Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by mgh888
Lmao. What the f does that mean. You will have to explain. It sounds a lot like "she was asking for it wearing that outfit"....

I get a massage every 3 weeks. None of the massage therapists I've ever seen would do anything inappropriate for me or any athlete or film star or whatever. I've never had 22 different therapists. You find one you like and you stick with them.

Just pick up a newspaper, or online and its easy to know the difference between masseurs, physiotherapists and "recreation" masseurs. I have serious doubts any high performance athlete would let anyone touch his body who is not a recognized trusted professional, let alone 22, but if its for recreational purposes, the more the merrier.

I actually once had the opposite happened to me, in a SPA, so maybe I'm biased against the profession. I also had physiotherapy sessions, but let me tell you that there was nothing sensual or sexual in the whole process

The guy clearly has an addiction, but if he is a sex predator its strange that he only goes after masseurs. You don't get clear of 22 accusations if there is not a common theme.

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/15/22 08:44 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So, hypothetically, what's the response from all you "Dump Mayfield at All Costs" if Watson is not the golden child savior and the team does not improve? Or that a Mayfield gets traded to say the Colts and he leads them deep into the playoffs while the Browns sit at home because let's say Watson gets a 10-12 game suspension? Or that maybe Watson doesn't perform as expected because the issue actually is the Stefanski scheme and play calling and not Mayfield or Watson?

If you lump all your eggs in one basket with as many questions as there are surrounding this move, you're not a very smart GM. Not to mention the fact that if the trade doesn't go through, Berry has destroyed any type of relationship he will have with Mayfield going forward. The trust level between player and FO and coach just went down the drain with the other sewer water.

I get it, they think Watson is an upgrade but they don't have a deal yet they have severed any type of working relationship going forward with Mayfield if the trade that was never a certainty doesn't go through. I hope the Watson deal goes through now otherwise the Browns will be in rebuilding mode again.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm one of those that would like to be proud of my QB.. I don't think Watson fits the bill here.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
1 member likes this: Floquinho
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by SaintDawg
I'm one of those that would like to be proud of my QB.. I don't think Watson fits the bill here.

He doesnt. I'm am disgusted the browns brass is all in on this......I wanna puke

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I am not in favor of Watson coming here. Not that it mattters, I know. Cost to get him would be too high, imo. He has baggage, no doubt. But regardless of that, how many players need to be cut or contracts restructured to get him?

Damage has been done concerning Mayfield. Based on the trade talks about him, based on going to talk with Watson, etc.

The Browns just screwed up, in my opinion......and possibly some/much of it based on last year, with an injured qb.

Watson will probably see.......6 game suspension? Who knows. We're in a bad spot right now. Get him, and watch him sit out due to suspension. Don't get him, and watch Baker. Other cuts........and to think. Eh, I don't want to think. I see nothing good coming out of any of this short term, and probably not long term.

1 member likes this: SaintDawg
Legend
Legend

ok this some deep state stuff now. Bone, you were right. this is starting to look like a jimmy haslam special hahahaha

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm not sure Rusty Hardin was Haslam's attorney throughout the ordeal, but Hardin was Pilot Flying J's then President, Mark Hazelwood's attorney (obviously Pilot Flying J likely took care of the legal fees).

https://www.rustyhardin.com/pilot-flying-j-execs-line-white-collar-criminal-expertise/

M
Legend
Legend
M
If Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield is traded before the 2022 NFL season, where will he land? PFN Insider Tony Pauline has new information around the situation.
By

Matthew Cannata
March 15, 2022

If the Cleveland Browns trade Baker Mayfield, where will he land? With rumors of Mayfield and the Browns potentially parting ways, PFN Insider Tony Pauline has heard from sources close to the situation that Mayfield has a preferred destination, and it happens to be in the AFC South.

On the premiere episode of PFN Draft Insiders (which can be found every Tuesday at 8 PM ET on the PFN YouTube Channel), PFN Chief NFL Analyst Trey Wingo asked Pauline about the latest he was hearing around the Browns.

Pauline reported that he was told Browns’ general manager Andrew Berry has promised to work with Mayfield’s team and send him to a place of his choosing – if at all possible. If Mayfield had his choice, that place would be Indianapolis to play for the Colts, another team on the cusp of getting into the playoffs.

The Browns are currently courting Deshaun Watson and finished their meeting with Watson in Houston on Tuesday afternoon, according to sources who spoke to PFN Insider Aaron Wilson. Pauline reported that he was told that Browns’ owner Jimmy Haslam has been the driving force in the Browns’ attempt to bring Watson to Cleveland as he believes the soon-to-be-former Houston Texan is the missing piece of the Super Bowl puzzle.

