Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Swish #1930084 03/13/22 06:01 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you suggesting he would have videotaped his own criminal activity? Actually some of these women were message therapists he contacted while he was on the road. Whether they cam to his hotel or he went to them I have no idea.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1930085 03/13/22 06:01 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
In contrast, Watson hasn't paid any price for his alleged actions. He was paid for 2021. As of yet he has not been suspended for any of his alleged actions. He will be rewarded for his alleged actions. He has not apologized for his alleged actions.

FIFY

And before you pound the 22 women drum again. It is one attorney that looks like he is on a fishing expedition and may have convinced women they were assaulted and could get paid.

Or they could be telling the truth. But since nothing has been proven they are alleged actions he has been accused of.

FrankZ #1930087 03/13/22 06:03 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well in that case, that's exactly what we need then. A QB with 22 civil suits for sexual misconduct hanging over his head. That sounds like a brilliant business move.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mgh888 #1930088 03/13/22 06:10 PM
Legend
Legend
"Jas Brooks, a licensed massage therapist who is currently part of the medical staff for Team USA track and field, said in her statement released by Hardin that she massaged Watson at least 40 times starting in 2018 and "never had a single uncomfortable or inappropriate experience."
Apr 12, 2021

PitDAWG #1930090 03/13/22 06:13 PM
Legend
Legend
I didn’t suggest that at all.

I pointed it out because this isn’t a massage parlor situation. You have randoms linking up with Watson, either at home or in a hotel, for a massage.

Again, I have made it clear he’s a creep. But being a creep isn’t illegal.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
HOUSTON – Eighteen massage therapists who have worked with Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson issued statements Wednesday, casting doubt on the stories of 21 women who are accusing the star player of assault and harassment.

Allegations by the nearly two dozen women suing Watson range from inappropriate touching to coerced sex acts.

Attorney Rusty Hardin, who is representing Watson, said the 18 therapists who issued voluntary statements of support for Watson have worked with him a collective 130 times over the past five years.

TIMELINE: Accusations against Deshaun Watson

“These statements show the other side to this story that has been so lacking in the flurry of anonymous complaints filed by opposing counsel,” Hardin said.

In many of the statements, the women said they never felt uncomfortable while working with Watson. Some said they find it hard to believe that Watson could do the things of which he is accused.

Below are the written statements as released by Hardin.

Myah Roberson
Roberson is a licensed massage therapist, who has been working in Houston for 10 years, primarily on athletes.

“I started working with Deshaun in December 2019 after being referred to him by another therapist. He sent me a screenshot of a diagram that the head trainer of the Texans gave him, highlighting the muscles that needed to be worked on, which included the groin and hamstrings. He asked if I felt comfortable working on those areas and I said yes, because I am used to working on athletes.

During the massage, Deshaun was more comfortable using a towel than draping sheets over the table; this isn’t unusual at all. I have several clients that prefer using a towel over sheet. We began using a towel, and that became the norm. When I saw that the first lawsuit mentioned a towel, I chuckled because I gave him that idea. And it’s not inappropriate because they teach you in massage school that using a towel is okay. Some of these accusations are so ludicrous. I just can’t see him doing any of those things. He was never inappropriate with me. I never felt threatened in any way.”

https://www.click2houston.com/sport...rence-championship-automatic-ncaa-berth/

Legend
Legend
So where is the truth?

Who to believe?

I do not think we know or will know.

PitDAWG #1930095 03/13/22 06:19 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
The bottom line is the courts did not find enough evidence to convict. DeShaun Watson is an innocent man. Thus he must be treated as so.

Let me know how all of that works out after all the civil trials have been conducted. So you're telling me that if you were doing the hiring you would consider an applicant with 22 sexual assault civil cases hanging over his head the same as an applicant who didn't? I didn't think so.

If he's more qualified than every other "applicant" and already been found not guilty of anything criminal, it'd be irresponsible not to consider him from a business standpoint, and Haslam belongs to the business world and Berry is an Econ guy.

I could very well see how Berry could see the black cloud of the civil cases being a market inefficiency to exploit.

How else would you have a chance to acquire a legitimate franchise QB in his prime?

It comes down to how they truly feel about Baker (and Watson), what they know and whether or not they believe Watson, and (sadly) how much he's going to cost.

