Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1931689 03/16/22 07:04 PM
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T

Last edited by tastybrownies; 03/16/22 07:05 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
MassageEnvy needs to jump now and become the Official Massage Partners of the Cleveland Browns.
Strike while the iron is hot!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
I’m ready for this circus to be done… either way

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
Legend
Legend
M
So the last thread started focusing on the cost of the acquisition.

I don't know what we offered - but based on other offers that have been floated (3 firsts + players) my observation is that Stefanski's offense does NOT require an elite QB. Stefanski's offense does not exploit or utilize and elite QB's skill set to the max ....so depending on what we give up (and my heart sinks as I expect the worst) is *probably* going to be too much for the benefit we get in return. Especially if it's a 3 year rental of Watson because he's a flake.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jaybird
I’m ready for this circus to be done… either way

Oh it's only just beginning. This is a bunch of hardcore fans going back and forth. Wait till the media really dig in... you know how they love Cleveland.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

No surprise at all.
When I heard about the lawyer connection, I figured it has all been decided all along. Haslam and his lawyers make it all go away, and in return he "chooses" us.

In coming up with that, I also kinda thought how easy it would have been for Haslam's people to bribe some of them to make reports to create the situation in the first place.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Seeing how Haslam works, these type of shady back room dealings wouldn't surprise me at all!

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
This officially makes us a bona fide AFC North organization. The Rats had the murderin' Ray Ray, the bungles had frick and frack....Pacman and Vontaze, Steelers had rapistberger and the steroid gang. I guess it's our turn with Deshaun "Happy Ending" Watson.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Steeler fans don't call Ben a rapist.. fans of other teams who wish they had a QB that led them to a SB will judge and use words to make it feel right for them., by degrading them.

Sports have players, and those players play to win what the sport offers. That is winning the championship. The sport has fans. Fans with many different views and feelings. These fans also have one thing very much in common. Winning the biggest prize. The Championship Trophy. Good seasons and bad seasons bring out the bad in all, from ownership, to coaches, to players to fans.

Being the best and winning Championships is why we watch sports. Athletes are no different from us, they play a sport, us, we weld, cook, package cut grass, IT, whatever we do, that's our jobs. We all work with people who are very different or much alike. It's the world and how life is.

We judge, we have our own views nothing will change that. People are people, some are more in the spotlight and their wrong and rights get seen and spoken of more than those who cannot be seen so well.

Every Browns fan wants the same thing. A SB Championship plain and simple. It's why you and I watch the game. All of us are sinners, all of us have faults, all of us have good in us, all of us are human.

You have to look at this as a business. The sole purpose of this business is to win Championships and make all involved happy.

If Watson comes to the Browns and wins a SB, then most of us will be happy celebrating a Championship we have been living for all our lives as a Browns fans.

It's a sport in a world that isn't perfect and sin is everywhere. In all of us !

If Watson comes here, and it upsets you and your beliefs then turn away from sports, because it will be there in all sports, all work places and in all of our daily lives.

I want to see a Championship, a SB in Cleveland.

God will take care of what he has to, to forgive those who trespass against us is what our God , if you believe wants us to do.

On a sports side of this story, get the best QB they can.

Stick together Browns fans, a SB win is near ! well, hopefully !

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
D
Legend
Legend
D
If Watson comes here, I am out. Its a short trip from Browns' fan to Browns' observer. I've done it before (in the 90's), I can do it again.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Westy15
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dave
If Watson comes here, I am out. Its a short trip from Browns' fan to Browns' observer. I've done it before (in the 90's), I can do it again.

I’m kinda thinking the same thing. I want the browns to win of course but I also actually have to not be actively disgusted by the players, let alone the QB. I think I’m pretty much tagging out of the NFL if they land Watson. I’ve been teetering for years now, this would probably push me into the category of passive observer. I’d feel good for the city if they won it all of course but it would have a big asterisk for me if it came this way.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
1 member likes this: ThomasE
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't have to like him or root for him personally, but I'm not missing out on a winning season over this POS.

