Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O

This was too funny not to post on here.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by eotab
big mistake giving up on Baker...just another clown move by the FO to keep us in football Hell.

Maybe. Maybe the player wanted to move on.

I like Baker and wanted to draft him when we did. That said, I wouldn't have extended him after last season or sometime during this season.

Tell me, would you offer him a 30-40 mil a year contract right now? IMO that would be a bonehead move.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Just one person's opinion.....

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I noticed on the internet that the same fans bashing baker last season and defending stefanski playcalling our now bashing stefanski playcalling just in case watson comes here and severely underperforms as I expect he will. Even our overrated glorified prevent defense was able to keep him in check two seasons ago.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I'm well aware of the timeline as I'm aware of Watson not wanting to play for Houston before the allegations came out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/sports/football/deshaun-watson-tony-buzbee-sexual-assault.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/14/tony-buzbee-interview-deshaun-watson/

The lawyer has a rep. If you're saying the way he went about this makes his case immune to people looking to score a payday from an athlete, then you're being willfully ignorant. Also, same lawyer initially wanted to settle it all quietly. This is nowhere near the 'good vs evil' situation that you're trying to portray. Far more reasonable to wait for more (real) information.

Yep. 22 liars on one side and the only truth teller is on the other side. You do realize that a lawyer tells their clients all of the options they have to move forward including settlement offers. right? That's a far cry from the lawyer wanting to settle it.

You do realize that many women who have been sexually abused do not want the public shunning, like your judgemental post being spread all over the country, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Spiritbro77
O
Legend
Legend
O
If you're saying the way he went about this makes his case immune to people looking to score a payday from an athlete, then you're being willfully ignorant.

Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yep. 22 liars on one side and the only truth teller is on the other side.

Willfully ignorant, then. You do you. I'll do my best to cling to my sanity as best as possible until actual info comes out, and until then point your virtue signaling in another direction.

.... like your judgemental post ....

You are seriously the LAST person (in this thread and many others) that can talk about being judgmental.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: MemphisBrownie, Hoodly
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Odds were 40-1.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Odds were 40-1.

That’s just because Baker is gone.

👀

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Your tendency to always think the worst of people can be sickening.

Then maybe you should stop trying to make a case for the assailant.

If he's the monster you make him out to be, why were there only "he said, she said" cases and no actual evidence if this was so widespread and egregious?

How many people are in a room when a message is given? This is ridiculous.

Something doesn't add up.

You're right. People who think eye witnesses would be in a room while a massage is being given doesn't add up.

This happened to more than 22 women and not a single one filed a police report at the time or has any evidence?

When two people are alone in a room, what evidence would she have?

The fact that people believe that without question seems more degrading to women than considering the possibility that someone's being loose with the truth.

When there's 22 of them? I don't think so.

Yes, I understand that there are reasons a woman wouldn't report an assault to the police, and I feel awful that such things can and do happen.

For me, though, the size of the story without any evidence works against it. 22 women and over a year and you couldn't gather enough corroborating evidence to even go to trial? It's a huge story, all the major networks and newspapers are digging into it, law enforcement as well, and nothing legally incriminating comes to light?

This has been explained to you many times. If you lack the ability to understand it or whether you refuse to accept it, either way that's on you.

It angers and sickens me that people that have been victims of sexual assault see what's happening and see that as evidence that they wouldn't be believed, either.

So you are saying that actual victims are angered because people don't believe Deshawns accusers? Because that's the reaction I've gotten. 22 women speak out and only one man, the perp is being believed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent
Anyhow, per PFT in Feb of 21, Watson did refuse to play for the texans.

Yep, he just decided to show up at camp, refused to play and the Texans blessed him with 10.5 million dollars for no reason.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Just curious.....did the Browns look.at the All-22 film of Watsons
Accusers?

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You keep talking about eyewitnesses. I'm talking about physical evidence: Signs of bruising, texts, a journal entry, records of therapist appointments. 22 alleged instances and there's nothing but words.

I don't doubt that something tawdry happened. But I don't see any actual evidence to indicate that it reached the level of a crime. He's a pervy dude with some disturbing kinks that may have caused previously willing women to change their minds. But there's no evidence that he forced anything after they let him know they weren't into it. He paid them and they left by all accounts I've heard. Maybe he's guilty of solicitation.