I'm sure they'd have a plan to rehabilitate his image. If they win with him, they'd likely pick up more than enough bandwagon fans to offset the losses. Plus, a fair number of those currently outraged would probably come back.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
It's time to go get Deshaun Watson. Let's get it done. Mary Kay seems to be all in. ooo

The Browns are still exploring a trade for Deshaun Watson, and will have to offer multiple first-round picks, Baker Mayfield and maybe other players
Updated: Mar. 13, 2022, 5:30 p.m. | Published: Mar. 13, 2022, 2:41 p.m.
Mayfield Watson
Baker Mayfield greets Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson following a game in 2018.
854 shares
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns, who have been doing their due diligence on Deshaun Watson for months, continue to explore a trade for the controversial quarterback, sources tell cleveland.com, but must be prepared to surrender multiple first-round picks, Baker Mayfield and possibly other players.

With a grand jury deciding on Friday not indict Watson on criminal charges in connection with accusations from 22 massage therapists who accuse him of sexual assault and harassment, the Browns have moved forward with their possible strong pursuit of the quarterback they passed on in the 2017 draft. That year, they traded down from No. 12 with the Texans and enabled them to draft him there.

The Browns are still conducting their own thorough investigation into Watson and the allegations, and must not only be comfortable with what they find but also confident that no such accusations will be made in the future.

They must also receive the green light from Browns ownership, who would have to be prepared for the enormous backlash that will accompany such a move.

The Browns would have to put a strong support program in place for Watson, which would have to include working with women’s groups, undergoing counseling and making restitution.

But it wouldn’t be the first time they took a chance on a player with a past, including Kareem Hunt, who was captured on video kicking a woman in the hallway of his downtown Cleveland apartment building. The Browns have helped rehabilitate Hunt and he’s become a positive influence who gives back to the community. He’s still a work in progress, but they’ve surrounded him with a robust and multi-pronged support system and he’s turned himself around.

They gave defensive tackle Malik McDowell a second chance last season despite his criminal past, and he went off the rails after the season when he stepped outside of the Browns’ support structure. The Browns were hopeful they had not only found a tremendous talent, but also changed a life. They are still involved in McDowell’s care and are hopeful he can get well.

It would be the same for Watson, who still has civil suits pending and will likely be suspended by the NFL for the first part of the season under the personal conduct policy. The Browns would have to set forth a comprehensive plan and implement a zero-tolerance policy. It’s not an easy decision, and one they’re taking very seriously.

If they decide to seriously pursue a trade — and they seem to be leaning that way — they’ll have to act fast and come big with an offer to the Texans that will include multiple first-round picks and most likely Mayfield.

They’ll also have to sell Watson — who has a no-trade clause in his contract — on the notion that they’re an elite quarterback away from winning a Super Bowl. They can point to the championship-caliber defense, running game and offensive line.

They strengthened their case considerably Saturday by trading with Dallas for four-time Pro Bowl receiver Amari Cooper, who will make any quarterback look good, let alone one of the best in the NFL.

They’re also trying to keep Jarvis Landry by lowering his $16.379 cap hit, while also granting him permission to seek a trade. If he knows Watson might be coming and Cooper is here, he might want to stay.

The Browns will also continue to add to the receiving pile either in free agency or the draft. It’s a deep class, and even without a first-round pick, they could land a good one in the second or third round.

Their trade offer will obviously have to include Mayfield, who wouldn’t be sticking around with Watson here. But unlike some of the other teams interested in Watson, the Browns have a starting-caliber quarterback to throw into the mix. The Browns, who would save Mayfield’s $18.86 million salary for 2022, might have to surrender other key players to pull it off, but if they really want to win a Super Bowl — and they do — they might have to acquiesce.

If the Texans don’t want Mayfield, the Browns would have to trade him elsewhere — and there would be suitors.

Another player who comes to mind in the trade package is two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward. There’s no way the Browns would want to part with their lockdown corner, but if the Texans insist and it gets the deal done, they shouldn’t rule it out.

The Browns have shown they can draft defenders, and they’d find a way to replace him, perhaps even in this draft. They’d also have another starting cornerback on a rookie contract in Greg Newsome II, and not for the $19 million a year Ward will get in his upcoming extension. As it is, he’s heading into his fifth-year option year at $13.294 million.

New Texans coach Lovie Smith is a defensive coach, and might see the wisdom in such a move. With Watson averaging $39 million a year through 2025 and Myles Garrett’s big cap hits kicking in for 2023, the Browns will need to save some pennies somewhere. Watson — who’s five months younger than Mayfield and will turn 27 in September — also has an out in his contract after 2023, with only $5.4 million in dead cap space thereafter.