The selling point for Watson to come to Cleveland? Unlike other teams presently courting Watson (Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta) the Browns are the closest to not only making the playoffs but also going deep into the playoffs.

Watson will ultimately decide his fate as he holds a no-trade clause and will have the final say where he ends up. Mayfield will also have the final say after this season as sources told Pauline that even if he’s playing for the Browns this season, they don’t see a long-term future for him in Cleveland.

Why Mayfield being traded to the Colts could make sense

There are actually quite a few reasons why a Mayfield to Indianapolis connection could make sense. Mayfield was drafted first overall in the 2018 NFL Draft. At the time, the general manager for the Browns was Chris Ballard’s former mentor John Dorsey. Dorsey and Ballard had previously worked together in the football operations department for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Could Ballard and Dorsey both have similar views on what it takes to be a successful quarterback in the NFL? If so, this could help explain why Ballard is reportedly showing an interest in a player drafted by Dorsey first overall.

In addition to the Ballard and Dorsey connection, finances could also play a role in why Mayfield makes sense. The Colts are currently without a QB1 after trading away Carson Wentz; however, they do have a significant amount of cap space. Mayfield has an $18.9 million cap hit in 2022, a number that is low considering how much starting QBs make these days. The Colts currently have a projected available team salary cap space of $62.5 million.

Realistically, Mayfield might be one of the cheapest options available right now. Were his numbers last season underwhelming? absolutely. He completed just 253 of 418 attempts for 3,010 passing yards, 17 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. However, it is important to note that he suffered a number of injuries.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...-nfl-team-is-his-preferred-landing-spot/

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Colts make sense. Throw us the 3rd rounder you got from Washington and add in the same conditional pick for 2023.

Or, Arians supposedly likes Baker - TB for a 3rd rounder and Kyle Trask

This said, I am a Baker fan and wish him to be our QB for the next 10+ years

Last edited by clwb419; 03/15/22 10:24 PM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I don’t think Baker would want to be Brady’s backup.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Charlie Frye was a choirboy of a QB. Really good guy. Overdrafted , but a good guy overall.
But when his tenure ended as a Brown QB, 99% of Browns fans were glad to see him.go.
He simply was a bad QB. But nobody was applauding his character when he was cut.
At the end of the day, it's all about, did you.perform well or not regarding athletes.

DON'T TRY TO JUSTIFY HIS CRAP. I'll put up with him if the Browns bring him in, BUT I will never be a fan if even a smidgen of these allegations are true, he's a creep. I haven't heard anyone say he's innocent. I don't want him, but if he's forced upon us by Berry and company, I don't want anyone trying to 'lessen' his transgressions with BS rhetoric. I will never say that's "My QB" for him like I do Baker. He's the guy holding the spot if he comes, that is all. And he's obviously a DIVA, so I agree with Eve, the second things go south, he'll get run out on a rail.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/15/22 10:36 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hey, Baker is in no position right now. He will go to whoever gives us the best deal!. Football is a cold business, that is why some players will not play hurt because they know their performance is being judged when they are on the field!!.. Nothing person, just business!!.. I'm more upset at not resigning Tretter. Top centers do not just grow on trees!

Legend
Legend

yo somebody posted the FO was already headed back to cleveland. why is Ian saying they are meeting tonight?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Exactly right, but he wouldn't really have much of a choice. And getting paid $18 sitting a year under Brady wouldn't be a bad thing.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by clwb419

Exactly right, but he wouldn't really have much of a choice. And getting paid $18 sitting a year under Brady wouldn't be a bad thing.

Why would the Bucs pay $18 million for a backup who can walk after the season?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we trade for Watson, I kind of hope he gets suspended indefinitely/season until all civil suits are done.

That's where I'm at with the FO/ownership.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
“I don’t know what the [expletive] has been going on here, and I don’t know why it’s been going on here. But if you’re not hurt, like if your hamstring ain’t falling off the [expletive] bone, your leg ain’t broke, you should be [expletive] practicing. Like straight up. Like that [expletive] is weakness, and that [expletive] is contagious as [expletive]. And that [expletive] ain’t going to be in this room, bruh. That [expletive] has been here in the past, and that’s why the past has been like it is, bruh. And this [expletive] is over with, bruh. If you can [expletive] practice, [expletive] practice.

