Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think many of you all are sleeping on Olave. He had 11 multi-TD games in his career. Garrett Wilson had 4.

Wilson might be the flashier player, but making it look easy, as in Olave's case, can also be a good thing. It wouldn't surprise me if Olave ends up having the best pro career of all the receivers in this draft.

I wouldn't necessarily pick him first, but I think he's going to be a good pro.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Hammer
Drake London anyone?

How he isn't ranked in that top five is amazing. With Olave there and London not, I attribute it to 100% OSU homerism.

it's subjective. what is annoying is that it feels like... if someone doesn't agree with you, you attempt to try to tell everyone why they have an opinion in a way that you paint negatively.

All. The. Time

Drake London -

he is good at catching with his hands away from his body
he can go up and make the high catches (could be good for Baker if he keeps throwing high)

he does not run polished routes and in the NFL DB's will jump his routes all the time
he does not block al that well
he has cement shoes in the quick feet department
he will likely play X receiver (which is fine)
he likes to pretend he is Petyon Hillis and jump over people - that doesn't work well in the NFL
if he added 25 lbs he might be a better possession TE
Ironically, he kind of reminds me a little of DPJ

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

So he's a lot like Mike Evans? He only catches everything that comes his way. He only wins the vast majority of contested catches. You know, the kind of WR you can throw the ball in his direction when you're under pressure and count on him coming down with the ball. How sad it would be to have a guy like that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
rofl

So he's a lot like Mike Evans? He only catches everything that comes his way. He only wins the vast majority of contested catches. You know, the kind of WR you can throw the ball in his direction when you're under pressure and count on him coming down with the ball. How sad it would be to have a guy like that.

I think that Burks is more similar to someone like Mike Evans or AJ Brown.

I actually think Drake London is more similar to Plaxico Burress.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess we'll find out. I just hope if I'm right he's playing here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I think many of you all are sleeping on Olave. He had 11 multi-TD games in his career. Garrett Wilson had 4.

Wilson might be the flashier player, but making it look easy, as in Olave's case, can also be a good thing. It wouldn't surprise me if Olave ends up having the best pro career of all the receivers in this draft.

I wouldn't necessarily pick him first, but I think he's going to be a good pro.

Olave is 100% a top wr talent. He's definitely in the discussion for top 3 or 4 WR in this class. I prefer Wilson because of more physicality and explosiveness... But Olave will be a really good WR in the NFL.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess we'll find out. I just hope if I'm right he's playing here.

now that we have Cooper, I doubt we will end up with a WR with our first pick.

1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't. By that logic we wouldn't have drafted Newsome last year. Most everyone knows the math dictates Landry will now be cut. Cooper has never had more than eight TD's in a single season. He's no slouch by any stretch of the imagination but he's not the end all be all answer to fixing this WR group. Rookies can give you a huge upgrade at a small price compared to free agents. Who else would you consider a #1 or #2 WR on this roster with Landry gone? While it's a small sample size, Berry has rebuilt units that are weak, not tried to add a single player to accomplish that goal.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawg66
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Originally Posted by BpG
Originally Posted by KashDawg
I personally think Garrett Wilson is the best receiver in this draft. He has the size, speed, and hands to be a stud in the NFL right off the bat. Little known fact...He went to the same High School Baker did.

I am a buckeye season ticket holder and I am not surprised to see that you have a buckeye helmet as as avi with this comment.

I LOVED WIlson at OSU, I will miss him dearly. He played so big I could have sworn he was 6'3. He's 6' even and ran slower than Olave.

Williams is a year younger and was the best WR in the country last year. He's definitely faster from the film I've seen and seeing them live. If Williams is healthy it's not even a 1a and 1b, it's like 1 and 2 or maybe even 3.

Can someone please explain to me then how Wilson, Olave, Smith-Njigba were all ahead of Williams if he was/is better than Wilson and Olave? Just curious, I follow OSU a little but not that much.

Williams wanted to be a feature player and that was never going to happen at OSU.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't think Jameson Williams will be available with pick #44 but if he is we have to take him.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I doubt there is anyone who is a bigger OSU supporter than myself. I do believe that I have done a pretty good job of separating the NCAA from the NFL though. Maybe that's why I have a hard time grasping the concept of how you could be a hater of Mayfield because of the failed flag plant attempt. Once we draft a player I don't care where he comes from. I don't care about his college playing days. In Mayfield's case my main concern is that because of that and other incidents I felt he was immature. Some kids outgrow that and some kids can't. We've witnessed that before. Mayfield seems to have done a pretty good job at maturing so that concern is now in the rear view mirror for me.

I've never pimped us drafting an OSU QB. They have had players like the Bosa brothers that I pimped but I think that was justified. I think Garret Wilson is a top 5 WR. Not at the very top of my list but certainly worthy of being on the list. But Olave? Nah, I just don't see it.

Olave ran a better 40 and is clearly a better route runner. I think people are significantly over rating one or both at the next level.

Wilson could be Anquan Bolden, Olave could be Marvin Harrison or they can both be marginally athletic WRs in a system that puts up ridiculous numbers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I don't think Jameson Williams will be available with pick #44 but if he is we have to take him.

Absolutely yes!

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

My WR board.

--Jameson Williams
--Garrett Wilson
--Drake London
--George Pickens
--Chris Olave
--Jahan Dotson
--Treylon Burks (big slot/project)
--Skyy Moore (slot only)
--Khalil Shakir (slot)
--David Bell (natural receiver w/o great physical gifts)

Questions:
Christain Watson (uneven hands/tracking issues and age?)
Justyn Ross (lack of production after breakout rookie season)
Jalen Tolbert (already 23)

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
j/c,

My WR board.

--Jameson Williams
--Garrett Wilson
--Drake London
--George Pickens
--Chris Olave
--Jahan Dotson
--Treylon Burks (big slot/project)
--Skyy Moore (slot only)
--Khalil Shakir (slot)
--David Bell (natural receiver w/o great physical gifts)

Questions:
Christain Watson (uneven hands/tracking issues and age?)
Justyn Ross (lack of production after breakout rookie season)
Jalen Tolbert (already 23)

1. Jameson Williams
2. Garrett Wilson
3. Chris Olave
4. George Pickens
5. Drake London
6. Treylon Burks (big slot/project)
7. Skyy Moore (slot only)
8. Jahan Dotson
9. Jalen Tolbert (23)
10. John Metchie III

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Jameson Williams

Link Copied to Clipboard