Ick, but I'm not the morality police.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Just curious.....did the Browns look.at the All-22 film of Watsons
Accusers?

Well we do need people that can hold onto balls downfield...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I like Baker and wanted to draft him when we did. That said, I wouldn't have extended him after last season or sometime during this season.

Tell me, would you offer him a 30-40 mil a year contract right now? IMO that would be a bonehead move.

Nobody had to offer him a contract "right now". When healthy Baker led us to the playoffs and a playoff win. With a bum shoulder he performed about like sensible people would or should have expected. This was the year we would have found out if a continuation or improvement of 2020 with a healthy Baker was what we would see or not. He was already under contract for this season.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see when you face questions you can't answer you tactic is to attack the messenger. You should fit in quite well with the Deshawn Watson fan club.

According to the women's attorney electronic device evidence will show his guilt. Not that it will mean anything to you.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by clwb419
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I don’t think Baker would want to be Brady’s backup.

Exactly right, but he wouldn't really have much of a choice. And getting paid $18 sitting a year under Brady wouldn't be a bad thing.

Why would the Bucs pay $18 million for a backup who can walk after the season?

Extend him a year to reduce cap hit year 1. If Brady stays another year, make the decision then. Otherwise you have a QB you like on your roster and can extend him longer term.

It was an idea and one that you don't see happening. Maybe not, but if Arians liked the guy and wants the guy, he could make it happen

Last edited by clwb419; 03/16/22 01:02 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not the morality police, but I'm also not morally bankrupt. We'll get to watch this all play out. Hopefully not with Watson wearing the orange and Brown. Watson tried to settle with all these women to keep the details quiet so of course he did nothing wrong.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
You keep talking about eyewitnesses. I'm talking about physical evidence: Signs of bruising, texts, a journal entry, records of therapist appointments. 22 alleged instances and there's nothing but words.

I don't doubt that something tawdry happened. But I don't see any actual evidence to indicate that it reached the level of a crime. He's a pervy dude with some disturbing kinks that may have caused previously willing women to change their minds. But there's no evidence that he forced anything after they let him know they weren't into it. He paid them and they left by all accounts I've heard. Maybe he's guilty of solicitation.

I'll try to be polite.... But your post seems to imply the ONLY way sexual impropriety or sexual exploitation occurred was if
[1] There was physical harm done to the victims
[2] If Watson exposed himself - or made them touch his erection without their consent, and they firmly/politely/declined - but didn't report him out of fear, him being a famous A list athlete and all - then that's okay too and the victim carries the blame for not getting the police involved.
[3] Without doubt there are texts and appointments. What is it that they prove? Are you suggesting that these women never even met Watson and never gave him a massage?

Harvey Weinstein was never accused of physically forcing women to act against their will - Harvey Weinstein used his position of power and influence. In his case he was dealing with people who either worked for him or whose career's he held in his hands ... That was enough for a court of law. And while no criminal proceedings have been initiated against Watson, the same power/influence/coercion ethics would apply to Watson and be morally wrong.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/16/22 01:00 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
1. You didn't ask any questions (other than the ones where you were putting words into my mouth).

2. When the message is not-subtle virtue signaling, and attacking anyone with even a slightly different opinion than you (while doing your usual twisting of what I'm saying to try to make your argument sound better)... well then yes. I am attacking the messenger. Guilty as charged.

3. If you read my posts, you'd know I'm not in any 'Deshawn (sic) Watson fan club'. And along those lines, you sound like the people you make fun of on here.

4. I look forward to seeing said evidence. Again, if you had read, you'd know that that WILL mean something to me (for Pete's sake, if I've said anything in these threads, it's that I'm waiting for the info/evidence).

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Watson tried to settle with all these women to keep the details quiet so of course he did nothing wrong.

So did Buzbee.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anybody know what time Watson was to meet with Atlanta? I just want to get all this drama over with.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
As of now you seem to indicate that 22-1 means nothing to you. You actually made it sound like some seedy lawyer head hunted people to form a lawsuit. Seems to me like you are no less guilty of trying to frame a scenario here than anyone else.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not framing anything. I'm waiting.