You can’t get no better — ain’t nobody going to get better by being on the [expletive] sideline if you ain’t [expletive] hurt. If you’re not [expletive] hurt, you’ve got to [expletive] practice, because you make other [expletive] work even [expletive] harder. Now they’re at more risk of getting [expletive] hurt because you don’t want to [expletive] practice, because you’re being a [expletive]. Straight up that [expletive] is [expletive] real. That [expletive] ain’t happening here…

I’m hurt and I’m tired just like every [expletive] body in this [expletive] but I ain’t taken no [expletive] days off because I can’t be [expletive] great that way. That’s got to be the [expletive] attitude and the mentality all the [expletive] time. All that weak [expletive] don’t [expletive] live here no more. That [expletive] don’t exist. It’s contagious, bruh.”

Landry got credit for changing the culture in Cleveland. Now Juice is gone and Baker, who looks to have bought in, looks to be on his way out too. Juice may have changed the culture but it looks like the Browns are going to change it right back.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by LexDawg
“I don’t know what the [expletive] has been going on here, and I don’t know why it’s been going on here. But if you’re not hurt, like if your hamstring ain’t falling off the [expletive] bone, your leg ain’t broke, you should be [expletive] practicing. Like straight up. Like that [expletive] is weakness, and that [expletive] is contagious as [expletive]. And that [expletive] ain’t going to be in this room, bruh. That [expletive] has been here in the past, and that’s why the past has been like it is, bruh. And this [expletive] is over with, bruh. If you can [expletive] practice, [expletive] practice.

You can’t get no better — ain’t nobody going to get better by being on the [expletive] sideline if you ain’t [expletive] hurt. If you’re not [expletive] hurt, you’ve got to [expletive] practice, because you make other [expletive] work even [expletive] harder. Now they’re at more risk of getting [expletive] hurt because you don’t want to [expletive] practice, because you’re being a [expletive]. Straight up that [expletive] is [expletive] real. That [expletive] ain’t happening here…

I’m hurt and I’m tired just like every [expletive] body in this [expletive] but I ain’t taken no [expletive] days off because I can’t be [expletive] great that way. That’s got to be the [expletive] attitude and the mentality all the [expletive] time. All that weak [expletive] don’t [expletive] live here no more. That [expletive] don’t exist. It’s contagious, bruh.”

Landry got credit for changing the culture in Cleveland. Now Juice is gone and Baker, who looks to have bought in, looks to be on his way out too. Juice may have changed the culture but it looks like the Browns are going to change it right back.

Our FO is destroying this team.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by LexDawg

Astute observation.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
A
Legend
Legend
A
Maybe because tweets mean nothing? Tweets are put out to get attention, regardless of facts? I don't know.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Swish
yo somebody posted the FO was already headed back to cleveland. why is Ian saying they are meeting tonight?

Haslam's jet already landed back in West Palm Beach. Meeting is over.

https://www.radarbox.com/data/registration/N695P

Also....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My ideal scenario at this point is for Watson to be traded to the Falcons.
They turn around and trade Matt Ryan to us.
We then trade Baker to the Seahawks
We draft our star qb of the future in next year's draft which looks like it is going to very talented and very deep

1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Jester
We draft our star qb of the future in next year's draft which looks like it is going to very talented and very deep

I think you may be on to something here. While I think DeShaun Watson is a clear upgrade from Baker. I just don't believe the IVY League guys would part with 3 draft picks for him. Knowing he could possibly be suspended. I could see a 3 team trade though. Something like.

Atlanta gets DeShaun Watson from Houston and Austin Hooper from Cleveland

Cleveland gets Matt Ryan from Atlanta

Houston gets Baker Mayfield from Cleveland, 3 first round draft picks, a 2nd round pick, and WR Calvin Ridley from Atlanta.

The Browns then sign Allen Robinson with money freed up from Matt Ryan reworked contract and cutting loss Hooper.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Legend
Legend
I'd keep Baker... Matt Ryan isn't an upgrade...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd rather have Jordan Love than Matt Ryan

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by jaybird

Over what we saw last year Matt Ryan is an enormous upgrade.

With the Falcons’ cap situation I don’t see Watson going there at this point. They’d have to gut their roster just to get Watson on their roster.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird

Over what we saw last year Matt Ryan is an enormous upgrade.

With the Falcons’ cap situation I don’t see Watson going there at this point. They’d have to gut their roster just to get Watson on their roster.

