped? No.

But the crackdown shows that the powers that be will say, " We reserve the right to crack heads just because we can, just so everyone knows."

but the bottom line, again, = The treatments are becoming enough that the system,mm can deal with it without fear of being sued. (aka the insurance society). So it is ok to end the quarantines. And that is what the actual hades, is in front of you, everything else is distraction.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
FATE #1926194 02/24/22 12:31 AM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

City of Denver fired people in October for not complying with vaccine mandate. Now they are dropping the mandate.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1926199 02/24/22 07:41 AM
Legend
Legend
If Employers can fire you for using medical marijuana, or smoking cigarettes when your not at work, then they sure as hell should be able to fire you for not getting vaccinated.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
3 members like this: PitDAWG, OldColdDawg, mgh888
GMdawg #1926201 02/24/22 08:22 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes. Companies get to make decisions based on their regulations and signed contract with the employer. Then when/if those regulations and contract details chang, it does not mean you get your job back if you the rules governing your dismissal change. Remember when Josh Gordon had a second sample that was like 1 millionth of a % over the NFL's specified THC level - or whatever it was - and then within a couple months the threshold was elevated 80 or 800 fold? Josh still got a ban.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: GMdawg
mgh888 #1927339 03/01/22 05:00 PM
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I see Dems everywhere are backing off on the mask mandates.

Must be an election year they fear losing.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Or it could be that rates are down across the country for the last few weeks. But hey, don't let facts enter the BS propaganda you are trying to spread.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

Are you really going to go there????? Please tell me and everybody else you are smarter than that.

GMdawg #1927380 03/01/22 06:12 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Are you really going to go there????? Please tell me and everybody else you are smarter than that.

We have seen his posts. We know he is not.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
GMdawg #1927384 03/01/22 06:15 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

You still part of the GQP GM? I can't imagine any one issue making me vote for the party of traitorous insurrectionists and Putin enthusiasts.

Legend
Legend
I can't imagine voting for either party as they are both ignorant.

A
Legend
Legend
A
What's the "GQP" party?

GMdawg #1927391 03/01/22 06:27 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I can't imagine voting for either party as they are both ignorant.

Pretty much how I feel TBH. But the trumpian fascism is not gone, so I will do whatever I need to do until then, including pinching my nose and voting for actual adults, even if I hate what they represent.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/01/22 06:28 PM.

Legend
Legend
I agree to a point, but how do you backup our crazy, assinine, inflation rate??? Both republicans, and Dems do not give a crap out either one of us, or for anybody else for that matter. Both sides don't give a chit about any of us. They only care about their own party. Both sides can rot in hell as far as I am concerned.

GMdawg #1927398 03/01/22 06:57 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
This inflation is just a perfect storm of pandemic, shutdowns, the slowing of goods availability, demand being way above pre pandemic levels. We have more jobs than we can fill, so pay is way up too.

GMdawg #1927401 03/01/22 07:17 PM
Legend
Legend

The Red (Free) States dropped mask mandates long ago while the Blue States kept the mandates till now.
What difference did it make?
Look at the CDC death map and see what the science shows...
//covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Inflation is also caused by continuing to pass such bills that print trillions of dollars and put them into the money supply; ie stimulus packages, infrastructure. The more you spend the more it causes inflation.

I also want to note that the cancelation of the keystone pipeline, stopping certain drilling on federal lands, and creating regulations against the gas and oil industry is asinine. The Biden administration is solely responsible for what I just mentioned, there's no way around it. Sure doesn't help reduce prices at the pump, so when he says he's trying to get gas prices down, his actions say otherwise. Personally I think he's lying.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 03/01/22 08:17 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
crypt walking, bro.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The Left can't get it through their heads that oil ain't about being green, it's about independence and National Security.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Anyone know if we're currently still buying oil from Russia? If so then that means we're complicit and are alright with what Putin is doing.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
no, if we were to actually believe the Boomer/GenX narrative on oil, then once again we got countries going to war over freaking oil.

you want to say goodbye to pickup trucks and modified rides? keep that narrative up. you thought Greta Thunberg was annoying and dangerous, you haven't been paying attention. that's only going to increase the call for green energy investments and research.

did you see what just happened to the Nordstream 2 company? they fired all their employees and filed bankruptcy. during an active pandemic, Putin decided to launch an invasion to start an unprovoked war. and if we believe you and say that its about independence and national security, then you just gave the majority two big reason to aggressively diversify our energy sector. then we take the incentive away from madmen like Putin to try and start wars over oil because western countries are no longer heavily dependent on it.

i mean thanks 40! thats actually a really good position to take on this. now that i believe the conservative/boomer narrative on oil, i will now publicly advocate for the US to start aggressively diversifying our energy portfolio, not only in the interest of independence, but in the name of National Security.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1927423 03/01/22 08:33 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
GOPers are using oil company price gouging when Dems are in office to boohoo about oil. SMDH. Funny how oil/gas prices goes up under Clinton, Obama, and Biden; but suddenly go down when a GOPer is in office. Sabotaging America is what Republicans do.