According to NFL Network, the Saints and Panthers have already made offers for Watson, and other teams are willing to give up the three first-round picks the Texans are seeking. Watson also plans to meet with any potential suitors before making a decision.

If the Browns bring him in for a visit — and the chances are increasingly likely — they should have Cooper, Nick Chubb and Garrett greet him at the door. There aren’t many teams with the resources and roster of the Browns, and it makes for a tantalizing presentation.

The Browns passed on the player Clemson coach Dabo Swinney called “Michael Jordan’' in 2017, and now they have a second chance to land him.

It’s a bold and controversial move, but one they just might find worth making.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...er-mayfield-and-maybe-other-players.html

Last edited by tastybrownies; 03/13/22 06:39 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
mgh888 #1930100 03/13/22 06:38 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
If you pay someone to give you oral sex it's not prostitution?

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
"Jas Brooks, a licensed massage therapist who is currently part of the medical staff for Team USA track and field, said in her statement released by Hardin that she massaged Watson at least 40 times starting in 2018 and "never had a single uncomfortable or inappropriate experience."
Apr 12, 2021

She also quit working with him... these are her texts.. She later backtracked and said they were taken out of context.

[Linked Image from ml8dx8xgrqnj.i.optimole.com]

A whole lotta "goofy" going on with this story.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
EveDawg #1930102 03/13/22 06:44 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by EveDawg

My understanding of a lot of the Watson complaints is that he was not going to a rub n tug parlor, he was exposing himself and pressuring and manipulating/coercing them into a situation where they did what they did. That is not what Patriots owner did at all.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
PitDAWG #1930103 03/13/22 06:45 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Civil suits are far less of a concern that criminal complaints.

To be fair I think the cost of getting him is too high, especially with the distractions around him regardless of how those play out.

Have you ever posted a reply to someone without being snarky?

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
FATE #1930105 03/13/22 06:48 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Maybe this sounds cold but as long as he can get it done on the field, most people won't care what he did as long as it wasn't terrorism or murder.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
rofl

You obviously haven't been following this thread have you? Once someone pays the price for their mistakes and takes responsibility for it, I think they do deserve a second chance.

I do not agree with rewarding them with a second chance before they do those things. Try to keep up next time.

And no, I have never made unwanted sexual advances, forced a woman to perform oral sex on me or had 1 woman, much less 22 accuse me of those things. Have you?

The bottom line is the courts did not find enough evidence to convict. DeShaun Watson is an innocent man. Thus he must be treated as so.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/adam-schefter-deshaun-watson-tweet-truth.html
You don’t have to be a lawyer to understand that a grand jury’s decision not to indict a defendant doesn’t necessarily mean they think that person is innocent. It means that at least a number of people on the jury do not feel there is enough probable cause to move forward with a trial. Unlike a trial jury, a grand jury is not here to determine guilt or innocence.

next up civil lawsuits.

this is far from over.

At this time he is still considered innocent becaue he has not been charged with a crime and found guilty. Innocent UNTIL proven guilty. Not guilty until proven innocent by the court of public opinion. That is the difference. At this time the grand jury said there was not enough evidence to proceed to a trail. Thus DeShaum Watson is still an innocent man and should be treated as such. If he was convicted and found guilty then and only then he would be considered a criminal found guilty of a crime. Public opinion does not get to decide guilt or innocence only a jury of his peers in a trial. Right now this man does not even face a criminal trial.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
FATE #1930109 03/13/22 07:08 PM
Legend
Legend
That is my point. How are we really supposed to know?

The message business has always been seedy. I am sure there are pure professionals in the business.

At the same time some of the parlors and on-line people are far from legit. Would some of these people be looking to extort a celebrity?

Hell yes.

So, in the end we have to rely on the court of law. And as I stated even then there is factual guilt and criminal guilt.
A grand jury decides upon "if" they feel they can prove guilt before they will indict.

They decided not to indict.

So this is in Haslam's court. The Browns are doing their own look see.

If someone has verifiable proof of sexual assualt that is a different matter.

That is not what has been published from what I have read.

Accusation is (legal) a formal charge brought against a person in a court of law while indictment is (legal) the official legal document outlining the charges concerned.

FrankZ #1930113 03/13/22 07:15 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Have you ever posted a reply to someone without being snarky?