Last year Baker was hurt the entire year... I'd rather have a health Baker than Matt Ryan... Matt Ryan is a good QB but how many years does he have left?? If we would do that plan we'd for sure need to draft his replacement next year...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by Jester

I think you may be on to something here. While I think DeShaun Watson is a clear upgrade from Baker. I just don't believe the IVY League guys would part with 3 draft picks for him. Knowing he could possibly be suspended. I could see a 3 team trade though. Something like.

Atlanta gets DeShaun Watson from Houston and Austin Hooper from Cleveland

Cleveland gets Matt Ryan from Atlanta

Houston gets Baker Mayfield from Cleveland, 3 first round draft picks, a 2nd round pick, and WR Calvin Ridley from Atlanta.

The Browns then sign Allen Robinson with money freed up from Matt Ryan reworked contract and cutting loss Hooper.

Would love to have AR on the Browns roster

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For me MAat Ryan is a bridge Qb that can win some games and bring stability to the organization for 1-2 years. We draft our future Qb in next year's draft Don't thin k we would get Stroud or the 'bama Qb but I really like Ramsey out of Miss St.

Jay - I would agree but at this point I don't see any situation in which Baker is on the Browns next season

SBD - I have no interest in Jordan Love. Nothing suggests he could be a franchise Qb so we would just be wallowing again for years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
it's about getting more talent, adding AR would be a great addition to the team. re-read the post from day of the dawg

Legend
Legend
Don't disagree with you... truly feels that Baker's time here is done, which is sad... I have zero issue with us pursuing Watson because he's a clear upgrade... when Watson, likely, doesn't work out, I would hope we could salvage the relationship with baker.... but not sure that's realistic...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
All Pro
All Pro
Some of you “anything but Baker” don’t seems to get it.

Players come and go and despite I really liked Landry and Mayfield I have no problem with moving on and to embrace new players. What I don’t like is that my team, the Cleveland Browns that I love seems to have owners and a FO with a questionable moral compass. I’m all in about giving everyone a second chance and everybody is innocent until proven guilty and all that but 22 women is to much.

I have four daughters and I know how it feels when one of them coming home and is crying after being abused or even worse by a “nice guy”.

Sadly for me this incident just tells me that Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski isn’t my guys and I don’t want them to represent my team. 22 women. Don’t need more words.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
The standard for DW and the FO is AFC championship game or bust for intentionally throwing a grenade in the clubhouse. When this fails epically I expect paul kevin and andrew to be let go, cooper will be released and tge new regime wont pay $40 million on DW.

And we all know if DW come to Cleveland, Rodger will hand out a 10 game suspension before ink is dry.

Mistake on the Lake

M
Legend
Legend
M

brownie

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

brownie

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by teedub
And we all know if DW come to Cleveland, Rodger will hand out a 10 game suspension before ink is dry.

That's the Cleveland factor of doubling suspensions of players wearing orange and brown.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dave #1931272 03/16/22 07:55 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by jfanent
I hope this situation has a happy ending.

You mean like after Watson turns down the Browns' leadership group, they all pile into Haslam's jet and fly to visit Baker and Emily, and they all go on a nice picnic?

LOL...I don't think that is happening.

I think something happened with the team and Baker. It started brewing during the season, but things seemed to take a U-turn in the last month or so. I think Baker also expressed to the Browns his unhappiness and it became clear that Baker was going to be a problem to get signed again. I think a meeting between Berry and Bakers agent at the combine wasn't good no matter how you look at it, but it seems that was the point things really started to heat up about the team looking at QB options.

I don't think the Browns want to have a lame duck QB this season because Baker told them the only way he plays in Cleveland after this season would be if he was tagged.

I don't think anybody is to blame, it's just a unfortunate situation.

Just my guess.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Who drives the train?

The Steelers needed a quarterback. The Rooney family stated we will not pursue Deshaun Watson.

Jimmy Haslam with a recuperating quarterback who was told "you are our starter."

Jimmy says ok Berry jump on the plane with me. We will make an offer.

Make no mistake this is Haslam's deal.

Looking forward to a great football season.

I have noticed you are pretty quick to blame owners. Freddie leaves Atlanta because they didn't want to pay. Haslam did this or that.

I think Freddie got greedy and Baker told the FO he didn't want to play here any longer. The reality is there is probably plenty of dirt on everybody's hands. Sometimes everybody has a strong point but they happen to be in opposition.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
big mistake giving up on Baker...just another clown move by the FO to keep us in football Hell.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson II

Link Copied to Clipboard