Again... with the lack of reading.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I see when you face questions you can't answer you tactic is to attack the messenger. You should fit in quite well with the Deshawn Watson fan club.

According to the women's attorney electronic device evidence will show his guilt. Not that it will mean anything to you.

So they have electronic evidence proving his guilt, and yet the grand jury didn’t find enough evidence to even take it to trial?

I still think he did something… but I’m not going to sit on a high horse and throw stones at the guy without anything actually being proven

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Day of the Dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not framing anything. I'm waiting.

Again... with the lack of reading.

You are right. It was Bulldawg you framed the crazy scenario to paint the victims as the possible wrongdoers that provided shade for the predator....

There can be female "predators," too.

A shady lawyer could round up 22 women to claim that you are a sexual predator. Does that make you one?

Something being on social media or in the "news" doesn't make it true.

I'm guessing reality is probably somewhere in the middle. Watson probably did something borderline. Some of the massage therapists probably tried to get Watson to cross the line. Some of them are probably just in it for the money. Some may even feel they were legitimately "assaulted."

I haven't seen any evidence of the last one. Apparently neither did the legal system.

Having sex with a woman and then having her feel scorned later isn't a crime, though.

Getting a sports massage is kind of a weird situation. Someone's being paid to put their hands on someone else's groin. Physiological responses happen.

The legal system didn't find anything criminal. I've seen no evidence of forcible contact.

Our society is in a weird place where sex is both celebrated and castigated.

We should probably just go ahead and legalize prostitution. Regulate it. Let people be straightforward about what they are looking for. Be safe about it.

Not my thing, but there's a reason it's considered the world's oldest profession. Plus, Jesus liked to hang out with them.

When you compare a licensed message therapist to "the oldest profession" you're framing a scenario. When you cast shade on 22 victims, you're framing a scenario.

He, like many, think if there isn't enough evidence to convict in a criminal case there isn't any evidence.

Quite sad.

My bad for thinking it was you and not him.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure how many times this needs to be explained, but I'll do it yet again.

In a criminal case you must prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt". In a civil suit you have to prove guilt " by the preponderance of the evidence". Meaning more likely guilty than not. Those are two very different thresholds. Prosecutors look for a very high conviction rate. Unless they feel a case is very solid, often times they don't pursue charges at all.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Enough with the "he's an innocent man and a wonderful human being and all of the women are lying" bullcrap. Just admit that you DON'T CARE what he did or what he does in the future. He could murder 100 women and you wouldn't care. ALL you care about is winning. Period. So why contort yourselves into knots trying to paint him as the victim? Just admit you don't care and be proud of your real stance. Sexual predators are welcome in Cleveland. Hell, we should rename the club to that. Cleveland Predators.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watson tried to settle with all these women to keep the details quiet so of course he did nothing wrong.

So did Buzbee.

The global media story and court of public opinion have already convicted him. There's no way he gets an unbiased jury. Sadly, in the world we live in, settling to avoid potentially uncapped damages, even when innocent, is practical risk management.

Also can see how not wanting your sex life in the public eye could be a factor.

Fiercely Independent.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

So did Buzbee.

The global media story and court of public opinion have already convicted him. There's no way he gets an unbiased jury. Sadly, in the world we live in, settling to avoid potentially uncapped damages, even when innocent, is practical risk management.

Also can see how not wanting your sex life in the public eye could be a factor.

I don't see how he doesn't settle out of court at this point.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Spiritbro77
Enough with the "he's an innocent man and a wonderful human being and all of the women are lying" bullcrap. Just admit that you DON'T CARE what he did or what he does in the future. He could murder 100 women and you wouldn't care. ALL you care about is winning. Period. So why contort yourselves into knots trying to paint him as the victim? Just admit you don't care and be proud of your real stance. Sexual predators are welcome in Cleveland. Hell, we should rename the club to that. Cleveland Predators.