This was funny.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/16/22 08:55 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
3 members like this: datguy, Ballpeen, Hammer
L
Legend
Legend
L
Saints Super Bowl odds got quite a bit better in the last couple hours. Sounds like he made his decision

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Saints Super Bowl odds got quite a bit better in the last couple hours. Sounds like he made his decision

I think the sports books are just trying to protect themselves after it was alleged insiders placed large wagers on the Bucs winning the SB just days and hours before Brady announced his return.

Browns odds to win Super Bowl also went from 40-1 to 25-1.

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Something about this stinks and I think Brady is behind it. He should be investigated for illegal gambling and collusion.

-Charles Bukowski
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Watson Watch seems like it's going to enter another day. Better announce tomorrow before March Madness gets all the press beginning Thursday...unless that's part of the plan. Temper the outrage from factions of fan bases while other major sporting event going on!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Rumors on Twitter-verse are that he doesn't know "is torn" and will take up to a couple days to make a decision.

Dude pitched a fit to get out of Houston, got ALL his dirty laundry aired, and now is going to try to pull a Lebron. The stones on this guy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
I do not want him. I want Baker. He will be healed and ready for next season. He doesn't have baggage. He is Cleveland. I do not want the sex predator.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: clwb419
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pardon me, but Baker has already played his last game for the Browns.

It will either be The Sex Predator, Jimmy G, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan or Case Keenum.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
J/c…

I seem to remember the Browns crowing about wanting players with good character. They wouldn’t sign Kaepernick because he knelt during the national anthem. Now they are begging Watson to play for them and mortgaging the future to do it.
Idk seems like another Hershel Walker trade to me.
Oh great football god please let Watson choose a team other than the Browns. Haven’t we suffered enough yet?

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Every Browns fan wants the same thing.
A SB Championship plain and simple.
The sole purpose of this business is to win Championships and make all involved happy.
SB win is near ! well, hopefully !

I don't see us going anywhere but backwards if this happens. How do we go to the SB when the franchise flushes the future for one player? The price is too high and we are about to be set back again. Deshaun is not Tom Brady, he's just a shiny new object made of fools gold.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
E
Legend
Legend
E
So the Browns actually want the face of their franchise to be somebody who had more than 20 women come up and accuse him of rape or sexual misconduct 20+ For years us Brown fans have labeled Big Ben as the rapist on one accusation ...Think about it OVER 20.

Also for you young guys who probably didn't know too much about this. But man this reminds me of it.

Dallas had Herschel Walker and they traded him to the Vikings for a slew of players and draft picks...similar to the trade we have just worked out for Watson.

Vikings have still not go over it meanwhile the Cowboys who in this case would be the Texans ended up with a DYNASTY.

I just cannot believe this is happening to my Browns.

I hope this trade DOES NOT GO THROUGH...and we go and move up to get Malik Willis

Sorry I have always been proud of the Browns...ok we took a shot at Hunt on a one time occurance and it turned out but I see this as the end of our franchise - Haslams will be disrespected we will lose fans those who have Mothers, wives and daughters you really wish to root for this guy? I was proud of Jim Brown and other movements but I don't think I can be proud of Deshaun.

I hate to say this but I made a thread not too long ago where I spelled out my fears that Stefanski didn't want Baker on the team as his QB...if this is the alternative Fire him....fire Berry Shame on you guys smearing the team that I love so much...this Breaks my heart and this is not a Fan Love of Baker....I've always loved the BROWNS FIRST and FOREMOST!!! Just breaks my heart. I might as well die as I've been fighting so hard so I can see my beloved Browns be Champions....now if they do that under Watson I feel cheated.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: Floquinho
Legend
Legend
Watson is a massive upgrade to Baker.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Watson is a massive upgrade to Baker.
Yeah, this isn’t debatable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm trying to stay neutral until I learn more (more about what we're offering, more about what Deshaun did and didn't do (though it sounds like we found out a little yesterday), but I'm definitely sliding more towards the 'thumbs down' side of the argument. I'm still hoping things work out, but I just don't think I can root for a Browns teams with Watson as its face.

