j/c...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
The more info I assimilate from articles and you fine folks, the more I don't want this Creep.

I think I am firmly in the "don't want this creep" camp but I understand (and don't like) the reason why it is a possibility.

1 member likes this: clwb419
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
The more info I assimilate from articles and you fine folks, the more I don't want this Creep.

I think I am firmly in the "don't want this creep" camp but I understand (and don't like) the reason why it is a possibility.

My guess as to how this plays out. Watson the Falcons, Ryan to the Colts, James G to the Browns, Baker to the Seahawks, Jameis to the Saints.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
FATE #1931653 03/16/22 05:36 PM
Legend
Legend
? 22 accused, and you just pointed out that some already said it was consensual. If it’s 50+, that means more than half didn’t have an issue.

I’m just going off of the summarizes you guys are giving. 50+ did not accuse Watson of assault, 22 did not file criminal charges, and a portion of the 22 said it was consensual.

On top of that, we still don’t have the full story, and we don’t have any actual evidence to prove/disprove the claims.

I have a personal rule when it comes to sexual misconduct: take all accusations seriously, but believe the evidence.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Creep. Not a predator. From that info, he contacted those women who let it known they offering a lot more than massages. And the fact that it’s consensual means you can’t call him a predator.

Again, a certified creep? Absolutely. being a creep isn’t illegal. Being a predator most certainly is.

I meant predatory creep. Not the official 'predator' label or anything like that. Dude knew what he was doing using IG the way he was.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Creep. Not a predator. From that info, he contacted those women who let it known they offering a lot more than massages. And the fact that it’s consensual means you can’t call him a predator.

Again, a certified creep? Absolutely. being a creep isn’t illegal. Being a predator most certainly is.

I meant predatory creep. Not the official 'predator' label or anything like that. Dude knew what he was doing using IG the way he was.

If that’s how you and Lex meant it than yea I agree 100%

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: oobernoober
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
? 22 accused, and you just pointed out that some already said it was consensual. If it’s 50+, that means more than half didn’t have an issue.

I’m just going off of the summarizes you guys are giving. 50+ did not accuse Watson of assault, 22 did not file criminal charges, and a portion of the 22 said it was consensual.

On top of that, we still don’t have the full story, and we don’t have any actual evidence to prove/disprove the claims.

I have a personal rule when it comes to sexual misconduct: take all accusations seriously, but believe the evidence.

I dont think you have the facts right. 22 filed civil charges, some of the ones that filed criminal charges didn't file civil charges. I have not seen anywhere where it says how many did not file criminal charges. From what I gathered of the 50 some said it was consensual, some filed criminal charges, some filed civil charges and some filed both. I am not sure anyone should be downplaying this in any way though.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Gotta say, the way the last 48hrs have gone, I don’t have a lot of overwhelmingly positive thoughts and feelings about the Browns. Seriously, how am I supposed to root for this guy? And the way things have gone down with Baker… I’ve had my doubts about the guy but he was the first QB to win a playoff game in how long? He didn’t deliver the promise land but at least we got out of the cellar with him. Why let it get so acrimonious? Just not smart or “adult” and talk about shooting any sort trade leverage in the foot. Not cool.

I get it that this is a business but my love for any team has its limits. If they end up with no legit QB next year or worse, a guy we have to hold our nose to watch and give up the farm to get him… sheesh, I don’t know. The Browns are testing my loyalty.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
4 members like this: Clemdawg, PrplPplEater, Westy15
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Hammer
"A number of therapists admitted they submitted to consensual sex."

Who does that? What kind of therapists are they?

The kind of therapist you find on IG. IMO, dude's clearly a predator (in that he seeks out women that may or may not (wink wink) be actual therapists).

It may have evolved on to that. But most certainly that is not at all the case with all possibly most of them.

Are you saying the complaints of real massage therapists are not valid and don't count as sexual assault because he later went looking for the rub n tug happy ending variety? Because while that's not what you (and Swish) have explicitly said, it is certainly implied.

We have corroborating proof of what happened Regards the first Lady to file immediately asking for advice on a pro athlete and sexual harrasment.we have police stating the 12 who pressed criminal charges are credible. I don't think the police state that if they are happy ending type massage therapists.

So is it a numbera game??? 22 real therapists would be top many but 12, that's something we can live with??

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
If we can put aside the creepy angle for a moment. If baker of 2020 is the guy we get in 2022 is the upgrade to Watson worth the deal I saw on here with 3 #1’s + newsome + somebody else. Really 4 #1’s. This really seems excessive to me . If Watson was a Boy Scout would this be a good deal??

On further research it was 2#1’s, newsome, hunt and mayfield. Also a 3 or 5. Still seems like too much

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 03/16/22 06:19 PM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
If Watson was a Boy Scout would this be a good deal??

Yes

If baker of 2020 is the guy we get in 2022

It would seem the front office and coaching staff don't think that person exists.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If we can put aside the creepy angle for a moment. If baker of 2020 is the guy we get in 2022 is the upgrade to Watson worth the deal I saw on here with 3 #1’s + newsome + somebody else. Really 4 #1’s. This really seems excessive to me . If Watson was a Boy Scout would this be a good deal??
Yes. Watson is legitimately great on the field and much better than Baker. But alas, he's a POS off the field.

A
Legend
Legend
A
It would seem the front office and coaching staff don't think that person exists.

Not anymore. IF the browns don't get watson, they've got nothing.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Not anymore. IF the browns don't get watson, they've got nothing.

It seems as if the team was looking for a reason to move on from Baker.

A
Legend
Legend
A
That could be, and probably is the case. My concern is if Watson doesn't end up here, we have jack squat at qb - only left over subs. Imagine being Amari right now. "what?"

Throw in the picks it would take, as well.....

It's like a complete re-set, yet again.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
That could be, and probably is the case. My concern is if Watson doesn't end up here, we have jack squat at qb - only left over subs. Imagine being Amari right now. "what?"

Throw in the picks it would take, as well.....

It's like a complete re-set, yet again.

If the team doesn't view Baker highly then it was going to be a complete reset at the position either way.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I wanted to see Baker get one more season here healthy to see what he could do. Upgrade the WR's for him and see what happens. I'll admit DW would be an upgrade but the price is steep and I really don't want the drama and baggage he would bring. We've had enough of that over the years; too much. Honestly, and it's JMO, I don't think DW wants to come to Cleveland anyways but we shall see.

A
Legend
Legend
A
IF he comes to Cleveland, he better be worth it - even with some 6 or so games suspended.

What the front office has done is told Baker "we aren't with you", and..............crap, Watson isn't coming here??????? Crap crap crap....hey, baker, man, we were just trying to put a chip on you shoulder. Don't leave the whole team in limbo.......

I'll expect to see a winning Browns team at some point in the future. Probably when I'm ...........eh.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson II

Link Copied to Clipboard