I guess it is OK to make a determination of guilt or innocence without all of the information. Rush to judgement. I sure hope if you are ever accused of something whether or not your guilty or not you get your day in court to plead your case. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P

Yeah, that's it.

rofl

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Gotcha. No worries. My head is spinning as well. I'm making a conscious decision (trying to, at least) to suspend judgement towards Watson coming to the Browns, the FO apparently trying to get him, etc.

Watson is a creep (and that's best case scenario given what we know). The unfortunate reality of the larger situation is that because of the specific way he can toss a football, the rules are going to be applied to him slightly differently (i.e. lots of dirtbags still pulling down massive paychecks all over the NFL). Watson could very well be in the category beyond your normal rank-and-file-NFL-dirtbag, but we don't know for sure. I need to know more information before I make this decision regarding my NFL fandom.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
I guess it is OK to make a determination of guilt or innocence without all of the information. Rush to judgement. I sure hope if you are ever accused of something whether or not your guilty or not you get your day in court to plead your case. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Yeah, let me know how you feel when it's not 1 person, but 22 accusing you if vert similar things. Oh that's right, you already have.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Yeah, let me know how you feel when it's not 1 person, but 22 accusing you if vert similar things. Oh that's right, you already have.

Ok, I gotcha. You do not believe in due process. Numbers is all that matters. Sad!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by dawg66
Anybody know what time Watson was to meet with Atlanta? I just want to get all this drama over with.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
It's hard for me to believe Watson would choose anyone but the Falcons when he specifically reached out to them and has had a personal relationship with the Blank Family since he was a kid.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I can't say I totally blame you. Maybe it's because I actually know victims of sexual abuse who faced almost exactly the same circumstances. It's a familiar pattern that maybe some aren't so familiar with. Watching people trying to make the predator the good guy and the victim out to be a liar or of having poor character. Watching the victims and the pain they went through. Maybe it's because the first woman to come out was Ashley Solis who is a very reputable massage therapist with a very successful business and has zero character issues. Maybe it's watching people on here comparing actual licensed massage therapists with some "me love you long time" back alley people who hide their actual goals behind the disguise of giving massages that troubles me. Actually it's probably a combination of all that and then some.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ok, I gotcha. You do not believe in due process. Numbers is all that matters. Sad!

Yet with 22 civil cases pending you think we should sign a QB while not knowing the results. Sad.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888

I'll try to be polite.... But your post seems to imply the ONLY way sexual impropriety or sexual exploitation occurred was if
[1] There was physical harm done to the victims
[2] If Watson exposed himself - or made them touch his erection without their consent, and they firmly/politely/declined - but didn't report him out of fear, him being a famous A list athlete and all - then that's okay too and the victim carries the blame for not getting the police involved.
[3] Without doubt there are texts and appointments. What is it that they prove? Are you suggesting that these women never even met Watson and never gave him a massage?

Harvey Weinstein was never accused of physically forcing women to act against their will - Harvey Weinstein used his position of power and influence. In his case he was dealing with people who either worked for him or whose career's he held in his hands ... That was enough for a court of law. And while no criminal proceedings have been initiated against Watson, the same power/influence/coercion ethics would apply to Watson and be morally wrong.

No, I'm saying we don't know that there was criminal impropriety. Everyone seems to assume there was based on an evidence-less narrative.

I'm sorry I have trust issues and don't take things on belief. I admit other possibilities when I don't have evidence or the "facts" don't seem to add up.

Everybody jumping on him because of what they believe he did rubs me wrong. They don't know he did anything illegal. It's a charged subject they want to be on the right side of and they make assumptions.

Everybody believing the women because they are women bugs me. Everybody believing they know what happened because they read something online bugs me. People think they know more than they actually know, and it drives me crazy.

I look at all the angles, and admit I don't know. I still throw ideas out to try to make the pieces fit. That's the way my brain works.

Re pt 3, I'm talking about texts to friends near the alleged incidents implying that something criminal happened. I'm talking about appointments by the women to get treated for the alleged trauma by a mental health professional.

It just seems odd that there are so many women involved, but there is no evidence of those things happening.

Throw in the fact that Buzbee is not only a lawyer, but also a politician, and my trust issues are even more triggered.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson II

Link Copied to Clipboard