... but on top of that (because this is the Browns we're talking about) even if we don't land Watson, we're still screwed at QB because our current guy stomped off into the corner and started throwing a temper tantrum on social media. Maybe his showing that he doesn't have the mental makeup to be a fQB is a blessing in disguise, but (again, because we're the Browns) by trying to upgrade the QB position we've actually soured what we did have going for us (and after most other options (and all the good ones)) are off the market.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I know it is emotional.

But it is football and that is all. Players come and go. Coaches come and go. And we have seen owners come and go.

When the foot hits the ball and the game begins. It is entertainment and it becomes about winning the game.

There are scum bags in football. People that if you really knew them you would not want any part off.

Good guys and bad guys. Not much different than anywhere you go.

I like Baker. I like try hard overachievers. I want him to succeed in Cleveland.

But if Watson becomes the quarterback. I will not dwell upon who or what he is. It will be about winning.
=========================================================================

If you are called upon to be on a jury. Your job becomes trying to determine guilt or innocence.

You watch all that takes place at the trial. The presentation of evidence. The interrogations of all parties by the prosecution and the defense.

Then you discuss that with other members of the jury. Even then the determination of the jury is not always right.

Watson deserves that process.

I am not going to pass judgement until all of the information is provided. I have patience.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You don't get it...I am not talking football I'm talking CHARACTER. I always like his football go look back at the archives about the draft.

He has excellent STATS. but unfortunately he is not a winner yet in the NFL.

That trade will cripple us and give the Texans an opportunity to become a championship. Hunt, Newsome, Baker 2 first rounders 2 2nd rounders and a 5th rounder as noted the last time a team did a trade like that the Vikings (the Browns in this instance) crippled themselves to this day they haven't gotten over it. Meanwhile the Cowboys (the Texans in this instance) went on to build a dynasty.

So we would have a sexual predator as our face of the franchise something to be proud of. Go ahead sell your soul to the Devil...not me

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
We don’t know what the comp will actually be until the trade actually happens bro. On top of that, he’s a certified franchise QB, which means the cost to get one is worth it.

Also, I believe he already has 2 division titles under his belt, and has already been crowned as a top 3-5 QB in this league. It’s not just his stats but his overall talent he has displayed that makes him worlds better than Baker.

I don’t think the trade will cripple us. If our 1st round picks that go to Houston ends up being 20’s and up, then I don’t understand how that’s gonna cripple us.

I’m tired of winning the draft every season. I want to win division titles. Shout out to the Rams GM, F those picks.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C'mon Saints you can do it!

Joe Thomas #73
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
I feel the same way. This will be the face of the organization. The most talked about player. If the Browns win, he is the most likely hero.
I have a wife and 2 daughters in my household, and rooting for this person as the leader of the Browns would make me feel ashamed in front of them.
The guy isn't just another person accused of rape. He is a serial predator that treats 50% of the population as sub-human. I have no other explanation for men that treat women this way.
If he is in, I am out.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
So who at QB do you feel we can win a super bowl with?

-Charles Bukowski
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not asking me, but I'll answer anyway.

Of the QBs available, the guy is obviously Watson. Still doesn't mean I can confidently say I would root for him. Hell, I found myself rooting against OBJ and he was just your run-of-the-mill dbag.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I believe the Saint's is where he's going, credit to their FO, they started at 75m over the cap and now are sitting with 30m available.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Sign with the Falcons and trade for Matty 'old man' Ice!

Legend
Legend
So, now we gotta go after Jimmy G, Carr, Mariota, or a draft pick (or combo of both)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I believe the Saint's is where he's going, credit to their FO, they started at 75m over the cap and now are sitting with 30m available.

The salary cap is fake! I don't care what Spotrac guy says. It's a convenient excuse to release players you don't really want on the team. tongue

C
Legend
Legend
C
What a relief if we don’t get him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson III

Link Copied to Clipboard