I think he did once back when we were still on the Browns website.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
cfrs15 #1930116 03/13/22 07:16 PM
Legend
Legend

Well, no Watson to the bucs.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
cfrs15 #1930118 03/13/22 07:19 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Now would be a good time to dump the Watson trade news.

cfrs15 #1930119 03/13/22 07:22 PM
Legend
Legend
so its now seahawks, saints, browns?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1930122 03/13/22 07:30 PM
Legend
Legend
Man I did not see that coming.

cfrs15 #1930124 03/13/22 07:34 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by cfrs15
It doesn’t matter what teams offer really. Watson is going to pick a spot.

It matters. The Texans don't have to trade him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
EveDawg #1930129 03/13/22 07:40 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

depends on if you are married to them or not

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Swish #1930130 03/13/22 07:41 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish

carolina and saints

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
cfrs15 #1930131 03/13/22 07:41 PM
Legend
Legend
Kirk staying with the Vikings. That was a possible destination for Watson.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

carolina and saints

He blocked Carolina before right? What changed since then?

- Theodore Roosevelt
PitDAWG #1930141 03/13/22 07:54 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Are you suggesting he would have videotaped his own criminal activity? Actually some of these women were message therapists he contacted while he was on the road. Whether they cam to his hotel or he went to them I have no idea.

Neither do I, but my feeling is Watson wasn't heading out to the Oriental Spa, out by the truck stop at exit 234.

Again, just a guess.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
cfrs15 #1930144 03/13/22 07:58 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
All this chatter about Watson and Browns being pursuers. This would be a great time to come out and extend Baker. Take all the pressure off him. Give him guaranteed money to lower the cap hit this year to sign another WR or another FA or even Jarvis if we want.

We could have no QB soon if we don't get Watson. Whom I don't want anyway. Give Mayfield all the confidence in the world. If the rumors are true or not. Extend Baker.

(I know it's not going to happen)

But where do we go from here....? no Watson, and tell Baker "oh, we were close to getting a guy we really wanted but now we're stuck with you so please be good."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
the courts did not find enough evidence to convict. Why do we think we have a moral high ground to the law?

Being innocent and being found not guilty are not the same thing.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
cfrs15 #1930149 03/13/22 08:08 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
This projected trade was from CBS Sports-Are they out of their minds

Projected offer: 2022 first-round pick (No. 13), 2023 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, 2022 sixth-round pick, QB Baker Mayfield, RB Kareem Hunt, TE David Njoku

Unlike the Seahawks with Drew Lock, the Texans would at least be getting a proven serviceable starter at QB in Mayfield, who may or may not warrant a long-term deal but is still just 26 himself. Hunt plays a replaceable role but is also 26 with Pro Bowl flashes at a position of need, while Njoku, 25, is a prime candidate to be moved under the franchise tag.

Jester #1930152 03/13/22 08:13 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Jester
the courts did not find enough evidence to convict. Why do we think we have a moral high ground to the law?

Yes it is. You are innocent until proven guilty. That is our law and rights as a citizen.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by devicedawg
We could have no QB soon if we don't get Watson. Whom I don't want anyway.

Seems like a recurring situation since the "99" return

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes it is. You are innocent until proven guilty. That is our law and rights as a citizen.

Innocent means that you didn't do anything wrong.
Not guilty means. it cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did.
Not the same thing.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

And sit on a treasure trove of assets?

O
Legend
Legend
O

But they kind of do need to trade him. They paid him to not play last year, and I'm pretty sure he asked for the trade then. What makes anyone think he will play for them now after he was benched for the year? I wonder if that was a year against his contract, or since he didn't play at all, if his contract extends a year? I mean he was paid, so it should count, right?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
cfrs15 #1930159 03/13/22 08:25 PM
Legend
Legend

And sit on a treasure trove of assets?

No kidding... Texans are trading him... Watson has a no trade clause so he gets a big say in where he goes... I guarantee you the only thing not happening is Watson staying in Houston unless DeShaun has a dramatic change of heart...

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Some millennials and gen Zs think oral/anal are not sex at all. At least it doesn't count against their chastity vows. Heard kids talking about it and thought it was nuts.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/13/22 08:28 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Pretty sure it counted since he was paid... he's got two more years on his contract, I believe, before he could walk... so yes... they are trading him... no way they don't....

I fully expect it to take 3 first rounders plus more

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Some millennials and gen Zs think oral/anal are not sex at all. At least it doesn't count against their chastity vows. Heard kids talking about it and thought it was nuts.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

No Craps Given
Jester #1930171 03/13/22 09:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Being accused and being guilty aren't the same thing, either.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." Especially if you don't have all the facts. My .02. *shrug*

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard