Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I believe the Saint's is where he's going, credit to their FO, they started at 75m over the cap and now are sitting with 30m available.

23 million and that's still a long way from 40+

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I believe the Saint's is where he's going, credit to their FO, they started at 75m over the cap and now are sitting with 30m available.

[Linked Image]

All Pro
All Pro
Being a organization with a questionable moral compass is not a winner in today’s social climate. Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski will face tough questions before all this is over. Go all in with a shady character who uses his fame to fulfill his sexual weird needs will cost the Browns lot’s of supports. Especially females will think twice before spending money on such scruple free organization. The media landscape has changed and things that was acceptable a couple of years ago can now be labeled as potential career threats. MeToo showed us what women think about behavior like this.

I simply don’t understand what the Browns is up to. They leak information that they want a “adult” QB and then five seconds later they are willing to sell the Farm and everything that comes with it to à man who’s facing 22 lawsuits. Not 1, not 5, not 10. 22. Adult? Do Berry really think that all Browns supporters are complete idiots?

Yesterday almost half of the national media sided with Baker.
Colin. Nick. Skip. Pat McA. To name a few. Some used the word “ClownShow” when describing the Cleveland Browns. 20+ years of failure. Never learn, never thoughtful about consequences.

Coincidentally (ironi) almost everything around the Browns is ending with controversy. Only the last 5 years. Hue. Greg. Dorsey. Freddie K. OBJ. Baker. Is always somebody else. The only thing that’s familiar since I started being a supporter is that the Browns is doing the headlines when it’s’ off season. You know the time when winning organizations is having holidays and is resting.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

Restructure his contract. Salary cap is not an issue.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cfrs15
What a relief if we don’t get him.

I think that's where I'm leaning, but then what? Our situation at home has eroded to the point we might have to fall back on plan c/d/e. Maybe Mayfield can put his big-boy pants back on, but this whole dog-and-pony show has created (or revealed) a potentially untenable situation.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I'm finally at the point where I feel there is too much collateral damage if we sign Watson. It's not what's best for the Cleveland Browns. Our best bet is to roll with Baker.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

I have to laugh like hell when I read some of this stuff that Depo laid out as a Guideline for the franchise operations.

The last Browns/Depo "guardrail" on the left...MAKE THIS A GREAT PLACE FOR PLAYERS...

Kind of an "unfortunate", "stupid" "irresponsible" comment coming from Ownership/Front Office when we consider the stated Guardrails for the franchise operation...and given the fact that Watson had not even made a commitment to play in for Haslam or DePodesta yet.

Last edited by mac; 03/17/22 10:46 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...Looks like Watson's next team will be the New Orleans Taints.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Supposedly he is meeting again with NO, and they just finished clearing up a TON of cap space.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Swish
Watson is a massive upgrade to Baker.

When it falls apart who will be next?

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I personally hope Watson signs somewhere else. I've never been a fan of Baker....why, the narrative about having an adult at QB makes sense to me. Your history says something about yourself. He bet on himself and left TT for OK, well THAT says something, no loyalty to TT. Before the draft, his arrest video, running from the cop and getting knocked down, how many Franchise QBs have that on their resume. His cocky attitude, yes, plenty of superstar athletes have that....but, how many smart QBs get smacked in the middle of the field tackling a DB after throwing an interception. He's paid well to throw, not tackle....that one bonehead play cost him his and our season in hindsight. We don't know what's going on between coach/front office/and QB.....BUT, OBVIOUSLY he ain't loved by the organization OR they'd have paid him the STUPID sums QBs are making......plus, he's said goodbye to Cleveland after saying he's off social media.....I'd trade Baker and roll with Mariota- while drafting a QB this year or next......GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by LexDawg

only one way to find out.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'm finally at the point where I feel there is too much collateral damage if we sign Watson. It's not what's best for the Cleveland Browns. Our best bet is to roll with Baker.

I doubt we can roll with Baker now. That train has been blown off the tracks now. In Case of Emergency.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L

Yeah, I hope you realize how stupid that sounds. If you don't, you should take a step back.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O

Yeah, I hope you realize how stupid that sounds. If you don't, you should take a step back.

??

No worse than your response. AB has a plan.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

only thing sounding stupid is your response. take a step back responding to me then if you have a problem.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober

??

At least one plan.

When this team decided to pursue Watson, they knew it was over with Baker. They may have already decided it was over before this Watson thing started.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L

??

We can get a better back than Chubb. Don't think so? Only one way to find out!

"Only one way to find out did lead us to a jersey with a parade of names down the back and a franchise that was a punchline. You don't run a professional team that way.

C
Legend
Legend
C

??

Bingo. Does Andrew Berry seem like the type of person that would do something without a backup plan?

L
All Pro
All Pro
L

only thing sounding stupid is your response. take a step back responding to me then if you have a problem.

As I said in my other response. Let's get rid of Chubb for someone better. Only one way to find out!

It is a dumb response.

Legend
Legend

As I said in my other response. Let's get rid of Chubb for someone better. Only one way to find out!

It is a dumb response.

your post toward me makes no damn sense because you acting like me or anyone else on this board has any control on how it goes down. like seriously you're getting ridiculous.

- Theodore Roosevelt
mac #1931836 03/17/22 11:05 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Further comment on the IQ of the Browns Ownership/Front office...the Browns actually started bad mouthing Mayfield before they even knew if Watson would play in Cleveland. Supposedly Haslam and Depo might be trying to sell Mayfield as a valuable, legit trade target for other teams.

Ownership/front office started throwing Mayfield under the bus with their "we want an 'adult' at QB" , comment before they knew what Watson might do, play for Haslam or say thanks but no thanks, not playing for a franchise with ownership like Haslam or a front office that is being run by a Baseball guy.

You can't make this "stupid crap up"...only in Cleveland..!!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Legend
Legend
C

mac #1931838 03/17/22 11:09 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

1 member likes this: bringbackbernie
C
Legend
Legend
C
/thread

M
Legend
Legend
M
Watson to ATL. fingerscrossed

Bring me Matty Ice!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15

thumbsup

Joe Thomas #73
D
Legend
Legend
D
Well, sorry for those of you who are disappointed, but I'm relieved. I don't want to be conflicted when watching my team's games.

1 member likes this: Jester
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Why didn't we do the same with Cooper if that is legal?

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Why didn't we do the same with Cooper if that is legal?

We can if necessary. It’ll just make his contract less flexible in the future.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The team still views Baker Mayfield as their quarterback going forward.

We still buying this or nah?

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C

No chance.

2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, MemphisBrownie
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
your post toward me makes no damn sense because you acting like me or anyone else on this board has any control on how it goes down. like seriously you're getting ridiculous.

I am not sure how 'having any control over how it goes down' has anything to do with your statement. You made a dumb statement, you have control over that. I didnt call you out for making the decision, just for making the statement.

You can't just do something just to see how it goes, at least if you are going to be responsible. So I found your statement to be stupid. There are a ton of really bad arguments and statements on the topic, that happens to be one. No team just pulls the trigger 'to see how it goes'.

Look at another stupid statement (Not by you). Baker's post shows a complete lack of maturity and is a sign he isnt right for the job. However the person we are trying to fill that spot with is accused of harassing at least 2 dozen women. The idea that the first statement is valid, given the second, is silly. And the fact they people making the statements dont have any control over the team doesn't make the statements any less silly given the circumstances.

I am sorry that you feel your statement is above criticism and got offended. To me it shows a complete lack of thought. However in hindsight the Browns do things that way. I guess that is where Browns is the Browns came from afterall. I just dont support it.

Last edited by LexDawg; 03/17/22 11:23 AM.
Legend
Legend
oh well. at least we tried. so what bum are we rolling with?

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Thank goodness that filth ain't coming here. Still disgusted with haslam, berry and stefanski. Clown show

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
2 members like this: Floquinho, bringbackbernie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nope! I would rather we tank for a QB next year and keep building the rest of roster for the future.

Baker can hold a clip board for his immature mate in Arizona.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M

I'll live stream me running my left arm through a band saw if Baker is the Browns QB next year. I'm a righty so not all would be lost!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wonder if this last act of Haslam's crap show will affect Free agents and their Agents ? Or as many have said " it's all about the money "

Legend
Legend

I am not sure how 'having any control over how it goes down' has anything to do with your statement. You made a dumb statement, you have control over that. I didnt call you out for making the decision, just for making the statement.

You can't just do something just to see how it goes, at least if you are going to be responsible. So I found your statement to be stupid. There are a ton of really bad arguments and statements on the topic, that happens to be one. No team just pulls the trigger 'to see how it goes'.

Look at another stupid statement (Not by you). Baker's post shows a complete lack of maturity and is a sign he isnt right for the job. However the person we are trying to fill that spot with is accused of harassing at least 2 dozen women. The idea that the first statement is valid given the second is silly. And the fact they people making the statements dont have any control over the team doesn't make the statements any less silly given the circumstances.

I am sorry that you feel your statement is above criticism and got offended. To me it shows a complete lack of thought. However in hindsight the Browns do things that way. I guess that is where Browns is the Browns came from afterall. I just dont support it.

now you just making stuff up. im not offended whatsoever, but the fact that you felt the need to single out my post from everyone else's raised my eyebrow. from OUR perspective, there's only one way to find out. of course AB isnt gonna roll with that logic because he IS in control, and i would be disappointed if he did roll with that. you asked ME, not AB. and i responded with "there's only one way to find out" from a fan perspective.

im sure you're a dope armchair GM who knows everything about the cap and assets. i'm not and never pretended to be, im just a fan of the team.

and by the way, you talking about lack of thought despite the fact that you dont know the inner workings either. at least im not pretending like i know whats going on. you should do the same...

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson III

Link Copied to Clipboard