Legend
Legend
In 2020, for the first time since 1949, the U.S. exported more than it imported – 635,000 barrels per day more.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the United States imported approximately 245,000,000 barrels of oil from the Russian Federation in 2021.

O
Legend
Legend
O
And if that was still not allowed, we'd have an oil glut right now. But CORP profits override your feeling about cheap gas with this government, both parties. So, none of these gas prices have anything to do with Biden being president.

Legend
Legend
Biden declared war on our oil infrastructure by canceling pipelines, raising fees, banning new drilling and more.

The oil companies made the business decision to stop expensive exploration and live with what they can produce.

We made up the difference by relying on other countries for oil, like the Middle East and Russia.

So here we are, dependent on others.

This is why all the sanctions don't touch Russia's oil, we and Europe are dependent on it.
Putin pockets $100 dollars for every barrel we buy. It keeps his military up on the latest gadgets.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Those big oil money grabs should never have been approved by the orange dolt. And nobody gives a damn about the opinion of insurrectionists.

Legend
Legend
If you refuse to listen to the other side, you will only know what you think you know.

Legend
Legend
so that's even more incentive to invest in new technology in the energy sector. plenty of real estate for green energy operations. especially with a continued pandemic, less traditional work environments which increased energy demands across the country, and again 40, our national security.

1800 died today due to Covid here in the US. we need huge investments into our infrastructure, and we have the technology to lower our overall impact on the climate while simultaneously creating large economic growth and american jobs.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
If you refuse to listen to the other side, you will only know what you think you know.

I've listened to enough from you to make my mind up. You're a troll.

Swish #1927438 03/01/22 09:02 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
so that's even more incentive to invest in new technology in the energy sector. plenty of real estate for green energy operations. especially with a continued pandemic, less traditional work environments which increased energy demands across the country, and again 40, our national security.

1800 died today due to Covid here in the US. we need huge investments into our infrastructure, and we have the technology to lower our overall impact on the climate while simultaneously creating large economic growth and american jobs.

I agree but you do it gradually, not all at once. We need oil NOW!

Why don't you ban water and tell everyone to drink juice?
But sir, we can't make enough juice to replace water!
Well as prices go up for juice, more people will begin to grow oranges. notallthere

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

I agree but you do it gradually, not all at once. We need oil NOW!

Why don't you ban water and tell everyone to drink juice?
But sir, we can't make enough juice to replace water!
Well as prices go up for juice, more people will begin to grow oranges. notallthere

"yea, but he really needs this crack cocaine now and for an extended period of time, because we dont know when we're actually gonna get around to getting him checked into rehab."

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Biden declared war on our oil infrastructure by canceling pipelines, raising fees, banning new drilling and more.

The oil companies made the business decision to stop expensive exploration and live with what they can produce.

We made up the difference by relying on other countries for oil, like the Middle East and Russia.

So here we are, dependent on others.

This is why all the sanctions don't touch Russia's oil, we and Europe are dependent on it.
Putin pockets $100 dollars for every barrel we buy. It keeps his military up on the latest gadgets.

The "latest gadgets", when most reports from Ukraine are that the Russian military is woefully under equipped, and mostly with old and outdated equipment.

Also, this huge "decline" in oil production in the US was down .2 million barrels per day in 2021 compared to 2020, which is a lot, but is estimated to increase in 2022 .4 million barrels per day, at least. That was with prices at roughly $50 per barrel. We still aren't back to pre-Covid level demand either, and we never be as many workers are able to work remotely. If even 5% of workers are now working remotely in the US, that is an elimination of daily travel for roughly 8 million people.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
In 2020, for the first time since 1949, the U.S. exported more than it imported – 635,000 barrels per day more.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the United States imported approximately 245,000,000 barrels of oil from the Russian Federation in 2021.

You're also ignoring that Russia accounts for 3% of our oil imports.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard